Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #1326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Thanks for letting us know. We actually just hired a full-time guy for stuff exactly like this so I'll pass this on to him right away.

-Jeremy
Maybe you should hire a full time guy/gal to fix all the errors. You are making it abundantly clear that you just do not care! If a card has errors and cannot be properly listed then you have not met the deadline for that batch. Maybe once you understand that concept you will actually care. It is sad that you can call me specifically to fix errors and nothing actually gets done.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #1327 (permalink)

Im sorry, but I cant figure out how to tell if a item of mine was sold on amazon or not..... I've tried going to the "My Sales" link on left column of my dashboard but i dont see anytimg describing if it was sold on COMC or on Amazon.
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #1328 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Maybe you should hire a full time guy/gal to fix all the errors. You are making it abundantly clear that you just do not care! If a card has errors and cannot be properly listed then you have not met the deadline for that batch. Maybe once you understand that concept you will actually care. It is sad that you can call me specifically to fix errors and nothing actually gets done.
WOW you have alot of stuff on there. You would think you would be a priority with all those listings.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #1329 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrastar View Post
Im sorry, but I cant figure out how to tell if a item of mine was sold on amazon or not..... I've tried going to the "My Sales" link on left column of my dashboard but i dont see anytimg describing if it was sold on COMC or on Amazon.
Once signed in...

- Go to "My Dashboard"

- Go to "My Profile & Options"

- Scroll down to the "Sell on Amazon.com" box

- Click the highlighted "Offer History" link

You should be there. Anything that says "amazon" was sold on Amazon. Anything else was not.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #1330 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
WOW you have alot of stuff on there. You would think you would be a priority with all those listings.
That is one of the things that is so great about COMC, no matter how big you are on there or how much money you spend with them, they still don't care about problems or issues that you have.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #1331 (permalink)

COMC,

Would it be possible for me to run a contest ad? Here's my idea...

If you buy a card from me, any card... you'll receive an entry into a BLOG TV live random.org event to win a FREE patch or autographed item.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #1332 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Once signed in...

- Go to "My Dashboard"

- Go to "My Profile & Options"

- Scroll down to the "Sell on Amazon.com" box

- Click the highlighted "Offer History" link

You should be there. Anything that says "amazon" was sold on Amazon. Anything else was not.
I can save you a couple steps:
-Go to "My Dashboard"
-Click on "Offer History" - it's in the upper center part of the screen. =)

Quote:
COMC,

Would it be possible for me to run a contest ad? Here's my idea...

If you buy a card from me, any card... you'll receive an entry into a BLOG TV live random.org event to win a FREE patch or autographed item.
That's a neat idea, but you'd have to run that promotion through another forum or something. We can't link or reference anything external in our classified ads. You could probably make a post here about it in the "Spam your ads" section.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #1333 (permalink)

Quote:
I can save you a couple steps:
-Go to "My Dashboard"
-Click on "Offer History" - it's in the upper center part of the screen. =)

That's a neat idea, but you'd have to run that promotion through another forum or something. We can't link or reference anything external in our classified ads. You could probably make a post here about it in the "Spam your ads" section.

Thanks,
Jeremy
What if in my ad I give them my e-mail and tell them to e-mail me to claim their prize. In order to prevent people who are not the winner from attempting to claim it I would make the winner an offer on one their own cards. The winner would need to tell me the exact amount of my offer.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #1334 (permalink)
Banned

I was gonna order about 100 cards, will it really cost about $20 to ship?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #1335 (permalink)

thats not expensive Nino... 100 cards from multiple sources would be a lot more than $20

I paid $25 for shipping for 63 cards (mainly Cup cards that I had added the Top Loader because the .20 extra per is cheap than it would be if I got it from my LCS).
scottkoz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #1336 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkoz20 View Post
thats not expensive Nino... 100 cards from multiple sources would be a lot more than $20

I paid $25 for shipping for 63 cards (mainly Cup cards that I had added the Top Loader because the .20 extra per is cheap than it would be if I got it from my LCS).
Still, they are all coming from one source. I mean if I go on eBay and find 100 cards from a seller, it most likely won't be $20 or so. I'll just need to see if it is worth it, and it still may be, but I do wish it would be cheaper since it comes from one source
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #1337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Still, they are all coming from one source. I mean if I go on eBay and find 100 cards from a seller, it most likely won't be $20 or so. I'll just need to see if it is worth it, and it still may be, but I do wish it would be cheaper since it comes from one source
They are FROM one source, but they are not stored as such. Most of the shipping charge is for somebody to pull each exact card that you purchase, by the scans it is assumed that most of the cards are in binders. Now imagine 7 million cards in binders organized by a batch number followed by an item number, that is where the "shipping" charges are at. Ebay sellers do not have that kind of issue.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #1338 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
They are FROM one source, but they are not stored as such. Most of the shipping charge is for somebody to pull each exact card that you purchase, by the scans it is assumed that most of the cards are in binders. Now imagine 7 million cards in binders organized by a batch number followed by an item number, that is where the "shipping" charges are at. Ebay sellers do not have that kind of issue.
Regardless, im sure they are organized very well. It reminds me of my LCS who prices everything high because of the time to find cards so no one buys from him. I think that the starter shipping price is a little much and maybe doing 10 cents a card would be easier, maybe 15. And don't forget, they don't ship next day all the time.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #1339 (permalink)

Quote:
What if in my ad I give them my e-mail and tell them to e-mail me to claim their prize. In order to prevent people who are not the winner from attempting to claim it I would make the winner an offer on one their own cards. The winner would need to tell me the exact amount of my offer.
It's a very creative idea, but the issue there is personal contact info. Since COMC is one of the few sites that doesn't make you affirm that you are over 18, we're not allowed to have any personal info in the ads (including real name, email, facebook information, etc.). It does restrict original ideas like yours, which we regret, but we've decided that making our site available to young people is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Regardless, im sure they are organized very well. It reminds me of my LCS who prices everything high because of the time to find cards so no one buys from him. I think that the starter shipping price is a little much and maybe doing 10 cents a card would be easier, maybe 15. And don't forget, they don't ship next day all the time.
Hi, nuccionino. We've experimented with a lot of different shipping rates since we began five years ago. The price point we're at now is one we've found to be sustainable and hopefully not to terrible for the service we offer. Since we don't own the merch ourselves, we can't really mark it up in price to counterbalance an artificially discounted shipping rate. It costs us about $0.20 a card to ship any item out, so that's what we charge.

Thanks!
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #1340 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It's a very creative idea, but the issue there is personal contact info. Since COMC is one of the few sites that doesn't make you affirm that you are over 18, we're not allowed to have any personal info in the ads (including real name, email, facebook information, etc.). It does restrict original ideas like yours, which we regret, but we've decided that making our site available to young people is worth it.

Hi, nuccionino. We've experimented with a lot of different shipping rates since we began five years ago. The price point we're at now is one we've found to be sustainable and hopefully not to terrible for the service we offer. Since we don't own the merch ourselves, we can't really mark it up in price to counterbalance an artificially discounted shipping rate. It costs us about $0.20 a card to ship any item out, so that's what we charge.

Thanks!
Jeremy
Fair enough, however if I purchase say 500 cards, it cost $100 to ship? You can use a flat rate box for $15 and ship that way. I will say what keeps me from purchasing big lots from COMC is the shipping charge. The site itself is awesome, and I do make small purchases, I just think there should be a cap on shipping charges. Thanks for answering our questions.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #1341 (permalink)

I refuse all of his offers along with one other person (not hard to figure out DIVA) no matter what their offer is for that reason. They could offer me $19.99 for a card listed at $20 and i refuse it.I just do not want to do business with either
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #1342 (permalink)

What does it take to get a response from anyone anymore? I have sent two emails and two follow up emails that I have not gotten any response whatsoever from. Even a simple "I will check into it" reply is better than nothing. Customer service has gotten worse and worse as the size of the site has gotten bigger. That is not good for a business that is 100% dependant on the people they are ignoring. I am not the only one who sees this problem either.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #1343 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
What does it take to get a response from anyone anymore? I have sent two emails and two follow up emails that I have not gotten any response whatsoever from. Even a simple "I will check into it" reply is better than nothing. Customer service has gotten worse and worse as the size of the site has gotten bigger. That is not good for a business that is 100% dependant on the people they are ignoring. I am not the only one who sees this problem either.
I often have better luck calling them up. I'd give that a try if you haven't already. -Chad
Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #1344 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
Hello premium1981,

I'm sorry about the delay in response time. I did get your email , and am still looking into one of the issues. I have had someone in my department trying to reach you by phone, but I was unaware we do not have a current number for you.

I will email you today with more information. Please feel free to PM me in the meantime if you have any other concerns.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #1345 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
Hello premium1981,

I'm sorry about the delay in response time. I did get your email , and am still looking into one of the issues. I have had someone in my department trying to reach you by phone, but I was unaware we do not have a current number for you.

I will email you today with more information. Please feel free to PM me in the meantime if you have any other concerns.
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. A pm is coming your way.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1346 (permalink)

is it possible to change your username? if not, will it be possible in the future?
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #1347 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
is it possible to change your username? if not, will it be possible in the future?
Hi patchgenie,

We are happy to change a username if the request to do so is sent to staff@comc.com from your account email. As long as the username isn't taken and contains only letters, numbers, and underscores we should be able to make the change.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #1348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I refuse all of his offers along with one other person (not hard to figure out DIVA) no matter what their offer is for that reason. They could offer me $19.99 for a card listed at $20 and i refuse it.I just do not want to do business with either
Yep, I've been on COMC a week and I wish I could block this user. I just respond with higher and higher prices.
and any Indiana Hoosiers in any sport
marklemerchants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #1349 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
Hi patchgenie,

We are happy to change a username if the request to do so is sent to staff@comc.com from your account email. As long as the username isn't taken and contains only letters, numbers, and underscores we should be able to make the change.
I sent you an email with the username request. Thanks
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #1350 (permalink)
Banned

It's time, I wanna sell on COMC. I have a few questions, would love some feedback.

1. If I ship 500 cards, 4 week processing, it would be $100 ($.20 per) plus shipping it correct?

2. There are no extra fees correct? I plan on selling then using the money to buy cards, so I wouldn't be charged extra fees by selling unless I cash-out?

3. Do base cards even sell? I mean I don't get why people send them in at $.20 a piece yet price them at $.10. Should I send in star base cards only and just don't even worry?

I may have more, any extra tips are helpful. Thanks!