Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #101 (permalink)

Can someone please let me know if this is correct? I've been trying to decipher the fees involved with getting cards added to COMC and since nowhere is just spelled out in a chart or an example here's what it looks like to me:

For 50 cards it would cost:

50 x $0.15 = $7.50
batch fee = $3.00
total submission cost = $10.50?

On the Montly Storage fee...is that just for sellers who always cash out? Sellers who have never bought?

I really want to submit a stack of cards, but want to be sure I've got it straight before buying the store credit and sending anything in.

Incidentally, the new moratorium on new checklists for pre-2003 sets at Sportlots is largely driving my hopes for COMC since I just picked up a lot of about 1000+ pre-2003 Japanese cards and now I can't get the checklists added to the site (or my inventory).

Thanks!

Last edited by DaClyde; 09-16-2009 at 10:56 PM.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #102 (permalink)

DaClyde,

Yes, you've got the submission cost right in that example (for 8 week turnaround). Each additional card over 50 in your example would be $0.15 more, and you can submit up to 500 cards for the same $3.00 batch fee. Card 501 - 1000 would still be 15 cents per card, but the batch fee would go up to $6.00.

As for storage fees, they are $0.01 per month per card applied at 12:01am on the 1st day of each new month to any cards you have in your inventory that aren't flagged to be shipped. However, the first 3 cycles are free for each card added to the site and still with the original owner. So for example, if you had cards added tonight, your October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st storage fees would be waived for those cards, but you'd be charged on January 1st 2010. If you buy a card from someone else to "flip" (reprice and immediately put back out for sale) then that card is subject to storage fees on the 1st of the month regardless of how long its been on the site. But again, new cards with the original owner have the first 3 storage fee cycles waived. But if you use your example of 50 cards, and all 50 cards are added to the site today and they are all still unsold on January 1st 2010, you would be charged $0.50 for storage (1 cent per card).

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike

Last edited by ohiomike; 09-16-2009 at 11:04 PM.
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #103 (permalink)

Thanks, that clears everything up, I'll start packing up my first lot of cards!

Tim, if you're still hanging around, how do you price foreign and minor league cards that Beckett stopped bothering with years ago? Do you have a copy of Dave Engel's new Japanese Price Guide or anything?
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Thanks, that clears everything up, I'll start packing up my first lot of cards!

Tim, if you're still hanging around, how do you price foreign and minor league cards that Beckett stopped bothering with years ago? Do you have a copy of Dave Engel's new Japanese Price Guide or anything?
Another thing about the storage fees... any card priced at $0.25 or less is exempt from storage fees indefinitely.

Also, I believe COMC uses beckett pricing exclusively. So if a card is not priced by beckett, it will receive a "N/A" for book value.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan131 View Post
Has anyone else sent in cards this month and tried to use the $10 blowout credit? I did and was charged the full amount. I didn't know if I will be getting it back when the cards go live or if they missed it on my order sheet.
Same thing happened to me. I put $20 in my account. The fee would've been $20.50 - $10.00 (discount). I had my BOC username on the order sheet (like they told me to do in an email) and let them know about the discount. They said my cards would not be processed until I made an additional contribution to my account. I emailed them back about the promotion discount yesterday and haven't heard anything. I'll fill you all in when/if I do.
cactus27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus27 View Post
Same thing happened to me. I put $20 in my account. The fee would've been $20.50 - $10.00 (discount). I had my BOC username on the order sheet (like they told me to do in an email) and let them know about the discount. They said my cards would not be processed until I made an additional contribution to my account. I emailed them back about the promotion discount yesterday and haven't heard anything. I'll fill you all in when/if I do.
They charge you the full amount up front and when the cards are processed you get the $10 credit back in your account. I just had my account credited yesterday after sending in cards early in the month.
cubfan131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
They charge you the full amount up front and when the cards are processed you get the $10 credit back in your account. I just had my account credited yesterday after sending in cards early in the month.
Thanks for the info. I hope that's the case. I went ahead and sent in an extra ten just to make sure my cards got processed.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
They did just the opposite with mine...when the cards arrived, they charged removed the correct amount from my account. Last night when the cards were added to the site, the took the $10 credit that I was supposed to receive out of my account. I have emailed Tim to see what happened...just waiting on a response. Hopefully they will fix their mistake quickly...

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #109 (permalink)

I see for the September Promos they have $10 Free Processing when you give them your Blowout ID. Does anybody know if you can use this discount more than once? I want to send in another batch for the 10 cent Priority promo and was wondering. Thanks.
Mr. Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #110 (permalink)

hey tim, any chance you will extend the $10 blowout card offer for october for people who haven't used it yet? i am going to send in a bunch of cards the hockey/basketball promo for october is up, and i would ideally liked to use the blowout cards offer as well. also, i'd like to request that pre-1975 hockey cards and maybe champ's mini natural history cards be part of the 10 cent priority promo.

thanks!
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #111 (permalink)

I have several issues I have noticed:

I have a lot of limited cards that do not show up when doing a player search, the cards are mainly for player/team collectors.

As Fish has requested, when an error has been corrected we are not notified. Can you make it similar to when new cards are listed and you get a note that items need attention?

I would like to see a time limit enforced on fixing errors. There is absolutely no excuse for taking nearly two months to get errors fixed.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #112 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

If anyone is looking to buy a port....I'll sell mine for 95 percent off book value. Just wanna cover the fees for my new shipments being sent in!
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #113 (permalink)

PM sent. Please let me know when you are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
If anyone is looking to buy a port....I'll sell mine for 95 percent off book value. Just wanna cover the fees for my new shipments being sent in!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #114 (permalink)

Default Lowered Prices!

I lowered prices on a few hundred cards. I now have 1100 cards at 25 cents or lower!
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus27 View Post
Thanks for the info. I hope that's the case. I went ahead and sent in an extra ten just to make sure my cards got processed.
Heard back from Steve at COMC and he said the discount is applied after the order is processed.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #116 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

WTG COMC! Requested shipment of my cards that I bought over the past month on Sept 30, and got a shipping notice today that they're being shipped. Think it was about a week and a half last month, so very happy with 2 days...just hope my next shipment to them gets there just as fast!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #117 (permalink)

Just reduced prices on almost 4000 cards---getting ready for the almost 6000 I just sent in.

Take a look and buy buy buy!!

COMC id is: tedsports

Last edited by tedsports; 10-02-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: forgot to include comc id
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
WTG COMC! Requested shipment of my cards that I bought over the past month on Sept 30, and got a shipping notice today that they're being shipped. Think it was about a week and a half last month, so very happy with 2 days...just hope my next shipment to them gets there just as fast!

I don't want to sound like I'm going negative against COMC, because I'm not... but I got the same e-mail today about my order placed on the 30th, and from past experience I know that the cards won't actually be shipped until sometime next week. The last larger order I placed, the cards arrived about 10 days after I received this e-mail, and they were sent Priority mail.

Its still very fast to start the process just 2 days after placing the order when they state it can take up to 2 weeks to get them ready. But the e-mail we received today does not indicate the order has been shipped, only that they are beginning the packaging process. I think they also send you a notification when the shipping label is purchased, but when you try to track the DC number, there is no change in the status for about the first 3-4 days.

So while I'm sure they will get our orders shipped out faster than they state they will, I wouldn't start looking for it until next weekend at the earliest. At least thats been my experience the last couple times I've used bulk shipping.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Default damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad68to96 View Post
I got my first order from COMC today. I ordered 3 low end McCutchen cards I needed. The shipping was fast and professional, but one fo the cards was pretty badly dinged. The bottom right corner is showing alot of white on a blue surface. I'm not trying to complain, it was only a $2-3 card. However, the photo did not show the degree of damage I received.
Let comc.com know because that does not sound right, newer cards should be near mint or better or they get rejected, maybe there are too many cards going thru and scratched ones are getting thru but should not be. i've had older cards then that rejected. keep us updated on this would you?
sportsheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Default limited cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
I have several issues I have noticed:

I have a lot of limited cards that do not show up when doing a player search, the cards are mainly for player/team collectors.

As Fish has requested, when an error has been corrected we are not notified. Can you make it similar to when new cards are listed and you get a note that items need attention?

I would like to see a time limit enforced on fixing errors. There is absolutely no excuse for taking nearly two months to get errors fixed.
i don't understand what kind of cards don't show up what do you mean by limited/team cards? look them up by set. as far as notifying and more rules and paperwork i say no let's just get cards on and its tough enough to check for condition too. in fact i think i will turn off emails for every sale too. offers are ok but its too much email with sales, does that save on computer capacity? maybe tim and comc could share error correcting with sellers just like some computer tasks are shared like looking for missing fliers and planes.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #121 (permalink)
Banned

i couldn't pull up images from comc what am i doing wrong?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

and what exactly does port stand for the way its used here? make an offer on your port?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsheroes View Post
i don't understand what kind of cards don't show up what do you mean by limited/team cards? look them up by set. as far as notifying and more rules and paperwork i say no let's just get cards on and its tough enough to check for condition too. in fact i think i will turn off emails for every sale too. offers are ok but its too much email with sales, does that save on computer capacity? maybe tim and comc could share error correcting with sellers just like some computer tasks are shared like looking for missing fliers and planes.

For example your Lincecum PSA card will not show up if someone does a player search. I have several hundred cards like this that will not show up if doing a player search.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #124 (permalink)
Banned

it seems the graded cards are left out for one.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
For example your Lincecum PSA card will not show up if someone does a player search. I have several hundred cards like this that will not show up if doing a player search.
It worked for me...

Cards matching: Tim Lincecum - CheckOutMyCards.com

EDIT...

Ah... I see. The problem isn't doing a player search, the problem is clicking on their player link on the left side under "Matching Players". It seems like the graded cards disappear when you use their player links.

Last edited by ohiomike; 10-03-2009 at 01:00 PM.