Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #1276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
COMC has said they give a lot more front page exposure during the first day of an ad's run. I've experienced this myself, I've run a few multi-day ads and gotten more offers by far in the first 24 hours. In fact, I ran one last week for 4 days, got tons of offers on the first day and maybe 2 offers total on the other three days combined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Same here. I've learned it's MUCH better to run a couple different 1 or 2 day ads for $3-4 a piece rather than a single 7 day ad for $9.
At least this makes some sense to me, I know what they said about front page views and what not. The longest I have run is a 7 day, maybe a 10 day. Usually the first few days are when most of the sales happen, so I now understand running a couple ads a week or every few days, but I personally do look at the ads list everyday (or I try to) so that I don't miss anything.

I think I brought up gonefishingwis (or whatever the name was) due to that he has a new ad everyday with a new 50% off sale. I can't see spending $21/week or basically $80+ a month to advertise like that where I don't see much change in his inventory each day (I do look through it, but everything seems overpriced already and even overpriced at 1/2 off)

Maybe it is working for him where he is recouping all the ad, storage, and listing fees, and if he uses the auto accept feature which can be at a minimum $15/month.

Thanks for the feedback
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #1277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
How long does it take to get a refund from buying comc cash? Because i saw something on ebay i really want to buy soon and i'm a little short on cash.
call them if you need it asap, otherwise it's going to be a few days
Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #1278 (permalink)

What is the best way to send cards in? Getting ready to submit my first batch of 3-400 and I just want to make sure I do it the best way.

My other question is if I am not having luck, what does it cost me to get my cards back?
and any Indiana Hoosiers in any sport

Last edited by marklemerchants; 04-02-2012 at 01:37 PM.
marklemerchants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #1279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklemerchants View Post
What is the best way to send cards in? Getting ready to submit my first batch of 3-400 and I just want to make sure I do it the best way.

My other question is if I am not having luck, what does it cost me to get my cards back?
best way for me has been a 400 ct cardboard box and then put some extra padding around the box then place into a USPS priority flat rate padded mailer, so the shipping is only $5.10

If you are not having any luck, to get the cards shipped back to you, would cost the same as if you had bought cards and were having them shipped to you, so $3.99 for the first 10 cards and then $0.20 each for each additional card for standard shipping...truthfully, you would be better off just lowering your price and trying to sell them
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #1280 (permalink)

If anyone is interested Gonefishingwis is having a 24 hour sale...If by chance you miss it he will have another one tomorrow
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1281 (permalink)

Anyone know if there is a way to view more than 12 cards at a time?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #1282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Anyone know if there is a way to view more than 12 cards at a time?
change to list view or no picture view. I think that gets you 20-50 or more on one page
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #1283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
change to list view or no picture view. I think that gets you 20-50 or more on one page
thanks...like seeing the pictures though, so I guess its see pics or more cards...
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #1284 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

I think a hit counter per item would be a nifty feature. Just to see what items are getting viewed.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #1285 (permalink)

I see there are Pokemon and yu go oh cards on the site now are you guys accepting those now on comc???
Old 04-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #1286 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
I see there are Pokemon and yu go oh cards on the site now are you guys accepting those now on comc???
We accept most Pokemon cards. Unfortunately a few of them have art that isn't cleared for reproduction so those cards we send back. Not sure exactly which, I don't have a comprehensive list. I believe we have full support for Yu-Gi-Oh cards now, and we'll be redoing our search tiers to better support these and other gaming cards (i.e. if you're searching for magic you'll be able to drill down by expansion/color/cmc etc.

Thanks!
-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #1287 (permalink)

Seeing as somebody from COMC is checking in here...

I have tried to email you guys a couple of times re: shipping cards *to* you from abroad (in my case, Australia). Do you have any advice on this so far as customs procedure, additional fees etc?

Thanks
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #1288 (permalink)

Is there a way to see where or to who a card was sold to??

Or how do I know if a card was sold on amazon as opposed to the COMC site?

Thansk
Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #1289 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Is there a way to see where or to who a card was sold to??

Or how do I know if a card was sold on amazon as opposed to the COMC site?

Thansk

Check offer history. You will be able to see amazon purchases.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #1290 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Check offer history. You will be able to see amazon purchases.
thanks..i knew there had to be some way
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #1291 (permalink)

Jeremy, would it be possible to get a clear set of guidelines in the FAQ about how sports cards not cards listed in Beckett are handled and any possible avenues for providing checklists to COMC for those types of situations, which usually result in a default "return to submitter" action? I've had part of that conversation with Jeff Maeda in the past, but seeing it in print as an actual policy/process would be great.

I've got a lot of recent minor league team set cards and foreign (non-US) cards I'd like to submit (areas that Beckett does not cover), but keep getting bitten by them being slated for return when they are processed, no matter what notes I may include in the package about being ready and willing to provide checklists. Usually, this results in a lengthy process of dealing with customer support to get the checklists added and eventually (several weeks after the processing deadline) the cards being added to the site.

I greatly appreciate the willingness to work with me, but I'd love to see a way to just eliminate this whole dance up front and help expand what COMC is able to include.

Last edited by DaClyde; 04-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #1292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwoodford View Post
Seeing as somebody from COMC is checking in here...

I have tried to email you guys a couple of times re: shipping cards *to* you from abroad (in my case, Australia). Do you have any advice on this so far as customs procedure, additional fees etc?

Thanks
It's rare that we receive a package assessed with duty fees, but when we do we bill the seller's account. We have a few sellers from Australia and they haven't mentioned it so far so I'm not sure if they are getting charged or not. Shipping from the US to Australia is surprisingly affordable considering the distance; I don't know if the other way (from you to us) is as reasonable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Jeremy, would it be possible to get a clear set of guidelines in the FAQ about how sports cards not cards listed in Beckett are handled and any possible avenues for providing checklists to COMC for those types of situations, which usually result in a default "return to submitter" action? I've had part of that conversation with Jeff Maeda in the past, but seeing it in print as an actual policy/process would be great.

I've got a lot of recent minor league team set cards and foreign (non-US) cards I'd like to submit (areas that Beckett does not cover), but keep getting bitten by them being slated for return when they are processed, no matter what notes I may include in the package about being ready and willing to provide checklists. Usually, this results in a lengthy process of dealing with customer support to get the checklists added and eventually (several weeks after the processing deadline) the cards being added to the site.

I greatly appreciate the willingness to work with me, but I'd love to see a way to just eliminate this whole dance up front and help expand what COMC is able to include.
Hi, DaClyde. I'm with you; I want to see us list a lot more nonsports. In the past if a set wasn't listed in Beckett we would return it, but that policy is changing. Now - and especially if we have an accurate checklist - we will usually create our own set for non-Beckett items.
That being said, it does generally take us extra time to create these new sets and get the cards uploaded.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #1293 (permalink)

I know it says that it takes 4 days to receive a blowout gift certificate if I cash out my store credit, but do they usually process faster than that or does it take the whole 4 days?
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #1294 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
I know it says that it takes 4 days to receive a blowout gift certificate if I cash out my store credit, but do they usually process faster than that or does it take the whole 4 days?
It probably takes about that long. If you need it quicker, call customer service and I would bet they can speed it up.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #1295 (permalink)

Curious - How much is it for processing fee for booklets? If it is more, would it require a different batch fee?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #1296 (permalink)

Hi guys. Couple of quick questions.

1) When sending in cards, does blowout handle whether a card needs a condition note? I see they carge 25 cents if a card requires a condition note, do you just send cards in normal or do you need to notify them that the card may have a condition issue?

2) Can a person ship using any method? For example regional priority boxes?

3) If a person chooses the 4 week method at 20 cents per card and the 25 cents per card if there are condition issues are there any other possible fees they may charge? I am trying to get an idea of what the total cost might be.

Thanks

Also interested in Blaine Gabbert or Maurice Drew cards.
Sports2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #1297 (permalink)

Awesome thread, I read alot of it But did not find anything specifically addressing mybquestion.

Just started to actively use COMC and I am waiting on my first shipment of 500 cards to be processed and ready to send out an additional 500. Most all of my cards are autographed or memorabilia and I guess my only gripe with the site is that as far as I know, you cant specifically search for only auto or jersey cards. This results in alot of sifting through junk base and inserts... Of course you can type in stuff like "Auto" and get results, but only if the word auto is in the card description... Which many times it is not. Has anybody found a way to accurately emit the base and inserts while doing a search? Has this concern previously been raised and if so, has a COMC rep responded to this concern?
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #1298 (permalink)

Jeremy, I have noticed in the past week or so, a few price changes on some items but I have not received the "recent price changes" email for either of them. Is anyone else having trouble receiving this or not? I still get emails for offers and what not, so I dont think it is an email issue (I know you guys switched servers lately.)

Also, I have sent info on some cards that need to be changed as they are listed wrong, and nothing has happened with them...on one card I have literally sent that it is listed wrong and why, well over 5 times...and nothing has happened with it. We are talking weeks here on it. This hasn't ever happened before in the past, usually things were taken care of rather quickly. Is this just part of the growing process, and maybe that part of the customer service is getting neglected a tad? Just a mild concern as it seems to have gotten a little lax lately, just in that area. Overall COMC is still incredible! Thanks
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #1299 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrastar View Post
Awesome thread, I read alot of it But did not find anything specifically addressing mybquestion.

Just started to actively use COMC and I am waiting on my first shipment of 500 cards to be processed and ready to send out an additional 500. Most all of my cards are autographed or memorabilia and I guess my only gripe with the site is that as far as I know, you cant specifically search for only auto or jersey cards. This results in alot of sifting through junk base and inserts... Of course you can type in stuff like "Auto" and get results, but only if the word auto is in the card description... Which many times it is not. Has anybody found a way to accurately emit the base and inserts while doing a search? Has this concern previously been raised and if so, has a COMC rep responded to this concern?
Tim made a blog post on December 17th implying that this function would be available soon. I can't wait!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #1300 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Jeremy, I have noticed in the past week or so, a few price changes on some items but I have not received the "recent price changes" email for either of them. Is anyone else having trouble receiving this or not? I still get emails for offers and what not, so I dont think it is an email issue (I know you guys switched servers lately.)

Also, I have sent info on some cards that need to be changed as they are listed wrong, and nothing has happened with them...on one card I have literally sent that it is listed wrong and why, well over 5 times...and nothing has happened with it. We are talking weeks here on it. This hasn't ever happened before in the past, usually things were taken care of rather quickly. Is this just part of the growing process, and maybe that part of the customer service is getting neglected a tad? Just a mild concern as it seems to have gotten a little lax lately, just in that area. Overall COMC is still incredible! Thanks

Regarding the cards that are listed wrong, I have cards dating back to January that have probably been submitted as wrong 15+ times and they are still not corrected. I even emailed screen shots of the specific cards to the staff@comc.com account and still several are not corrected. It seems that every time I submit 30-40 then a couple will be corrected.