Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #801 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
Just noticed that both the original owner and the current owner are now being listed. This lets everybody know that a card is being flipped. I don't know how I feel about this, but it's definitely going to be a huge detriment to flippers.
I saw this as well, and while I dont flip a lot, I do some, and not sure why someone needs to know if its been bought for resale or not. I had no issues with looking and seeing a card was once mine (as I presume i was the only one that saw that).
Old 09-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #802 (permalink)

Yikes, I do not like this one bit. This information should remain confidential. I do not see how this information can do anything but hurt sales and/or the amount that each cards sells for. Please reconsider including this information, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
Just noticed that both the original owner and the current owner are now being listed. This lets everybody know that a card is being flipped. I don't know how I feel about this, but it's definitely going to be a huge detriment to flippers.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #803 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Yikes, I do not like this one bit. This information should remain confidential. I do not see how this information can do anything but hurt sales and/or the amount that each cards sells for. Please reconsider including this information, Please!
Agreed. It's one thing for someone to buy a card and raise the price to a ridiculous amount, but every once in awhile you find a true "deal", why shouldn't you be able to profit from it?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #804 (permalink)

These are the types of horrible business decisions that have the potential to truly damage the site. I can't imagine any seller being in favor of this, whether they flip cards or not. I've got to think you either HATE this decision or you're neutral toward it.

This is a case of just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. COMC having this info does not mean the public needs to see it. This almost completely goes against every justification they've made for not showing past sales data... a decision I agree with.

Hopefully this is just some kind of beta test that will be going away soon. This kind of decision makes me seriously question the judgment of the decision makers of the site and makes me fearful about what other laughably bad decision making might take place. It seems like they've got people working there that have amazing technology skills, and also people that really know the hobby, but their business training seems like its severely lacking.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike

Last edited by ohiomike; 09-27-2010 at 01:32 PM.
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #805 (permalink)

This is an awful new feature. I really hate that people can see who I've bought my cards from. Also, it puts me off buying cards from flippers.

I don't need or want to know who owned the cards previously. It looks cluttered and it serves no purpose.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #806 (permalink)

As a follow up on my Japanese checklist submissions, I'm not sure whether they were actually added or not. My most recently completed submission contained a couple of cards from the 2000 Epoch Pro-Baseball Stickers set, as well as the 2000 Future Bee Power League UL set. However, from the way the Power League cards were listed, I'm thinking the checklist didn't get added to the database, and someone in the identification group just created a new entry based on what they thought the set might be called from the markings on the cards. The highlight, though, was just that I submitted 216 cards, including a smattering of Japanese stuff, and not one card was tagged for return!

In either case, since two of the Epoch stickers sold so quickly, I've fired off another express submission including several more of them.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #807 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I've got to think you either HATE this decision or you're neutral toward it..
Hate it. . .

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #808 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
This is an awful new feature. I really hate that people can see who I've bought my cards from. Also, it puts me off buying cards from flippers.

I don't need or want to know who owned the cards previously. It looks cluttered and it serves no purpose.
It will put a lot of people off from buying from flippers, it will deter flippers from buying other peoples cards. Fewer sales all around. Why any business whose model is to sell something would enact an unnecessary feature that deters people from buying is beyond me.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #809 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

not sure if you guys have checked lately, but I didnt see this when I was doing my daily round of searching on COMC
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #810 (permalink)

LOL, gotta love passionate customers. Thank you for your feedback regarding the "original owner" feature. It is already gone. I don't think it lasted even 12 hours on the site.

I am not only the founder and lead developer for COMC, I am actually a huge buyer, seller, and flipper on the site. I avoid using any information that is not publicly available on the website. This information didn't affect my spending habits on the site, and I figured original owners might like the extra publicity, so I gave the feature a try. The feature was originally inspired by some comments made by one of our largest customers. No biggy, you guys don't want it. So it is gone.
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #811 (permalink)

Default COMC 'original owner/current owner' feature is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
not sure if you guys have checked lately, but I didnt see this when I was doing my daily round of searching on COMC
We've removed this. Thanks for the input.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #812 (permalink)

Adding "Purchase Prise" to My Sales and the downloadable Sales History makes analyzing results much easier. Good job on that improvement!

This would be a good opportunity to mention that it would be great to see all cards in my history in one file. Analyzing cards successfully flipped is great, but I also need to know these things to see the full picture:

-cards purchased but not yet sold
-cards purchased and shipped
-cards added to the site but not yet sold

I understand that there is a purchase history as well, but I have to go through substantial effort each time I download a file to look at the complete picture. Perhaps this can be summarized in one downloadable spreadsheet.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 AM   #813 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgetsch View Post
LOL, gotta love passionate customers. Thank you for your feedback regarding the "original owner" feature. It is already gone. I don't think it lasted even 12 hours on the site.

I am not only the founder and lead developer for COMC, I am actually a huge buyer, seller, and flipper on the site. I avoid using any information that is not publicly available on the website. This information didn't affect my spending habits on the site, and I figured original owners might like the extra publicity, so I gave the feature a try. The feature was originally inspired by some comments made by one of our largest customers. No biggy, you guys don't want it. So it is gone.
What I love about COMC is that you listen to your users. The simplicity of the site is what people love about it. It's so user-friendly. Keep it that way!

...and keep up the great work.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #814 (permalink)

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a cut off for the end of month bulk shipping?

Is it midnight or like 5 or 6 PM PST, any idea?

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #815 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a cut off for the end of month bulk shipping?

Is it midnight or like 5 or 6 PM PST, any idea?
Midnight PST, or 3am EST.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #816 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Midnight PST, or 3am EST.
cool, hopefully people respond to the like 20 offers I have out there

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM   #817 (permalink)

Still no update on my missing cards. You guys seemed sooooo concerned at first, and then nothing.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #818 (permalink)

Has anyone else notice an error on cards that posted last night. I had about 125 cards go up last night and about 1/2 of them are showing the following error message when you click on the card # to view the card. With a big Page not found in the top left corner and the COMC Logo on the page all other sites I have gone too are working fine. "The specified page could not be found. Please verify that the URL is correct." Also I priced a bunch of stuff last night including Heyward, Strasbur, and Posey Rookies that are still not showing up in my inventory, in my or the sites recently added. Sounds like a system glitch but w/noone on site today how does this get fixed.
bigchili73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #819 (permalink)

That happens quite a bit. Nothing to worry about. From what I can tell, it means that that particular card has never appeared in their database before yours. Assuredly, yours will be the only one on the site, so go ahead and price it for whatever you want for it. As soon as you price it, it will be in the system and others can find it.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #820 (permalink)

I can understand if it is the only card on the site. However I priced a bunch of the cards around midnite PST last night and they are still not showing up in my inventory. I think there is a system error. I just added 2010 A&G mini Griffey abd it is showing up on the sites recently added but not in mine and it is not showing in my inventory. They need to have someone on site to deal with these issues on weekends.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #821 (permalink)

I think a really cool feature would be a hits counter at the bottom of each page when you're looking at a particular card, i.e. similar to the hits counter on eBay auctions.

I'd love to know how many people are viewing my cards. That way, I can adjust my price accordingly.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #822 (permalink)

Default Missing cards also

Hey Big Chill I have the same issue as you. I priced my cards and they disappeared. Weird stuff. Have you heard anything from COMC yet?
cb7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #823 (permalink)

I spoke to Steve the COO at a local card show today and he told me to give the office a call. Unfortunately no one ever answered the phone so now I have to wait til Monday to get the issue addressed. I am just angry because some of my stuff went fine in this lot other stuff shows up but when I click on the card # it gives me the error message. A lot of what is going up for me this round are Buster Posey, Jason Heyward and Strasburg rookies and I was hoping to take advantage of the pub this weekend from their games.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #824 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Might be a silly question of me, but people have spoken about the "bulk pricing tool." Where is that? All I can find is the standard inventory manager.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:57 AM   #825 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Might be a silly question of me, but people have spoken about the "bulk pricing tool." Where is that? All I can find is the standard inventory manager.
Bulk Price Editing (Beta) CheckOutMyCards.com Blog
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote