Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #1126 (permalink)
Banned

very upset about a purchase, can someone contact me from comc. thanks
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #1127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
very upset about a purchase, can someone contact me from comc. thanks

They have a toll free number, and every time I call I get straight through to someone. Maybe you should try to ring them.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #1128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
They have a toll free number, and every time I call I get straight through to someone. Maybe you should try to ring them.
Thanks, but NO ANSWER... i guess they are too big and are starting to get careless with all those 5,000,000 cards they got. Bummer.

Emailed = No answer
Called = No answer, No returned
Posted = No answer

I guess ebay is better sometimes. Atleast a human answers and gives me a fkd up answer that piss me off. lol.

Last edited by amazingpacks; 08-17-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #1129 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, but NO ANSWER... i guess they are too big and are starting to get careless with all those 5,000,000 cards they got. Bummer.

Emailed = No answer
Posted = No answer

I guess ebay is better sometimes. Atleast a human answers and gives me a fkd up answer that piss me off. lol.
impatient much?
They are also in Washington State so depending on when you tried(wherever you live) they might not even have been in yet. They also probably have a whole bunch of other emails and calls before yours. Personally I have left a message and got a call the next day, I have not received emailed responses but I have received PMs from a few of the guys here. PM Jester as he works for them and might log on as soon as he see's he has a message on here. I'd hate to be on the other end of a "Peggy" call with you going by this post of yours.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #1130 (permalink)

I also have gotten through on every call, just be fair with them and they will take care of you.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #1131 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Emailed = No answer
Posted = No answer

Solved. got a call and it was a program glitch.
thanks comc
Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #1132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
impatient much?
They are also in Washington State so depending on when you tried(wherever you live) they might not even have been in yet. They also probably have a whole bunch of other emails and calls before yours. Personally I have left a message and got a call the next day, I have not received emailed responses but I have received PMs from a few of the guys here. PM Jester as he works for them and might log on as soon as he see's he has a message on here. I'd hate to be on the other end of a "Peggy" call with you going by this post of yours.
They took care of the problem.

I am on the west coast. To answer your statement. COMC is an actual business, so i treat them as C2B and expect an answer fast when they have a contact and business hours posted on the site(not to be confused with a individual seller on ebay that has a job and selling cards as a hobby). Again,They did a great job in response and resolved the problem fast.

carry on.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #1133 (permalink)

Is it just me or can you not buy BO gift certificates anymore?

edit: NVM, i found it. They took the "wax" button off the banner which threw me off.

Last edited by anusinha; 08-17-2011 at 10:59 PM.
anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #1134 (permalink)

***Erased***
Supercollecting Dillon Overton

Last edited by Mrpokey; 08-22-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Mrpokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #1135 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

i have some lots on ebay these are great for you guys that do sports lots , COMC tons of photos

Large Lots On ebay We are clearing out our inventory
Old 09-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #1136 (permalink)

I have a suggestion. I would like to be able to see the date that I originally added or purchased a card when I receive an offer. I would be more inclined to accept an offer on a card I sent in a year ago than 2 weeks ago, but it is too hard to access this information currently. Also, I would like to be able to see the date a card was added to my account on the main page for each card that sells.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #1137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I have a suggestion. I would like to be able to see the date that I originally added or purchased a card when I receive an offer. I would be more inclined to accept an offer on a card I sent in a year ago than 2 weeks ago, but it is too hard to access this information currently. Also, I would like to be able to see the date a card was added to my account on the main page for each card that sells.
I think that's a good idea. We've got a few things dominating our attention right now, but I'm going to add that to the feature request list and see if we can sneak it in whenever we do our next offer update.
Thanks!

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #1138 (permalink)

Question regarding classified ads: how is home-page placement rate determined? It seems like only the most recent 5-10 ads get rotated in when refreshing the home page, or does rotation change periodically? Your answer will help me determine if it's better to do several short promotions or one longer one .
Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #1139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Question regarding classified ads: how is home-page placement rate determined? It seems like only the most recent 5-10 ads get rotated in when refreshing the home page, or does rotation change periodically? Your answer will help me determine if it's better to do several short promotions or one longer one .
Serious question is why am I paying $30 for an ad with the same main-page exposure as a $7 ad? Any way I can break my 30 days 4 ways?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #1140 (permalink)

Quote:
So this is a longer answer than you were probably looking for, but here goes:
Tim wanted a way for display time to be fair for the classified ads. If it was totally random then someone posting an ad for one day might get close to zero views by bad luck. On the other hand, if you pay for your ad to run longer, it should receive commensorately more views over the course of its run, since that's what you're paying for. He designed a system nicknamed "favor" to regulate the randomness. You can imagine favor like a bank account. We can pretend that when an ad first runs it has a hypothetical bank account. When the random ad picker looks for ads to display on the home page, it can be digitally "bribed" (note: NOT ACTUALLY BRIBED. THIS IS AN ANALOGY) to be somewhat more likely to pick any ad with favor remaining, and the favor decreases for each time this happens until it reaches zero - at that point the ad will still display, but with the exact same odds of displaying as every other ad with zero favor. What it amounts to is that one-day ads will get a good amount of views - probably more than true randomness would cause, but not exculsive display, since the favor only makes an ad more likely to be picked. The longer you request your ad to run, the more favor it is assigned. The net effect of all this is that ad display becomes self-regulating over time - everyone ends up with about the same homepage ad views per day. If an ad has been randomly picked a lot, it will run out of favor faster, and then it will start displaying less often. The reverse is true as well.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Old 09-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #1141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So this is a longer answer than you were probably looking for, but here goes:
Tim wanted a way for display time to be fair for the classified ads. If it was totally random then someone posting an ad for one day might get close to zero views by bad luck. On the other hand, if you pay for your ad to run longer, it should receive commensorately more views over the course of its run, since that's what you're paying for. He designed a system nicknamed "favor" to regulate the randomness. You can imagine favor like a bank account. We can pretend that when an ad first runs it has a hypothetical bank account. When the random ad picker looks for ads to display on the home page, it can be digitally "bribed" (note: NOT ACTUALLY BRIBED. THIS IS AN ANALOGY) to be somewhat more likely to pick any ad with favor remaining, and the favor decreases for each time this happens until it reaches zero - at that point the ad will still display, but with the exact same odds of displaying as every other ad with zero favor. What it amounts to is that one-day ads will get a good amount of views - probably more than true randomness would cause, but not exculsive display, since the favor only makes an ad more likely to be picked. The longer you request your ad to run, the more favor it is assigned. The net effect of all this is that ad display becomes self-regulating over time - everyone ends up with about the same homepage ad views per day. If an ad has been randomly picked a lot, it will run out of favor faster, and then it will start displaying less often. The reverse is true as well.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Thanks for the reply Jeremy. I appreciate the reply and I think I understand what you mean. It still seems to me that it would drive much more traffic for the same money to have several shorter ads than one long one...at least this is what I'm seeing from my initial experiences with having both short and long duration ads.

Seperate question, does COMC do anything to correct misleading ads on the homepage? One newer ad is marketing "Accepting All Offers" in it's title for this weekend...so I spend time digging for a few deals, only to have them countered or rejected. That's cool if they don't want to sell the cards for that price, but don't advertise what you're not willing to sell for and waste everybody's time.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #1142 (permalink)

Quote:
Seperate question, does COMC do anything to correct misleading ads on the homepage? One newer ad is marketing "Accepting All Offers" in it's title for this weekend...so I spend time digging for a few deals, only to have them countered or rejected. That's cool if they don't want to sell the cards for that price, but don't advertise what you're not willing to sell for and waste everybody's time.
Short answer: Any time someone is not adhering to their posted advertisement, we appreciate being notified. More nuanced: That being said, sometimes things happen - maybe the seller receives more than one offer on the same card so they have to pick one to accept and one to decline. Maybe you made an offer on five cards but one sold to another buyer first. In the second situation, the seller can either make a counteroffer for the remaining cards or decline, but can't accept.
If you reply to an "accepting all offers" ad with an offer that is then countered or declined and it's clear that the card hasn't been bought by another buyer (it's still for sale by the original seller a day later, for example) that's the kind of thing we take very seriously, and folks can lose their posting priveleges because of it.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #1143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Short answer: Any time someone is not adhering to their posted advertisement, we appreciate being notified. More nuanced: That being said, sometimes things happen - maybe the seller receives more than one offer on the same card so they have to pick one to accept and one to decline. Maybe you made an offer on five cards but one sold to another buyer first. In the second situation, the seller can either make a counteroffer for the remaining cards or decline, but can't accept.
If you reply to an "accepting all offers" ad with an offer that is then countered or declined and it's clear that the card hasn't been bought by another buyer (it's still for sale by the original seller a day later, for example) that's the kind of thing we take very seriously, and folks can lose their posting priveleges because of it.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Sounds good Jeremy. After checking again tonight, it's quite clear the cards are still available and I'm getting counter-offered or rejected in my offers. The same thing happened tonight when I made offers on several single cards.

I'll send you a PM to the listing. You can verify it yourself by sending some 50% offers on their lower-priced GUs.

Thanks,
-Chad
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #1144 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds good Jeremy. After checking again tonight, it's quite clear the cards are still available and I'm getting counter-offered or rejected in my offers. The same thing happened tonight when I made offers on several single cards.

I'll send you a PM to the listing. You can verify it yourself by sending some 50% offers on their lower-priced GUs.

Thanks,
-Chad
Please feel free to post the seller that isn't honoring their add on here too, so the rest of us don't waste our time. I can't imagine how furious I would be, I have spent hours going through sale inventory before.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #1145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagCards View Post
Please feel free to post the seller that isn't honoring their add on here too, so the rest of us don't waste our time. I can't imagine how furious I would be, I have spent hours going through sale inventory before.
I PM'd Jeremy the ad link, so they will look into it closer and discipline as necessary. The ad is actually no longer up...it was a "weekend" sale which was up into Monday from what I saw.

-Chad
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #1146 (permalink)

Hi all,
New to COMC and still learning but the basic question that keeps coming up is how can you make any money with a 20% cash out fee? There are also initial fees per card (while these are relatively low they have to be taken into account). I just don't get how anyone makes money with 20% coming right off the top. Ebay may be bad but the fees are not that high. Confused.
Swivelhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #1147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swivelhip View Post
Hi all,
New to COMC and still learning but the basic question that keeps coming up is how can you make any money with a 20% cash out fee? There are also initial fees per card (while these are relatively low they have to be taken into account). I just don't get how anyone makes money with 20% coming right off the top. Ebay may be bad but the fees are not that high. Confused.
Considering you only take a hit when "cashing out"...if you apply your earned credit towards sending in more cards, shipping fees, buying more cards, etc. the fee would only apply to the final "net". If you are looking to send->dump->cashout...yes, it would work to be a higher fee, but you are paying for convenience and the sole fact that you don't have to dick around with every $1-2 card transaction. Some cards sell better on eBay, but many other cards which you wouldn't even think to sell in an eBay listing sell GREAT on COMC.

Most sellers I know send->use credit to send more->use credit to send more->use credit to buy singles to send home for shows/PC, flip, or get BO gift cards (much less than 20%)...perhaps pull some cash out from time to time as well. At least this is what I do.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #1148 (permalink)

Psst... you may have heard COMC is running an "international shipping special" this weekend. Between you and me, it's actually available to anyone who buys their cards with store credit. $5 for the first ten cards, $0.10 for each additional card. Just pick "Special" for your shipping option when you check out.

-Jeremy
Old 09-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #1149 (permalink)

Quote:
but you are paying for convenience and the sole fact that you don't have to dick around with every $1-2 card transaction. Some cards sell better on eBay, but many other cards which you wouldn't even think to sell in an eBay listing sell GREAT on COMC.
I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner since I've been on COMC so long, but I recently sent in my first couple batches of cards to COMC. As many know I'm not on eBay so if I can't sell stuff here where else do I go?

Anyway, case in point, stuff that was basically gathering dust here turned into just under $150 in under a couple weeks, INCLUDING a decent amount of cards in the $1-$2 range that I couldn't GIVE AWAY anywhere else. Not bad...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #1150 (permalink)

FYI I just had a seller who has an advertised 50% sale reject my offer on a card and then list the card for a higher asking price. I've sent Jeremy a pm and i have also sent comc notice on it. I know it's the weekend and they might not see anything until Monday. I'm not ready to out the seller yet, but that is a BS move. They used to be on here but not active in over 2 years.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote