Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #751 (permalink)

Well, it's a nice promo, but it makes me really regret mailing them 4000 cards in the last 24 hours. If I would have waited a day, it would have saved me about $200 and gotten the cards listed 3 weeks faster.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Well, it's a nice promo, but it makes me really regret mailing them 4000 cards in the last 24 hours. If I would have waited a day, it would have saved me about $200 and gotten the cards listed 3 weeks faster.
I'm glad I didnt get around to shipping. I've got about 3000 cards that I was planning on shipping but got busy.
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
I'm glad I didnt get around to shipping. I've got about 3000 cards that I was planning on shipping but got busy.
Ditto. I actually had around 2K baseball and football all packaged up and was about to make a label when I saw the promo....now I have to repackage and group by set, but it's worth the savings. I'm busting a case of Donruss Sports Legends on Friday and probably will send nearly everything from that break in also. You can't beat the price .
Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #754 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Im with you Dan...yesterday I just shipped in 1500 and would of loved to have known about the promo!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #755 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Guys I'm not one to generally bash you..but I'm guessing my order "slipped" through the cracks given your most recent posts? I still give you credit as all the cards arrived safe and sound...but per Tim's blog

Why I love how we ship cards CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

Posted Aug. 31

"We have made one nice upgrade in the past couple months. Now all cards that are purchased for $20 or more will be guaranteed to ship in toploaders"

My box shipped out Aug 30...Entire order total was over 700 bucks (300 cards). Multiple high end cards (Ryan 3cl Patch, Kaline Quad Relic /10, couple Barry relics and other stuff for my shows (Magglio 1/1)...not to mention all my Boggs and Stantons...not one card was sleeved.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #756 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Guys I'm not one to generally bash you..but I'm guessing my order "slipped" through the cracks given your most recent posts? I still give you credit as all the cards arrived safe and sound...but per Tim's blog

Why I love how we ship cards CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

Posted Aug. 31

"We have made one nice upgrade in the past couple months. Now all cards that are purchased for $20 or more will be guaranteed to ship in toploaders"

My box shipped out Aug 30...Entire order total was over 700 bucks (300 cards). Multiple high end cards (Ryan 3cl Patch, Kaline Quad Relic /10, couple Barry relics and other stuff for my shows (Magglio 1/1)...not to mention all my Boggs and Stantons...not one card was sleeved.
Hi,

That was part of our bulk order, so I'm wondering if you mean not one of the $20-purchase price cards was in a toploader or if you actually mean 'not one card was sleeved'. We'll look into it either way.

Thanks,
Darren
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #757 (permalink)

So how long does the current promo last? Looks like the flat rate fee on top of regular processing fees on incoming cards is waived?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #758 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
Hi,

That was part of our bulk order, so I'm wondering if you mean not one of the $20-purchase price cards was in a toploader or if you actually mean 'not one card was sleeved'. We'll look into it either way.

Thanks,
Darren
What should be expected on the higher-end cards ($20+ SV) with bulk shipping? If I want cards guaranteed in toploaders, I assume this is exclusive to the non-bulk shipping. I've done both methods. My normal shipping processed cards came mostly in top-loaders, but when I did bulk shipping, even a $50+ SV card came without a penny sleeve.

-Chad
Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #759 (permalink)

Isnt there a way of bulk listing? Any help would be appreciated.
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #760 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
So how long does the current promo last? Looks like the flat rate fee on top of regular processing fees on incoming cards is waived?
The promo runs through Oct. 15. Yes, batch fees are waived in specials like this.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #761 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
What should be expected on the higher-end cards ($20+ SV) with bulk shipping? If I want cards guaranteed in toploaders, I assume this is exclusive to the non-bulk shipping. I've done both methods. My normal shipping processed cards came mostly in top-loaders, but when I did bulk shipping, even a $50+ SV card came without a penny sleeve.

-Chad
To answer both iluvfish2 and Chaddie84, this was a neglect on our part and we apologize. In the future with BULK orders, cards with a purchase price of $10 or more will be in soft sleeves and cards purchased at $20 or more will be in top loaders. Again, we're sorry for this.

Darren

Last edited by dwc07; 09-03-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: correction
Old 09-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #762 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
To answer both iluvfish2 and Chaddie84, this was a neglect on our part and we apologize. In the future with BULK orders, cards with a purchase price of $10 or more will be in soft sleeves and cards purchased at $20 or more will be in top loaders. Again, we're sorry for this.

Darren
So are you receiving a lot of submissions that come with no sleeves or top loaders at all? I used to notice you could actually see the sleeves on all the cards I saw in the scans on COMC, but now it looks like the scans are a bit tighter on the actual card itself, without as much whitespace. I guess I just assumed everyone would only submit cards in at LEAST a penny sleeve, but I guess that must not be the case.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #763 (permalink)

I tend to submit my cards raw. Typically fill up something like 6 600 count boxes and put them into a flat rate box for shipping. Lately, I have been using blaster boxes instead of 600 counts. Have to go back to the 600 counts thanks to the current promo.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #764 (permalink)

I am having trouble using the current promo for the following reasons:

1. I have at least 100 boxes for cards, but I don't have a single one that measures 10 inches in length. Is this a common box length?

2. The boxes I do have are 11 or 12 inches in length. With those, I cannot fit 550 of the types of cards I wanted to send in with this promo (I was thinking more premium base stuff, but I cannot fit it). I wont even be close to 550 if I ever actually find a box that is 10 inches long.

What are people successfully using this promo for? I guess non-premium base/inserts/parallels?

I wish they had just based the promo off the number of cards instead of this weird rubric based on box dimensions.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #765 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I am having trouble using the current promo for the following reasons:

1. I have at least 100 boxes for cards, but I don't have a single one that measures 10 inches in length. Is this a common box length?

2. The boxes I do have are 11 or 12 inches in length. With those, I cannot fit 550 of the types of cards I wanted to send in with this promo (I was thinking more premium base stuff, but I cannot fit it). I wont even be close to 550 if I ever actually find a box that is 10 inches long.

What are people successfully using this promo for? I guess non-premium base/inserts/parallels?

I wish they had just based the promo off the number of cards instead of this weird rubric based on box dimensions.
They are just called 550 ct boxes, 90% of the time they don't fit that many cards.

550 Count Cardboard Storage Box - 50ct Bundle - $21.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #766 (permalink)

Thanks. Do you think it would be ok to wedge some cards along the side and top to try to get closer to 550? I don't see a rule about that.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #767 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks. Do you think it would be ok to wedge some cards along the side and top to try to get closer to 550? I don't see a rule about that.
I am also curious about this. I could load up another 50-100 cards in each box...worth doing if possible.

-Chad
Old 09-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #768 (permalink)

My thoughts on the "wedgies" are this....with condition being so important, would you want to purchase cards that are "wedged" into boxes?? I am honestly surprised to hear that people are submitting cards without penny sleeves. Other than this current special, it has always been about quantity and a price per card....not about weight or box size.... I am not as interested in buying cards from known sellers that do not sleeve their cards as I would assume they do not take as good care of their cards as I am looking for.... This just my opinion, not looking to start a war or anything.... I am more concerned about the quality and condition of the cards and not saving a few pennies on the cards...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #769 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristiansCards View Post
My thoughts on the "wedgies" are this....with condition being so important, would you want to purchase cards that are "wedged" into boxes?? I am honestly surprised to hear that people are submitting cards without penny sleeves. Other than this current special, it has always been about quantity and a price per card....not about weight or box size.... I am not as interested in buying cards from known sellers that do not sleeve their cards as I would assume they do not take as good care of their cards as I am looking for.... This just my opinion, not looking to start a war or anything.... I am more concerned about the quality and condition of the cards and not saving a few pennies on the cards...
Adding Your Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com

How are you surprised? Read the first bullet-point under "Packaging Instructions"...if you want to buy only cards which have been sleeved since being pulled from packs, you may want to shop elsewhere.

In most cases cards are bulk-shipped by COMC themselves without penny sleeves. Heck, I bought a $80 BV / $60 SV card from the site a few months back and it came RAW when it was included in my bulk shipment.

If I'm paying $50 to fill a box with as many cards as possible cards to be uploaded to the site, I will do so as safely as possible while maximizing the number of cards which can be fit into the box. This means no penny sleeves, tightly packed. IMO, higher BV cards should be sleeved, which is why I'm using the promo to dump star base cards and lower end inserts only. Excluding this promo, basically everything I ship comes in a penny sleeve.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #770 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up on the outline..... I can see your point now and may change my policy on what, or at least how, I send cards in.... Have a great day!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #771 (permalink)

Has anyone had any luck with the non-sports stuff especially wrestling on COMC?
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #772 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
So are you receiving a lot of submissions that come with no sleeves or top loaders at all? I used to notice you could actually see the sleeves on all the cards I saw in the scans on COMC, but now it looks like the scans are a bit tighter on the actual card itself, without as much whitespace. I guess I just assumed everyone would only submit cards in at LEAST a penny sleeve, but I guess that must not be the case.
We don't require sleeved cards to be submitted for processing. Also, we charge 5 cents per card if it's in a top loader.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #773 (permalink)

Quote:
This might be risky for the condition of the cards. The box can't be deformed and it must be easy to open and close without damaging the cards.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #774 (permalink)

I really wish you could see the top 25 or 50 players that are selling like they show the sets. This would really be nice. It would help determine If I should send it my old PC players that I have 3,000 cards of. If they don't sell and nobody likes them because they are not IN, then I waste money putting them all up. Right now I just stick to variety....because I don't have much of the latest players/rookies and am afraid of throwing away 50-100 bux to list these guys.

If I knew at least they weren't in the top 50 players from the past year then I would not send in as many of that player.

Players in question is Alonzo Mourning and Mark Mcgwire. Should I just hold onto these guys that I have 3,000 cards of? Does anyone give an "S" about these players that they would even have 1 buyer?

Thanks for the help as this is a frustrating thing nightly when I pack boxes together for sending in the future.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #775 (permalink)

Default Accepting offers for first weekend of Football

I will accept all offers automatically of 75% of what the card is listed for. I will also consider offers up to 50%. If you offer 75% you own the card guaranteed!!
This is an opening weekend of Football special and will end Sunday night!
Thnaks for looking! My COMC ID is cb7171!
cb7171 is offline   Reply With Quote