Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #951 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
COMC is supposed to turn away any card that's not licensed. That card is licensed, legitimately manufactured and scarcer than hen's teeth. Near as I can tell, there's only one other example for sale on the entire internet, and I own that one as well. COMC does NOT list the print run and mentions in the condition notes that there is no serial number.
I hope you are joking! The legitimate cards were not even inserted 1 per case and you have 40 listed on COMC. The only one that has a note is the the Wood card, the other 39 have no notation at all. The cards were never intended to be released and were likely stolen or sold out the back door illegally.

Quote:
Why should that card be removed from the site, yet, say 2001-02 Parkhurst Chicago National #10 - Mike Modano/1 or 2001-02 Parkhurst Gold Chicago National #10 - Mike Modano/1 be allowed to sit for $100 each?
Maybe because the cards came directly from the In The Game at the stated card show as part of their stated redemption program?

Quote:
The Fleer bankruptcy sale was over 5 years ago. The present owners of any cards from the Fleer bankruptcy sale should be allowed to offer any of the cards they own for any price they see fit. Saying that a 2005 Fleer 1/1 card is only worth $5 because you could have picked one up at a show in 2005 for $5 for less is as irrelevant as saying that a 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card is only worth $5 because you could have picked one up in 1987 for $5.
If there is no way to tell the difference then it is not a big deal, the market will correct itself like it has with the 1989 UD Griffey cards. Cards that are supposed to be serial numbered but are not should not be sold as the originals as they have been on COMC.

Quote:
Should COMC turn away a 1933 Goudey Nap Lajoie? Those were never pack pulled, either.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #952 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
The unnumbered ones seemed to show up on Ebay around a year ago in large quantities.

So where are they now? I count 37 total cards on all of eBay, and 4 of those are mine. It's a 126 card set (or 180+ if you count inserts), so even if you bought every single example on eBay, you wouldn't even be 1/3 of the way to completing a set.

An item isn't common as dirt just because 1 or 3 or 5 of them were offered for sale a year ago.

Personally, I'm willing to blame the clowns at Beckett for their namby-pamby "not priced due to scarcity" crap. Every piece of real estate is a "1 of 1", yet real estate agents come up with values for them all the time. Every piece of original artwork is unique, yet they come up with prices. A lot of sports cards from the 1800's probably have fewer than 25 copies in existence, yet Beckett prices those. Beckett even prices some graded cards which don't actually exist in the grade which is priced.

And yet, on a card produced 11 freaking years ago, they can't possibly come up with a valuation because it's too "scarce"? I'm supposed to be able to figure out a fair market price for my items? I'm supposed to know that if a card has a serial number it's worth $x and if it doesn't have a serial number it's worth $y? Isn't that why the price guide exists in the first place?

Who in the set is really worth collecting? If anyone cared to buy them they would still be listing them. I passed at the time because I knew what they really were. I knew because I had the Stoner back in the day and was aware that the real cards are serial numbered. You are correct that the real cards are rare, there has only been one listed in the last 9 months that I have seen.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #953 (permalink)
Member
 
ohiomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,987
Default

Personally, I'm glad COMC doesn't reject this sort of material... I just wish they'd deviate from beckett sometimes and not list this kind of stuff under the regular card's listing. Or at the very least make a note on each an every one (which I think they try to do if they catch the issue on listing).

There is definitely a market for these kinds of variations regardless of how they ended up on the secondary market. What the true values are is up to the buyers/sellers, but COMC seems like an ideal place for oddball items like this to be featured.

Now if the cards are unquestionably tampered with (e.g. Fleer bankruptcy empty window logoman cards that have had bogus logomen inserted, counterfeit cards, forged signatures, etc) then that kind of stuff needs to be weeded out. Otherwise, let the market decide what may or may not sell... but do everything possible to let the buyer know if they are getting something different from the beckett listing.

On a related note, another reason to not disallow items like this outright would be a card I just listed:

2000 Topps 20th Century Best Sequential #CB5 - R.Henderson SB/1334 - CheckOutMyCards.com

The card is supposed to be numbered, but isn't. But thats the way it came out of the pack. Its simply a factory error. Some buyers might not want it. Some may want it but not want to pay as much as a numbered version. Some might want it and be willing to pay a premium for its uniqueness. I'm fine paying 1 cent a month to let things play out with the card, and see what kind of market there is for it. Better than sitting on my desk at home with me wondering what to do with it.
__________________
Find me at SPORTLOTS.COM - OHIOMIKE
Domestic orders over 50 cards ship ABSOLUTELY FREE with me, copy and paste this URL:

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #954 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,235
Default

I hope you are joking!

I am absolutely not joking. Someone mentions fake autographs and the first example you come up with is my very real, very scarce card which was legally produced and licensed by the manufacturer in 1998? How does that even remotely compare to a fake autograph? A fake autograph is an autograph that was signed by a completely different person, with fraudulent intent. My 1998 SP President's Club Edition Kerry Wood actually was produced by Upper Deck. It actually was licensed by Major League Baseball. It actually was printed in 1998. It sports an Upper Deck hologram, preventing it from being "counterfeited". It has gold foil instead of silver, is printed with "President's Club Edition" on the front, and is die-cut. It actually exists, and the number in existence is very small. If the guide says that the only copies which exist are serial numbered to 10, then that is an error IN THE GUIDE. It is not an error in reality.

The legitimate cards were not even inserted 1 per case and you have 40 listed on COMC.

I have lots of cards. At one time I owned 100% of the 1887 N28 Allen And Ginter cards on the site. I have about 400 1997 Pacific Silver cards, and there were only 67 of each card produced. I'm about the only dealer on the site with any 1970's Wacky Packages cards or 1969 Brady Bunch or 1910 E98's or T212's.

How is a card illegitimate just because it was not inserted into a case? Are 1969 Topps Test cards "illegitimate"? Are 1933 Goudey Nap Lajoie's "illegitimate"? Are Topps Tiffany cards "illegitimate"? Are all file copies "illegitimate"? Beckett doesn't even price these in the first place, so how is my price "wrong"?

Why should I be punished because I have 40 cards from a particular set? Why should a buyer be prevented from the opportunity to purchase one? There are 3 million cards on the site. If these cards were as common as potatoes, why aren't there more? Here's an example of a card set that really is out of whack with it's insertion rate: 1995-96 Collector's Choice Hockey Platinum Player's Club. The Steve Yzerman books for $100, yet there are 49 on COMC, priced as low as $9. Those were inserted maybe one card per box, yet there are dozens of some of them and they routinely sell for less than 10% of guide, here and on eBay.

I can tell you, in 1996, you couldn't find those cards for love or money. So I'm willing to believe that the vast majority were distributed out the back door.

Yet, what would be the solution for that? IMO, Beckett should lower the guide price and that should be that. Instead of 50 times base (or whatever), they should probably be 10 times base. In the case of the President's Club cards, Beckett has no guide price, so there's nothing for them to lower.

The only one that has a note is the the Wood card, the other 39 have no notation at all.

So request a condition note if it's a big deal, but remove them from the site and pretend they don't even exist? Why on Earth should these be removed from the site?

The cards were never intended to be released

Bill Buckner never intended to let the ball go through his legs. Does that mean the Red Sox won the 1986 World Series? What do intentions have to do with reality? I'm quite serious about this. When Topps was dumping cards in the ocean in 1952, do you think they "intended" for the Mickey Mantle card to one day be worth $30,000 or more? They created a product and years later, people who had the cards decided what they would be willing and able to sell them for, and people who wanted the cards decided what they would be willing and able to pay.

and were likely stolen or sold out the back door illegally.

Stolen from whom? Did they file a police report? Is there a reward for the safe return of the 'stolen' cards?

The Mona Lisa was stolen. Several times. As far as most Italians are concerned, the painting hanging in the Louvre in France is the rightful property of Italy. Does that mean it has no value? Even if Leonardo Da Vinci never intended for it to become the most valuable painting in the world and stolen by the French?

Some think that the painting hanging in the Louvre is actually a forgery, and that the original was never replaced. If that was proven to be true, the forgery would still be worth many millions of dollars, because it is the actual forgery that has fooled the art world for nearly 100 years.

Maybe because the cards came directly from the In The Game at the stated card show as part of their stated redemption program?

Maybe. So 100% of all "National Card Show" overprints are 100% legit, with absolutely no distribution in "backdoor deals" and no large quantities of scarce product ever showing up on eBay or COMC? That's pretty impressive.

If there is no way to tell the difference then it is not a big deal, the market will correct itself

If there is a way to tell the difference, it's EVEN LESS OF A DEAL, because the market can easily distinguish between the cards it considers more valuable and the cards it considers less valuable. You can't tell the difference between a "pack pulled" Griffey and a "backdoor" Griffey, so you're willing to let the pack pulled cards be diminished in value. Yet, when you can tell the difference between a numbered insert and an unnumbered insert, you want the unnumbered insert to be removed from the marketplace, even though the market can easily place a higher value on the more "legitimate" item, if it chooses to do so.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 35% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #955 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,235
Default

Who in the set is really worth collecting?

Surely that's a matter for the market to decide. There are plenty of examples of a card being valuable, even though the player on the card is no great shakes. Does anybody want any Billy Ripken card that's NOT a 1989 Fleer? When there's only 10 copies in existence of a card, it doesn't take much. Even if you could show that there were, say, 5 extra sets printed off, I don't see how that makes the cards worthless. And if they are worthless, they're my cards and I'm doomed to pay 1 cent rent on them for all eternity, or I can chuck them in a box and nobody will ever see them.

One of the characteristics of a free market is that things tend to wind up with the people who value them most. Maybe I'm the only person in the world who thinks these things have any value. If that's the case, then I'll be dead and buried before I ever sell them, but it's probably the same with 100,000 other items I own. By definition, every card in my port is something that nobody was willing and able to buy from me at my asking price.

Like you say, back in the day, even the commons from this set were $100, and the stars (at the time people like Travis Lee and Kerry Wood) would have been offered at shows in the $1,000 to $2,500 range. And while there might not have been a corresponding pile of cash for the cards, the cards would have easily traded for other cards in that range if the seller was willing to trade.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 35% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:20 AM   #956 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
I hope you are joking!

I am absolutely not joking. Someone mentions fake autographs and the first example you come up with is my very real, very scarce card which was legally produced and licensed by the manufacturer in 1998? How does that even remotely compare to a fake autograph? A fake autograph is an autograph that was signed by a completely different person, with fraudulent intent. My 1998 SP President's Club Edition Kerry Wood actually was produced by Upper Deck. It actually was licensed by Major League Baseball. It actually was printed in 1998. It sports an Upper Deck hologram, preventing it from being "counterfeited". It has gold foil instead of silver, is printed with "President's Club Edition" on the front, and is die-cut. It actually exists, and the number in existence is very small. If the guide says that the only copies which exist are serial numbered to 10, then that is an error IN THE GUIDE. It is not an error in reality.

The legitimate cards were not even inserted 1 per case and you have 40 listed on COMC.

I have lots of cards. At one time I owned 100% of the 1887 N28 Allen And Ginter cards on the site. I have about 400 1997 Pacific Silver cards, and there were only 67 of each card produced. I'm about the only dealer on the site with any 1970's Wacky Packages cards or 1969 Brady Bunch or 1910 E98's or T212's.

How is a card illegitimate just because it was not inserted into a case? Are 1969 Topps Test cards "illegitimate"? Are 1933 Goudey Nap Lajoie's "illegitimate"? Are Topps Tiffany cards "illegitimate"? Are all file copies "illegitimate"? Beckett doesn't even price these in the first place, so how is my price "wrong"?

Why should I be punished because I have 40 cards from a particular set? Why should a buyer be prevented from the opportunity to purchase one? There are 3 million cards on the site. If these cards were as common as potatoes, why aren't there more? Here's an example of a card set that really is out of whack with it's insertion rate: 1995-96 Collector's Choice Hockey Platinum Player's Club. The Steve Yzerman books for $100, yet there are 49 on COMC, priced as low as $9. Those were inserted maybe one card per box, yet there are dozens of some of them and they routinely sell for less than 10% of guide, here and on eBay.

I can tell you, in 1996, you couldn't find those cards for love or money. So I'm willing to believe that the vast majority were distributed out the back door.

Yet, what would be the solution for that? IMO, Beckett should lower the guide price and that should be that. Instead of 50 times base (or whatever), they should probably be 10 times base. In the case of the President's Club cards, Beckett has no guide price, so there's nothing for them to lower.
And back in 95-96 you would have paid $200-$300 for the card. The reason they are easier to find now is because UD dumped them in a foreign version of Collector's Choice overseas, likely 1 per pack.

Quote:
The only one that has a note is the the Wood card, the other 39 have no notation at all.

So request a condition note if it's a big deal, but remove them from the site and pretend they don't even exist? Why on Earth should these be removed from the site?
They should not have a notation because they are not the same card that they are claiming it is. Did you not see Mike's scan of what the real cards look like?

Quote:
The cards were never intended to be released

Bill Buckner never intended to let the ball go through his legs. Does that mean the Red Sox won the 1986 World Series? What do intentions have to do with reality? I'm quite serious about this. When Topps was dumping cards in the ocean in 1952, do you think they "intended" for the Mickey Mantle card to one day be worth $30,000 or more? They created a product and years later, people who had the cards decided what they would be willing and able to sell them for, and people who wanted the cards decided what they would be willing and able to pay.


Quote:
and were likely stolen or sold out the back door illegally.

Stolen from whom? Did they file a police report? Is there a reward for the safe return of the 'stolen' cards?

The Mona Lisa was stolen. Several times. As far as most Italians are concerned, the painting hanging in the Louvre in France is the rightful property of Italy. Does that mean it has no value? Even if Leonardo Da Vinci never intended for it to become the most valuable painting in the world and stolen by the French?

Some think that the painting hanging in the Louvre is actually a forgery, and that the original was never replaced. If that was proven to be true, the forgery would still be worth many millions of dollars, because it is the actual forgery that has fooled the art world for nearly 100 years.
Really! I think your train just left the tracks!

Quote:
Maybe because the cards came directly from the In The Game at the stated card show as part of their stated redemption program?

Maybe. So 100% of all "National Card Show" overprints are 100% legit, with absolutely no distribution in "backdoor deals" and no large quantities of scarce product ever showing up on eBay or COMC? That's pretty impressive.
I am sure Dr. Price would be willing to pay you a nice reward if you can find a duplicate card from ITG's Card Show Promotions. You are aware that each cards is serial numbered and that the sets involved for each shows was even more limited? When you find this mystery person hoarding the cards let me know, I need a couple cards to complete one of the sets.

Quote:
If there is no way to tell the difference then it is not a big deal, the market will correct itself

If there is a way to tell the difference, it's EVEN LESS OF A DEAL, because the market can easily distinguish between the cards it considers more valuable and the cards it considers less valuable. You can't tell the difference between a "pack pulled" Griffey and a "backdoor" Griffey, so you're willing to let the pack pulled cards be diminished in value. Yet, when you can tell the difference between a numbered insert and an unnumbered insert, you want the unnumbered insert to be removed from the marketplace, even though the market can easily place a higher value on the more "legitimate" item, if it chooses to do so.
The problems is they are not the same and should not be listed as the same thing. You cannot control the Griffeys but you can control anything that you know does not belong. Under COMC's listing policy they are not supposed to be listed since they are not in Beckett's database, but it is their discretion.

Here is another Ichiro rookie missing the serial numbering, should those cards be listed as pack inserted cards with an actual book value?
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #957 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
Who in the set is really worth collecting?

Surely that's a matter for the market to decide. There are plenty of examples of a card being valuable, even though the player on the card is no great shakes. Does anybody want any Billy Ripken card that's NOT a 1989 Fleer? When there's only 10 copies in existence of a card, it doesn't take much. Even if you could show that there were, say, 5 extra sets printed off, I don't see how that makes the cards worthless. And if they are worthless, they're my cards and I'm doomed to pay 1 cent rent on them for all eternity, or I can chuck them in a box and nobody will ever see them.

One of the characteristics of a free market is that things tend to wind up with the people who value them most. Maybe I'm the only person in the world who thinks these things have any value. If that's the case, then I'll be dead and buried before I ever sell them, but it's probably the same with 100,000 other items I own. By definition, every card in my port is something that nobody was willing and able to buy from me at my asking price.

Like you say, back in the day, even the commons from this set were $100, and the stars (at the time people like Travis Lee and Kerry Wood) would have been offered at shows in the $1,000 to $2,500 range. And while there might not have been a corresponding pile of cash for the cards, the cards would have easily traded for other cards in that range if the seller was willing to trade.

There lies the problem with the non serial numbered cards, how many really exist? The next question is how should COMC properly list them since they are not true Presidential Editions? How should they list the Ichiro Topps Reserve rookies?
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:45 AM   #958 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,235
Default

Did you not see Mike's scan of what the real cards look like?

I have "real" cards as well. The only difference is that the pack-pulled variety are hand numbered to 10. If I were to put fake hand numbers on my cards, that would be fraud. I cannot fathom how it would be fraud to offer the cards for sale exactly as I received them and exactly as they left the factory.

COMC does not list these as having a print run of 10. Beckett says "STATED PRINT RUN 10 SERIAL #'d SETS". That is what the manufacturer stated when the cards were issued. That there were 10 serial numbered sets.

It seems to me there are 2 possible scenarios:

* The manufacturer printed 10 sets, but some of the cards were not numbered and not distributed in packs.

* The manufacturer printed more than 10 sets, and mis-stated the print run to Beckett.

Either way, Beckett contains incorrect information, and it would be up to Beckett to make a correction if they are so inclined.

A separate issue is, "what are the cards worth?" Beckett offers no opinion on the matter and cops out with their standard "not priced due to scarcity" canard. So the asking price is a matter of the seller's opinion. Well, in my opinion, the 1990's Wild Card 1000 Stripes (another scarce issue where undistributed cards show up in clumps on eBay) guide for 120 times base, and the 1999 Score Artist's Proofs (serially numbered to 10) guide for 120 times base, so I figure a multiple of 100 times base is fair value.

And back in 95-96 you would have paid $200-$300 for the card. The reason they are easier to find now is because UD dumped them in a foreign version of Collector's Choice overseas, likely 1 per pack.

Thank you. I was wondering about that. I would point out, though, that Beckett still hasn't adjusted their price structure on that set, though they've had many years to do so.

I think your train just left the tracks!

Not really. Feel free to actually read what I wrote. People have collected valuable items for thousands of years. Sometimes, an item is not what it is represented to be. Sometimes, the perceived value of an item will change. However, such an item might still have value. I can point to countless examples in the card world. An entire book was written about the Gretzky T206 Honus Wagner, the entire thesis of which was that the card was not pack pulled, and was in fact, hand trimmed from an uncut sheet. The 1933 Goudey Nap Lajoie was not pack pulled, and was only available to people who complained to the company that they didn't get card #106. The 1990 Frank Thomas No Name On Front card is fishy in origin. It's likely that no example of the card was ever pack pulled. Yet, the card has value.

You are aware that each cards is serial numbered and that the sets involved for each shows was even more limited?

I am fully aware of that. However, these cards seem to show up in clumps on eBay, in the hand of relatively few dealers, which was the knock you have against my cards. There's one dealer on COMC that has a couple hundred "1 of 1" overprints from a particular show. Somehow, my cards are "illegitimate" because a kid in Podunk, Alaska couldn't pull one from a pack at their local card shop. Yet, these show overprints are just as unobtainable to anyone who didn't attend the show. I'm not knocking your cards, BTW. I'm just trying to show why it's unreasonable for you to be knocking mine.

The problems is they are not the same and should not be listed as the same thing.

They are precisely the same card, other than the lack of a serial number. At best, this is a minor variation, worthy of a short condition note on COMC. If Beckett thinks the variation is worthy of a notation, they should make a note of it. If Beckett thinks the price should be $x, $y or $z, then they should list these as being worth $x, $y or $z.

You were comparing these to fake autographs, calling them stolen and illegal, and using them as your #1 example of a card that should be removed from the site. Yet, these were actually produced by the manufacturer. You cannot cite an actual crime where they were stolen (when, by whom, from whom). You cannot cite an actual law that has been violated (misstating a print run to Beckett? Failure to serial number a card? Illegal collation? What?)

Under COMC's listing policy they are not supposed to be listed since they are not in Beckett's database, but it is their discretion.

Which is it? They have discretion to list, or they have no discretion to list? I could point out 10,000 examples of cards on COMC which are not listed in Beckett. COMC's policy is to only list cards which are LICENSED, which these cards clearly are.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 35% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 AM   #959 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,235
Default

There lies the problem with the non serial numbered cards, how many really exist? The next question is how should COMC properly list them since they are not true Presidential Editions?

COMC is not making any claims about the print run, so they shouldn't have to make a correction. Beckett doesn't have a number in the "print run" column either (the overview and price section of the set indicate a stated print run of 10). For that matter, nearly 100% of trading cards produced during the first 100 years of the hobby have no serial number, yet people still buy and trade them based upon their perceived value.

If COMC needs to break out every card that has a minor manufacturer's variation, maybe they should have a separate listing if a card is off center or miscut or a bit fuzzy or has a wax stain.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 35% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #960 (permalink)
Member
 
pearljam_cubbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 1,352
Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies
Default

Now trending: 1998 Sp Top Prospects Baseball, first and last time that will ever happen

When those Ichiro RCs first showed up on there I almost bought one of each until I realized they had no serial numbering, theres no way those are worth what they say they are.
__________________
Stuff I collect: Baseball Hof Autos and Cubs and Vikings Autos
Sets Im working on: 1999 UD Legends Epic Signatures Baseball
Every Original Harmon Killebrew Card Psa Graded
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets

Last edited by pearljam_cubbies; 01-02-2011 at 05:46 AM.
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #961 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Snohomish
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
They also have a lot of backdoored cards that they refuse to remove.

1998 SP Top Prospects President's Edition #31 - Kerry Wood - CheckOutMyCards.com The cards are serial numbered to 10 out of the packs.

2001 E-X #105 - Ichiro Suzuki/1999 RC (Rookie Card) - CheckOutMyCards.com Every one that is listed on the site is missing the serial numbering!

2003 E-X Essential Credentials Now Fleer Bankruptcy #80 - Ichiro Suzuki - CheckOutMyCards.com In the past they removed these type of cards, now they manually enter the set in to the site, something they will not do for legit pack released cards.
We are doing some research by contacting the manufacturers and looking into graded versions of cards of similar nature. Stay tuned. Thanks.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #962 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Default

DWC, are you an employee of COMC? What do you have to say about the fake Rookie Premiere Autographs on there? For example:

2007 Topps Rookie Premiere Autographs Duals Red Ink #PL - A.Peterson/M.Lynch - CheckOutMyCards.com

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...Russell_BQuinn

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...n_Stanton_Beck
__________________
I collect Randy Moss, Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun autographs!


Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #963 (permalink)
Member
 
pearljam_cubbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 1,352
Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies
Default

might be a stupid question but how do you know those are fake?
__________________
Stuff I collect: Baseball Hof Autos and Cubs and Vikings Autos
Sets Im working on: 1999 UD Legends Epic Signatures Baseball
Every Original Harmon Killebrew Card Psa Graded
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #964 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Default

The signatures are fake. If you look and compare with the other autos, its clear.
__________________
I collect Randy Moss, Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun autographs!


Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #965 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Snohomish
Posts: 76
Default

We're going to contact the sellers of these cards because we don't have enough proof to pull them off the site. Stay tuned.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #966 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,901
Default

Has anyone else noticed that the site is much much slower in the last two months compared to what it was middle of last year? Is it just my account that's clogged and slowing it down or is everyone having that problem. I used to spend 10-20 hours/week on the site surfing, buying and pricing cards. Now, every other time I log in, it is so slow that I end up gong somewhere else. It does the same thing when I try to accept an offer or counteroffer. It takes a minute or two and then it times out half the time. And I'm doing it early in the morning, so it can't be all the traffic. I probably spend 1-2 hours/week on it now because I get so frustrated. Anyone else?
__________________
If you have to explain why it's a 1/1, then it's NOT a 1/1.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.

Last edited by ddearing; 01-22-2011 at 11:45 AM.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #967 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the site is much much slower in the last two months compared to what it was middle of last year? Is it just my account that's clogged and slowing it down or is everyone having that problem. I used to spend 10-20 hours/week on the site surfing, buying and pricing cards. Now, every other time I log in, it is so slow that I end up gong somewhere else. It does the same thing when I try to accept an offer or counteroffer. It takes a minute or two and then it times out half the time. And I'm doing it early in the morning, so it can't be all the traffic. I probably spend 1-2 hours/week on it now because I get so frustrated. Anyone else?
Agreed. It feels slower at times. Other times it's running just fine. I'm not sure why.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #968 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,846
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

comc - who is supposed to be monitoring your staff@checkoutmycards inbox? is there another person we can email instead because staff@checkoutmycards emails go unanswered.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #969 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
comc - who is supposed to be monitoring your staff@checkoutmycards inbox? is there another person we can email instead because staff@checkoutmycards emails go unanswered.
Same here. I'm 0/2 on email inquiries and 0/1 on voicemails. My only chance at a response so far has been getting hold of a LIVE person on the phone. -Chad
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #970 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,846
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

f all that i just went straight to the top and emailed tim G on a previous issues. LOL.

then all of a sudden i got a response from customer service. who woulda thunk it.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #971 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the site is much much slower in the last two months compared to what it was middle of last year? Is it just my account that's clogged and slowing it down or is everyone having that problem. I used to spend 10-20 hours/week on the site surfing, buying and pricing cards. Now, every other time I log in, it is so slow that I end up gong somewhere else. It does the same thing when I try to accept an offer or counteroffer. It takes a minute or two and then it times out half the time. And I'm doing it early in the morning, so it can't be all the traffic. I probably spend 1-2 hours/week on it now because I get so frustrated. Anyone else?
I've been trying to spend more time buying lately as well, and I often get frustrated and move on to something else. I'm hoping it's because of all the new buyer and seller accounts creating a large increase in traffic. Perhaps more or bigger/better servers will help?

Hopefully it gets fixed soon...while I'm still in the buying mood.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #972 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,784
Default

The COMC site has been painfully slow for several days. I have been working on a complete set project and it has been taking me forever....
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #973 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,846
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

Maybe sportscardgirl's bot has been slowing it down lololol
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #974 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,784
Default

Yeah it is a misplaced bot for him purchasing Pimp Suits out of Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
Maybe sportscardgirl's bot has been slowing it down lololol
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #975 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
The COMC site has been painfully slow for several days. I have been working on a complete set project and it has been taking me forever....
It is very frustrating when you need to price 1500 cards! If I cannot access the site then it is very likely the buyers cannot access the site also. I am on my third attempt to price my cards today and have gotten the error screen 3 times in 5 minutes! I just started using the notification option, maybe if they get enough error notification requests they might fix the problem. I just got 4 more Website errors while typing this.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 05:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 03:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 12:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 01:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 07:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 08:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 10:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 02:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 02:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.