Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #901 (permalink)

It looks like the DDearing sale is back on.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #902 (permalink)

Default ddearing sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
It looks like the DDearing sale is back on.
awesome! I was in withdrawal for a couple days. It felt like Christmas was cancelled as I was prepared to continue to load up on some great prices.

Thanks again Ddearing to add a different twist to keep this card buying/selling hobby fun!
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #903 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip_My_Cards View Post
Question about cashing out store credit through paypal.

Does paypal charge fees on the money that is sent from COMC to your paypal account.

Thanks in advance
I see one response, but is it in fact correct that there is NOT a Paypal fee? I'm trying to weigh a Paypal payment and having them send a check.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #904 (permalink)

There is no Paypal fee when you cash out from COMC.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #905 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

COMC people -

any chance you could start a page somewhere on the site that can show a list of sellers who want to sell the entire port?

this list of sellers can be generated from options in the seller's account. maybe give users the option to mark their port for sale and use a combination of dropdown menu's and/or free text fields to set a price based on Percentage off of BV or Asking Price (i.e. [15%] [off current BV] or [15%] [off current asking price] or [fixed price amt], which will automatically adjust as cards are sold or are added to the port. This way the seller will not have to keep adjusting their port price...

at the same token, this will make it easier for buyers who are looking to buy complete ports, to search and make offers (vs seeking out sellers and feeling them out on whether or not they would be interested)

thoughts?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #906 (permalink)

I second captainbohica's motion. I think all sellers should have the option of putting a "sell entire port" button on their port, which would be based on a percentage of asking price and/or book value as defined by the seller.

Also, I think that sellers should be able to set this below 50% of total asking price.

A while back, I bought someone's entire port through this board. It wasn't a big deal - a few hundred dollars in book value for about $35. But the seller was very happy to cash out entirely, and I wound up with a lot of cards that I wouldn't have otherwise have picked up or submitted through the normal process. Yet, I've probably done better flipping the cards in this port than any other batch of cards that I selected for flipping.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #907 (permalink)

IS COMC running behind schedule? Ive got some cards that were due a couple days ago that havent uploaded yet.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #908 (permalink)

I would be willing to sell my entire port if the offer is right.

Items in Inventory 4,458
Total Book Value $7,238.85
Items w/o Book Price 76
eelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #909 (permalink)

I would like if you guys implemented something along the lines of a "Blocked Buyer List" or something along those lines. There are several chronic lowballers and guys that continue to offer the same price even after I have declined that is kind of annoying. It also sucks in the sense that in one example, a member offered me the same price 5 times, and I had to hike the price on the card for him to stop. That also may lose me business on it.

Just a suggestion, thanks.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #910 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
and it sometimes helps smooth things out with the wife so she can see some purpose to you fiddling around on the internet for hours at a time. The only drawback is when she says "hey, honey, since you have so many cards in your port, why don't you sell some and buy us a new sofa?"
LOL...my wife likes it because we can bust cases of product with breaking out the checkbook. Selling all those mid-level RCs, SPs, numbered inserts, etc. can really help recoup the costs from a break. Whereas before I discovered the site, these cards would just accumulate in the "trade-bin".
Old 12-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #911 (permalink)

Hey Tim, just had this experience with your site:

COMC fail

needless to say I won't be coming back, thanks for your effort!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:00 AM   #912 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post

COMC fail

Seems like a user fail not a COMC fail.
trauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #913 (permalink)

Quote:

COMC fail

Just an fyi, you probably should have checked, they can cash out unused deposits for free, no charge at all, if you don't spend them.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #914 (permalink)

Quote:

COMC fail

COMC is one of the most user-friendly websites I've ever used.

Therefore, the fact you messed up not once, but twice, is quite comical.

No sympathy at all: you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #915 (permalink)

Tim and his team are as friendly and helpful of a team as you will ever find in business. You have chosen to ignore the typical great COMC customer service stories that many of us have been trying to help you with.

I do have to laugh out loud again that it was you and nobody else that screwed up twice. When COMC could not solve it in three minutes you took your temper tantrum to the next level.

Quote:

COMC fail

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #916 (permalink)

To see what would happen, I've submitted two cards from the Hideki Matsui Homerun card set:

Hideki Matsui Homerun Cards

They're licensed. I'm curious to see how COMC will handle them.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #917 (permalink)

I would like if you guys implemented something along the lines of a "Blocked Buyer List" or something along those lines. There are several chronic lowballers and guys that continue to offer the same price even after I have declined

I'd suggest some tools to make it easier to make offers. At present, if you have made an offer on a card and the seller has declined, there is no way to know A) That you previously made an offer on the card. B) What your offer was for C) Which seller declined your offer.

One easy tweak would be that if an offer is declined, it is actually counter-offered at the original asking price.

A slightly more difficult tweak would be some way to see your trading history with a particular buyer / seller - how many times they've purchased from you, or you've purchased from them, how many offers you made and how many they accepted, what percentage of asking price they accepted and declined.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #918 (permalink)

Another easy tweak would be if the offer history said who the original seller was and what their original asking price was for the card. If I search through all of my successful offers, I can only see what I offered for the card. Suppose someone makes 100 offers to 30 different dealers, and 5 dealers accept their offer, and 25 other dealers reject their offer. They have no easy way of differentiating between the 5 dealers who accepted and the 25 dealers who rejected.

If you were at a show making offers to 10 different dealers and one said yes, you'd slow down and do some more business with that dealer. Same on eBay. But on COMC, it's not as easy to cultivate repeat buyers.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #919 (permalink)

I do not know if ddearing is on here or not...

I was curious if anyone knows how successful ddearing felt his sale went. Obviously moved a lot of cards and picked up some cash. Was wondering at what discount the most action was at and would he recommend this type of promotion to others. I am tired of all my stuff sitting around and am going to move a bunch one way or the other. Was wondering if this is the way to go....I currently have about $20k book value at comc and several thousand cards more I was considering sending in.
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #920 (permalink)

Umm, does anyone else notice the new changes on COMC?
20 cents per card now, instead of 15? For me, that is a big difference, especially when you send in cards that sell for .50-1.00$?
What are the thoughts on the new fees and changes?
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #921 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
20 cents per card now, instead of 15? For me, that is a big difference, especially when you send in cards that sell for .50-1.00$?
There's an 8 week $0.15 processing and a 4 week $0.20 processing available. Blowout is currently running a promotion with 11 day processing for $0.20 as well.

Edit...never mind. I just saw the changes . That's pretty lame for guys who like to send in lower-end stuff...it will definitely decrease what I send in.

Last edited by Chaddie84; 12-30-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #922 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
I think they tried to do this once before, got massive backlash, and gave up. So it will be interesting to see what happens this time. It's cool that they are giving us til mid feb to use the old rate. I'm gonna send in as much junk as I can before then
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #923 (permalink)

I'm fine with the changes. You're paying an extra nickel per card but getting your card processed in half the time, so at least you're getting better services for the increase.

It seemed to me like a fee raise was coming one way or another because it didn't seem like their old structure was enough. Widespread site outages or just running spotty, 8-week processing batches taking right up until midnight PST and then sometimes being uploaded without pictures, proposing an extra dime surcharge on game-used and autos.... it was pretty clear they needed more flexibility with their working capital and hopefully this new structure will address that for them.

I would have liked to see the pricing stay at 15 cents / 8 week... heck, I'd even like to see the 10 cent / no guaranteed finishing time level back for some of the stuff I send in... but on the other hand, when I joined the site and started sending in cards the cheapest processing level was 25 cents per card and the turnaround time was about 6 weeks. So I can live with 20 cents per card and 4 week turnarounds.

Its a much better alternative to a 10 cent surcharge for game-used/autos like what was originally proposed. Even if that method may have saved me a few dollars over 5 cent raise across the board, the less complicated the better.

A fee raise was coming one way or another, so I think what is in place is about as painless as a fee raise can get.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #924 (permalink)

I do like the improvement of 8 weeks to 4 weeks for standard processing, but it is a decent chunk of the profit for an under $1.00 selling price card. I will definitely be more selective in what I send.

Really like the 35 cent 1 week processing special. This reduces the old charge by 15 cents a card and will allow COMC to get fresh new material on the site faster.

The $50.00 month subscription fee seems to work for only a few sellers that have 5,000+ cards selling for under $1.00. I think this needs to be tweaked, but I am a cheapskate and I am rarely willing to pay extra for convenience (e.g. automatic offer acceptance at a percentage that I set).

I would like to see COMC run some processing specials (like the ones in 2009) to inspire people to send in certain fast moving items. My ideas include:
  • Free processing for $20+ BV Game used and Autos
  • Reduced processing for any $10 BV+ current year card
  • Free or reduced processing for hot players (Joe Webb could be a current example)
  • Specials conducive to Case Breakers like the 550 count box for $50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
There's an 8 week $0.15 processing and a 4 week $0.20 processing available. Blowout is currently running a promotion with 11 day processing for $0.20 as well.

Edit...never mind. I just saw the changes . That's pretty lame for guys who like to send in lower-end stuff...it will definitely decrease what I send in.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #925 (permalink)

I hope they eventually make the $50 "flat rate" special an everyday thing. I really liked being able to bust a case...then dump most everything from that case into a box and send it in. Best deal ever, and I assume limiting the number of sets in a batch reduced the amount of work to process on COMC's end, or maybe not?