Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #1051 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcook View Post
Within the dashboard, under your available store credit is "store credit history". Your answer should be there.
yeah I looked there, but it doesn't show anything about a -1.75 to my account
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #1052 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
yeah I looked there, but it doesn't show anything about a -1.75 to my account
That's not good, i would hope that any time $ comes out of the account it would be documented there. I look forward to seeing what the resolution is.
mhcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #1053 (permalink)

If its happening on days you have pending batches completed then its probably the discrepancy between the amount originally placed on hold and the amount actually charged to you once the holds are released. There isn't a transaction in the amount of the difference, but rather the holds are simultaneously wiped out when the actual processing fees hit. So your balance could change and the difference is basically reflected within the finalized fee amount. It could be different in you favor if a number of cards get rejected or you over counted, or it could be different with a negative impact on your balance if you under counter, condition notes were added, some cards were deemed oversize (like booklet cards or extremely thick cards, and in which case an oversize batch fee could possibly be added too even if its only 1 or a few cards).

Or perhaps something different will explain your specific case. But what I've described above has the potential to change your balance on days batches are finished, but the exact credit change won't show up as a transaction.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #1054 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
If its happening on days you have pending batches completed then its probably the discrepancy between the amount originally placed on hold and the amount actually charged to you once the holds are released. There isn't a transaction in the amount of the difference, but rather the holds are simultaneously wiped out when the actual processing fees hit. So your balance could change and the difference is basically reflected within the finalized fee amount. It could be different in you favor if a number of cards get rejected or you over counted, or it could be different with a negative impact on your balance if you under counter, condition notes were added, some cards were deemed oversize (like booklet cards or extremely thick cards, and in which case an oversize batch fee could possibly be added too even if its only 1 or a few cards).

Or perhaps something different will explain your specific case. But what I've described above has the potential to change your balance on days batches are finished, but the exact credit change won't show up as a transaction.
Yeah I understand what you described, but I didn't have any oversized cards, no top-loads in this group...I never thought of an extra batch, but that wouldn't explain this specifically. I am guessing it is the condition notes, but that doesn't explain last week (when it was $5 or so, and the batch wasn't due that day. I had at most 3 or 4 condition notes when all was said and done....but that amount would be the equivalent of 20 condition notes or so.)

I have absolutely no problem with money being taken out after the fact, but I would like to know why. I believe the majority of people would feel the same. Going forward, as COMC gets bigger and bigger, they will need to have that issue addressed in my opinion. We understand it, but newcomers won't. I think they should show it in your store history (both debit and credit), with a brief explanation as to why (i.e., 7 cards needing condition notes, 4 being returned etc.) I still don't see a place yet to find out what card(s) you have being returned to you. I mentioned having that available somehow and they liked the idea and would pass it on, so this could be similar and just something that they never even thought of. This is just minor now, but I know that this could be a bigger problem down the road, when they have more and more sellers. Better to do it now while COMC is still growing, and get it worked out, so it won't even be an issue in the future.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #1055 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Yeah I understand what you described, but I didn't have any oversized cards, no top-loads in this group...I never thought of an extra batch, but that wouldn't explain this specifically. I am guessing it is the condition notes, but that doesn't explain last week (when it was $5 or so, and the batch wasn't due that day. I had at most 3 or 4 condition notes when all was said and done....but that amount would be the equivalent of 20 condition notes or so.)

I have absolutely no problem with money being taken out after the fact, but I would like to know why. I believe the majority of people would feel the same. Going forward, as COMC gets bigger and bigger, they will need to have that issue addressed in my opinion. We understand it, but newcomers won't. I think they should show it in your store history (both debit and credit), with a brief explanation as to why (i.e., 7 cards needing condition notes, 4 being returned etc.) I still don't see a place yet to find out what card(s) you have being returned to you. I mentioned having that available somehow and they liked the idea and would pass it on, so this could be similar and just something that they never even thought of. This is just minor now, but I know that this could be a bigger problem down the road, when they have more and more sellers. Better to do it now while COMC is still growing, and get it worked out, so it won't even be an issue in the future.
As I have stated many times before, they need a running total for the store credit history. They need to treat the history as a balance sheet so there are no questions as to why the numbers have changed.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #1056 (permalink)

There needs to be a change in the way Port purchases are made. I agreed to purchase another users port on Thursday, we both contacted COMC on Thursday to complete the deal. Here it is Sunday and nothing has been done yet! All you need to do is allow the sellers to set there own port sale percentage limits. There is no excuse for dragging out the process for days when a deal has been made AND you have been contacted by the seller and buyer.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #1057 (permalink)

papercards - I'll look into that tomorrow and find you an answer.

cardsrus1 - I don't know why the port sale hasn't gone through, but I'll bring it to Jeff the G.M.

-J
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #1058 (permalink)

I think the discrepancy resulted because they started charging to make condition notes on any card they determine is damaged -- it appears to be an additional .25 per card. This new fee does not appear to be documented anywhere on the website. I wish I had known about this fee as several cards I sent in would not have been worth sending in if I knew I was going to get charged an extra .25 to note the card has dinged corners or whatever.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #1059 (permalink)

Papercards - The discrepency does seem to be because of a few cards needing condition notes. I'm not sure why the correct balance didn't show immediately, I'll bring it up to the web team. Just to be sure, I downloaded your store credit history as an excel sheet (which you can also do in your account menu) and ran the numbers. Fortunately it all added up, to the penny.

-J
Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #1060 (permalink)

The website needs to move to a server that can handle the traffic and updates. Right now it's stalling terribly. I'm trying to purchase a card and it doesn't let me because it's timing out.
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #1061 (permalink)

the site has been a steady $ maker for me...check it out! give it a shot at buying first, then sell.
jjd1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #1062 (permalink)

How can I change my E-Mail and Paypal that is hooked up with the site?

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #1063 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nesports View Post
The website needs to move to a server that can handle the traffic and updates. Right now it's stalling terribly. I'm trying to purchase a card and it doesn't let me because it's timing out.
It's not the server. It's the software the site is run on. But considering who wrote the code when the site first launched, I'm guessing COMC will continue to blame the server rather than move to a more suitable software platform for the kind of site it is...
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #1064 (permalink)

I gotta say it is a solid site. Thanks!
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #1065 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
It's not the server. It's the software the site is run on. But considering who wrote the code when the site first launched, I'm guessing COMC will continue to blame the server rather than move to a more suitable software platform for the kind of site it is...
Well that's a bummer. Hopefully they upgrade it in the near future.
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #1066 (permalink)

SO how do you change your email on the site?

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #1067 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Nuggets - I'd email Tim or call them, i dont see anything on the site that will allow you to do this.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #1068 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

anyone else having trouble seeing images on comc? My computer is not letting me see anything, every other website is working fine for me so I wondered if anyone else is having the same problem?
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #1069 (permalink)

Well...the updates helped for a month or slow, but the site feels SLOOOOOOWWWWW again . It's been quite frustrating to use the site for a few days now, and it concerns me that it scares away new potential buyers to the site.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #1070 (permalink)

has sportscardgirl tried to hack into comc again?
I don't think I have noticed a difference. I think it has been working fine, though I haven't been looking at many cards to purchase.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #1071 (permalink)

Howdy!

I keep getting error messages with the COMC bulk editing tool. Whenever I try to download my inventory into the tool, it stops partway through and gives me an error message:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: CheckOutMyCards Price Editing v0.13.1306 has encountered an error processing the XML schema in file 'COMC_BulkPrice_Editing_Inventory.xml'.

Illegal xml character.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function or [Event Procedure].
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.

This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For example, if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is fired.

I have no idea what I just typed, but hopefully someone at COMC can figure it out. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #1072 (permalink)

Howdy! I'm still getting the same error message as before.

Do people from COMC still monitor this thread?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #1073 (permalink)

Hi, this is Jeremy with Check Out My Cards.
I personally don't know a thing about Microsoft Access error messages, but I'll check with the computer gurus to see what's jamming up the process for you. Hopefully we can get it resolved.
Thanks!

-J
Old 05-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #1074 (permalink)

Thanks Jeremy! I really appreciate you taking the time to investigate this issue.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #1075 (permalink)

How do you read the data from the monthly sales stats download? Do I need a special template? I opened the file in Word and it is just a blob of letters and numbers.