Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #1101 (permalink)

Jeremy, I was unsure of the process in mailing in the .15 special cards so I just wrote .15 cent processing test on the box and also Attn: Jeremy. Just so you're aware I have a batch of hopefully 500(might be a card or 2 short or over as I was rushing to get them out yesterday) cards coming in. Being that I purchased the vouchers over the phone from you, I just want to make sure we're on the same page with the voucher being used and not another form of processing. Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #1102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisk-factor75 View Post
Jester...for the 15 cent special...do the cards need to be received in house by 6/1 to be posted 7/1?
Yes, we need to get them here by the end of 6/1. Otherwise the cards will be given 8-week processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
Jeremy, I was unsure of the process in mailing in the .15 special cards so I just wrote .15 cent processing test on the box and also Attn: Jeremy. Just so you're aware I have a batch of hopefully 500(might be a card or 2 short or over as I was rushing to get them out yesterday) cards coming in. Being that I purchased the vouchers over the phone from you, I just want to make sure we're on the same page with the voucher being used and not another form of processing. Thanks
That's a perfect way to do it. We never sweat it when a "batch" is a few cards off either way. Nickel-and-diming people won't get a business very far anymore

Thanks,
-J
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #1103 (permalink)

So I'm back with another question for seasoned COMC users. The question deals with a pricing strategy. Right now when I enter my cards to the site, I make sure my card is the cheapest on site whether it is at full book or 90% off, I let the other cards on the site dictate what I sell mine at. However, it seems like a lot of cards won't sell at full book either unless u have a hardcore player or set collector that needs that card, so what's the best way to price my stuff. Like I don't want to have an immediate firesale as I'm not that desperate to move stuff, but would like to generate some more sales.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #1104 (permalink)

Default New Classified Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
There needs to be a change in the way Port purchases are made. I agreed to purchase another users port on Thursday, we both contacted COMC on Thursday to complete the deal. Here it is Sunday and nothing has been done yet! All you need to do is allow the sellers to set there own port sale percentage limits. There is no excuse for dragging out the process for days when a deal has been made AND you have been contacted by the seller and buyer.
I like the new classified service that is being offered. My only suggestion would be to eliminate or lower dramitically the default minimum percentage on a port sale. An example is of Witt36 (6/20/2011) port post. He's willing to take 87% off however when I attempt to make the purchase, it won't accept my offer as I cannot go below 50% below his asking price. Now, for me to make this transaction, I need to communicate with Witt36 (I don't know how to do that) or call customer service tomorrow (which I don't have time to do).

Needless to say, classifieds are a great idea of highlighting and allowing users to give a better picture of what they are willing to accept on offers but still needs to be tweaked.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #1105 (permalink)

While they have not been as frequent as they were, the error messages when trying to log in or search cards is still a problem. If this is what a potential new customer is getting I do not believe they will be returning.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #1106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflasvegas View Post
I like the new classified service that is being offered. My only suggestion would be to eliminate or lower dramitically the default minimum percentage on a port sale. An example is of Witt36 (6/20/2011) port post. He's willing to take 87% off however when I attempt to make the purchase, it won't accept my offer as I cannot go below 50% below his asking price. Now, for me to make this transaction, I need to communicate with Witt36 (I don't know how to do that) or call customer service tomorrow (which I don't have time to do).

Needless to say, classifieds are a great idea of highlighting and allowing users to give a better picture of what they are willing to accept on offers but still needs to be tweaked.
Thanks, JLV. We're definitely treating the new Classifieds as a community-driven feature. We want to know how people want to use them, and what we can do to make them more usable. I know for sure that we're already looking into a function to responsibly offer port purchases for lower than 50% asking price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
While they have not been as frequent as they were, the error messages when trying to log in or search cards is still a problem. If this is what a potential new customer is getting I do not believe they will be returning.
I'll check with the web team about this. We've been experiencing some hiccups on our end too, so we definitely want to smooth things out for the exact reason you noted.

Thanks,
-J
Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #1107 (permalink)

Cash-out question - if I cash out via Paypal are there Paypal fees in addition to the 20% cash-out fee? If that's the case, I'm guessing check is the best method for larger transactions.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #1108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Cash-out question - if I cash out via Paypal are there Paypal fees in addition to the 20% cash-out fee? If that's the case, I'm guessing check is the best method for larger transactions.
No, the only fees are the COMC fees, so if your final cash-out number from them was $100, that is what shows up in your PP account.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #1109 (permalink)

Location: Originally from Indiana, currently live in New York

This is probably a stupid question, but i was curious on the processing time. If you choose the 4-week price that is just a guarantee that the cards will be up no longer than 4 weeks, correct? Do they ever come up before the 4 weeks is up?
stang66dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #1110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang66dad View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but i was curious on the processing time. If you choose the 4-week price that is just a guarantee that the cards will be up no longer than 4 weeks, correct? Do they ever come up before the 4 weeks is up?

Yes they do, it is common for them to pop a few days to a week early.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #1111 (permalink)

Suggestion for the classified ads port sales, it takes awhile for CMC to email you back when you want to buy a port for more then 50% off, there has to be a way to do an instant buy off classified ads so people do not buy cards off the port you want to buy.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #1112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Suggestion for the classified ads port sales, it takes awhile for CMC to email you back when you want to buy a port for more then 50% off, there has to be a way to do an instant buy off classified ads so people do not buy cards off the port you want to buy.
I feel the same way. Right now all our energy is going into prep for the National, but when our team gets back we're definitely going to start working on improving the features and functionality of classified ads.
Thanks!

-Jeremy
Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #1113 (permalink)

Is anyone else getting a certificate error when trying to sign in to COMC?
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #1114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Is anyone else getting a certificate error when trying to sign in to COMC?
I'm afraid everyone is getting this error (including us internally). We're working hard to correct it, but the good news is that the site is still secure. Nothing's been hacked or compromised.
Thanks, and sorry for the annoyance.

-Jeremy
Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #1115 (permalink)

Fixed now. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

-Jeremy
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #1116 (permalink)

[Redacted! Shh, or I might get in trouble...]

-Jeremy

Last edited by Jester; 07-25-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #1117 (permalink)

Can't wait for Chicago.

Last edited by SwagCards; 07-25-2011 at 08:39 PM.
SwagCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #1118 (permalink)

I believe he means they obtained the domain name www.comc . com as well as checkoutmycards

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #1119 (permalink)

Jeremy, thanks for always taking care of any issue that we have!

Last edited by SwagCards; 07-25-2011 at 08:40 PM.
SwagCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #1120 (permalink)

Hey, could you guys edit your posts to remove this info? I was given the OK to casually announce this at first, but then Tim thought better of it and wanted to do a Big Thing.
Thanks,

-J
Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #1121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I feel the same way. Right now all our energy is going into prep for the National, but when our team gets back we're definitely going to start working on improving the features and functionality of classified ads.
Thanks!

-Jeremy
good I hope you guys can make a 1 click offer for ports that is instant cause I wanted a port last week, offered the value he wanted and never got a response...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #1122 (permalink)

So what is the special at the National?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #1123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
So what is the special at the National?
I'm also curious about what I missed out on. Next year I'll be in Baltimore and hope COMC has another good deal!
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #1124 (permalink)

I received a small hint about what they were planning to unveil at the National, and if there is truth to it than I believe it will greatly help their site traffic.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #1125 (permalink)

Fyi, Tim is taking some well-deserved time off after getting back from Chicago so I don't know when any official reports, new features, or future plans will start to be released on the blog.

-Jeremy