Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #1151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
FYI I just had a seller who has an advertised 50% sale reject my offer on a card and then list the card for a higher asking price. I've sent Jeremy a pm and i have also sent comc notice on it. I know it's the weekend and they might not see anything until Monday. I'm not ready to out the seller yet, but that is a BS move. They used to be on here but not active in over 2 years.
Also just had a seller counter on a port sale, when I sent the advertised price they were asking for it?! This whole port for X dollars...sent that amount and got countered with a few hundred dollars more. My guess is they were figuring someone would still take what they were countering with. Will have to also let COMC know about it.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #1152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Also just had a seller counter on a port sale, when I sent the advertised price they were asking for it?! This whole port for X dollars...sent that amount and got countered with a few hundred dollars more. My guess is they were figuring someone would still take what they were countering with. Will have to also let COMC know about it.
I had the same thing. I simply countered my original offer thinking I might have screwed up and the offer went through the second time.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #1153 (permalink)

Hey guys,

There was just a big mess up with my latest batch that i submitted. I put in for 2 of the cards to be 1 week, and COMC put in the wrong two cards. I wrote an email, but I usually don't get replies to those. Jester or one of the COMC guys, please pm for details, as the two cards were due tomorrow, and i'd like to make sure the right two get in.

Thanks!
password- jetscollector

Last edited by jetscollector10; 10-09-2011 at 10:56 PM.
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #1154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Hey guys,

There was just a big mess up with my latest batch that i submitted. I put in for 2 of the cards to be 1 week, and COMC put in the wrong two cards. I wrote an email, but I usually don't get replies to those. Jester or one of the COMC guys, please pm for details, as the two cards were due tomorrow, and i'd like to make sure the right two get in.

Thanks!
Hi, I got your email and we'll check into this right away.
Thanks,
-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #1155 (permalink)

Yet another seller with an ad stating "accepting all offers" and they ended up picking and choosing what offers they rejected and took. This is just bad business, and the two sellers that have done this the last two weeks have lost mine. I spend a lot on COMC, but will now use that $ elsewhere on the site. My worry is when/if this happens to customers who are newer on there, and they think people don't honor their word, and it reflects on the site as a whole. I suppose when you find sellers who do though, you stick with them. I know I do.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #1156 (permalink)

Quote:
Yet another seller with an ad stating "accepting all offers" and they ended up picking and choosing what offers they rejected and took. This is just bad business, and the two sellers that have done this the last two weeks have lost mine. I spend a lot on COMC, but will now use that $ elsewhere on the site. My worry is when/if this happens to customers who are newer on there, and they think people don't honor their word, and it reflects on the site as a whole. I suppose when you find sellers who do though, you stick with them. I know I do.
Could you PM me the usernames of any sellers who appear to be engaging in false advertising?
Thanks,
-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #1157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Could you PM me the usernames of any sellers who appear to be engaging in false advertising?
Thanks,
-Jeremy

I say post the usernames for everyone to see. If it is being done on purpose everyone should be aware of who it is.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #1158 (permalink)

If someone submits a classified ad saying accepting all offers (that COMC has to take the time to approve), why isn't COMC automating the AutoAccept feature?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #1159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
If someone submits a classified ad saying accepting all offers (that COMC has to take the time to approve), why isn't COMC automating the AutoAccept feature?
Valid point.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #1160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Yeah, something really has to be done about this. It makes the site look bad to have people regularly using the site's ad feature to post auto-accept ads they don't intend to honor. I don't think it was as big a deal when people did this with ads they posted here or on facebook. But COMC should not be letting sellers use their classifieds feature for false advertising.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #1161 (permalink)

I just got through posting a thread about a seller who did this to me today on a lot of cards.

His id is
BEESSPORTS
I have no problem calling people out when it is a valid reason.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #1162 (permalink)

I'm confused on the benefit of listing a card and selling it for 19 cents, when it already costs 20 cents to process it. Or is it that the card has probably been lisrted for so long with no bites that they jusy want to break even??
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #1163 (permalink)

Listing fees have not always been 20 cents so if it is an older card then it might have been on the site for some time. There have been specials as well where the listing fees were lowered.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #1164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I'm confused on the benefit of listing a card and selling it for 19 cents, when it already costs 20 cents to process it. Or is it that the card has probably been lisrted for so long with no bites that they jusy want to break even??
Yeah just moving inventory is one, also if you purchase a port, you have many cards that you might have gotten for only .10 cents etc.

Also, and this might be me, but if you sent in a bunch of cards and already got your listing fees back on everything you sent in for that batch and you have some stuff left...you can move them for lower than .20 cents a lot of times.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #1165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
Yeah, something really has to be done about this. It makes the site look bad to have people regularly using the site's ad feature to post auto-accept ads they don't intend to honor. I don't think it was as big a deal when people did this with ads they posted here or on facebook. But COMC should not be letting sellers use their classifieds feature for false advertising.
Yeah exactly as you said, doing that stuff on the BO boards is one thing...but now this can mess with COMC's reputation.

COMC has to seriously look at this, and maybe it should be that ads should only be placed for people who are serious about COMC. Maybe only sellers who pay the $50 monthly fee can place an ad, or have been a seller for X amount of months etc. I know there is a fine line here, but it is similar to building up yourself on Ebay etc. Beessports should obviously be banned from ever doing an ad again, but more should be done...maybe a suspension from selling for weeks, whatever it is, as this is as someone said...similar to bad ebay buyers not coming through on purchases.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #1166 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah just moving inventory is one, also if you purchase a port, you have many cards that you might have gotten for only .10 cents etc.

Also, and this might be me, but if you sent in a bunch of cards and already got your listing fees back on everything you sent in for that batch and you have some stuff left...you can move them for lower than .20 cents a lot of times.
Or, some sellers send in thousands of cards at a time and aren't going to take the time to see what each is selling for before sending them in. I try to avoid sending in regular refractors and base topps inserts for that reason, because once you have sent the card in and realize the lowest price one on the site is $0.18, what option do you have if you want to sell your card? Probably better to take a small loss than have it sit on the site forever. It's certainly not done on purpose.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #1167 (permalink)

Default Is your COMC dashboard slow?

Hi all,

Was wondering if your COMC dashboard was really slow today as well. Also having a problem signing in (takes a long time), it eventually works but is incredibly slow. Not having problems with anything else on the site, but the dashboard and checking offers.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #1168 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi all,

Was wondering if your COMC dashboard was really slow today as well. Also having a problem signing in (takes a long time), it eventually works but is incredibly slow. Not having problems with anything else on the site, but the dashboard and checking offers.
Hey paper,

It was working fine for me today. Hopefully it gets better for you asap.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #1169 (permalink)

Smile Ads.....

Hey All,

I just want to say I have been on COMC for over 2 years and have really enjoyed being on the site. I have had many ads and always honor what I put up as I am sure the many buyers who have bought from me can atest to. I like the ability to be able to post ads without having to pay a premium to do so beyond the regular fee for listing ads. This is simple for COMC to address. If they have "X" number of complaints about a particular seller not honoring their word reject their Ads. Maybe make it for 3 months the 1st time and then if you don't learn you can never post an ad of that nature on the site again. Just a thought.

By the way ACCEPTING ALL OFFERS THIS WEEKEND ONLY. LOOK FORWARD TO UNLOADING SOME INVENTORY.

Thanks All.
bigchili73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #1170 (permalink)

Default Just had my first Amazon/COMC sale!

Pretty cool, it was for .53 cents, lol, but still! Has anyone had one (s) yet? BTW, you will be able to tell in your offer history with the user Amazon showing. It must have been listed for sale at .69, and the 20% offer happened automatically...just as Tim mentioned. Lots of potential with this, very excited.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #1171 (permalink)

Quote:
Pretty cool, it was for .53 cents, lol, but still! Has anyone had one (s) yet? BTW, you will be able to tell in your offer history with the user Amazon showing. It must have been listed for sale at .69, and the 20% offer happened automatically...just as Tim mentioned. Lots of potential with this, very excited.
Congrats! I am going to hold off for now selling on Amazon. I want to find out more information about this service and I may have to adjust some prices. I just want to know, will I be charged another 20 percent if I decide to cash out through COMC after paying the 20% on Amazon?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #1172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Congrats! I am going to hold off for now selling on Amazon. I want to find out more information about this service and I may have to adjust some prices. I just want to know, will I be charged another 20 percent if I decide to cash out through COMC after paying the 20% on Amazon?
Yes, you will. The 20% fee to Amazon comes as an offer of 20% less than your asking price and goes through as a sale automaticaly if you have opted in.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #1173 (permalink)

Quote:
I just looked after I read your post and I had three amazon sales overnight. I was wondering why I had sales with odd prices ($4.79, $1.29, $3.60). I'm testing out the amazon thing, but I don't know if I'll stick with it. Two of those cards I would have happily sold for 20% off if someone had offered on COMC, but the other was probably a little lower than I would have gone. I just don't want to price everything I have 20% higher to compensate for potential amazon sales because it could have negative effects on COMC sales.
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #1174 (permalink)

Quote:
I sold one for about $10 that has been sitting on COMC since I sent it in over a year ago. Exciting stuff.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #1175 (permalink)

I just noticed there are a number of COMC cards listed for sale on Amazon. However, the cards listed seem to be completely random. Could you tell me what this is about? Thanks.