Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #876 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Well, I was thinking of something so that when I look at an offer for a card the system at least gives me some sort of notification that there are other offers pending for it...even just a little note that there are other offers if not direct links to them.
Good idea. I'll pass it on to Tim.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #877 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

God dammit some of you people need to learn to use the cart feature.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #878 (permalink)

Sorry about that, if it's directed to me. I dislike the cart because, if one card out of 50 gets purchased then the whole thing needs to be countered. Plus, a lot of sellers will take an offer on one card but not on another, so I prefer to separate the offers.

However, if you prefer to have one offer for a pile, then I'll keep that in mind in the future. Thanks for the buying opportunity!
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #879 (permalink)

I will say that one nice thing about my current sale is that I don't have to sort through 30 offers every day. It's nice just to set the account to a minimum offer price of 100%.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #880 (permalink)

I'm still unclear on the rules for what cards are being accepted. I was under the impression that there was a shift from only things in beckett to anything that is licensed. But my last batches had at least a dozen cards made by fleer or upper deck that were rejected. Those were clearly licensed. So, are we back to just beckett?
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #881 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I'm still unclear on the rules for what cards are being accepted. I was under the impression that there was a shift from only things in beckett to anything that is licensed. But my last batches had at least a dozen cards made by fleer or upper deck that were rejected. Those were clearly licensed. So, are we back to just beckett?
What is your COMC user name? We'll look into it.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #882 (permalink)

I just cracked the Top 10 Biggest Sellers list! I want to thank everyone who has bought from or sold to me, everyone at COMC for their hard work and professionalism, and everyone who has posted to this thread, which was very helpful to me in the early days.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #883 (permalink)

Question about cashing out store credit through paypal.

Does paypal charge fees on the money that is sent from COMC to your paypal account.

Thanks in advance
Flip_My_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #884 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip_My_Cards View Post
Question about cashing out store credit through paypal.

Does paypal charge fees on the money that is sent from COMC to your paypal account.

Thanks in advance
Just did my first cashout since I've been with them and there were no fees involved for me. There was a post somewhere else about this and the majority had no fee's.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #885 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default COMC Turkey Day Shipping

Just got my package. First one that didnt have the invoice in it (nor did it have the special coupon in it). Anyone else experience this? I use that invoice for my records (buy prices) and not sure I can duplicate it.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #886 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Nevermind..guess I should of opened the boxes!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #887 (permalink)

I'm just pricing some stuff today. What's your take on ddearing's sale? I always try to price my cards competitively (cheaper than anyone else's) when they first upload to the site...I'm running into a significant gap between ddearing and everyone else.

Example:
Card BV $4.00
DDearing's price $0.68
Next highest price $1.25 (numerous cards at this price or higher)

Normally I'd price a card like this for around $0.99. Do I price here and hold out until the sale blows over or price at $0.65 (or less) and help devalue product on the site? Personally, I think the card will sell at $0.99 and pricing at $0.65 makes me competitive for...a day...and then uber-cheap after the 1st of the year.

Anyone else have a take on this?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #888 (permalink)

In this example I would hold tight on your .99 asking price as you get three free months of listing the price abover a quarter. There is no need to match DDearings pricing on a sale that will be over in a couple of weeks with everything purchased and/or flipped. I hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
I'm just pricing some stuff today. What's your take on ddearing's sale? I always try to price my cards competitively (cheaper than anyone else's) when they first upload to the site...I'm running into a significant gap between ddearing and everyone else.

Example:
Card BV $4.00
DDearing's price $0.68
Next highest price $1.25 (numerous cards at this price or higher)

Normally I'd price a card like this for around $0.99. Do I price here and hold out until the sale blows over or price at $0.65 (or less) and help devalue product on the site? Personally, I think the card will sell at $0.99 and pricing at $0.65 makes me competitive for...a day...and then uber-cheap after the 1st of the year.

Anyone else have a take on this?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #889 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Just got my package. First one that didnt have the invoice in it (nor did it have the special coupon in it). Anyone else experience this? I use that invoice for my records (buy prices) and not sure I can duplicate it.
I did not receive the promised coupon either. I had 550 cards shipped, so well more than the 20 card requirement.

On a positive note, the cards were received before their self imposed shipping deadline for the special, and I only had 1 error in the batch of cards that was sent, which is much lower than their normal rate of errors in a batch this size.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #890 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I did not receive the promised coupon either. I had 550 cards shipped, so well more than the 20 card requirement.

On a positive note, the cards were received before their self imposed shipping deadline for the special, and I only had 1 error in the batch of cards that was sent, which is much lower than their normal rate of errors in a batch this size.
We'll send one out today! Our apologies for the oversight.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #891 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
We'll send one out today! Our apologies for the oversight.
I appreciate it. I wasn't really going to sweat it. Having the cards a week earlier than I expected to is worth more to me than the $10 coupon... but I certainly wouldn't complain about receiving the coupon too.

I was impressed with the speed and packaging of this order. You guys did a good job with things! Especially so when I think of the volume of orders you had to ship out at the same time with this promotion.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #892 (permalink)

My $10 coupon made it safe and sound this morning with the 4 different Black Friday shipments totalling 1,100 or so cards. Very nice work COMC!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #893 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
My $10 coupon made it safe and sound this morning with the 4 different Black Friday shipments totalling 1,100 or so cards. Very nice work COMC!
Glad to hear it!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #894 (permalink)

Chaddie - if you feel good about the .99 price, what you should do is buy the ones from ddearing and price them, along with yours at .99!

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #895 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Chaddie - if you feel good about the .99 price, what you should do is buy the ones from ddearing and price them, along with yours at .99!
Haha. I actually did that on a couple . I got my eye on a few more, but I'm holding for now.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #896 (permalink)

Is the "Make Offer" button broken? I can add cards to my cart, but everytime I click the make offer button I get the 'Website Error' "A website error occurred. We're sorry for the inconvenience. The error has been logged and we will be working on a solution as soon as possible.". Its been happening each and every time I've clicked the button for the last 4 hours or so.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #897 (permalink)

I haven't had that problem with make offer today. The only time I have had such a problem is when there is a lot of cards in my cart. The cart / make offer feature seem to be driven by cookies, so you might try a different browser and/or clear your cache / delete cookies and see if the problem persists.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #898 (permalink)

I'm hoping one of the COMC staff or regulars can help me out with this...

Since a seller's level in the COMC hierarchy is tied to BV, how are cards that have no BV because they are too new treated once a BV becomes available? In other words, if I send in a batch of cards with a BV of $1000, then that gets added among my 'total amount consigned' and affects where I rank among other sellers. But if 10 of those cards had no BV at the time the batch hit, because they were not in Beckett yet, then they had no effect on that total. What happens once they are priced? Do those amounts get added into my BV total for that batch and my overall total for BV consigned?

Similarly, what about cards that go up or down in BV? Are my totals adjusted if the cards are still in my inventory (not yet sold)?

Thanks.
troysrus20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 AM   #899 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troysrus20 View Post
I'm hoping one of the COMC staff or regulars can help me out with this...

Since a seller's level in the COMC hierarchy is tied to BV, how are cards that have no BV because they are too new treated once a BV becomes available? In other words, if I send in a batch of cards with a BV of $1000, then that gets added among my 'total amount consigned' and affects where I rank among other sellers. But if 10 of those cards had no BV at the time the batch hit, because they were not in Beckett yet, then they had no effect on that total. What happens once they are priced? Do those amounts get added into my BV total for that batch and my overall total for BV consigned?

Similarly, what about cards that go up or down in BV? Are my totals adjusted if the cards are still in my inventory (not yet sold)?

Thanks.
Interesting questions, but why so concerned about the hierarchy? This isn't a fiefdom.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #900 (permalink)

troys- it isn't really a "hierarchy". It's just a list of sellers that can be sorted by book value listed, sold, consigned, etc. Before I started selling on the site, the list was useful to me because it indicated there were a lot of different people on COMC and a lot of cards being bought and sold on the site.

If a column says "total book value", it means the sum total of the book value of all such cards. Cards with no book value count as having $0 book value in those lists. So if your port consisted of a 1/1 Exquisite game used Ty Cobb / Babe Ruth / Honus Wagner / Mickey Mantle card that you price at $150,000 and a Dino Radja rookie card that books for 5 cents, your port would show as having 2 cards worth 5 cents book value, or an average of 2.5 cents per card.

If you then sell the Dino Radja card, your stat in the Biggest Consignors list would show that you sold 100% of your port worth 5 cents in book value, and your stat in the "biggest sellers" list would show that you have a port of 1 card with a total value of $0 and an average value of $0.

If the Dino Radja card were to suddenly go up in price to a quarter (lord knows why), then it would show that you consigned 5 cents worth of cards total (since that was the price when they were consigned), but it would also show that you have 25 cents worth of cards in your port. If the price change took place after you sold the card, then it would show that you had sold 5 cents worth of cards, book value, lifetime.

There isn't really much point to it all, except it helps to demonstrate that COMC is a legitimate site, and can create a bit of a competitive spirit, where people strive a little bit harder so they can go up another rung or two in the rankings, and it sometimes helps smooth things out with the wife so she can see some purpose to you fiddling around on the internet for hours at a time. The only drawback is when she says "hey, honey, since you have so many cards in your port, why don't you sell some and buy us a new sofa?"