Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #651 (permalink)

CONGRATULATIONS!

1) They only do specials once in a while, and usually there's a purpose. I've only been here for about 4 months, and so far they've had two specials. One gave 10 cent processing to 2010 baseball cards (at the start of the season). The other was 15 cents to process pre-1977 Topps cards, but it was 3 week priority instead of 8 week standard.

My sense is they have all the cards they can handle, more or less. They've processed nearly 1 million cards just since I discovered the site in March. I don't think they'd run a special just to run a special. There would be some purpose to it - to beef up on some specific type of card.

If they were to run a general special, it would be on shipping. I've seen a couple of bulk shipping specials that encouraged people to take physical delivery of cards.

2) Team bags would probably be fine if you then put the team bags in a box (especially a card box where the cards are snug. I've found that a 400 count cardboard box will fit nicely in a USPS Flat Rate Envelope, and that three 550 count boxes will fit snugly in a USPS Flat Rate Priority Box. If you're ambitious, you can shove six 550 count boxes in a Large USPS Flat Rate Box.

Don't use toploaders at all, because COMC will charge you an extra 5 cents per card to remove them from toploaders. It's better to use penny sleeves and then ship snugly.

For your first batch, I'd highly recommend sending at least a few cards by priority or even express, even if the bulk of your batch is standard. That way you'll understand the site better and you won't have to wait so long for your first cards to be processed. If you do this, make sure it is absolutely clear which cards are 'standard', which are 'priority' and which are 'express'.

3) You can cash out however much money you want, so long as it's in a multiple of $10 (meaning that the amount that you get would be a multiple of $8).
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #652 (permalink)

mkcorey - I don't know what happened in your case, but it has happened to me that a card will suddenly hit my account out of the blue a few weeks after the rest of the batch has been processed. I'd be inclined to wait it out, though if you're worried about the card, you might give them a call and talk to a human being on the phone.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:28 AM   #653 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccydude View Post
I want to make a COMC account because I don't like the idea of listing everything I want to sell on ebay. I just have a few questions(sorry if they have been answered but it's alot of posts to go through)

1. I am looking to send in a large amount of cards from cheap base to inserts to gu autos. From what I see on the site 8 weeks is 15 cents per card(Would be about $40 bucks for me to send everything). Do they ever offer something faster then 8 weeks for 15 cents with bulk shipments. Or even offer 8 weeks for a cheaper price.

2. How would I go about shipping. Would team bags be ok or should I send them in toploaders, and if I do send in toploaders do I use ups to ship?

3. When I cash-out. Is it possible to only cash out a portion(say I make $200, can I take $100 out)

Again, sorry if these questions have been asked it's just alot to read through.

checkoutmydeals pretty much covered it all. I normally ship either loose cards or the "higher" value ones in sleeves. get them in 250 or so count boxes and pad them to get the cards nice and tight so they don't move during shipping.

Cashing out I have yet to do but COMC has a drop down for you to choose how much you want to take (and it shows how much you will get after their fee)
IE mine shows like this, $20,40,50,60,80,100 and so on. You could probably also call them to get a different amount if you didn't want to use their drop down options.
You can also turn in your money for blowout gift codes. The cash out is at a better percent then directly cashing out to paypal. I have done this a couple of times to buy some stuff from blowout. here is what my dashboard shows for the blowout cash out:
Store Credit % Fee Gift Cert.
$60 16.7% $50
$290 13.8% $250
$1,150 13.0% $1,000
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #654 (permalink)

I had my shipment processed yesterday, but 12 cards were missing. I haven't gotten an email saying my processing is complete or that certain cards were excluded. Is there any chance some of these are still going to get processed?

If they do get rejected, do they list the rejected cards and give you a chance to respond before sending them back? I may have sent a few that aren't in beckett, but I think some of them are already on COMC (or cards from the same set). It seems like this should be good enough.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #655 (permalink)

Will COMC accept the cabinet toppers from Topps Allen and Ginter?
kevinshreves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #656 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Those probably count as oversized/jumbo cards.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #657 (permalink)

I just signed up yesterday and have been reading a good part of this thread and from what it appears, this site is the real deal and people are seeing some great success. Could anyone comment as to their favorite part of the site/system and why it is better than other sites/systems. I am gathering cards together to get my first lot out later this week....
ChristiansCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #658 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristiansCards View Post
I just signed up yesterday and have been reading a good part of this thread and from what it appears, this site is the real deal and people are seeing some great success. Could anyone comment as to their favorite part of the site/system and why it is better than other sites/systems. I am gathering cards together to get my first lot out later this week....
For me, the site is a means of moving all those pesky $5-15 insert/numbered/rookie cards. They used to pile up in a trade bin and collect dust...now I ship them out in hundreds and watch them sell for good money .

My favorite feature is the ability to do bulk editing and pull complete sales and inventory data at any point.
Chaddie84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #659 (permalink)

mrwalken - sometimes they reject cards that aren't in Beckett. Sometimes a few cards will go missing for a while and then suddenly appear in your account. The latter seems to happen to me most frequently when they are processing my next order.

You should have received an email when the cards were processed. That will show how many cards you were charged to process and how many cards are being returned. They won't say specifically which cards are being returned.

It might be possible to call them and find out further details. They're pretty responsive on the phone and seem happy to answer any questions, especially from new dealers.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #660 (permalink)

Thank you checkoutmydeals and cactuspies. I'm gonna get a group of cards together by next week and send them in with different processing times.
Maccydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 AM   #661 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
That only works with sets in Beckett's system and Beckett gave up on including a great many non-mainstream sets after about 2004. Now that COMC is accepting properly formatted checklist submissions, I'd love to know if there's way to tell whether or not the checklist has been added to the system before I send any cards from that set.
As long as it licensed, we'll take it!
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #662 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
As long as it licensed, we'll take it!
... and in this case, if the list has been properly submitted.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #663 (permalink)

Quote:
In conjunction with The National Sports Collectors Convention next month, we will be making several announcements. So stay tuned!
It would be nice to know what the specials will be, especially if there will be any specials for those who cannot make it this year. If the specials are good enough I might have to make the drive anyway.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #664 (permalink)

Quote:
... and in this case, if the list has been properly submitted.
That's what I'd like to see some sort of confirmation or processing status on. Once the list has been submitted, how are we to know if it has been processed into the system if there are no cards in inventory?
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #665 (permalink)

I would like to see a place on the Home page, where it has the top sellers for the day, that way, we can get a sense on who is trying to move lots of stuff by accepting offers.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #666 (permalink)

I'm accepting offers right now, bring it on big boy!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #667 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Yes, we accept those.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #668 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
That's what I'd like to see some sort of confirmation or processing status on. Once the list has been submitted, how are we to know if it has been processed into the system if there are no cards in inventory?
If you have in the past -- or plan to in the future -- emailed a set list directly to MarkBoyer@checkoutmycards.com, he will notify you that it has been received and processed.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #669 (permalink)

Quote:
If you have in the past -- or plan to in the future -- emailed a set list directly to MarkBoyer@checkoutmycards.com, he will notify you that it has been received and processed.
I guess it just takes awhile, then. I don't suppose there's an express or priority option for submitting checklists, yet. I submitted a couple of cards in my last batch, but they're not due to be added until September, so hopefully the checklists will be in by the time the cards get processed.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #670 (permalink)

Question for the guys that work at the site: Just saw your national specials. They look good but I was wondering if you guys are planning on offering any specials to your users that can't make the national? Thanks
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #671 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycardshows.com View Post
Question for the guys that work at the site: Just saw your national specials. They look good but I was wondering if you guys are planning on offering any specials to your users that can't make the national? Thanks
Same here. It feels like the "rich get richer" for the people who can actually afford to take time off and travel to the show. Meanwhile, the average collector looks on at the awesome deals the "big" customers/sellers get to cash in on . I still have roughly 3000 cards I'm holding on to hoping for the right special (I was hoping for a special similar to last year's this time).

Last edited by Chaddie84; 08-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Chaddie84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #672 (permalink)

To COMC people: there's a thread in baseball where the poster explains that two 1/1 cards sent into COMC did not end up in his own account, but ended up in a different COMC account. This person has very convincing evidence.

Sent Cards to COMC And My Two 1/1 White Whales End Up In Another Account!!!!

I'd like to know what COMC has to say about this. If this can happen on COMC, it would change the way I send in cards to COMC, or change the fact that I send in cards at all.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #673 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
To COMC people: there's a thread in baseball where the poster explains that two 1/1 cards sent into COMC did not end up in his own account, but ended up in a different COMC account. This person has very convincing evidence.

Sent Cards to COMC And My Two 1/1 White Whales End Up In Another Account!!!!

I'd like to know what COMC has to say about this. If this can happen on COMC, it would change the way I send in cards to COMC, or change the fact that I send in cards at all.
The OP has been given some good suggestions on what to do here. I even clicked on the something wrong links and left a message there. Mistakes do happen, though this one is kinda big. Most of us have been using COMC for a few years now over a couple of months and have had little issues with thousands of cards sent in, and the issues we did have were taken care of. With more staff there the problems seem to be taken care of quicker and not tossed out in a public forum before any action was taken.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #674 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
The OP has been given some good suggestions on what to do here. I even clicked on the something wrong links and left a message there. Mistakes do happen, though this one is kinda big. Most of us have been using COMC for a few years now over a couple of months and have had little issues with thousands of cards sent in, and the issues we did have were taken care of. With more staff there the problems seem to be taken care of quicker and not tossed out in a public forum before any action was taken.
Thanks for the feedback, that is really good to hear. Being new to COMC and then seeing the original post, it just makes me think twice. I can't help that the OP already posted the information, and I think it's normal to now want some kind of response from COMC about it. Every company has to deal with issues like this.

I love COMC in my limited experience with it, I find it much more relaxing place to sell than Ebay, and so far I'm seeing better sales on COM than I see on Ebay. I've got two more shipments of cards being processed by COMC right now.

Whether this is a small mistake that's easily fixed, or something bigger, I hope COMC takes care of it and posts some results of their findings here. I would hope they'd do that. If not, then the OP probably will.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 08-03-2010 at 10:00 AM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #675 (permalink)
Banned

The only thing i don't like about COMC is that when you're just browsing though cards you'll see a patch card with an awesome patch that is cheap, click on it and realize that it is expensive but there is a crappy version of it for cheap. I wish they would actually use the picture of the card that is that price.
soccerkid5 is offline   Reply With Quote