Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #626 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
COMC has this very cool feature where you can download your sales history in an Excel spreadsheet. Totally rocks. Question is, how long do sales stay in that spreadsheet on their website? Does COMC stop tracking sales that are more than a month old, 2 months, 6 months? If so, then I need to download and save that sales history so that I can keep track of every single sale I've made on COMC.
Your sales history should date back to the inception of your account. If not, let us know.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #627 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xanderthegreat

Im thinking about sending about 500 cards in to try to sell. I had a few questions first.

1. Are there any promotions going on currently? How would you locate them?
2. Have people had success on selling on COMC? How much have people made?
3. What cards are best to sell on COMC?

If anyone can answer these questions that would be a great help. Thanks
xanderthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #628 (permalink)

Please see my feedback below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderthegreat View Post
Im thinking about sending about 500 cards in to try to sell. I had a few questions first.

1. Are there any promotions going on currently? How would you locate them? There are no current promotions that I am aware of. They will be running promotions at the National next month
2. Have people had success on selling on COMC? How much have people made? I have had great success selling on COMC, but you have to work at it to find the right cards. Junk will always be junk and it does not sell on COMC even at 90% or more off book price
3. What cards are best to sell on COMC? This will be discussed many ways within the pages of this thread, but I will simplify it by saying sell cards with few other copies already on the site. Have fun.

If anyone can answer these questions that would be a great help. Thanks
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #629 (permalink)

1. Are there any promotions going on currently? How would you locate them?

Not to my knowledge. If there was a promotion, it would be on their twitter, facebook, blog, and also in the upper right corner of the home page.

I've only been on the site for a few months, but the specials I've seen so far have been a 10 cent listing sale for 2010 baseball cards (at the start of the baseball season) and a 15 cent listing sale for pre-1976 topps (3 week processing instead of 8 week processing). There have also been a couple of 10 cent shipping specials.

I wouldn't sit around and wait for a special, but if they happened to have one, I'd probably put the relevant cards to the front of my 'to do' list. For instance, when they ran the vintage Topps special, I sent in about 2,000 vintage Topps cards that I was eventually going to send in anyway.

2. Have people had success on selling on COMC? How much have people made?

So far, I've been very happy with COMC. I've been on eBay for 12 years and COMC for about 3 months. I've sold more single cards through COMC in 3 months than I've sold on eBay in 12 years. In all the years I've been selling on eBay, the most I ever had listed at one time was about 1,300 items, and it was very difficult to keep up with that many listings. On COMC, I currently have 8,800 listings, and it's a piece of cake. I could just as easily have 88,000 items listed, and maybe some day, I will.

3. What cards are best to sell on COMC?

Absolutely everything will sell on COMC, and I mean everything. Of the first 350 cards I sold on the site, there were 300 different players. After that, I lost track.

In general, rookie cards sell better than later year cards, stars will sell better than commons, jerseys, autos, scarcer parallels and inserts will sell better than base cards, and vintage will sell better than modern, but everything will sell. If it doesn't sell, you can always put your entire portfolio up for grabs, by offering it for sale as one lot.

My advice would be to go through your cards and look them up on COMC. If you would be satisfied with 1/2 of the lowest price listed for that card (or 1/2 book if the card is not listed on COMC), then consider sending it in.

Your first batch, I would recommend sending a small number with Express 7 day turnaround, a few with Priority 3 week processing, and the bulk with Standard 8 week processing. If you send in your entire batch at 8 week processing, you'll be biting your fingernails for the next 8 weeks, and it will seem like an eternity. If you have a few cards in the pipeline, then you will know more of what to expect when the bulk of your stuff hits. If you send in stuff with different processing time, be sure to put them in different boxes in your package and label them clearly. It's prudent to make several copies of the packing slip and keep one with each batch.

Be aware that people like to make offers and price your cards accordingly. Some people will offer 50% of book (the lowest they can offer) on any card they're interested in. Others will test you out with 20-30% discounts and if you accept, they might be back with a similar offer on other cards.

Unlike eBay, either party can cancel an offer / counter offer at any time. So it's best to respond to them quickly. I'd recommend countering every offer at least, but even if you reject, it's best to do so quickly, because the buyer's money is tied up in the offer until you accept, or they cancel, or the offer expires (a few days after being made).

The best way to ship cards to COMC that I've found is to use a flat rate priority box. They will hold 3 of the 550 count boxes. There will be some room in the box. I usually include some snacks in the empty space to help relieve the drudgery of sorting thousands of cards every day. Good luck!
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #630 (permalink)

Is it me or have sales on the site really slow down. ? I've had some sales day of new listings or offers. But since then not much . Just seeing if its only me or have others noticed this?
ernieren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #631 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieren View Post
Is it me or have sales on the site really slow down. ? I've had some sales day of new listings or offers. But since then not much . Just seeing if its only me or have others noticed this?
Haven't noticed a slowdown here. In fact yesterday I had someone buy several hundred dollars worth at full asking price. Cards that had been sitting there for quite some time. No offers or anything. Works for me
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #632 (permalink)

Hi ernieren!

Sales have been fairly steady for me lately (knock wood). I haven't sold anything today yet, but I sold 20 cards yesterday, 28 on Monday, 25 on Sunday, 51 on Saturday, 44 on Friday, 43 last Thursday, and 23 last Wednesday.

I did have a lot of cards hit my account recently, and I recently changed my price structure. Previously, I had higher asking prices but I would accept all offers. Now, I lowered the asking price and counter some offers. Since I made that change, sales have been fairly brisk.

It should be noted that I have about 15 times as many cards listed as you, so proportionately, my sales would be the equivalent of you selling 1-3 cards per day. If you sell 0 cards on one day, it would be difficult to read anything statistically significant into that.

My general sense is that the cards which sell the best are cards which people need to complete sets, cards of the collector's favorite players / teams, and cards being sold at an extreme discount to guide. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #633 (permalink)

Looking for some help and tips. Just finally had my account activated here today but I have been lurking for two weeks. Due to the problems with Beckett I have ventured out and found this site, become a BIG user of zistle.com and sent in my first batch to check out my cards. My questions about COMC- first how do you spam your stuff for sale there? How do you get that link? Also, I've seen people have there COMC ID in the side under their BO ID- how do you do that? Lastly, I sent in 30 cards to start after careful research into what was on the site and how much things were selling for. The majority of the ones I sent in are not in stock at all on the site or have 1 or 2 others with high prices. Is this a good way to go? Any tips would be appreciated.

Scott
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #634 (permalink)

Hi Scott! Welcome to COMC.

My questions about COMC- first how do you spam your stuff for sale there? How do you get that link?

You don't spam it there. You can spam it here, by posting to the following board:

Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.) - Blowout Cards Forums

You can also spam your listings at the Facebook page:

Welcome to Facebook

Be sure to include a link to your store if you're posting on Facebook. You'd be surprised how many people don't. Also, it should be noted that, on Facebook, you can instantly remove your thread / post when it's no longer relevant or if it becomes too Spammy.

Presumably you can also chat up COMC on other discussion boards across the internet, provided you conform to their local rules.

I've seen people have there COMC ID in the side under their BO ID- how do you do that?

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/p...do=editprofile

I sent in 30 cards to start after careful research into what was on the site and how much things were selling for. The majority of the ones I sent in are not in stock at all on the site or have 1 or 2 others with high prices. Is this a good way to go?

It's an excellent start. Personally, I'd rather focus on the actual price. If you'd be happy with the lowest price listed, and especially if you'd be happy with 1/2 of the lowest price listed, go ahead and send in the card.

In my experience, cards where there are lots in stock often sell very well. It's just that they will sell for the lowest price listed, or people will make an offer, possibly as low as 1/2 the lowest price listed. So they'll sell for a deep discount to guide, but they will sell. This is especially true if the card is a rookie card of a star player, which many of these are. Some collectors buy multiples of rookie cards when they can get them cheap enough.

One drawback of having a card in stock which others also have in stock is that they might undercut your price after you've undercut theirs. If yours is the only one in stock, you have more pricing power.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #635 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Just added my COMC ID to my profile and was pleasantly surprised that my shipment of 30 cards was ready for pricing this morning on the COMC site. So I'm now ready to go. Again, thanks for the into and tips.

Scott
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #636 (permalink)

QUESTION FOR COMC:

I really enjoy the Daily Summary email as an alternative to getting hundreds of individual emails from COMC every time someone makes an offer or whatnot.

However, at present, I am still receiving all the other emails as well.

Is there any way to opt out of certain emails coming from COMC? THANKS!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #637 (permalink)

Default Japanese checklists in COMC?

How goes the process of adding user submitted checklists to the COMC inventory system? I'm still sitting on a couple stacks of Japanese cards that I want to submit, but don't want to run the risk of them being returned.

Also, is there anyway to tell whether a set exists in the system if there are currently no cards in inventory?
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #638 (permalink)

is there anyway to tell whether a set exists in the system if there are currently no cards in inventory?

I'd go to Beckett dot com and search for it. Even if you're not a member, it should tell you if there is pricing for the card or not. If you are a member and logged in, then you'll see the price. If you're not a member or not logged in, then it will have a link to "buy pricing".
Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #639 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
is there anyway to tell whether a set exists in the system if there are currently no cards in inventory?

I'd go to Beckett dot com and search for it. Even if you're not a member, it should tell you if there is pricing for the card or not. If you are a member and logged in, then you'll see the price. If you're not a member or not logged in, then it will have a link to "buy pricing".
That only works with sets in Beckett's system and Beckett gave up on including a great many non-mainstream sets after about 2004. Now that COMC is accepting properly formatted checklist submissions, I'd love to know if there's way to tell whether or not the checklist has been added to the system before I send any cards from that set.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #640 (permalink)

edit.........

Last edited by JustinVerlander07; 07-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #641 (permalink)

Default Missing Card

I've sent several inquires on this problem but have not received a reply

I sent in a shipment of cards which I posted prices on 7/16/10.

There is at least one card which was missing from my cards that i know i sent in.

The card is a 2007 UD masterpieces Derek Jeter 5x7 card

The card was off center on the back.

Can anyone help me with this?

mkcorey
mkcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #642 (permalink)

The only solution I can think of is the card was deemed as not acceptable to there website for one reason or another and it is on its way back to you. did you pay the fee for a oversized card?

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #643 (permalink)

Any word on any upcoming processing specials? I'm pretty new to the site, but took full advantage of the 2010 Baseball and Topps Vintage promos this Spring/Summer....I kind of been holding back on shipping more cards in hopes a big promo comes along as it would drive me nuts if I shipped 500+ cards a week before a promo started.
Chaddie84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #644 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcorey View Post
I've sent several inquires on this problem but have not received a reply

I sent in a shipment of cards which I posted prices on 7/16/10.

There is at least one card which was missing from my cards that i know i sent in.

The card is a 2007 UD masterpieces Derek Jeter 5x7 card

The card was off center on the back.

Can anyone help me with this?

mkcorey
If it isn't in your inventory, you should've received a notice when your batch was complete that 1 or more cards were being returned to you. They can take at least a month to get any cards back to you that they couldn't identify in Beckett. Once I got that notice and had to beg them to keep the card they were sending back because I'd confirmed it was listed in Beckett and backed it up with screen shots of Beckett's online price guide showing the card.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #645 (permalink)

I didn't get any notification. The card just isn't there. The reason I caught it is because I sent 4 oversized cards with the shipment.
mkcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #646 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
QUESTION FOR COMC:

I really enjoy the Daily Summary email as an alternative to getting hundreds of individual emails from COMC every time someone makes an offer or whatnot.

However, at present, I am still receiving all the other emails as well.

Is there any way to opt out of certain emails coming from COMC? THANKS!
Please forward to staff@checkoutmycards.com one of the offer emails you no longer wish to get and we'll take care of this.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #647 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcorey View Post
I didn't get any notification. The card just isn't there. The reason I caught it is because I sent 4 oversized cards with the shipment.
I checked with the moderator of our staff email account and we haven't received your inquiries. Go ahead and call (1-800-517-3540) or email (darrenf@checkoutmycards.com) me directly and I will look into this.

Darren
Old 07-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #648 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Any word on any upcoming processing specials? I'm pretty new to the site, but took full advantage of the 2010 Baseball and Topps Vintage promos this Spring/Summer....I kind of been holding back on shipping more cards in hopes a big promo comes along as it would drive me nuts if I shipped 500+ cards a week before a promo started.
In conjunction with The National Sports Collectors Convention next month, we will be making several announcements. So stay tuned!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #649 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
In conjunction with The National Sports Collectors Convention next month, we will be making several announcements. So stay tuned!
Great! Thanks for the info .
Chaddie84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #650 (permalink)

I want to make a COMC account because I don't like the idea of listing everything I want to sell on ebay. I just have a few questions(sorry if they have been answered but it's alot of posts to go through)

1. I am looking to send in a large amount of cards from cheap base to inserts to gu autos. From what I see on the site 8 weeks is 15 cents per card(Would be about $40 bucks for me to send everything). Do they ever offer something faster then 8 weeks for 15 cents with bulk shipments. Or even offer 8 weeks for a cheaper price.

2. How would I go about shipping. Would team bags be ok or should I send them in toploaders, and if I do send in toploaders do I use ups to ship?

3. When I cash-out. Is it possible to only cash out a portion(say I make $200, can I take $100 out)

Again, sorry if these questions have been asked it's just alot to read through.
Maccydude is offline   Reply With Quote