Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #676 (permalink)

I have a suggestion/question. Would it be possible to add a feature for "upgrading" a submitted batch after it has already begun processing? Say when the batch was originally submitted, it was done at the standard 15/8 week level, but the submitter later wanted to upgrade it to perhaps the 25/4 week level because they just sold a $30 card and suddenly have the store credit available for the faster submission. Would it be possible to pay the difference in processing time and have that batch accelerated? I image it would only be feasible in the first couple of weeks after the initial submission, otherwise paying for 4 week processing in the 5th week would just be silly.

But say, for example, last week I submitted a batch of 223 cards, because that's what my store credit could afford at the time, but then I suddenly have the extra $22.30 to bump all of those up to 4 week processing....

Just an idea.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #677 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
To COMC people: there's a thread in baseball where the poster explains that two 1/1 cards sent into COMC did not end up in his own account, but ended up in a different COMC account. This person has very convincing evidence.

Sent Cards to COMC And My Two 1/1 White Whales End Up In Another Account!!!!

I'd like to know what COMC has to say about this. If this can happen on COMC, it would change the way I send in cards to COMC, or change the fact that I send in cards at all.
I have just heard back from COMC regarding my issue. They apologized a lot for the problem and they said that everything should be fixed by tonight. They would not give me specific details regarding how/why it happened thought. Overall I am still very pleased at the Customer service at COMC and this incident will not deter me from using the site in the future.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #678 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxwin05 View Post
I have just heard back from COMC regarding my issue. They apologized a lot for the problem and they said that everything should be fixed by tonight. They would not give me specific details regarding how/why it happened thought. Overall I am still very pleased at the Customer service at COMC and this incident will not deter me from using the site in the future.
Okay, sounds cool, thanks for posting the follow up. It's good to know they responded quickly.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #679 (permalink)

Not sure if anyone has noticed but you can now search for the hottest selling players in the past year. Great new feature!
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #680 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
Not sure if anyone has noticed but you can now search for the hottest selling players in the past year. Great new feature!
Sweet! You'd never have seen these in any of Beckett's old What's Hot lists:

8 Baseball Bob Uecker
22 Baseball Charlie Manuel
41 Baseball Willie Banks
48 Baseball Glenn Wilson
60 Baseball Butch Hobson
99 Baseball Franklin Stubbs
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #681 (permalink)

It would be a great feature if we could sort by various criteria like number of cards sold or percentage of cards sold or average percent of guide realized. As it is, the "heat index" is confusing at best.

Constantin Popa is #2 for basketball, with 15 cards sold. His best card is like $2 and lots of them are probably 25 cents on COMC, so we could be talking about $4 or $5 worth of cards selling to the player's mother.

Cap Anson, a 19th Century baseball player, is listed as the #18 hottest Basketball player.

Meanwhile, Michael Jordan is #90 with a mere 6,859 cards sold. Kobe Bryant, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, and Shaquille O'Neal don't even make the list. Pete Maravich, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain are nowhere to be found.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #682 (permalink)

On the baseball list, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mantle are nowhere to be found, but Ducky Medwick is? As the proud owner of the most valuable Joe Medwick card on the entire site (a 1961 Fleer for $1.99), I'm glad to hear it. But, really? Ducky Medwick? George Pipgras? Burleigh Grimes? But not Yogi Berra, Pete Rose or Johnny Bench?

The "heat index" seems to be heavily, heavily weighted toward "percentage of cards sold" without regard to other factors.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #683 (permalink)

Anyone cash out recently, I did on Monday and still don't have the funds in my Paypal Account. According to the site the Transaction took place and was executed on Tuesday, but I don't see the money.

I understand the fee, but I wanted the money for a reason.

PS Forget Strasburg... Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC in 2009 and Beyond!

Last edited by DadofTwins; 08-05-2010 at 05:32 PM.
DadofTwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #684 (permalink)

DadofTwins - I've been cashing out frequently lately.

Cash-Outs requested on August 1, 3 and 4 hit my Paypal account in one lump sum on August 5.

Cash-Outs requested July 28 and July 31 hit my Paypal account in one lump sum on July 31.

Cash-Out requested July 26 hit my account July 27.

Cash-Out requested July 19 hit my account July 22.

I think they do the cash-out requests manually. There might be some delay because of the National card show. If you need the money sooner, you should be able to call them, talk to a human being, and they can probably expedite things for you.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #685 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
I just checked it out after your post but don't see the sense of it. What is their definition of hot? What goes into the index number? I need info asto how they come up with the list to properly use it. Good start though.

Scott
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #686 (permalink)

Checkoutmydeals- Thanks for the info- I haven't done it in awhile, but dont remember it taking so long. I did the Request on Monday early afternoon, the site says processed Tuesday at 6am. Its Thursday 5 pm.

PS Forget Strasburg... Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC in 2009 and Beyond!
DadofTwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #687 (permalink)

Met the COMC Team Today at the Nationals and had a great conversation with Tim. Here is a picture of the team.

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #688 (permalink)

I met Steve and Tim at last years national... but who is the gentleman on the right? I don't think he was there last year.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #689 (permalink)

That's Darren. In addition to other duties, he's the guy who does the article writing now. If you go by their booth, please be sure to find me and say hello. I am literally right next to them and would love to put a face to the buyers of some of the 10,000 cards I have sold on COMC. Thanks.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #690 (permalink)

Sorting could be improved a lot.

When you sort by "Highest Price," you consistently get results that don't make sense. For instance, if you sort all cards by highest price, 3 cards selling for under $30 appear in the first three pages. In general, cards are always out of order with this sort.

From within "Manage Inventory," when you sort by "Highest Price," it actually sorts by Highest Book value (with stuff with no book value randomly thrown in towards the end). It would be very helpful to actually be able to sort your inventory by price (much more useful than book value).

"Acquired Log Ago" I guess is a typo in the Manage Inventory sorting list. It doesn't appear to sort accurately by acquisition date so I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #691 (permalink)

1. Any chance we can add a database column for "lowest listed price" to the "CheckOutMyCards Price Editing" tool? I often adjust my prices to be competitive with other listed items. The only other way I've found I can do this is by individiually going item by item and clicking on the link to each card, reading the price, then going back and adjusting my price.

2. This is not a huge deal, but maybe it would be a helpful pricing tool if the database supports it. It would be interesting to see a sale history and rough pricing info for all of a certain card. IE: current price price range, mean sale price, min sold price, max sale price, last sale price. This information would probably be most appropriate for the "Manage My Inventory" section next to each items pricing. This would certainly help in pricing, maybe even create a suggested asking price based on these statistics (probably a somewhat conservative formula to keep pricing stable). A good example is the pricing menu when selling an item through a site such as Half.com (see below). I'm aware that there are varying conditions, special serial numbering, etc, that can affect a card's market value, but this would be a great tool for providing a nice estimate.

Last edited by Chaddie84; 08-09-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #692 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Same here. It feels like the "rich get richer" for the people who can actually afford to take time off and travel to the show. Meanwhile, the average collector looks on at the awesome deals the "big" customers/sellers get to cash in on . I still have roughly 3000 cards I'm holding on to hoping for the right special (I was hoping for a special similar to last year's this time).
Now that we're back from The National, we'll be assessing our workload from those specials and then deciding upon a new special before Black Friday. So we'll be making an announcement at some point in the next three months for sure.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #693 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerkid5 View Post
The only thing i don't like about COMC is that when you're just browsing though cards you'll see a patch card with an awesome patch that is cheap, click on it and realize that it is expensive but there is a crappy version of it for cheap. I wish they would actually use the picture of the card that is that price.
Can you please provide an example of this so we can correct it? Thanks.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:05 AM   #694 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
On the baseball list, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mantle are nowhere to be found, but Ducky Medwick is? As the proud owner of the most valuable Joe Medwick card on the entire site (a 1961 Fleer for $1.99), I'm glad to hear it. But, really? Ducky Medwick? George Pipgras? Burleigh Grimes? But not Yogi Berra, Pete Rose or Johnny Bench?

The "heat index" seems to be heavily, heavily weighted toward "percentage of cards sold" without regard to other factors.
The heat index represents how quickly cards of a certain player move from the consignment stage to the shipping stage. In other words, those that make the list are those that we have the hardest time keeping in the building (percentage-wise among the cards we have of that player).
Old 08-10-2010, 03:09 AM   #695 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofTwins View Post
Checkoutmydeals- Thanks for the info- I haven't done it in awhile, but dont remember it taking so long. I did the Request on Monday early afternoon, the site says processed Tuesday at 6am. Its Thursday 5 pm.
Unfortunately, things have been a little hectic with our general manager out of town for The National. Please contact him directly at JeffMaeda@checkoutmycards.com or call the office and ask for him. He handles cash-out requests.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #696 (permalink)

Default Buying Derek Jeter

Need a few 100 Derek Jeter's at a .25 for a project. If they are currently listed I no longer need them. I check every day for new Jeter's at .25. I dont need checklists. If you want sell some at .25 please drop your price to that and I will buy them
Thanks CB7171
cb7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #697 (permalink)

I met Tim at the National and he asked me if I had any suggestions, etc. This is the one thing I had been thinking about for awhile but totally forgot about. I do the same thing you do when listing, having to click on each card to see what everyone is selling theirs for.

This would be a huge help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
1. Any chance we can add a database column for "lowest listed price" to the "CheckOutMyCards Price Editing" tool? I often adjust my prices to be competitive with other listed items. The only other way I've found I can do this is by individiually going item by item and clicking on the link to each card, reading the price, then going back and adjusting my price.

2. This is not a huge deal, but maybe it would be a helpful pricing tool if the database supports it. It would be interesting to see a sale history and rough pricing info for all of a certain card. IE: current price price range, mean sale price, min sold price, max sale price, last sale price. This information would probably be most appropriate for the "Manage My Inventory" section next to each items pricing. This would certainly help in pricing, maybe even create a suggested asking price based on these statistics (probably a somewhat conservative formula to keep pricing stable). A good example is the pricing menu when selling an item through a site such as Half.com (see below). I'm aware that there are varying conditions, special serial numbering, etc, that can affect a card's market value, but this would be a great tool for providing a nice estimate.

Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #698 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7171 View Post
Need a few 100 Derek Jeter's at a .25 for a project. If they are currently listed I no longer need them. I check every day for new Jeter's at .25. I dont need checklists. If you want sell some at .25 please drop your price to that and I will buy them
Thanks CB7171

This is a tough request.....considering people are paying $.15 to list the card plus postage to get it there, you are asking board members to sell Jeter for a dime or less when you take out their postage....
ChristiansCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #699 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristiansCards View Post
This is a tough request.....considering people are paying $.15 to list the card plus postage to get it there, you are asking board members to sell Jeter for a dime or less when you take out their postage....
Well thanks to the few who moved their cards down to a .25 so far they have been purchased. There are tons of cards on COMC for less than a .25. If you want to move them great and thank you. If you can't or won't no problem I understand.
Thanks!
cb7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #700 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7171 View Post
Well thanks to the few who moved their cards down to a .25 so far they have been purchased. There are tons of cards on COMC for less than a .25. If you want to move them great and thank you. If you can't or won't no problem I understand.
Thanks!

I realize that there are a ton of cards out there that are less than a quarter.... I am just talking about a couple of players that would be a tough sell to meet your price....Jeter, Arod, Pujols, etc....
ChristiansCards is offline   Reply With Quote