Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #1076 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
How do you read the data from the monthly sales stats download? Do I need a special template? I opened the file in Word and it is just a blob of letters and numbers.
It should be CSV, so the free spreadsheet application from open office would work - OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #1077 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
How do you read the data from the monthly sales stats download? Do I need a special template? I opened the file in Word and it is just a blob of letters and numbers.
Import it into Excel, that will work much better than Word.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #1078 (permalink)

Has anyone ever had a batch NOT meet the processing deadline? Sometimes mine have looked like they will, but then will jump from 30% to complete at the stroke of midnight. Sometimes I wouldn't mind them slipping a day or two to save some money.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #1079 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
Has anyone ever had a batch NOT meet the processing deadline? Sometimes mine have looked like they will, but then will jump from 30% to complete at the stroke of midnight. Sometimes I wouldn't mind them slipping a day or two to save some money.
I think they have too many people working there now to go over. they do go to the end of the deadline though. Back in the day of real growing pains the finish dates would change a lot. Now they seem to get it right on or even early.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #1080 (permalink)

Just had a couple batches uploaded to the site and I was shocked that I am going to be getting 2 cards returned?! I know for a fact everything I sent in is a legit card listed in Beckett and everything is in nm-mint condition so I am very curious to see what they're sending back to me. How does that work with the returns? Can I have them shipped in bulk with the other stuff I've bought or are they gonna rape a few bucks out of me? Personally, as long as they're not decent gu or autos, throw them away and save me the hassle!
dirtydistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #1081 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
Just had a couple batches uploaded to the site and I was shocked that I am going to be getting 2 cards returned?! I know for a fact everything I sent in is a legit card listed in Beckett and everything is in nm-mint condition so I am very curious to see what they're sending back to me. How does that work with the returns? Can I have them shipped in bulk with the other stuff I've bought or are they gonna rape a few bucks out of me? Personally, as long as they're not decent gu or autos, throw them away and save me the hassle!
From my experience they will hold them until you do a shipment of purchased cards and just ship them together. And no, they won't charge extra shipping for the returned cards.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #1082 (permalink)

I just had my first 2 cards rejected also and I'm anxious to see what they are. I know that they will not accept redemption cards, but I didn't send any of those.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #1083 (permalink)

Dirty! Welcome to BO. I can attest that dirty is a great member from over at TR.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #1084 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
It should be CSV, so the free spreadsheet application from open office would work - OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
Import it into Excel, that will work much better than Word.
Thanks for the tips! Now I just need to teach myself more spreadsheet codes.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #1085 (permalink)

How or where do you find the COMC tool to discount items all at once instead of one by one?
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #1086 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
How or where do you find the COMC tool to discount items all at once instead of one by one?
Here is the download page..

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #1087 (permalink)

Hey, everyone. Just a heads-up that CheckOutMyCards.com will be down for a few hours tonight as we implement some major back-end code upgrades. When the dust settles in the wee hours of the morning the site will be back, and hopefully better than ever.
In the meantime, Check out our processing special!

-Jeremy
COMC Customer Service
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #1088 (permalink)

Has anyone noticed a lot of the cards that posted today, that didn't already have a card in stock are all N/A for their book value? Things that obviously have a BV like a 1992 Bowman Mike Mussina. I am wondering if it is just a glitch with the latest upgrade (as I also noticed you can't search cards via PSA or BGS), even though they are on the site. It seems the search is a bit messed up. I emailed about the latter problem and the fact numbered cards don't seem to have the numbers with the card anymore, so you don't know from just a general search what a Tristar green is #d to for example, without looking at it now. Before it had /25 or whatever it is.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #1089 (permalink)

I had my whole batch come up with no BV when I was pricing today. I also noticed when searching cards that quite often the results would have the same card 2 or 3 times.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #1090 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Has anyone noticed a lot of the cards that posted today, that didn't already have a card in stock are all N/A for their book value? Things that obviously have a BV like a 1992 Bowman Mike Mussina. I am wondering if it is just a glitch with the latest upgrade (as I also noticed you can't search cards via PSA or BGS), even though they are on the site. It seems the search is a bit messed up. I emailed about the latter problem and the fact numbered cards don't seem to have the numbers with the card anymore, so you don't know from just a general search what a Tristar green is #d to for example, without looking at it now. Before it had /25 or whatever it is.
Same exact problem on my end...I'm sure it will get fixed via 24 hours
BeingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #1091 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
I had my whole batch come up with no BV when I was pricing today. I also noticed when searching cards that quite often the results would have the same card 2 or 3 times.
It's true, there's definitely a few gremlins in the system that we're working hard to track down. Thanks very much for your patience.

-J
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #1092 (permalink)

Hey @Jester

I wanted to buy a Voucher for 500 cards at 0.15 but being in Canada, calling is kind of complicated.

Can I do it using emails and Paypal?

Let me know
Old 05-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #1093 (permalink)

So I have a question about the thickness of cards. My last batch I wound up getting the oversized charge because I wasn't aware of it and sent in some Sweet Spot helmets. I have some Sp Authentic Rookie Authentics patches and auto/patches from football that I'm thinking of sending in, does anyone, possibly Jeremy could chime in, know if these are considered oversized or if the normal processing rate applies?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #1094 (permalink)

Quote:
So I have a question about the thickness of cards. My last batch I wound up getting the oversized charge because I wasn't aware of it and sent in some Sweet Spot helmets. I have some Sp Authentic Rookie Authentics patches and auto/patches from football that I'm thinking of sending in, does anyone, possibly Jeremy could chime in, know if these are considered oversized or if the normal processing rate applies?
I had the same issue. I've sent plenty of super-thick cards such as Exquisite and haven't ever had an extra fee. However I recently sent some of the Jordan Supreme Court floor cards from SP Authentic and got charged the oversize fee. I think those are 200-pt, which is the thickest I've seen.

It would be nice to have some clarification. I was hoping to send some Leaf Ultimate football, which is advertised as 180-pt thickness. I expect oversize for graded and encased cards, but I'd like to know where the line is drawn with standard-size cards. This also can affect sales, since the buyer is also charged an extra oversize shipping fee.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #1095 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care4Card View Post
Hey @Jester

I wanted to buy a Voucher for 500 cards at 0.15 but being in Canada, calling is kind of complicated.

Can I do it using emails and Paypal?

Let me know
I've sent you an email. Thanks,

-J
Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #1096 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I had the same issue. I've sent plenty of super-thick cards such as Exquisite and haven't ever had an extra fee. However I recently sent some of the Jordan Supreme Court floor cards from SP Authentic and got charged the oversize fee. I think those are 200-pt, which is the thickest I've seen.

It would be nice to have some clarification. I was hoping to send some Leaf Ultimate football, which is advertised as 180-pt thickness. I expect oversize for graded and encased cards, but I'd like to know where the line is drawn with standard-size cards. This also can affect sales, since the buyer is also charged an extra oversize shipping fee.
That is a great question, and I'm actually working on a document for our website that will hopefully clarify exactly what counts as "normal" and what is "special sized". The trick is that I want people to be able to print out the doc and compare their cards to some handy silhouettes, so I've got to design it in a format that will print images the same size no matter what web browser or print software people use (which rules out a .pdf or .doc format). If anyone has more document creation experience than me (very likely), my ears are open.

Here's the official size info, text version.

LENGTH and HEIGHT - Your card is considered normal sized if it falls into one of these two categories:
If it is no more than 3.5 inches wide x 3.5 inches tall
OR
If it is no more than 2.6 inches wide x 5.25 inches tall

THICKNESS
Regardless of dimensions, your card is considered 'Special Sized' if it is more than 130pt in thickness - about 1/10th of an inch.

That means tall basketball cards, vintage cards, and many of the oversize a&g cards can all be processed as normal sized. Bat barrel / helmet cards, folding Triple Threads cards, and the like are too thick.

WHY? (don't feel like you have to read this if you're not interested)
Our business does well because we have found clever ways to do things very quickly with consistent quality. Any time we charge extra it is because a certain situation has made it harder for us to do one of those two things. In this case, scanning thicker cards takes a different process than regular ones - it's slower and harder to do well. We don't want to be jerks about it, of course, which is why we picked the cutoff at 130pt instead of 50pt. I hope to get the official document on the website soon.

Okay, so that was probably more explanation than anybody really needed. But there you go. COMC: boldly boring our fanbase where no company has bored before.

Cheers.

-J

Last edited by Jester; 05-25-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1097 (permalink)

Thanks, you're doing a great job buddy. Always been helpful on here and when I do business with you over the phone like earlier today. Which I forgot to ask you. In regards to my previous question, the Sp Authentic rookie authentics patch/autos, would they be standard or oversized. Might hold off on sending them in with this batch as I'm gonna try and rush to get one packaged to beat June 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That is a great question, and I'm actually working on a document for our website that will hopefully clarify exactly what counts as "normal" and what is "special sized". The trick is that I want people to be able to print out the doc and compare their cards to some handy silhouettes, so I've got to design it in a format that will print images the same size no matter what web browser or print software people use (which rules out a .pdf or .doc format). If anyone has more document creation experience than me (very likely), my ears are open.

Here's the official size info, text version.

LENGTH and HEIGHT - Your card is considered normal sized if it falls into one of these two categories:
If it is no more than 3.5 inches wide x 3.5 inches tall
OR
If it is no more than 2.6 inches wide x 5.25 inches tall

THICKNESS
Regardless of dimensions, your card is considered 'Special Sized' if it is more than 130pt in thickness - about 1/10th of an inch.

That means tall basketball cards, vintage cards, and many of the oversize a&g cards can all be processed as normal sized. Bat barrel / helmet cards, folding Triple Threads cards, and the like are too thick.

WHY? (don't feel like you have to read this if you're not interested)
Our business does well because we have found clever ways to do things very quickly with consistent quality. Any time we charge extra it is because a certain situation has made it harder for us to do one of those two things. In this case, scanning thicker cards takes a different process than regular ones - it's slower and harder to do well. We don't want to be jerks about it, of course, which is why we picked the cutoff at 130pt instead of 50pt. I hope to get the official document on the website soon.

Okay, so that was probably more explanation than anybody really needed. But there you go. COMC: boldly boring our fanbase where no company has bored before.

Cheers.

-J
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #1098 (permalink)

Browsing by year/set seems a bit off. This is most noticeable in 2011 baseball. Is this related to the recent upgrades?
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #1099 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, you're doing a great job buddy. Always been helpful on here and when I do business with you over the phone like earlier today. Which I forgot to ask you. In regards to my previous question, the Sp Authentic rookie authentics patch/autos, would they be standard or oversized. Might hold off on sending them in with this batch as I'm gonna try and rush to get one packaged to beat June 1.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. We don't have any of the rookie authentics patch/autos in right now so I'm not 100% sure, but I think we can process those as standard size cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Browsing by year/set seems a bit off. This is most noticeable in 2011 baseball. Is this related to the recent upgrades?
Very possibly. I've sent you a PM. Thanks!

-J
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #1100 (permalink)

Jester...for the 15 cent special...do the cards need to be received in house by 6/1 to be posted 7/1?