Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #1226 (permalink)

Jeremy,

I have had a problem for the last few weeks and have gotten no response and was wondering what the status is with one of my cards that i have on my account. Its says it still in my account but its not letting me do any edits or save the price for it. its not showing up on my account for sale either. Any idea where we are on this, i have emailed a few times and put the tried to explain it through the "wrong data" function. Please help, its a very high end card and i want make sure it doesnt get lost the longer the problem persist. Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #1227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, folks. I've temporarily been borroed by another department to help get things caught up, so I'm sorry I haven't been around on the forums this past week. Please give Jen and Steve in the customer service department a call if you need any help or have questions, or you can always still email at staff@comc.com
Thanks!
-Jeremy
Jen was very helpful over the phone getting my sale ad posting issue resolved.

"Press 2 for consignment services....please state your name after the tone....beep.........put me in coach...I'm ready to play...today...."

Any hints on a processing special in the future? I'm holding for now, waiting for COMC to flinch first. Right now, you guys are too busy with the move to worry about extra processing, though.

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #1228 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

When the fees page says "Takes x weeks from the date your cards arrive or processing is only x" does that mean total order or per card? *Obviously* I'm 99% sure of the latter, but I wanted to verify out of curiosity since my first batch is 35% ready and tomorrow's the deadline.

I'm mostly just antsy to start playing around with it
Old 02-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #1229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
When the fees page says "Takes x weeks from the date your cards arrive or processing is only x" does that mean total order or per card? *Obviously* I'm 99% sure of the latter, but I wanted to verify out of curiosity since my first batch is 35% ready and tomorrow's the deadline.

I'm mostly just antsy to start playing around with it
They are all uploaded at the same time.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #1230 (permalink)

Has anyone else had any luck getting thedivahalley to stop sending the same offer over and over? Does she eventually give up? I just marked $40 BV cards up to $400 to try to get the message across. It shouldn't be this difficult.
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #1231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycards View Post
Has anyone else had any luck getting thedivahalley to stop sending the same offer over and over? Does she eventually give up? I just marked $40 BV cards up to $400 to try to get the message across. It shouldn't be this difficult.
eventually she will decline your counters. I counter her with more than my asking or back to the original. I tried to make an offer on one of her cards, now in good faith actually, she countered, I recountered w/the same offer, and then she countered that at more than her previous offer.

Honestly she isn't the first to be like this but her antics are just annoying...take a look at the comc blog, not the newest one, but the previous one.

I hope this is the last I have to think of her or type of her, I blocked her on facebook and reported her posts, she called me a woman beater and some other things on there all because I wrote "spam much" to one of her spam postings.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #1232 (permalink)

Oh for pete's sake, can anyone tell me how to change my email address on my COMC account? I have it defaulted for an email not synced to my phone (and can't sync) and I want to use the email address that does go to my phone.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #1233 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh for pete's sake, can anyone tell me how to change my email address on my COMC account? I have it defaulted for an email not synced to my phone (and can't sync) and I want to use the email address that does go to my phone.
Hi there, this is Jen from COMC. Just sent you a pm. Glad you're enjoying the site!
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #1234 (permalink)

Thanks, Jen, you're a pal
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #1235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
Hi there, this is Jen from COMC. Just sent you a pm. Glad you're enjoying the site!
Jen,

Could you please talk to Tim and the team about Halley "The Diva" DeVille and her constant trolling, spamming and bad mouthing of everyone that is not her? Have you seen the latest posts on your shipping experiment blog? Take a look at the posts on your facebook page, I had to block her and report her to facebook for harassing posts directly aimed at me. I can't see what else she may be posting since i have her blocked. There is also a rumor going around that she has started a law suit against all the men of blowout and comc...

she alone is going to scare a lot of buyers, sellers, and advertisers away
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Jen,

Could you please talk to Tim and the team about Halley "The Diva" DeVille and her constant trolling, spamming and bad mouthing of everyone that is not her? Have you seen the latest posts on your shipping experiment blog? Take a look at the posts on your facebook page, I had to block her and report her to facebook for harassing posts directly aimed at me. I can't see what else she may be posting since i have her blocked. There is also a rumor going around that she has started a law suit against all the men of blowout and comc...

+1

That person is ridiculous. Constantly talking about her own agenda and just straight up annoying.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #1237 (permalink)

Quote:
Jen,

+1. Would love to block this buyer on COMC. Even the 1 second wasted declining each annoying repeated offer adds up to significant time loss.

Last edited by pyweed; 03-04-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: clarity
pyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #1238 (permalink)

Quote:
Jen,

+1...persistent lowballer and those comments on the blog are absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #1239 (permalink)

I'm just becoming aware of this user the last 2 weeks or so. So far no direct dealings. I've browsed the inventory and saw some nice items but nothing I collect.

Any insight on why this user is so annoying and why cards are the method chosen for this behavior?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #1240 (permalink)

Quote:
Any insight on why this user is so annoying and why cards are the method chosen for this behavior?
The individual seems to have some issues. I think it's amazing that he or she chose selling baseball cards of all things as an outlet.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #1241 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyweed View Post
+1. Would love to block this buyer on COMC. Even the 1 second wasted declining each annoying repeated offer adds up to significant time loss.

I always counter that stupid B with my original asking price...she'll re-counter once or twice more but then it will stop. At first I actually countered a lower asking price and she wouldn't leave me the heck alone.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #1242 (permalink)

Tim and I have been discussing some of these issues today. Our conclusion, at least as far as our Facebook page and Blog, is to keep moderating the site as we always have and delete any comments we feel are inappropriate. This applies to personal attacks against other users, spamming, or promoting any kind of outside site/unrelated content/politics, etc. Anything outside of our direct influence (posts on personal facebook pages/other sites, etc.) should be brought to the attention of moderators there, if necessary.

As far as offers go, we do not have any kind of firm policy on the issue, but have always encouraged users to abide by some basic etiquette in order to sustain the system as it is. We have discussed and are working to implement some changes to the offer system to help address some of the concerns voiced here.

Jeremy and Tim are working on a Blog post right now which will expand on what I've said in detail, and I expect it to go up early this week. Our goal is for everyone who uses the site to find it a happy and safe place, and for the focus to be on the cards.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #1243 (permalink)

Thanks. FWIW, it's a relief not to have to engage in verbal dialogue with loonies. It's one of the reasons I moved all my singles from eBay to COMC. DivaHalley is a tiny, tiny price to pay for the service I get at COMC.

Speaking of which, a question about amazon sales, if you have a minute, SJen:

Today I sold a $48 card on COMC via amazon. I was really happy with the price, even at the 20% discount, and started making plans for that $48. Several hours later I noticed that the money was pulled back out of my account and the sale reversed. HUGE disappointment. Are the amazon sales not final? How long do we have to wait on these sales to clear before we can count on that money belonging to us? Obviously, I'd prefer for buyer's remorse not to affect me at all, but if amazon insists on permitting it, I'd rather the sale be listed as pending instead of running the risk of spending or withdrawing money that doesn't yet belong to me.
pyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #1244 (permalink)

Just curious Jen Why dont you throw Diva out.She is hurting the site in so many ways.Why would COMC want a person like this with them. It has gone on and on.You have 2034 sellers and one bad one,Simple solution send Diva all his cards and Ban him.I cant believe you allow this to go on. We are all trying to make the site better and he is disrupting it tremendously and has proven that it will never end.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #1245 (permalink)

Coincidentally after I made my post last night, I watched a Season 10 episode of Law and Order SVU with a transgender male to female character that transitioned from "Henry" to "Halley/Hali."
Old 03-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #1246 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mzimmerman81

Well, I recently became addicted to COMC....I have bought nearly 75 Andy Van Slyke cards, countless Tim Duncan rookies and a bunch of other cards in the last week. My question is, I have about 750-1000 cards that would be too much of a hassle on Ebay and would like to list them here, but am having the whole newb fears for right now. Can anyone give any advice? Most of the cards are in the $0.50-$4.00 range. Just want to make sure it's worth it and any other issues I might encounter. I do love the site though.
mzimmerman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #1247 (permalink)

I just sold a card for $17.00 that was a freebie on an ebay sale last year. Seller inserted it with a $100+ purchase I made. BV on it is $30 so I also got more than 50% BV for it :P

I'd say I'm happy.

I'm moving a card about every other day or so. I know some of my front page prices are kinda "yikes" and well over BV but we've touched on that one. I'm glad people are still finding my more competitive listings
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #1248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyweed View Post
Today I sold a $48 card on COMC via amazon. I was really happy with the price, even at the 20% discount, and started making plans for that $48. Several hours later I noticed that the money was pulled back out of my account and the sale reversed. HUGE disappointment. Are the amazon sales not final? How long do we have to wait on these sales to clear before we can count on that money belonging to us? Obviously, I'd prefer for buyer's remorse not to affect me at all, but if amazon insists on permitting it, I'd rather the sale be listed as pending instead of running the risk of spending or withdrawing money that doesn't yet belong to me.
Hi, Pyweed.
I would describe the Amazon sales as "mostly final". One of our challenges has been integrating our site into their somewhat different sales model. In general we will eat the cost of a small reversal / cancellation from Amazon, but will reverse the transaction for higher-dollar cards if Amazon notifies us within a few hours. Once we've actually started physically processing the order, we eat the cost if it's cancelled or if the payment doesn't go through.

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #1249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, Pyweed.
I would describe the Amazon sales as "mostly final". One of our challenges has been integrating our site into their somewhat different sales model. In general we will eat the cost of a small reversal / cancellation from Amazon, but will reverse the transaction for higher-dollar cards if Amazon notifies us within a few hours. Once we've actually started physically processing the order, we eat the cost if it's cancelled or if the payment doesn't go through.

-Jeremy
Sounds more than fair. Thanks for the information.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #1250 (permalink)

How come BenchWarmer cards are not accepted on COMC? I have about 75 of them being returned to me.