Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #1176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I just noticed there are a number of COMC cards listed for sale on Amazon. However, the cards listed seem to be completely random. Could you tell me what this is about? Thanks.
go to comc.com and view the last few blog postings that are right on the front page. they have a deal going w/amazon to list our cards on both sites. we can opt in and out as sellers.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #1177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
go to comc.com and view the last few blog postings that are right on the front page. they have a deal going w/amazon to list our cards on both sites. we can opt in and out as sellers.
Will do. Should've known something had to be ste up. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #1178 (permalink)

I just have to say, I am so impressed by the COMC crew. Servers are always up and running, staff is pleasant and always on top of their game, quick shipments, quick solutions to any problems that arise.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I just have to say, I am so impressed by the COMC crew. Servers are always up and running, staff is pleasant and always on top of their game, quick shipments, quick solutions to any problems that arise.
Agreed. Knock on wood, but the website has been running impressively smoothly as of late.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #1180 (permalink)

Hi Jeremy,

I have a question that others may have so I will post it here instead of through e-mail.

I had over 87 dollars of storage fees this month. Since my port is so large (and will continue to grow), is there any easy I can see how many cards I have listed under $1? This way, I can calculate if it is cost efficient to upgrade to the $50 a month plan. Thank you...
Old 12-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #1181 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Jeremy,

I have a question that others may have so I will post it here instead of through e-mail.

I had over 87 dollars of storage fees this month. Since my port is so large (and will continue to grow), is there any easy I can see how many cards I have listed under $1? This way, I can calculate if it is cost efficient to upgrade to the $50 a month plan. Thank you...
Good question. I'd like to know if it's cost effective for me to upgrade as well, but haven't found the time to figure it out. It cost me just under $150 today, and I'd love to know if there's a cheaper plan for my inventory.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #1182 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Jeremy,

Use the bulk editor and do a price range to see how many you have between .26 and 1.00.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #1183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
Use the bulk editor and do a price range to see how many you have between .26 and 1.00.
You can do it without the editor by just looking at your inventory as if you were a buyer and sorting by lowest price. I don't think either of you would want to upgrade. You have to have a whole ton of cards to make it worthwhile.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #1184 (permalink)

well...i think they both have like 10,000 cards, so maybe its worthwhile...

of course i just got charged a whopping penny for the 1 card I had on there (my other cards are free for 3 months)...
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #1185 (permalink)

I have around 10,000, but less than 4,000 between .25 and .99. So an upgrade would cost me an extra $10 a month or so.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #1186 (permalink)

I did a rough estimate in trying to figure mine:

I have around 18,000 cards. Around 3600 of which are priced $1 or less. Approximately 2500 of those are already stored for free as they have a price of 25 cents or less. So that leaves me only 1100 cards that I could get free storage on if I pay the $50 per month. They currently only cost me $11 per month, so it appears the $50 per month upgrade won't help me at this time.

Happy to have finally taken the time to figure that out.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #1187 (permalink)

Just got on COMC today and noticed it still hasn't updated prices since early this morning. Hope you guys have caught that Jeremy, as it really makes a difference when you can see the almost instaneous price changes. I think that allows for much more buying to happen.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #1188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Just got on COMC today and noticed it still hasn't updated prices since early this morning. Hope you guys have caught that Jeremy, as it really makes a difference when you can see the almost instaneous price changes. I think that allows for much more buying to happen.
Hi, Papercards. A couple of folks contacted us today and mentioned this. We're looking into it. New cards are added to the site once or twice a day, but price changes on existing inventory should be much more responsive.

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #1189 (permalink)

I just sold a card through amazon, but the site shows it as re-listed for sale under the amazon account. I would imagine that this is some kind of mistake.

2002-03 Pacific Calder #112 - Rick Nash RC (Rookie Card)/825 - CheckOutMyCards.com
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #1190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycards View Post
I just sold a card through amazon, but the site shows it as re-listed for sale under the amazon account. I would imagine that this is some kind of mistake.

2002-03 Pacific Calder #112 - Rick Nash RC (Rookie Card)/825 - CheckOutMyCards.com
Hi, hockeycards. The "Amazon" COMC account is almost 100% automated, so we're still ironing out some hiccups. In this case your card sold as part of a multi-card order, but Amazon allows specific item cancellations and the card bought after yours was cancelled. The Amazon account didn't know what to do so it got stuck in a loop for a while trying to ship the order, failing, relisting the card, trying to ship it, etc. We fixed that bug this morning, but we're still smoothing out the whole process.
Thanks,

-Jeremy
Old 12-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #1191 (permalink)

Are orders cancelled very often on Amazon, and what's the time frame allowed for cancelling an order on one of our cards?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #1192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Are orders cancelled very often on Amazon, and what's the time frame allowed for cancelling an order on one of our cards?

Thanks,

Matt
Hi, mwheeler27. It's pretty rare - less than 1% of orders right now have a partial or whole cancellation. I'm actually not sure what the time frame is, since that's governed by Amazon so we're simply notified.

-Jeremy
Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #1193 (permalink)

Thanks, Jeremy.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #1194 (permalink)

Nevermind I see that they are doing maintenance now.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!

Last edited by washingtonmark; 12-08-2011 at 03:57 AM.
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #1195 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Jeremy,

It is actually easy to figure out. Click on "Manage your Inventory", select "Only cards subject to storage fees" and then change the quantity for the items per page to 100. The click on the "Last Page" at the bottom. Since each page is $1 in storage fees that will give you the whole dollar amount for your fees, if you are on page 101 then your fees are $100 plus a penny for each item showing on the last page.

Then go to "Account Upgrades" on your dashboard and click on the $50 premium upgrade and repeat the steps above. If the number of pages decreases around 50 pages then it is a good idea to keep the premium membership. If it is not then make sure to go back and switch back to the basic account.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #1196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
It is actually easy to figure out. Click on "Manage your Inventory", select "Only cards subject to storage fees" and then change the quantity for the items per page to 100. The click on the "Last Page" at the bottom. Since each page is $1 in storage fees that will give you the whole dollar amount for your fees, if you are on page 101 then your fees are $100 plus a penny for each item showing on the last page.

Then go to "Account Upgrades" on your dashboard and click on the $50 premium upgrade and repeat the steps above. If the number of pages decreases around 50 pages then it is a good idea to keep the premium membership. If it is not then make sure to go back and switch back to the basic account.
Thank you very much! I appreciate it!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #1197 (permalink)

Slow to update pricing again today, hasn't changed prices since this morning except for a few cards. Hope that gets fixed soon, as I have cards I bought the other day and didn't get to price until today and they aren't showing up unfortunately.

Also has anyone had this occur? When you get the recent update pricing, the past few days has been very strange. Is Beckett going haywire? The same cards have been lowered and then gone higher, then lower the next day and now higher again today! Example 2011 Topps Chrome FB refractors. I think I have priced those same cards 4 or 5 times now, lol. Strange stuff.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #1198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Also has anyone had this occur? When you get the recent update pricing, the past few days has been very strange. Is Beckett going haywire? The same cards have been lowered and then gone higher, then lower the next day and now higher again today! Example 2011 Topps Chrome FB refractors. I think I have priced those same cards 4 or 5 times now, lol. Strange stuff.
Yeah, I've had a handful of cards go up and down in price at least 5 times in the last couple days. This has happened a couple times in the past too. I remember last year when all of Yannick Weber's cards went up and down in price a half dozen times in a week. What causes that? Is there a power struggle over at Beckett?
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #1199 (permalink)

I've had a lot of repricing over the past few days, but most of it seemed rational. A lot of it was scarce 1990's parallel cards from sets which are tough to keep in stock on COMC. It appears that Beckett either increased the common price, or started to include more players as "semi-stars" and "minor stars".

If there is a power struggle at Beckett and anyone at COMC is communicating with them, tell them to drop the price of 1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Platinum Hockey cards already.

Cards matching: 1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Platinum - CheckOutMyCards.com

The Beckett multiple on this set is WAY off. For example, the Yzerman books for $120 and there are 129 of them in stock, as low as $8. Mario Lemieux books for $100 and there are 109 of them in stock, as low as $8.

The main reason people even buy these on COMC is to beef up their portfolio with book value before attempting to sell it on COMC for 10% of book. Before COMC introduced their port sale feature, these cards were routinely offered at 95% off guide and could be purchased at a discount even to that.

There are legitimately scarce 1990's parallel sets which are nearly impossible to complete, where the singles sell quickly on COMC. This is not one of those sets. If someone from Beckett wants to determine if a set/player is over valued or undervalued, they should look at COMC, the number of cards available and the offer price of those cards. If there's some 400 card set an only 3 cards from the entire set are available on COMC, it's probably undervalued. If there's over 100 copies of the same card and many of them are being offered at 90% or more off book, then it's probably overvalued.

Also, if anyone is struggling over at Beckett for something to do, tell them to get off their high horse and start pricing the "not priced due to scarcity" stuff. If I'm supposed to make up my own prices on those items, what the heck do I need a price guide for?

Similarly, they could speed up the process of providing pricing data for non-sports cards (especially inserts) and gaming cards (especially rares from non-Magic sets).

THANKS!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #1200 (permalink)

I think the issue with the prices flipping back and forth is some kind of data-syncing issue, possibly within COMC. I noticed that when I go to manage inventory and limit it to cards with price > book, some of the cards whose prices are flipping back and forth are incorrectly showing up.

For instance, this card, whose price has been flipping between $3 and $5: 1996-97 Stadium Club Matrix #23 - Bob Sura - CheckOutMyCards.com

I have it priced at $3.99 and its current book value is $5, but it shows up as having price > book in my inventory.