Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #1351 (permalink)

Add in any condition notes, oversized and graded that your cards may have.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #1352 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Add in any condition notes, oversized and graded that your cards may have.
All my cards are NM, would I need to mention that and if so, where. and I do have two oversize cards. How much extra is that?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #1353 (permalink)

500 cards will cost you $103 plus the monthly $5 at a penny a card...I check and see how many of each card that I am sending is already on there and if it is even worth sending in. There is a good chance that 150-200 of your cards may not be worth sending in.The amount of sellers now as opposed to a year or two ago is big.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #1354 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
500 cards will cost you $103 plus the monthly $5 at a penny a card...I check and see how many of each card that I am sending is already on there and if it is even worth sending in. There is a good chance that 150-200 of your cards may not be worth sending in.The amount of sellers now as opposed to a year or two ago is big.
Monthly fee is cheap haha. Well the stuff I am sending it are mostly bowman chrome prospect green xfractor that usually sell at worse for .50 and of course a hot player goes high. I don't mind selling inserts as well for cheap, like under a buck. I know for sure I can price my stuff lower then most.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #1355 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
It's time, I wanna sell on COMC. I have a few questions, would love some feedback.

1. If I ship 500 cards, 4 week processing, it would be $100 ($.20 per) plus shipping it correct?

2. There are no extra fees correct? I plan on selling then using the money to buy cards, so I wouldn't be charged extra fees by selling unless I cash-out?

3. Do base cards even sell? I mean I don't get why people send them in at $.20 a piece yet price them at $.10. Should I send in star base cards only and just don't even worry?

I may have more, any extra tips are helpful. Thanks!
They used to give a $20 discount on first time senders...you should e-mail them and see if they still do that
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #1356 (permalink)

Just an fyi, the site hasn't updated/refreshed all day again...I know it was mentioned the last time the site did this, that someone from COMC is on this now. Whenever this happens, I definitely notice a slowdown overall on the site. Not as many people flipping, etc as you can't tell what the price is, or what the price has changed to. The last time it was like this for the whole weekend, so I hope it will be fixed before the holiday weekend.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #1357 (permalink)

When this happens I think it puts guys uploading new things at a severe disadvantage. Instead of your new stuff going up one at a time, everything gets listed at once and people have to sort through pages upon pages of new things listed at the same time.

I had this happen on my last order when I listed 500 cards. I think a fair amount of my sales come from there initial addage to the site when people may just notice them and like the look.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #1358 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Just an fyi, the site hasn't updated/refreshed all day again...I know it was mentioned the last time the site did this, that someone from COMC is on this now. Whenever this happens, I definitely notice a slowdown overall on the site. Not as many people flipping, etc as you can't tell what the price is, or what the price has changed to. The last time it was like this for the whole weekend, so I hope it will be fixed before the holiday weekend.
It still is not updating... At least, not on my end.
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #1359 (permalink)

Hi, guys. We had a few people call about this as well. I checked with the web team and apparantly there was some monster port sale that was hogging all the system resources for a while. Everything should be working fine now, but fyi we're planning to replace the main server pretty soon so that stuff like this isn't an issue again. I'm sure Tim will post on the blog when that happens, so keep an eye out.
Thanks for letting us know when you experience slowdowns like this - it isn't always obvious on our end so we really do appreciate how involved our community is. =)

Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #1360 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, guys. We had a few people call about this as well. I checked with the web team and apparantly there was some monster port sale that was hogging all the system resources for a while. Everything should be working fine now, but fyi we're planning to replace the main server pretty soon so that stuff like this isn't an issue again. I'm sure Tim will post on the blog when that happens, so keep an eye out.
Thanks for letting us know when you experience slowdowns like this - it isn't always obvious on our end so we really do appreciate how involved our community is. =)

Jeremy
Price refresh on the indexes still seems more or less frozen. I'm seeing prices outdated by several hours.
hundley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #1361 (permalink)

Still hasn't refreshed and cards that I sold over the last few days are still showing up but are listed as "Sold Out" when you click on them.
I am sure the folks at COMC will get it fixed soon.
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #1362 (permalink)

I just signed up for COMC yesterday and I have a couple of questions
-I have heard about the $20 processing deal and 90 days for first time sellers, how do I get this deal?
-In terms of basketball, what are the best things to sell? #rd cards? jerseys? Autos? Stars vs. Semistars vs Former great players ex Kareem, Magic Johnson vs. guys out of the league like jeff mcinnis or antoine walker?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure these questions have been answered before but its kind of hard to look through 55 pages.
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #1363 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

Jeremy
Whatever the fix was for this, it didn't take: It took prices about 24 hours to refresh the past day, and there was a major lag in this regard all weekend. I was actually just drafting a post to say that prices had stopped entirely for 24 hours until I saw a couple of them that I remember buying at around this time yesterday experience a price change, but I looked around at other stuff I purchased or price changed over the weekend and am still seeing a index refresh delay of almost 24 hours.

I don't think this would have happened if it wasn't a holiday weekend, but I still thought this was worth mentioning. This past weekend was a pretty terrible time to be listing new cards on the site.
hundley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #1364 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundley View Post
Whatever the fix was for this, it didn't take: It took prices about 24 hours to refresh the past day, and there was a major lag in this regard all weekend. I was actually just drafting a post to say that prices had stopped entirely for 24 hours until I saw a couple of them that I remember buying at around this time yesterday experience a price change, but I looked around at other stuff I purchased or price changed over the weekend and am still seeing a index refresh delay of almost 24 hours.

I don't think this would have happened if it wasn't a holiday weekend, but I still thought this was worth mentioning. This past weekend was a pretty terrible time to be listing new cards on the site.
Hello, Hundley.

We are aware this issue has been ongoing, and the web team is currently working to resolve it. Unfortunately, I don't have any news at this time, but will hopefully have an update soon.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #1365 (permalink)

Just another FYI, it still isn't refreshing correctly. There was like one major one since Tim wrote about it on the blog, but it still hasn't worked like it used to.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #1366 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
I just signed up for COMC yesterday and I have a couple of questions
-I have heard about the $20 processing deal and 90 days for first time sellers, how do I get this deal?
-In terms of basketball, what are the best things to sell? #rd cards? jerseys? Autos? Stars vs. Semistars vs Former great players ex Kareem, Magic Johnson vs. guys out of the league like jeff mcinnis or antoine walker?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure these questions have been answered before but its kind of hard to look through 55 pages.
http://checkoutmycards.files.wordpre...8484543137.jpg

Enjoy!

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #1367 (permalink)

If you really want to improve the bidding process, here is something to help the sellers. If the seller has a auto-accept percentage set, why not alert the bidders when they offer less than the auto accept price giving them the option to purchase the card(s) immediately at the auto accept price?

Also why not put some time constraint on offer retractions? Even if it is only an hour it can only help.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #1368 (permalink)

Hey guys, I'm a web developer and I was wondering if you have any plans to create either a public-facing or private API? I think there is a ton of potential for interesting tools/apps here.

If you have something in the works, I'll gladly give it a test drive
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #1369 (permalink)

Have a question here as I am about to send in around 3,000 cards in the coming months..the cards vary from regular sized cards, to oversized stuff like sweet spot football helmets..so I know already that I should send in my regular sized cards separate from the oversized which I'd send in as a separate bundle.

My question has to do with cards requiring condition notes. I have a few high end cards that have slight damage but know that they'd sell(at a lesser value obviously) on COMC..some with very low serial numbering..do I have to include the notes or does COMC do that for me? If they are in with a bundle will I be charged anything extra besides the fee for the condition note(not a separate bundle charge for these 3-5 cards?)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #1370 (permalink)

Not sure about the sizing question, but COMC will add the condition notes. I believe it's .25 cents a card but not positive.

I've been on COMC for a year and a half and very pleased with the results

Good luck.
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #1371 (permalink)

Thanks...I'm thinking about sending in a few high value Sp authentic rookies taht are unique to the site..(Calvin, Matt Ryan, McFadden, Ray Rice among others)..

Is this a good idea, will I get the most for them on COMC?

I also own a Rodgers but want straight up cash on him...the cash out fees would kill me on that card
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #1372 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
Thanks...I'm thinking about sending in a few high value Sp authentic rookies taht are unique to the site..(Calvin, Matt Ryan, McFadden, Ray Rice among others)..

Is this a good idea, will I get the most for them on COMC?

I also own a Rodgers but want straight up cash on him...the cash out fees would kill me on that card
everything to COMC for me but PC stuff. Just don't send in items where there are a lot unless its a hot player. If you have one of the only ones on the market anywhere, you can set the bar for pricing. The advantage of offers is that you can try to really guage a price point, of course you have the guys that will only offer 50% no matter what (I may be guiltly of that sometimes but I try to make a fair offers when I'm in a buying mood)

Right now you are looking at .12 a year for storage per card if they don't sell right away. Getting that exposure is much better than sitting at home with them or wasting time listing and relisting on ebay and dealing with the buyers there.

Amazon seems to help a little. I opted in for amazon sales and have moved around 6-10 cards since they opened that up.

I have a few hundred cards in front of me right now that are going out to them in the next few days.

as far as the rodgers go, try selling here or ebay if you don't want to deal w/comc on it. you can always just reuse/recycle the money to avoid cash out fees and get other items you want.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #1373 (permalink)

Any processing specials coming up soon? What about for The National?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #1374 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Any processing specials coming up soon? What about for The National?
Same question here. I believe the last special was the last National...I'm not ready to buy a plane ticket to save a few bucks on processing, though . I'm stubborn and am holding a bunch of cards simply because I KNOW there will be a processing special a week after I ship my cards in .
Old 06-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #1375 (permalink)

Just wanted to personally thank the ID team for stepping up and cleaning up the site. If you have not noticed, MOST of the reported error's are being corrected within 24 hours.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote