Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #1001 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
How can I stop a COMC member from sending me offers and counter offers.
you can't.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #1002 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
you can't.
Well, if I spent the $15 per month for the account upgrade, then I could set a minimum offer price that was equal to my ask, that way I could ignore all these low ball offers, right? Is that the only way to do it?
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #1003 (permalink)

Quote:
How can I stop a COMC member from sending me offers and counter offers. This dude is just non stop. What he's resorted to now is sending an offer at half my ask, then I counter with my ask price, which should obviously mean I'm not lower it, but then he counters with a $0.10 raise in his offer. I'm sick of clicking over and over and over. This guy is obviously trying to annoy me into submission. This is nuts! Why is this allowed?

I see for $15/month I can set a min offer. Is that the only way to solve this problem? Pay COMC $15/month? I don't sell enough on COMC to pay them an extra $15/month.
Raise your price of that card so that a 50% offer would be what you're willing to accept. This way he'll either buy it or stop making offers on it.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #1004 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well, if I spent the $15 per month for the account upgrade, then I could set a minimum offer price that was equal to my ask, that way I could ignore all these low ball offers, right? Is that the only way to do it?
yes sir it is... but if you're going to stay a cheap ass like me.. then you/we are stuck
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #1005 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Raise your price of that card so that a 50% offer would be what you're willing to accept. This way he'll either buy it or stop making offers on it.
Oh right, because the lowest an offer can go is 50%. Jeez, I should have figured that one out. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #1006 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh right, because the lowest an offer can go is 50%. Jeez, I should have figured that one out. Thanks!
You're welcome.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #1007 (permalink)

Quote:
You're welcome.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.
Ugh. Well, looks like I got skinned.

This dude sending me offers was simply trying to get me to RAISE my prices so he'll have the lowest listed price for cards on COMC. That is a pain in the rear. The one willing to be the most annoying member gets the lowest prices listed? That is so annoying stupid and pointless.

I'm done with COMC.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #1008 (permalink)
Banned

start doing the same to him.

send separate offers...... on all his cards............................... =)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #1009 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
start doing the same to him.

send separate offers...... on all his cards............................... =)
Ugh, I don't have time for that.

But turns out I was overreacting. He's doesn't have a lot of the same product I do, I'm not sure what he was doing. Just trying to get cards for the lowest price possible I guess. Gosh, I wouldn't believe someone would be willing to sit and click for hours on end just for nickles and dimes. I shouldn't be so naive, huh?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #1010 (permalink)

Quote:

This dude sending me offers was simply trying to get me to RAISE my prices so he'll have the lowest listed price for cards on COMC. That is a pain in the rear. The one willing to be the most annoying member gets the lowest prices listed? That is so annoying stupid and pointless.

I'm done with COMC.
Put your card price back to where it was, and then ignore his offer.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #1011 (permalink)
Banned

set the card he wants to $1,000,000.00
Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #1012 (permalink)

alazarevich
make your counters higher than your actual asking, that may get the guy off your arsche...we all get people like that who just keep on digging and digging, either you accept at somepoint or just reject it or take wheelers advice and just ignore the offers, they will fall off after a few days on their own
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #1013 (permalink)

Quote:
Put your card price back to where it was, and then ignore his offer.
Yeah, that's another option, just ignore the offers. But the OCD in me wants to clear out all offers so it's a clean plate, know what I mean?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help and advice.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #1014 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm done with COMC.
Who is the user? If it's getting ridiculous, report it.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #1015 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Who is the user? If it's getting ridiculous, report it.
It was tomac16, but by no means would I report him. Now that I've gotten over the anger/frustration, I can see he was just trying to get good prices. And my tolerance is really low, since I felt like my prices were already low. I don't think what he did was all that bad, just trying to make some buckage.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #1016 (permalink)

Quote:
How can I stop a COMC member from sending me offers and counter offers. This dude is just non stop. What he's resorted to now is sending an offer at half my ask, then I counter with my ask price, which should obviously mean I'm not lower it, but then he counters with a $0.10 raise in his offer. I'm sick of clicking over and over and over. This guy is obviously trying to annoy me into submission. This is nuts! Why is this allowed?

I see for $15/month I can set a min offer. Is that the only way to solve this problem? Pay COMC $15/month? I don't sell enough on COMC to pay them an extra $15/month.
Oh man, I have the same thing happening to me...my guess is it has to be the same person. I think if it continues, COMC would do something about it. I understand wanting to get a deal, but it is a bit absurd after 5 or 6 times of the same offer over and over. Its obvious he isn't willing to pay more than that same price, so I just keep rejecting it...he must have very high self-esteem
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #1017 (permalink)

we should all be like "sportscardgal" and price at high beckett and not take any offers, then turn around and lowball everyone on their cards

you will learn soon who the lowballers are and who the lowballer-flippers are, sometimes even their names give it away. You have to be willing to understand that what you sell will end up back on the site for a flip, obviously this doesn't always happen but it can if you price low or accept a low offer. Just know it will probably be back up for sale at a higher price than you had it at. Now it may never sell at that new price but to each his or her own. With the huge influx of new buyers and sellers there you just don't know anymore what anyone's intentions are. I used to get offended when I let something go for less than I really wanted to, but thought I would never sell it otherwise only to see it being flipped, now I don't blink if I see it back up there. Recently I've been moving some older stuff at a lower price than what I purchased it for either on there or on ebay or somewhere else. Sometime's you have to bite the bullet.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #1018 (permalink)

I think it also takes a bit of time to really gauge how the COMC market works. As advertised on these boards, some sellers specifically price and then accept all offers (50% off). Some are willing to accept certain discounts and others very little or none at all.

But I fully agree... if I'm buying and offer a deep discount and get countered with a price that's very close to the asking price, I get the picture and will either accept, counter at a more reasonable discount or simply reject.

As a seller, I gauge each deal, one at a time, based on my own criteria. If someone lowballs me, that's fine -- I'll counter with a higher price. If they counter with the same price or they add only a few cents, I'll just reject outright.

Actually, if a buyer gives an offer that is 50% offer and is countered at a small discount, there's nothing inherently wrong with the buyer offering 50% again -- just to signal that 50% offer is all they're willing to pay. The seller may actually think about it and accept the second time around. Remember, the seller is trying to negotiate the best price for him or herself and may be eventually happy to take 50% offer, but is trying to extract as much value.

In any case, if someone persists more than 2 rounds, the best thing to do is let the offer stay open and let it expire. Since COMC holds the offer amount off your balance, it rightfully penalizes the buyer if they insist on having so many open bids that won't be accepted. So, the best way to get back at someone like this is to have them simply wait and lock up their funds.
JimsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #1019 (permalink)

I've been annoyed by a few members on COMC who keep sending me the same lowball offers, but I've dealt with the same thing on eBay for a long time since I use the BIN/Best Offer system over there. I'll counter the first lowball, then reject the second.

I think a good solution for COMC would be to implement the same offer limit that eBay has. A buyer has a limit of 3 offers on an item. After they hit that limit, they can't annoy you anymore.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #1020 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I've been annoyed by a few members on COMC who keep sending me the same lowball offers, but I've dealt with the same thing on eBay for a long time since I use the BIN/Best Offer system over there. I'll counter the first lowball, then reject the second.

I think a good solution for COMC would be to implement the same offer limit that eBay has. A buyer has a limit of 3 offers on an item. After they hit that limit, they can't annoy you anymore.
Seriously, just raise the price to double what you will accept and then they won't lowball you anymore. Pretty simple.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #1021 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Seriously, just raise the price to double what you will accept and then they won't lowball you anymore. Pretty simple.
Doing this can hurt sales, though...as many buyers will not be aware of what an acceptable offer is and simply will not offer.

IE: If I found a Cuddyer card I want that books for $5. Seller A prices their card at $1.25 and has little room for offers, Seller B prices their card at $2 and accepts all offers. Unless I'm aware Seller B accepts all offers, I'm going to buy outright from Seller A.

Sorry, but I doubt most buyers down go 2-3 sellers down the list to make offers than buy/offer on the lowest prices available.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #1022 (permalink)

Theoretically, it might be nice to be able to set a minimum offer percentage on specific cards, instead of just for your entire portfolio, kind of like what you can do on eBay with BIN's. I think the actuality of this might be a bit cumbersome for the site, but maybe this is a potential extra benefit that the site could add.

What do you all think about making this an OPTION for which you pay an extra per card fee for each month? You might not use it much (or at all), but for those situations where you don't want to see lowball offers on a few cards, but also don't want to raise the minimum offer percentage on your entire portfolio, it could solve that problem. And if COMC charges for it, the revenues could offset the cost of the programming and extra data storage.

Just a thought.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #1023 (permalink)

I agree with above post.

However, get this, I raised all my prices yesterday to high book on some cards, and that stopped the low ball offers. Additional, I've sold 6 cards at HIGH book! Cards that I would have sold at low book if I hadn't been bugged by the low baller and upped my prices.

So thanks to the lowballers!

Still, I think allowing basic users (non $15/month) to have access to auto-decline offers would be a cool thing to have.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #1024 (permalink)

Quote:
Additionally, I'm a COMC moron, I think. I listed a bunch of new cards from 10-11 Donruss NBA at what I thought were good prices (low book value), and many of the star cards got snatched up right away and immediately re-listed for double what I was asking.
Alex - take the sales now. I am about to send in multiple cases worth of Donruss BK hits in the next week or so, including about a dozen Kobe jerseys, but right now, I think you have most of the supply on there from your cases. Sell now while you control the market.

BTW - anyone want any Donruss BK base sets?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #1025 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Alex - take the sales now. I am about to send in multiple cases worth of Donruss BK hits in the next week or so, including about a dozen Kobe jerseys, but right now, I think you have most of the supply on there from your cases. Sell now while you control the market.

BTW - anyone want any Donruss BK base sets?
Will do, I'm accepting all offers! Quick! AAAHHHH!!!!