Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #1251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
How come BenchWarmer cards are not accepted on COMC? I have about 75 of them being returned to me.
Hi, TheHeel.
It's been Tim's decision from the beginning not to accept certain sets in an effort to keep the site more family-friendly. Many people don't notice, but unlike most sites you actually don't have to check a box stating that you are over 18 to sign up for a COMC account.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #1252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, TheHeel.
It's been Tim's decision from the beginning not to accept certain sets in an effort to keep the site more family-friendly. Many people don't notice, but unlike most sites you actually don't have to check a box stating that you are over 18 to sign up for a COMC account.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Thank you for the response. Will I be charged any processing fees? What about having those particular cards shipped back to me?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #1253 (permalink)

Jeremy,

any chance of reviewing the offer/cancel offer time limit? I've been getting A LOT of offers and before I finish looking at the email I get the offer cancelled email. I don't know if anyone else is getting this as often as I am. I know w/ebay you can do it as well as most sites, but should there be thought to a time limit the offer is outstanding for the nature of the sites purpose before it can be cancelled - couple of hours or at least an hour maybe? I know we all make mistakes at times, but I feel like I am possibly being used to price someone else's cards (IE make a 50% offer to see if I'm set up to automatically accept offers of if I have a some % cap)

maybe it's just me and if so just ignore this.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #1254 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for the response. Will I be charged any processing fees? What about having those particular cards shipped back to me?
You will never be charged any processing fees for cards we don't list, and they'll usually be bundled in for free along with your next order. If it's going to be a while before you place another order please give our team a call and they can manually submit a return request for you.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Jeremy,

any chance of reviewing the offer/cancel offer time limit? I've been getting A LOT of offers and before I finish looking at the email I get the offer cancelled email. I don't know if anyone else is getting this as often as I am. I know w/ebay you can do it as well as most sites, but should there be thought to a time limit the offer is outstanding for the nature of the sites purpose before it can be cancelled - couple of hours or at least an hour maybe? I know we all make mistakes at times, but I feel like I am possibly being used to price someone else's cards (IE make a 50% offer to see if I'm set up to automatically accept offers of if I have a some % cap)

maybe it's just me and if so just ignore this.
Hi, Cactuspies. It's a tricky balance. On the one hand it can be annoying if you feel like someone is just sending test offers to see if you have autoaccept on. On the other hand, if we add a minimum time for offers we'd probably get a lot of people calling frustrated about that. In general we never want to restrict everybody to try to control a minority because those few will usually figure a way around what you've done anyway and then it becomes lose-lose.

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #1255 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

I totally just choked a negotiation over the 31 cents I wanted to round my balance to an even number. He would have gotten it for 50% off book + 31 cents.

Freaking numeric OCD!

(I do the same thing with my checking account. I pay bills to ensure my balance is always $X00.00)
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #1256 (permalink)

Go to a shrink....Not worth it
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #1257 (permalink)

Curious if anyone has had any experience selling higher-end cards through COMC?

Given I'm overseas dealing with buyer shipping expectations / lack of Paypal seller guarantees has put me off listing on eBay, and whilst I could probably sell some stuff through forums such as these I'm not sure that's the solution either..
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #1258 (permalink)

Are we allowed to solicit people to send PMs on Blowout in regards to our COMC listings if something is listed too high (say a 1/1 listed for $200 and they want to offer $99) and they want to offer a price greater than 50% off what I'm asking?

You never know what to ask for on a 1/1 but you don't want to be had either but there are no PMs on COMC.

Just spit balling ideas while I wait for another 30 day order to process and my current stuff sits stagnant.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #1259 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Apologize if this has been answered (didn't read all 51 pages). But has there been consideration given to accept paypal for cards listed? It would encourage more buyers in my opinion. Thanks,
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #1260 (permalink)

You can pay with your paypal and have your store credited deposited to your paypal.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #1261 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
Are we allowed to solicit people to send PMs on Blowout in regards to our COMC listings if something is listed too high (say a 1/1 listed for $200 and they want to offer $99) and they want to offer a price greater than 50% off what I'm asking?

You never know what to ask for on a 1/1 but you don't want to be had either but there are no PMs on COMC.

Just spit balling ideas while I wait for another 30 day order to process and my current stuff sits stagnant.
I have no issues if someone wants to PM me here to work out a deal, and I have done the same with others and for the most part everyone is reasonable about it. It's good that there is not a messaging system on COMC as that could be horrible. I have different user names so not everyone knows my 2 account names unless I post it specifically.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #1262 (permalink)

I agree.Its a good thing COMC does not have messaging system. I am always to open to negotiate prices outside of COMC. I have auto accept on now at 50% off but I will go lower on some cards if I receive a PM from another Blowout member selling on COMC.
colls69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #1263 (permalink)

the worse thing I'll ever tell someone is I cant go any lower on an item.
scottkoz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #1264 (permalink)

This is just my COMC rant, and while I think its a great service, there has got to be an easier way to get singles for sets than the way they have the site set up. I understand its .20 up front to process and 20% on the back-end, but if I need 10-20 cards to complete a set, especially a lower end set like BDPP base or Upper Deck Hockey it will cost me more to acquire those cards and ship than I could buy the entire set on ebay.

I mean there has to be a way to allow guys to sell base singles cheaper and easier than this. And most guys have singles listed at over .50 and won't accept offers below .50 or 50% off. Just such a pain to put these sets together. Heck I would take .02 over the cost of processing if it meant getting rid of base cards. I just don't get it.

Sorry rant over. This just really ticked me off over the last couple days trying to complete some sets
Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #1265 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
This is just my COMC rant, and while I think its a great service, there has got to be an easier way to get singles for sets than the way they have the site set up. I understand its .20 up front to process and 20% on the back-end, but if I need 10-20 cards to complete a set, especially a lower end set like BDPP base or Upper Deck Hockey it will cost me more to acquire those cards and ship than I could buy the entire set on ebay.

I mean there has to be a way to allow guys to sell base singles cheaper and easier than this. And most guys have singles listed at over .50 and won't accept offers below .50 or 50% off. Just such a pain to put these sets together. Heck I would take .02 over the cost of processing if it meant getting rid of base cards. I just don't get it.

Sorry rant over. This just really ticked me off over the last couple days trying to complete some sets

That's because the stated purpose of the site is not to sell base cards/commons. In fact, they actually encourage against sellers sending in cards worth less than $1. Obviously many sellers still do, but if you're looking for cheap set fillers, sportlots is more tuned toward that.

From the "Selling your cards on the site" page:

"Cards not worth putting on the site

Our rule of thumb is that we try to make our service cost effective for cards worth $1 or more. There are many cards worth less than $1 that might still be worth putting on the site (e.g. vintage commons and commons from the current year). We may use our discretion and return cards that might not be worth going through the system. Typically we only do this when we receive large lots or cards that are primarily commons from the 1980's and 1990's."

Last edited by yazevans; 03-29-2012 at 07:25 AM.
yazevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #1266 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
That's because the stated purpose of the site is not to sell base cards/commons. In fact, they actually encourage against sellers sending in cards worth less than $1. Obviously many sellers still do, but if you're looking for cheap set fillers, sportlots is more tuned toward that.

From the "Selling your cards on the site" page:

"Cards not worth putting on the site

Our rule of thumb is that we try to make our service cost effective for cards worth $1 or more. There are many cards worth less than $1 that might still be worth putting on the site (e.g. vintage commons and commons from the current year). We may use our discretion and return cards that might not be worth going through the system. Typically we only do this when we receive large lots or cards that are primarily commons from the 1980's and 1990's."
Thanks will check out Sportslots
Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #1267 (permalink)

Regarding the topic dicussed right above me I was kind of ticked about it. I sent some cards in that in my opinon were worth around a dollar or so. I sent duplicates of the same cards in and one was taken and I actually just sold it while the other was returned to me because COMC felt it wasn't high enough in value. This happened for about 15 cards or so. So I lost money on my shipping there and any sale value that they might have contained.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #1268 (permalink)

anyone ever try to figure out how much $ gonefishingwis is spending on ads a week? there is a new 24 hour sale every day! (though the newest is 48 hours) I still don't think I have every purchased one card from the guy though, even w/the 50% off.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #1269 (permalink)

Quote:
anyone ever try to figure out how much $ gonefishingwis is spending on ads a week? there is a new 24 hour sale every day! (though the newest is 48 hours) I still don't think I have every purchased one card from the guy though, even w/the 50% off.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #1270 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
I forgot to add in there, that I was beginning to think that he might work for them and gets free ads. I mean if you are doing one a day that is $3/day for 7 days, why not just do one at 7 days for $9 instead of 7 for $21. Not my money, and maybe there is profit being made from it. I like to overthink things, that is why people hate watching movies, tv shows, and cartoons with me, as I talk about all the plot holes and try to reason things out.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1271 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
I forgot to add in there, that I was beginning to think that he might work for them and gets free ads. I mean if you are doing one a day that is $3/day for 7 days, why not just do one at 7 days for $9 instead of 7 for $21. Not my money, and maybe there is profit being made from it. I like to overthink things, that is why people hate watching movies, tv shows, and cartoons with me, as I talk about all the plot holes and try to reason things out.
COMC has said they give a lot more front page exposure during the first day of an ad's run. I've experienced this myself, I've run a few multi-day ads and gotten more offers by far in the first 24 hours. In fact, I ran one last week for 4 days, got tons of offers on the first day and maybe 2 offers total on the other three days combined.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #1272 (permalink)

Quote:
I think it's annoying that people can do this, and it makes it worthless for anybody to post multi-day ads. They should make the pricing structure better (maybe $6 + .50 per day), change the algorithm so that it doesn't favor new ads so much, or (my favorite solution) limit everybody to one ad per week.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #1273 (permalink)

nvm i figured it out.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #1274 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
COMC has said they give a lot more front page exposure during the first day of an ad's run. I've experienced this myself, I've run a few multi-day ads and gotten more offers by far in the first 24 hours. In fact, I ran one last week for 4 days, got tons of offers on the first day and maybe 2 offers total on the other three days combined.
Same here. I've learned it's MUCH better to run a couple different 1 or 2 day ads for $3-4 a piece rather than a single 7 day ad for $9.

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #1275 (permalink)

How long does it take to get a refund from buying comc cash? Because i saw something on ebay i really want to buy soon and i'm a little short on cash.