Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #1026 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 278
Default

Love the new offer history page. Now if you just make it so I can send out a new counter-offer as a seller if my original counter-offer gets rejected, I will be content.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #1027 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,136
Default

Website Performance Update CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

Has there been an update? It's still painfully slow and now I can't access my dashboard. Maybe they're currently working out updates still, because I can't imagine there's a ton of traffic on a Tuesday morning.
__________________
COMC Auto-Accept Set at 20%

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #1028 (permalink)
Member
 
Care4Card's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal PQ
Posts: 1,467
Default

Quick Question...

What ever hapened to the 8 weeks processing service for .10$ ?

The cheapest one now is .20$ for 4 weeks?

Is this permanent?
__________________
The Wax Buster
http://waxbuster.wordpress.com
Care4Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #1029 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care4Card View Post
Quick Question...

What ever hapened to the 8 weeks processing service for .10$ ?

The cheapest one now is .20$ for 4 weeks?

Is this permanent?
It was 8 weeks for $0.15, and yes, it is long gone. The cheapest standard rate is now $0.20 for 4 weeks. The only chance at a lower processing is when they run promos from time to time.
__________________
COMC Auto-Accept Set at 20%

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #1030 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 278
Default

I'm going to repeat my request for the ability to make another counteroffer as a seller if a buyer rejects one of my counteroffers. I feel strongly that this would make a more level playing field between buyers and sellers in terms of negotiations, and would also result in more sales on site.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #1031 (permalink)
Member
 
mightbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
It was 8 weeks for $0.15, and yes, it is long gone. The cheapest standard rate is now $0.20 for 4 weeks. The only chance at a lower processing is when they run promos from time to time.
They had actually been allowing the 8 weeks for 0.15 until Feb 14th. Stupid me forget to send some more stuff in. I guess it is faster and only 5 cents more but that's a big deal when you hope to sell a bunch of stuff ultra cheap.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #1032 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,136
Default

Any processing or shipping promos coming up? I know it's been a little while. Even with my recent shipments...cards continue to accumulate .
__________________
COMC Auto-Accept Set at 20%

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #1033 (permalink)
Member
 
alexlazarevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 3,300
Default 154 pt Five Star cards: normal size or jumbo?

I'm sending in 115 cards of Five Star Football to COMC, and 110 of them are the 154pt thick cards. They are simple in sleeves, not in loaders and not graded.

Are these considered to be normal sized cards ($0.35 per card to process in 1 week) or are they considered "jumbo" sized and thus $0.75 per card to process in 3 weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #1034 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Snohomish
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
I'm sending in 115 cards of Five Star Football to COMC, and 110 of them are the 154pt thick cards. They are simple in sleeves, not in loaders and not graded.

Are these considered to be normal sized cards ($0.35 per card to process in 1 week) or are they considered "jumbo" sized and thus $0.75 per card to process in 3 weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
Those will be charged the normal-sized price.
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #1035 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford, TX
Posts: 2,051
Default

Question for people here.
I was collecting a lot in the mid to late 90's and have a bunch of insets/misc cards from that time period. Would they be worth sending in?
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #1036 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,125
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Can be. I've sold some but have some on there. For example. I know my older rookie sensations and us rookies sell but were also only talking. 25 and. 50 and with the new listing fees not much profit in them
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #1037 (permalink)
Member
 
Tarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 97
Default

Can anyone give feedback on selling encased cards? I have a bunch of graded & eTopps cards that I would like to send in, but I'm not sure if I can justify the larger processing fee for oversize cards.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #1038 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,848
Default

I have a couple of questions that I'm sure have been answered at one time, but I really don't want to go thru 42 pages to find my answer.

So if I submit 500 cards at a 4 week level, I pay $100 (500 *.20, plus $3.00 batch fee), plus $5.00/month storage fee (500*.01) if I price everything over .25?

How can stuff be priced at $.25 or less on the site if the minimum fee is $.20 per card to have it listed? $.20 seems like a great deal to have someone scan it. I just don't get how people can price it at $.20-$.25 when they paid $.20 plus costs to ship you the cards.

I appreciate the help.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #1039 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I have a couple of questions that I'm sure have been answered at one time, but I really don't want to go thru 42 pages to find my answer.

So if I submit 500 cards at a 4 week level, I pay $100 (500 *.20, plus $3.00 batch fee), plus $5.00/month storage fee (500*.01) if I price everything over .25?

How can stuff be priced at $.25 or less on the site if the minimum fee is $.20 per card to have it listed? $.20 seems like a great deal to have someone scan it. I just don't get how people can price it at $.20-$.25 when they paid $.20 plus costs to ship you the cards.

I appreciate the help.
No problem.

500 Cards will cost you $0.20 per card, plus a $3.00 batch fee ($103 total), plus whatever it costs you to ship in the cards. There are no storage fees for the first three months and no storage fees for any cards priced for $0.25 or less.

The cheapest processing rate hasn't always been $0.20, there used to be a cheaper service for $0.15. Also, Blowout sometimes runs promos which offers processing for cheaper. At times I've been able to have my cards processed for around $0.10 a card which fit a certain promo, but to be honest, while it sounds like a nice deal, all it does is drive selling prices down. Besides this fact, though, there are simply times where people price cards below processing costs just to get rid of them and "outprice" competition.
__________________
COMC Auto-Accept Set at 20%

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #1040 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 116
Default

I recently sent in 25 cards and was told that 1 would be returned. How long does it take for someone at COMC to get back to you in situations like this? The cards were proccesed on March 5.
__________________
<---- COMC
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #1041 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat115 View Post
I recently sent in 25 cards and was told that 1 would be returned. How long does it take for someone at COMC to get back to you in situations like this? The cards were proccesed on March 5.
They usually bundle returns with shipments, so the next time you ship some cards to yourself, they will bundle in the card.
__________________
COMC Auto-Accept Set at 20%

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #1042 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
They usually bundle returns with shipments, so the next time you ship some cards to yourself, they will bundle in the card.
Okay, cool. I just requested a shipment on Thursday that's being packaged now.
__________________
<---- COMC
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #1043 (permalink)
Member
 
fisk-factor75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 821
Default

I have been selling on COMC for awhile, the one thing I cannot grasp is why people are sending in commons that sell for under $.20 a piece as soon as they are posted. Are they not losing money right out the gate? Just curious.
__________________
I work midnight shift, so please understand if I do not respond to pms in the mornings
Bucket:http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x259/astromutt/
fisk-factor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #1044 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
They usually bundle returns with shipments, so the next time you ship some cards to yourself, they will bundle in the card.
I recieved my requested shipment today but the card was not among them. I guess I should call them since they haven't replied to any emails about it.
__________________
<---- COMC
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #1045 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 147
Default

Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy, and I work for Check Out My Cards. I'll be visiting these forums regularly, and if you have any questions for the crew at COMC I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks so much for supporting us; we're doing better than ever, and we definitely want to keep improving our site and our service.
Happy selling,

-J
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #1046 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy, and I work for Check Out My Cards. I'll be visiting these forums regularly, and if you have any questions for the crew at COMC I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks so much for supporting us; we're doing better than ever, and we definitely want to keep improving our site and our service.
Happy selling,

-J
jeremy.

who is responsible for checking the customer service email address?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #1047 (permalink)
Member
 
Casebreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 1,982
Default

whats the status of the message board i was hearing about that COMC was supposed to come out with so we all can post our sales??
__________________
GREAT DEALS, as low as .08 CENTS for cards, all sports check them out
Casebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #1048 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
who is responsible for checking the customer service email address?
Those emails are checked my Jeff our GM, who either answers them himself or forwards them on to the appropriate department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
whats the status of the message board i was hearing about that COMC was supposed to come out with so we all can post our sales??
We're certainly looking into launching a message board of our own, but right now our efforts are focused on bringing on and training some additional staff to handle the volume of business we're experiencing. We don't wan't to do anything half-heartedly. =)

-J
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #1049 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy, and I work for Check Out My Cards. I'll be visiting these forums regularly, and if you have any questions for the crew at COMC I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks so much for supporting us; we're doing better than ever, and we definitely want to keep improving our site and our service.
Happy selling,

-J
Hi Jeremy,

I just had some items posted to my account a few minutes ago. As I was refreshing the page, I noticed my dollar amount went down. It looks like it was in the amount of $1.75, so I was wondering if I had any condition notes, etc...but that wasn't the case. No cards were sent in top-loads with this batch either, so I am curious as to why the account went down with no explanation. Actually this happened last weekend too, and it was for about $5 or so, but there wasn't any indication as to why. I had new items hit this week, but if I needed condition notes on some items, it certainly wasnt for that amont.

The fees were taken out the day you received the cards, so I am a bit confused as to why this is happening. The only thing I can think of is that the other batch of cards to hit at the end of the month, had some condition notes with them? Thanks.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #1050 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Hi Jeremy,

I just had some items posted to my account a few minutes ago. As I was refreshing the page, I noticed my dollar amount went down. It looks like it was in the amount of $1.75, so I was wondering if I had any condition notes, etc...but that wasn't the case. No cards were sent in top-loads with this batch either, so I am curious as to why the account went down with no explanation. Actually this happened last weekend too, and it was for about $5 or so, but there wasn't any indication as to why. I had new items hit this week, but if I needed condition notes on some items, it certainly wasnt for that amont.

The fees were taken out the day you received the cards, so I am a bit confused as to why this is happening. The only thing I can think of is that the other batch of cards to hit at the end of the month, had some condition notes with them? Thanks.
Within the dashboard, under your available store credit is "store credit history". Your answer should be there.
mhcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 04:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 03:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 12:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 01:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 07:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 08:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 09:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 01:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 01:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.