Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #601 (permalink)

Go ahead and ask. The worst they can say is no, but they're usually pretty responsive to specific requests, especially since you're a new seller. You might first try the 'something wrong with this listing' link on the card's page, and if you don't get a response, then give them a phone call. I've been very impressed by their customer service so far.

Near as I can tell, the cards are placed in 9 pocket pages and the entire page is scanned at once, so if the page is scanned wrong, it will affect 9 cards and not just one.

It probably won't affect the saleability of those cards much. Those are modern cards in pack-fresh condition. If they were vintage cards where centering, edges and corners are an issue, then it might affect things some.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #602 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac56 View Post
Hi guys - I need some advice.

I just added about 100 cards to COMC. I've noticed at least 15 cards where the scans are pretty bad (way off center). The link to my cards is below. Personally, I would like to ask that some of the cards be re-scanned but perhaps I'm being too picky. What do you guys think?

bmac56's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com
I don't think you are. It defeats the purpose of scanning them if sides are cut-off. Alert them so they can up the q/c.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #603 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardtrader View Post
I was wondering...lets say I wanna do a trade with someone but the card I wanna trade away is in my COMC account. Instead of getting the card sent back to me and then sending it to the trader is it possible for me to send that card directly to the trader from my account? Is it as easy as editing my shipping information or something?

Thanks!
that is exactly what you do. I shipped over 100+ cards to blowout when they were running some promotions.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #604 (permalink)

Ok thanks ddearing!!
cardtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #605 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
Go ahead and ask. The worst they can say is no, but they're usually pretty responsive to specific requests, especially since you're a new seller. You might first try the 'something wrong with this listing' link on the card's page, and if you don't get a response, then give them a phone call. I've been very impressed by their customer service so far.

Near as I can tell, the cards are placed in 9 pocket pages and the entire page is scanned at once, so if the page is scanned wrong, it will affect 9 cards and not just one.

It probably won't affect the saleability of those cards much. Those are modern cards in pack-fresh condition. If they were vintage cards where centering, edges and corners are an issue, then it might affect things some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
I don't think you are. It defeats the purpose of scanning them if sides are cut-off. Alert them so they can up the q/c.
Thanks for the input guys - I appreciate it! I think I'll contact them and see what they can do.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #606 (permalink)

What do you guys think about the auction feature? I think it would be better if we could see what the current highest bid is, so we could see if we want to bid higher. I am too lazy to go through and figure out exactly what I want to pay, but I can easily look at a lot to see if I want to pay higher than "x" for it.

Also, if I bid $1000 and the next highest bid is $500, how much do I end up paying for it?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #607 (permalink)

The way I'm reading it, if you bid $1,000 and the next high bid is $500, you get it for $1,000. But I could be wrong and maybe someone will clarify it.

I love the auction feature in principle and I think it could lead to some very creative business models. For instance, you start a fresh account with a big batch of cards. Start them at full price. Every day, lower the price by 5%. By day 46, the cards are at 90% off. Then you "auction" the entire port, someone gets all the leftovers. Then you send in another gigantic batch of cards which you accumulated over the past 8 weeks.

If you send in a new batch every time the old batch hits, then the new batch should hit your account at about the same time that the old batch has cleared out the door. If you're buying right, you should make money. And if you're aggressively selling, it allows you to aggressively buy.

My main concern, as expressed on the blog, is that the postage considerations are weighty if the eventual buyer ever wants to take physical delivery. This can be alleviated if they tweak the system a bit. Otherwise, I think it will drag down the process.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #608 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac56 View Post
Hi guys - I need some advice.

I just added about 100 cards to COMC. I've noticed at least 15 cards where the scans are pretty bad (way off center). The link to my cards is below. Personally, I would like to ask that some of the cards be re-scanned but perhaps I'm being too picky. What do you guys think?

bmac56's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com
I will definitely take a look in your order and see what needs to be rescanned. If you have a rescan request, definitely use the "Notify Us" link to the right of each card. You can then click "Tell Us What's Wrong" and it will send an email to me to let me know what to review. If a good portion of your order (like this case) needs to be rescanned, just tell us to review the order like I will do, and I will definitely do it.
1-800-517-3540

Last edited by riotgear; 06-16-2010 at 11:58 AM.
riotgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #609 (permalink)

Q: How Often Are The Prices Of Cards Updated?

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #610 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
Q: How Often Are The Prices Of Cards Updated?
Beckett updates daily. Because of the sheer volume of cards we have in our system, sometimes there's a bit of a lag. But we do try to keep up.

If there's a complete set that isn't up-to-date, email Mark at MarkBoyer@checkoutmycards.com. He will enter the data and it should update in a couple hours.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #611 (permalink)

has the site been broken/slow/down for anyone else today? Seems like it has been on the fritz most of the day.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #612 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotgear View Post
I will definitely take a look in your order and see what needs to be rescanned. If you have a rescan request, definitely use the "Notify Us" link to the right of each card. You can then click "Tell Us What's Wrong" and it will send an email to me to let me know what to review. If a good portion of your order (like this case) needs to be rescanned, just tell us to review the order like I will do, and I will definitely do it.
Hi Mark - I think we may have talked on the phone last week. Anyway, I went through my cards and used the "Notify Us" link on the ones where the scan had cut off the cards. In all I'd say it was about a third of the cards I sent in my last batch. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #613 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

They must be working this weekend, just had another batch process! Cards were 2 days ahead of schedule (the other batch 2 batches that processed this week were ahead of that)...who hoo..just in time for the shipping special too!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #614 (permalink)

Default Non-sports and Graded cards questions

how are these sells going?--anybody have some input?
i was going to get some 63 bev hillbillies and 65 fl gomer pyle together, but was wondering if anybody is selling much--

on graded cards, i am beginning to see some actual sensible offerings now--used to be, that a 1960's or 70's psa 6 or 7 would be asking 4 times what they were actually selling for on ebay--anybody got any input on these?--

thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #615 (permalink)

no real impact on sales so far, in fact its been a lot slower than usual. I on average have 1 or 2 sales a day
Old 06-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #616 (permalink)

Hi Sivotco1!

My experience with non-sports on COMC has been that they sell very slowly. I have about 500 non-sports and magic cards posted, and have sold I think 3 in my life. 1 was for full asking price and 2 were for 1/2 asking price.

My general sense is that non-sports people have no idea that COMC even exists, and that COMC is mostly relying upon sellers to get the word out.

My further sense is that if a non-sports collector stumbles across the site, they don't see much that they would want to buy at a price they'd want to pay and they tend to back away.

However, I think that this could change if non-sports dealers were to post more non-sports on the site and direct some of their customers there.

For instance, if you have a bunch of $20 to $50 non-sports cards, you might sell those on eBay, put your $2 to $20 cards on COMC, and direct your eBay buyers to COMC with packing slips, business cards, handwritten notes, etc. Or if someone asks if you have anything else, you can direct them to COMC.

I think eventually word would get around that there is non-sports on COMC and that it's a great site for completing sets / selling basic singles.

However, right now, if you have a batch of vintage non-sports that you post to eBay and you post an identical batch to COMC, the cards will sell on eBay faster than they would on COMC.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #617 (permalink)

thanks for the reply--makes sense to me
Old 06-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #618 (permalink)

So, who won the port auction, and what was the winning bid?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #619 (permalink)

Um, so I was trying to convert comc store credit into Blowout gift certificates.
It says 60 credit gets you a 50 dollar certificate, but I thought the whole point of this service was to bypass the fees associated with converting the cash, and get straight up store credit on blowout. Kind of dissapointed with this.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #620 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Um, so I was trying to convert comc store credit into Blowout gift certificates.
It says 60 credit gets you a 50 dollar certificate, but I thought the whole point of this service was to bypass the fees associated with converting the cash, and get straight up store credit on blowout. Kind of dissapointed with this.
This has been discussed many times since the offer started. It was never stated that it was dollar-for-dollar. It works out to less than the 20% cash-out fee though, and the more you convert to GC, the lower % that gets taken out. That is the advantage of it.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #621 (permalink)

What counts as an oversized card (incurring an extra processing fee)? A lot of cards are slightly bigger than a regular card in one direction or another, do those all count as oversized?
For instance:
1989 bowman baseball
1990 topps big baseball
1993 gameday football
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #622 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
What counts as an oversized card (incurring an extra processing fee)? A lot of cards are slightly bigger than a regular card in one direction or another, do those all count as oversized?
For instance:
1989 bowman baseball
1990 topps big baseball
1993 gameday football
None of those cards are considered oversized. Think 1986 Donruss All-Star cards, or something along those lines.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #623 (permalink)

Best way I've found to test the 'oversized' fee is to just search for a card from the set you are wondering about. If it is subject to an oversized processing fee it would also be subject to the oversized shipping fee. So when you look up a card already on the site, under the price of the card it would say something like "Oversized S/H $1.25".

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #624 (permalink)

COMC has this very cool feature where you can download your sales history in an Excel spreadsheet. Totally rocks. Question is, how long do sales stay in that spreadsheet on their website? Does COMC stop tracking sales that are more than a month old, 2 months, 6 months? If so, then I need to download and save that sales history so that I can keep track of every single sale I've made on COMC.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #625 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
COMC has this very cool feature where you can download your sales history in an Excel spreadsheet. Totally rocks. Question is, how long do sales stay in that spreadsheet on their website? Does COMC stop tracking sales that are more than a month old, 2 months, 6 months? If so, then I need to download and save that sales history so that I can keep track of every single sale I've made on COMC.
I've been selling there for over a year and a half and all my data is still available from Day 1. So if it does expire, its not for a long time.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote