Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #851 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
whats the usual turn around time for email to COMC Customer service?
I'm wondering the same, I sent an email last week and nothing. Sent another yesterday and nothing yet.
bjtheman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #852 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

yah same here. my next email is to the man TimG himself.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #853 (permalink)

It used to be that if you corrected a card on the site, you got a thank you email. And then if you replied to that thank you email asking about whatever issue you had, you would get a response back. It doesn't seem possible to get those thank you emails now though.

I've been waiting for over 3 months now to get some cards back that could not be processed because they apparently weren't licensed. So, I'm gonna have to figure out some way to reach them.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #854 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
It used to be that if you corrected a card on the site, you got a thank you email. And then if you replied to that thank you email asking about whatever issue you had, you would get a response back. It doesn't seem possible to get those thank you emails now though.

I've been waiting for over 3 months now to get some cards back that could not be processed because they apparently weren't licensed. So, I'm gonna have to figure out some way to reach them.
Have you tried the Contact Us page? You might be able to reach them through here.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 AM   #855 (permalink)

anyone getting site issues right now? none of my pictures are showing up from using the forum links and the site keeps going in and out w/errors...
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #856 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
anyone getting site issues right now? none of my pictures are showing up from using the forum links and the site keeps going in and out w/errors...
Yea, I was updating prices and I always sort my inventory by "recently modified" and start on the last page, so I update the oldest card. Anyway, every 5th card I updated, the error page would pop up. I tried it for a few minutes and it got unbearable so I gave up.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #857 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank-you emails are no longer being sent out, due to the fact that these correction requests are now being sent directly to our identification team for prompt resolving. In recent weeks, we've added a feature where you can select exactly what the issue is, as well as leave comments. Hopefully this has been useful!
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #858 (permalink)

Quote:

I sent you a private message regarding this. We'll look into it.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #859 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
This has been fixed. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #860 (permalink)

I had heard on here that beckett was going to write about a big COMC special in this month's issue. Any update on that?
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #861 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Suggestion Regarding Automatic Emails:

I looked and there doesn't appear to be a way to customize what type of automatic emails you receive.

For instance, we get emails every time a sale is made... offers are made/rejected/accepted/countered... daily summary.. price changes... etc.

I personally dont want to get ALL of these emails automatically. it would be nice to have the option to pick and choose which emails i receive so i dont have to set up filters on my end.

a simple checkbox of types of emails i'd like to receive in our account profiles would suffice.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #862 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
Suggestion Regarding Automatic Emails:

I looked and there doesn't appear to be a way to customize what type of automatic emails you receive.

For instance, we get emails every time a sale is made... offers are made/rejected/accepted/countered... daily summary.. price changes... etc.

I personally dont want to get ALL of these emails automatically. it would be nice to have the option to pick and choose which emails i receive so i dont have to set up filters on my end.

a simple checkbox of types of emails i'd like to receive in our account profiles would suffice.
I'll pass this on to Tim for sure. Thanks for the idea.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #863 (permalink)

jetscollector10 - not a site-wide sale or promotion. Just my account liquidation sale. There is a 1/4 page ad in Beckett Football, but not an article. Make sure you see the other thread I started about it to get your prediction in for the contest.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #864 (permalink)

I'm curious if COMC is planning on making the $50 flat rate box special a mainstay in the future. There was talk in one of the blogs that the promo was for testing the service out. I've busted a couple cases and would send in more cards if this is the case.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #865 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
I'm curious if COMC is planning on making the $50 flat rate box special a mainstay in the future. There was talk in one of the blogs that the promo was for testing the service out. I've busted a couple cases and would send in more cards if this is the case.
We are considering it, but it wouldn't be until at least after the holidays.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #866 (permalink)

Are numbered base cards worth sending in? Or are they better to put in lots on Ebay? I'm talking stuff like Triple Threads higher numbered base and parallels and Ultimate and Sterling base.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #867 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Are numbered base cards worth sending in? Or are they better to put in lots on Ebay? I'm talking stuff like Triple Threads higher numbered base and parallels and Ultimate and Sterling base.
I would suggest checking what your cards would sell for by searching their site. I decide whether or not to send something in based on what the current lowest asking prices are...if I'm happy taking around 1/2 of that number (after fees) for my card, I send it in.

Stuff like TT, UC and Sterling numbered base cards are a mixed bag. Just like with most cards, good names do well, but some stuff will just sit.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #868 (permalink)

I haven't sold on the site in over a year. I recently added 1,200 cards. They were split up in 4 batches and apparently 2 cards in one batch are being sent back. How can I find out what cards those are? I don't see any notation in the spreadsheet or dashboard.

Also, is the "My Processing Status" in the Dashboard simply updated last? It updated since my cards were posted but is still showing my last batch as only 90% and an estimated number of cards.

One more question...when pricing is there a way to page through my inventory by item number? Looking at the dashboard I can click the item# and it will bring up the card and show me other for sale prices of the card...is there a way to step through them easier?
Old 11-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #869 (permalink)

I like the watch list feature as a buyer, but as a seller, would it be possible to see which of my cards are on someone else's watch list? I don't want to see anyone else's actual list, I'd just like to know when the cards in my inventory are on someone else's watch list. It would give me some incentive maybe to drop prices a bit if I know someone is looking.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #870 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't sold on the site in over a year. I recently added 1,200 cards. They were split up in 4 batches and apparently 2 cards in one batch are being sent back. How can I find out what cards those are? I don't see any notation in the spreadsheet or dashboard.

Also, is the "My Processing Status" in the Dashboard simply updated last? It updated since my cards were posted but is still showing my last batch as only 90% and an estimated number of cards.

One more question...when pricing is there a way to page through my inventory by item number? Looking at the dashboard I can click the item# and it will bring up the card and show me other for sale prices of the card...is there a way to step through them easier?
We don't provide notations for returned cards, and they get sent out from our shipping department. If you would like to know the exact cards, feel free to PM us.

That batch status has been a bit finicky lately, but it eventually kicks in to a full 100 percent.

There isn't currently a way to scroll through by item ID #, but I'll pass that idea on. We do, however, have 11 options to sort by in the 'Show' drop-down box within 'Manage Inventory'.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #871 (permalink)

Darren,

Why don't some cards have the player link listed on the card page?

I like having the link to easily see other cards of the same player, so I am wondering why some cards don't have this link.

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S.
Here is one example I am wondering on.

2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Clear Path to History Triple Signatures #HMS - Travis Hafner Victor Martinez Jeremy Sowers - CheckOutMyCards.com

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #872 (permalink)

I have another question. I am being flooded with offers on cards. When I have multiple offers for the same card, is there a way to see all of offers for it at once?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #873 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post
Darren,

Why don't some cards have the player link listed on the card page?

I like having the link to easily see other cards of the same player, so I am wondering why some cards don't have this link.

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S.
Here is one example I am wondering on.

2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Clear Path to History Triple Signatures #HMS - Travis Hafner Victor Martinez Jeremy Sowers - CheckOutMyCards.com
Good question. I will ask Tim and get back to you.

UPDATE: This is something that we are looking to improve with an upcoming set of database improvements.

Last edited by dwc07; 11-24-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: follow-up answer
Old 11-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #874 (permalink)

Quote:
I have another question. I am being flooded with offers on cards. When I have multiple offers for the same card, is there a way to see all of offers for it at once?
In 'Offer History'. All of the completed, inactive and active offers should be there.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #875 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
In 'Offer History'. All of the completed, inactive and active offers should be there.
Well, I was thinking of something so that when I look at an offer for a card the system at least gives me some sort of notification that there are other offers pending for it...even just a little note that there are other offers if not direct links to them.