Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #826 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
Still no update on my missing cards. You guys seemed sooooo concerned at first, and then nothing.
We are looking into this, and apologize for the delay.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #827 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
Cool, thanks!

I installed it and am having issues. When I hit the log in button, I get a syntax error. Click yes and it opens the log-in page. Instead of logging me in to the program, it goes to the main site in the pop-up window. Any idea if I am doing something wrong here?
Old 10-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #828 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Cool, thanks!

I installed it and am having issues. When I hit the log in button, I get a syntax error. Click yes and it opens the log-in page. Instead of logging me in to the program, it goes to the main site in the pop-up window. Any idea if I am doing something wrong here?
It is not working, you are doing nothing wrong. It cannot be used on the first of the month, maybe it is still disabled.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #829 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

I bought a card last night and relisted and its not showing up in searches for some reason.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #830 (permalink)

yeah - really frustrating. I have 9000 cards that just posted and I can't price them yet because the Bulk Editor is down. Wanting to take the top spot as a Hot Consignor!

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #831 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
yeah - really frustrating. I have 9000 cards that just posted and I can't price them yet because the Bulk Editor is down. Wanting to take the top spot as a Hot Consignor!
I want to see you take that spot, plus I want to see some new cards

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #832 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

No...let them sit..I still need some sales so I've got some $$ to buy when they come ready.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #833 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
No...let them sit..I still need some sales so I've got some $$ to buy when they come ready.
Robert, previously he said we would fight over the Tigers cards, I guess I have the upperhand right now. But then again, I spent half of my funds the other night.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #834 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchili73 View Post
Has anyone else notice an error on cards that posted last night. I had about 125 cards go up last night and about 1/2 of them are showing the following error message when you click on the card # to view the card. With a big Page not found in the top left corner and the COMC Logo on the page all other sites I have gone too are working fine. "The specified page could not be found. Please verify that the URL is correct." Also I priced a bunch of stuff last night including Heyward, Strasbur, and Posey Rookies that are still not showing up in my inventory, in my or the sites recently added. Sounds like a system glitch but w/noone on site today how does this get fixed.
Hi,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. The issue has been resolved. More details are available here: Website glitch yesterday CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

COMC staff
Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #835 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7171 View Post
Hey Big Chill I have the same issue as you. I priced my cards and they disappeared. Weird stuff. Have you heard anything from COMC yet?
It should be working for you now: Website glitch yesterday CheckOutMyCards.com Blog
Old 10-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #836 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
I bought a card last night and relisted and its not showing up in searches for some reason.
Which card? Let us know and we'll look into it.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #837 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Looks like the issue was fixed as everything is showing up now, thanks!
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #838 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
Looks like the issue was fixed as everything is showing up now, thanks!
Great to hear!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #839 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmensan View Post
Adding "Purchase Prise" to My Sales and the downloadable Sales History makes analyzing results much easier. Good job on that improvement!

This would be a good opportunity to mention that it would be great to see all cards in my history in one file. Analyzing cards successfully flipped is great, but I also need to know these things to see the full picture:

-cards purchased but not yet sold
-cards purchased and shipped
-cards added to the site but not yet sold

I understand that there is a purchase history as well, but I have to go through substantial effort each time I download a file to look at the complete picture. Perhaps this can be summarized in one downloadable spreadsheet.
Agree... would be GREAT to be able to download all cards in inventory, with purchase price and date (for purchased cards), date added (for cards added to site), current pricing and all other data flags. Hope this is a feature that can be added.

In any case, great work COMC!
JimsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #840 (permalink)

For the veteran sellers on COMC......

I have a few dozen higher end, mostly hockey and baseball cards. Most are autos/jersey cards, with book values around $100 and above.

Curious as to what your thoughts are in regards to submitting these to COMC vs selling on ebay. They are better players like Gretzky, Roy, etc.

Not concerned about the 20% cashout fee so we can take that out of the equation. Just curious as to your recommendations.

Thanks
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #841 (permalink)

Unless the inserts are from a hot new set (where Ebay is your best bet for the maximum price while the card/set is hot) I would recommend COMC because these cards generate a lot of interest (people trading up) and typically sell for higher than Ebay (no full book grandure) price if you have patience. If you look on COMC you will not see a lot of the type of cards that you are contemplating because they seem to move very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsports View Post
For the veteran sellers on COMC......

I have a few dozen higher end, mostly hockey and baseball cards. Most are autos/jersey cards, with book values around $100 and above.

Curious as to what your thoughts are in regards to submitting these to COMC vs selling on ebay. They are better players like Gretzky, Roy, etc.

Not concerned about the 20% cashout fee so we can take that out of the equation. Just curious as to your recommendations.

Thanks
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 AM   #842 (permalink)

Agree with Jetson. This site has evolved even during the short time that I have been on there. A lot of people send in their cheaper cards and will use the money to buy higher end stuff instead of paying the cashout. Sometimes you can get around 10% more than ebay and the buyer is still better off because he avoided a 20% cashout.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #843 (permalink)

Change "For Sale" status from YES to NO for all cards in inventory, using the bulk pricing editor?

I'd like to sell my port, but it's Saturday, and I'd like to change all cards in my port to "Not for Sale" before Monday. I really don't want to go through 681 individual cards and marking them as Not for Sale. (and clicking the associate confirmation OK)

I tried using the bulk editor and it just doesn't seem to do that. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #844 (permalink)

You could always just use the Bulk editor and set all your cards to 100 or even 200% of BV. Unlikely anything will sell.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #845 (permalink)

Has anyone had issues with no pictures showing up? i have about 15 cards that have no image . they went up today.
ernieren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #846 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieren View Post
Has anyone had issues with no pictures showing up? i have about 15 cards that have no image . they went up today.
I have been noticing that too
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #847 (permalink)

One option I would like to have is the ability to counter an offer, and then if my counter gets rejected, to go back and offer to take the buyer's original offer price. I feel handicapped by my inability to communicate with a buyer if my counter offer gets rejected. In real life negotiations, you can make a counter offer and if it gets reject, you can still accept the person's original offer.

I'm not saying the buyer's offer should stay open after it gets countered. But it would be nice as a seller to have the option to let buyers you that you would now accept an offer they made in the past.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #848 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
One option I would like to have is the ability to counter an offer, and then if my counter gets rejected, to go back and offer to take the buyer's original offer price. I feel handicapped by my inability to communicate with a buyer if my counter offer gets rejected. In real life negotiations, you can make a counter offer and if it gets reject, you can still accept the person's original offer.

I'm not saying the buyer's offer should stay open after it gets countered. But it would be nice as a seller to have the option to let buyers you that you would now accept an offer they made in the past.
why would you reject/counter the original if you were just going to accept it anyway? they can always make the offer over and over again if they really want what you have and think you can/will go lower. Normally your counter would be the least you are going to accept, so the buyer will reject it if they still feel it is still too high. The offer/counter can go on forever if no one accepts or rejects.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #849 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
why would you reject/counter the original if you were just going to accept it anyway? they can always make the offer over and over again if they really want what you have and think you can/will go lower. Normally your counter would be the least you are going to accept, so the buyer will reject it if they still feel it is still too high. The offer/counter can go on forever if no one accepts or rejects.
If somebody offers me 50% for a card, I will typically counter offer 75% or so. That doesn't mean 75% is my bottom line, I have just found that more often than not, the buyer will accept 75%.

If the buyer does not accept 75%, my experience has been that they will very rarely re-offer 50%. Sellers are at a disadvantage because buyers can always make another offer, but we cannot.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #850 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

whats the usual turn around time for email to COMC Customer service?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote