Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #1301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports2882 View Post
Hi guys. Couple of quick questions.

1) When sending in cards, does blowout handle whether a card needs a condition note? I see they carge 25 cents if a card requires a condition note, do you just send cards in normal or do you need to notify them that the card may have a condition issue?

2) Can a person ship using any method? For example regional priority boxes?

3) If a person chooses the 4 week method at 20 cents per card and the 25 cents per card if there are condition issues are there any other possible fees they may charge? I am trying to get an idea of what the total cost might be.

Thanks
1) COMC determines what needs condition notes. You don't have to point out cards that need notes but I'm sure it would save them time if you did so.

2) They receive mail from every source.

3) Oversized cards and the $3 batch fee are the only other fees.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #1302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Curious - How much is it for processing fee for booklets? If it is more, would it require a different batch fee?
Booklets go in the oversized at 75 cents per and yes they charge a separate batch fee for the oversized.

If you ever send overnight cards, you can include it in that batch and be charged $2 for it.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #1303 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagCards View Post
Regarding the cards that are listed wrong, I have cards dating back to January that have probably been submitted as wrong 15+ times and they are still not corrected. I even emailed screen shots of the specific cards to the staff@comc.com account and still several are not corrected. It seems that every time I submit 30-40 then a couple will be corrected.
Yes but your inventory takes up the whole fifth floor

I made a very nice $150 sale today on 5 cards to one person. I never could have done that on Ebay. And if I did then I'd have to worry about them arriving to the buyer safe and then hope & pray the buyer was honest about it.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #1304 (permalink)

Quote:
1) COMC determines what needs condition notes. You don't have to point out cards that need notes but I'm sure it would save them time if you did so.

2) They receive mail from every source.

3) Oversized cards and the $3 batch fee are the only other fees.
I just got to the add cards section and it wants an estimate of how many cards need condition notes. Can I leave this blank and then just put the money in there that I need once they have determined my final cost?

Also interested in Blaine Gabbert or Maurice Drew cards.
Sports2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #1305 (permalink)

Quote:
Regarding the cards that are listed wrong, I have cards dating back to January that have probably been submitted as wrong 15+ times and they are still not corrected. I even emailed screen shots of the specific cards to the staff@comc.com account and still several are not corrected. It seems that every time I submit 30-40 then a couple will be corrected.
ok, then it isn't just me. Something isn't working right in the way notifying wrongly listed cards...as that isn't getting the attention it used to for some reason. The problem then also is that those cards can't be listed either, and they just sit there.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #1306 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi guys. Couple of quick questions.

1) When sending in cards, does blowout handle whether a card needs a condition note? I see they carge 25 cents if a card requires a condition note, do you just send cards in normal or do you need to notify them that the card may have a condition issue?

2) Can a person ship using any method? For example regional priority boxes?

3) If a person chooses the 4 week method at 20 cents per card and the 25 cents per card if there are condition issues are there any other possible fees they may charge? I am trying to get an idea of what the total cost might be.

Thanks
Hi, Sports2882. Our ID guys determine whether or not a card merits a condition note. It's liklier for vintage stuff (pre-1970) because for more recent stuff if it's in bad shape and not an otherwise valuable card, we'll just send it back (without charging you). It's helpful if you indicate a rough guess of how many items will need notes, but it is not required and we'll do our own thorough check regardless.
The only other fee you might get charged is if you send cards in in toploaders / screwdowns / semirigids. Those are $0.05 per card to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrastar View Post
Just started to actively use COMC and I am waiting on my first shipment of 500 cards to be processed and ready to send out an additional 500. Most all of my cards are autographed or memorabilia and I guess my only gripe with the site is that as far as I know, you cant specifically search for only auto or jersey cards. This results in alot of sifting through junk base and inserts... Of course you can type in stuff like "Auto" and get results, but only if the word auto is in the card description... Which many times it is not. Has anybody found a way to accurately emit the base and inserts while doing a search? Has this concern previously been raised and if so, has a COMC rep responded to this concern?
This has been I think a lot of people's #1 feature request besides wantlists. We plan to roll out both by the end of the summer. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Jeremy, I have noticed in the past week or so, a few price changes on some items but I have not received the "recent price changes" email for either of them. Is anyone else having trouble receiving this or not? I still get emails for offers and what not, so I dont think it is an email issue (I know you guys switched servers lately.)
Also, I have sent info on some cards that need to be changed as they are listed wrong, and nothing has happened with them...on one card I have literally sent that it is listed wrong and why, well over 5 times...and nothing has happened with it. We are talking weeks here on it. This hasn't ever happened before in the past, usually things were taken care of rather quickly. Is this just part of the growing process, and maybe that part of the customer service is getting neglected a tad? Just a mild concern as it seems to have gotten a little lax lately, just in that area. Overall COMC is still incredible! Thanks
Hi, papercards. Not sure what's going on with price changes in your account. If you can get me an affected card's item number I can check our book price history on it and give you more info. Please email staff@comc.com (attn: Jeremy). Unfortunately as great as our CS team is (and they are), they don't do corrections - our ID team does. The ID folks have been bombarded lately, enough so that we've doubled the size of the department since the beginning of the year and we're still hiring to keep up with our business growth. It's a good problem to have, but it's meant that corrections have been badly neglected. If you've got a short-list of items that are at the top of your list, please send them to me and I'll do what I can to get some eyes on them.
Of couse, and not to offend, but sometimes correction requests are submitted on cards that are actually listed correctly so that's possible too,

Quote:
Soon I imagine we'll have a dedicated "Swag Dept".

Quote:
I just got to the add cards section and it wants an estimate of how many cards need condition notes. Can I leave this blank and then just put the money in there that I need once they have determined my final cost?
Yep.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #1307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, papercards. Not sure what's going on with price changes in your account. If you can get me an affected card's item number I can check our book price history on it and give you more info. Please email staff@comc.com (attn: Jeremy). Unfortunately as great as our CS team is (and they are), they don't do corrections - our ID team does. The ID folks have been bombarded lately, enough so that we've doubled the size of the department since the beginning of the year and we're still hiring to keep up with our business growth. It's a good problem to have, but it's meant that corrections have been badly neglected. If you've got a short-list of items that are at the top of your list, please send them to me and I'll do what I can to get some eyes on them.
Of couse, and not to offend, but sometimes correction requests are submitted on cards that are actually listed correctly so that's possible too,

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Yeah it is a good problem to have, it just seems to have gotten more neglected recently and that would explain why. Glad that you guys know of the problem. No offense taken at all, but these are obvious errors (a refractor not listed as one, card upside down to be rotated, etc.) I'll send an email to you with the list I have. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #1308 (permalink)

hello, i was wondering how much it would cost to ship 200-300 cards to me? Thanks
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #1309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
hello, i was wondering how much it would cost to ship 200-300 cards to me? Thanks
Hi, patchgenie. Through the end of April you can still take advantage of our old Bulk rate and have your cards shipped for $33.50 - $48.50 (200 to 300 cards respectively). At the beginning of May we'll be completing our phase-out of the Bulk rate and the price will be a little higher - $43-$63 but the cards will come in new penny sleeves and will arrive significantly quicker.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #1310 (permalink)
Banned

Is there anyway to ask a message?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #1311 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Is there anyway to ask a message?
Hello nuccionino. COMC doesn't provide a direct communication channel between users, but our staff would be happy to address any concerns you may have. Feel free to send me a PM or email to staff@comc.com with any questions.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #1312 (permalink)

Quote:
Booklets go in the oversized at 75 cents per and yes they charge a separate batch fee for the oversized.

If you ever send overnight cards, you can include it in that batch and be charged $2 for it.
Ty swag
Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #1313 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
Hello nuccionino. COMC doesn't provide a direct communication channel between users, but our staff would be happy to address any concerns you may have. Feel free to send me a PM or email to staff@comc.com with any questions.
I have no issues with staff (maybe with shipping charge haha $4 for 4 cards? okay) but thanks!
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #1314 (permalink)

Is it normal for your 4 week shipment of cards to be less than a week away from its deadline yet showing as only 10% complete?
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #1315 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it normal for your 4 week shipment of cards to be less than a week away from its deadline yet showing as only 10% complete?
Yes; I have had it at 35% on a 5k shipment go live on the day of its due date.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #1316 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

Badly neglected would be a major understatement! I personally think the concept of rushing cards to the site and ignoring errors is totally wrong.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #1317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Badly neglected would be a major understatement! I personally think the concept of rushing cards to the site and ignoring errors is totally wrong.
I agree. Cards improperly added to the site should be the equivalent of not having met the submission deadline, at least for the cards in question.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #1318 (permalink)

I would add that when people are reviewing a card that has been flagged as incorrectly listed, they should look at the other cards listed under the same title. If two totally different cards are listed together, one of them has to be wrong. It seems like sometimes, I flag an incorrectly listed card and it gets changed immediately. Other times, I keep flagging the same card over and over without success.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #1319 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I would add that when people are reviewing a card that has been flagged as incorrectly listed, they should look at the other cards listed under the same title. If two totally different cards are listed together, one of them has to be wrong. It seems like sometimes, I flag an incorrectly listed card and it gets changed immediately. Other times, I keep flagging the same card over and over without success.
I would guess part of the problem is that there are some people trying to get values/prices lowered so they can buy the cards cheaper. I have had a few cards changed that were very suspect, such as changing from an autograph to a common. For such a change to happen you either have an employee doing bad things or a COMC customer with bad intentions, even if it was a customer reporting it the COMC employee that changed would have to been clueless to make the change.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #1320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
I agree. Cards improperly added to the site should be the equivalent of not having met the submission deadline, at least for the cards in question.
Actually there should be a deadline (24-48 hours) to either correct the card or prove that you are wrong, ignoring the issue is not an option.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #1321 (permalink)

Site is completely unresponsive... Is this a common issue?
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #1322 (permalink)

Quote:
Site is completely unresponsive... Is this a common issue?
If you are referring to CS the answer would be yes, if just the site in general it does seem to stop working for a minute or so through out the day on occasion.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #1323 (permalink)

Hi Jeremy,

Seems the site has had a problem refreshing since the weekend. Has been a bit better today, but still doesn't seem to be instant like usual as old prices sit around for quite awhile. Just wondered if you guys were aware of it. Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #1324 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Hi Jeremy,

Seems the site has had a problem refreshing since the weekend. Has been a bit better today, but still doesn't seem to be instant like usual as old prices sit around for quite awhile. Just wondered if you guys were aware of it. Thanks
I've noticed this too. There appears to be a several hour delay between prices getting changed and it being reflected in the search indexes.
hundley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #1325 (permalink)

Thanks for letting us know. We actually just hired a full-time guy for stuff exactly like this so I'll pass this on to him right away.

-Jeremy