Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
Hey Matt, what do you have in non-sport? Are you holding out on me?
I have a ton of Breygent Movie Poster sketch cards, Breygent Marylin Monroe Shaw Family Archive sketch cards as well as some amazing pieces from random products.

Why? Are you looking for something in particular?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #52 (permalink)

In case you haven't seen the latest Blowout Cards newsletter or home page announcement. We are offering $10 of free processing for Blowout Cards users.

Read the full details here

In addition to that we will be offering a special promo for certain classes of cards during the month of September. So far this is what we have lined up for sure.

$0.10 priority service for any of the following
- Any football cards from 1975 or earlier
- Any Topps Chrome football cards

What other cards would you like to see us add to the promo list for this month or a future month.

FYI, you will be able to double-up the promotions and get get $10 worth of the $0.10 priority for free.
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #53 (permalink)

Default Promo Response

Hey Tim,

Great Idea...for the Football promo to kickoff the Football season. How bout adding the Top 5 Fantasy players to the list. You can get an average by visiting a few sites and then takking the top 5 players or how bout players from last years Super bowl teams or perhaps players involved in Monday night football games for the month of September. Just some thoughts for some fun promos. Keep up the great work.
bigchili73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

I loved the last time you ran the priority promo. I think $.10/card for the promo is a good idea and I have a few suggestions:
  • 1950's and 1960's Baseball (keep building this segment with the new sellers)
  • 2009 Football Autos and Game Used
  • Any card with at least a $30 Book Value
  • Super Premium products such as Exquisite

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgetsch View Post
In case you haven't seen the latest Blowout Cards newsletter or home page announcement. We are offering $10 of free processing for Blowout Cards users.

Read the full details here

In addition to that we will be offering a special promo for certain classes of cards during the month of September. So far this is what we have lined up for sure.

$0.10 priority service for any of the following
- Any football cards from 1975 or earlier
- Any Topps Chrome football cards

What other cards would you like to see us add to the promo list for this month or a future month.

FYI, you will be able to double-up the promotions and get get $10 worth of the $0.10 priority for free.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #55 (permalink)

Hey Tim,

I like the promotions you have spoke of thus far. I have thought of a few ideas. Maybe every month or every other month run a special to send in 300 cards get 100 processed free or 200/50 or something like that.

Like my first idea maybe as sellers reachs certain amount of cards sent in they get so many free cards processed free or half price in there next shippment. Example Say I sent in 400 cards on time, then 300, then another300 later to make me reach the 1000 cards processed level. Maybe give a discount or some amount of cards processed for free on your next shipment.

Also this one might be a llittle difficult but run a standard ongoing promotion that allows you to send in any sport's new release within the first month of release and get priority service at .10 a card but the cards must be sorted with only that specific release and no other cards can be mixed in with that batch. This would make it easy on COMC when it comes to listing and give the seller an incentive to send stuff in right away.

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...."
bigmon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #56 (permalink)

I would love to see a 10 Cent Allen and Ginter Month (: I would have a huge order coming in.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CardCache Send a message via Yahoo to CardCache

May I suggest Daequan Cook as one of the players added to the promo list this month? I'm about to send in my personal collection to the site, and have about 100 autos/GU's of his... it would help out greatly!

So yeah, add Daequan!

Quote:
Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 AM   #58 (permalink)

Instead of just Topps Chrome football how about changing it to Chrome so you include Bowman Chrome too.

I'd like to see a basketball promotion for Oct maybe players from last years conference finals teams, rookie cards from the 90s, autographs from the 50 greatest players.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #59 (permalink)

I wish comc would implement a filter system when searching for cards. For example, if I only want to see cards with a bv of $5 of more, 85% off or better, then I simply fill out the filter form. Maybe this could be an advanced search option form that you fill out, with the link right under the regular search box. Also include the option to hide all items that are your own.
pedro45kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #60 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Chucky;311923]Instead of just Topps Chrome football how about changing it to Chrome so you include Bowman Chrome too.

I vote for Chrome FB as well.
ssc8734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #61 (permalink)

I like the idea of free processing on the top 5 fantasy players also...

I would also like to see baseball award winner frontrunners like MVP, CY (Pujols, Teixeira, Jeter, Mauer, Beckett, Lincecum, etc)....if not this month maybe for October.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
The way these were listed in Beckett was very confusing, but we figured it out. They are all being corrected today.

FYI, I don't recommend sending email directly to me. We have a couple people monitoring our staff email address. Stuff frequently gets buried in my inbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Thank you for taking care of the Bowman cards finally. But why did it need to take over a month to get it fixed? And my cards are still not corrected. Again, why should it take over a month to get an error fixed?

Is it possible to not show cards you have marked ready to ship when selecting Only show cards flagged "Not For Sale". There is already an option to show cards that are ready to ship.
My cards have still not been corrected! I am half way to being charged storage fees for the cards

I am also still getting cards that I have not flagged "Not For Sale" showing up under that option.

If you are still looking for ideas for specials I would recommend hockey cards, any and all

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #63 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Tim

Question and/or suggestion for you. Is there any way to at least make an offer valid for a minimum 24 hours before they could be canceled? Not sure how common this is, but it seems almost daily I get offers made and canceled within minutes of someone making them. Most I might consider (some are low ball offers), but just a request.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #64 (permalink)

promotion for chrome baseball would be nice too since it is quite popular at the moment
dooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 AM   #65 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

I think it would be cool if when you could search for "auto" the base cards from the sets with the word autograph wouldnt show up. I dont know exactly how to get around this but I do know everytime I search and I see that Big Country Bryant Reeves signature rookies autobilia for 25 cents Im like and want to buy it then I see its not the actual autographed card and Im like
lol
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #66 (permalink)

Default Suggestions

A couple ideas for future features on the site or bulk editor:

1. be able to seach your inventory for cards that are not the lowest price available. (could be added to pulldown tab from site or bulk editor). This would be my biggest time saver on the site as I like to be competitive in my pricing.

2. top 10 or top 100 sorts of most active cards sold in the past 90 days. can be by individual card, player, or set. this would help determine what to send in.

Also, for the flippers and bulk rate shippers, I lowered many $3 and $4 cards down to 25 cents.

Thanks for the great site Tim!

PS. My shortlist to buy is 1971 topps baseball #648. I'm willing to pay $10 for a non-creased card. Also willing to drop $200 on a Kobe Bryant RC Chrome.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #67 (permalink)

Tim, not trying to take advantage of your generosity, but for the Topps Chrome Football special, would that include uncirculated cards? I know those typically cost more. I am putting together the 2007 Uncirculated Red Refractor set and have a bunch of extras that I would send in.
Thanks again for a great site.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 PM   #68 (permalink)

What about a special promotion for sets that release during the month?
cubfan131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 AM   #69 (permalink)

Sorry I haven't had an opportunity to respond to each of your suggestions, but I think you will be please by the promotions we are running in September. I just published them here.
September Promos CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

I will try to get to your other feedback soon.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 AM   #70 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CardCache Send a message via Yahoo to CardCache

Quote:
Sorry I haven't had an opportunity to respond to each of your suggestions, but I think you will be please by the promotions we are running in September. I just published them here.

No basketball, and no Daequan Cook! Haha, that's ok though, nice promos! I do wish I had waited a few more weeks to send in my 100+ A&G.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCache View Post
No basketball, and no Daequan Cook! Haha, that's ok though, nice promos! I do wish I had waited a few more weeks to send in my 100+ A&G.
Basketball and Hockey will be next month. We will try to announce the specials earlier so that you can plan for them.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:

Tim- the promotions look great. Thanks for hearing our feedback; it sounds like it'll continue to be an exciting partnership.

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #73 (permalink)

Default Storage fees

Hey Tim,

I've emailed your staff (staff@checkoutmycards.com) numerous times and even called in 3 times since March. The problem can't be too difficult to fix as you've fixed it before for another seller(http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...tml#post195269).

Here is the situation, my cards were sent out on October 28th of last year. On your blog (Graded Cards & Lower Processing Fees CheckOutMyCards.com Blog) you state that any cards sent before November 1st, 2008 were exempt from storage fees until Jan. 1st, 2011.
I clearly meet this criteria but I've been charged storage fees on the cards I've sent in on Oct. 28, 2008 since March 1st.

I know you're a busy guy and you're doing great stuff, but I've patiently waited 6 months now. Can you please correct this situation and reverse the fees for the cards sent from that shipment? (There are 6 cards being appropriately charged a storage fee.)
My username is also DFlash on your site.

Thank you!

James
DFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #74 (permalink)

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone for helping me achieve 500 sales!

General Account Info
Items in Inventory 3,008
Total Book Value $10,152.80
Items w/o Book Price 7
Total Asking Price $3,796.48
Items w/o Asking Price 0
Items Not for Sale 0
Items Ready to Ship 0
Total Sales $658.36
Items Sold 500
Items Purchased 1,711
Items Added to the Site 1,992
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #75 (permalink)

dont know if its been asked yet or not, but i would like to see counters on each listing if possible, it would be nice to know what cards are most popular...
Casebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote