Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #1376 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,406
Default

I would like to second this. My last couple errors were fixed the same day. Great improvement COMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Just wanted to personally thank the ID team for stepping up and cleaning up the site. If you have not noticed, MOST of the reported error's are being corrected within 24 hours.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #1377 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Just wanted to personally thank the ID team for stepping up and cleaning up the site. If you have not noticed, MOST of the reported error's are being corrected within 24 hours.
yeah, it has definitely improved back to what it was before. well done COMC
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #1378 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 394
Default

Quick question- can we not use a Visa gift card to add money to our account? I received one for Father's Day and cannot seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
__________________
I collect Mookie Wilson, Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden.

All of my inventory is kept here- https://www.zistle.com/users/neckababy1
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #1379 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Just wanted to personally thank the ID team for stepping up and cleaning up the site. If you have not noticed, MOST of the reported error's are being corrected within 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I would like to second this. My last couple errors were fixed the same day. Great improvement COMC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
yeah, it has definitely improved back to what it was before. well done COMC
Thanks, I'm glad folks are noticing it. We've reorganized based on your feedback and now correction requests will be addressed much more promptly. COMC is as great as it is because of our active and vocal user base. Keep participating, we're listening. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckababy1 View Post
Quick question- can we not use a Visa gift card to add money to our account? I received one for Father's Day and cannot seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, neckababy1. We've heard from folks who have had the same trouble before; usually it's an address issue. PayPal (who we contract to run credit cards for us) will try to verify the address provided, but the gift card doesn't have a registered address like a regular credit or debit card does so the transaction fails. Usually it can be resolved by calling PayPal and asking them to register the card as belonging to you. PayPal's direct number is 402-935-2050. Helpful Hint: it's a voice activated phone tree, but it has options it doesn't tell you about. Tell it "I'd like to speak to a representitive" no matter what it asks you and you'll get through to a human being.
Thanks!

Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #1380 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckababy1 View Post
Quick question- can we not use a Visa gift card to add money to our account? I received one for Father's Day and cannot seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, I've had experience using these demon gift cards and unfortunately, it seems like it's impossible to purchase gift cards, store credit, etc.

I hate the fact that I always end up leaving 40 cents or whatever on these cards (because that's 40 cents that goes right into the bank's pocket -- that adds up over thousands and thousands of these things). I thought I finally came up with a solution when I tried to buy a $25 Amazon.com gift card with my $25 Visa gift card and BAM! -- I got some cryptic messaging about how the purchase could not be completed.

It seems like there must be some kind of trigger that invalidates usage for anything that isn't your typical goods or services fare. Really annoying...I get these from relatives on occasion and I always wonder why straight cash is so burdensome
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #1381 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Thanks, I'm glad folks are noticing it. We've reorganized based on your feedback and now correction requests will be addressed much more promptly. COMC is as great as it is because of our active and vocal user base. Keep participating, we're listening. =)



Hi, neckababy1. We've heard from folks who have had the same trouble before; usually it's an address issue. PayPal (who we contract to run credit cards for us) will try to verify the address provided, but the gift card doesn't have a registered address like a regular credit or debit card does so the transaction fails. Usually it can be resolved by calling PayPal and asking them to register the card as belonging to you. PayPal's direct number is 402-935-2050. Helpful Hint: it's a voice activated phone tree, but it has options it doesn't tell you about. Tell it "I'd like to speak to a representitive" no matter what it asks you and you'll get through to a human being.
Thanks!

Jeremy
Thanks jeremy, I did finally figure it out and it as you said- the address issue. I had to go onto the visa card website and "register" the card and then Paypal read it correctly. Thanks for the tip
__________________
I collect Mookie Wilson, Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden.

All of my inventory is kept here- https://www.zistle.com/users/neckababy1
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #1382 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,803
Default

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer anywhere I looked.

Is it possible to see how much cards are selling for on COMC - kind of like a "completed items" search on eBay? Just hoping to gauge what cards are selling for on COMC for comparison. Thanks!
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #1383 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer anywhere I looked.

Is it possible to see how much cards are selling for on COMC - kind of like a "completed items" search on eBay? Just hoping to gauge what cards are selling for on COMC for comparison. Thanks!
You can only see what your cards have sold for, not anybody elses.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #1384 (permalink)
Member
 
Tarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Same question here. I believe the last special was the last National...I'm not ready to buy a plane ticket to save a few bucks on processing, though . I'm stubborn and am holding a bunch of cards simply because I KNOW there will be a processing special a week after I ship my cards in .
Does anybody remember what the special was at the last National? I remember that COMC would accept your boxes, which saved on shipping, but was there a discount on processing fees?

I'm thinking about going to the National, since it's within driving distance this year, and I'm also preparing a shipment to COMC. So I might just hang onto the box and carry it with me.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #1385 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
Does anybody remember what the special was at the last National? I remember that COMC would accept your boxes, which saved on shipping, but was there a discount on processing fees?

I'm thinking about going to the National, since it's within driving distance this year, and I'm also preparing a shipment to COMC. So I might just hang onto the box and carry it with me.
I forgot the exact cost, but it was a flat processing fee for as many cards that would fit in the box they provided...think it was a 400 count size box or so
__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #1386 (permalink)
Member
 
SwagCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
Does anybody remember what the special was at the last National? I remember that COMC would accept your boxes, which saved on shipping, but was there a discount on processing fees?

I'm thinking about going to the National, since it's within driving distance this year, and I'm also preparing a shipment to COMC. So I might just hang onto the box and carry it with me.
I think last year was a 550 count box with up to 5 different products for $55.

NSCC Drop-Off Preview CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

The last 2 years specials have been focussed on a limited number of products. I assume that is to attract people who are opening boxes/cases to drop their new rip.

Both years have included as many cards as you can fit in a certain box, so if you are submitting thick cards the special wasn't particularly useful.
__________________
www.SwagCards.com
SwagCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1387 (permalink)
Member
 
Tarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagCards View Post
I think last year was a 550 count box with up to 5 different products for $55.

NSCC Drop-Off Preview CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

The last 2 years specials have been focussed on a limited number of products. I assume that is to attract people who are opening boxes/cases to drop their new rip.

Both years have included as many cards as you can fit in a certain box, so if you are submitting thick cards the special wasn't particularly useful.
Ahhh... now I remember. Thanks for the link to jog my memory. You're right - it all depends on how many cards you can fit into one of their boxes.

With the regular $.20 processing fees, 260 cards would cost $55. So I would consider anything over 260 cards to be "free". Plus you don't have to pay for shipping and you get your box breaks posted a bit quicker.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #1388 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,341
Default

Does anybody know if COMC puts mini cards in regular sized toploaders or if they have the special small ones? Also how do you order it so you can have everything shipped out after a month or two?
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #1389 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Does anybody know if COMC puts mini cards in regular sized toploaders or if they have the special small ones? Also how do you order it so you can have everything shipped out after a month or two?
Hi newton615. Yes, we do use the smaller sized top loaders for mini cards. If you make a purchase with store credit, you can request shipment of your cards at any time.

As for the national, we do have a special planned. I don't have any details right now, but we'll be sure to let everyone know in advance.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #1390 (permalink)
Member
 
Bottom9th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Land O Lakes, Florida
Posts: 1,231
Default

Sweet....gotta love COMC specials!
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #1391 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

Just read the article on sports card digest about comc and rebranding this summer, the last c is changing from cards to collectibles. Guessing youll be able to send in auto bats, balls and game used materials. Guess my question is will you have to send authentication with it or will they have a 3rd party authenticator on site? Anybody see the article? Have an opinion?
__________________
Pictures by jw442370 - Photobucket
http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac48/jw442370/
Not looking to trade or sell. But if the right offer came, I'd consider it
jw442370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #1392 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
As for the national, we do have a special planned. I don't have any details right now, but we'll be sure to let everyone know in advance.
Hey Jen,

Are there any plans for a mail-in processing special at this point? Not every collector can afford to take time off to travel across the country to visit the national.

Thanks,
-Chad
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #1393 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw442370 View Post
Just read the article on sports card digest about comc and rebranding this summer, the last c is changing from cards to collectibles. Guessing youll be able to send in auto bats, balls and game used materials. Guess my question is will you have to send authentication with it or will they have a 3rd party authenticator on site? Anybody see the article? Have an opinion?
I don't think it's necessarily in terms of memorabilia, but rather focused more towards coins, stamps, and other similar type "collectibles".

I could be wrong.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #1394 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I don't think it's necessarily in terms of memorabilia, but rather focused more towards coins, stamps, and other similar type "collectibles".

I could be wrong.
My thoughts as well. The benefit of COMC is on-site storage and consolidated shipping from multiple sellers, which in my mind are things like trinket-sized collectibles. Then again, they did just move into a much larger facility, so who knows.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #1395 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Hey Jen,

Are there any plans for a mail-in processing special at this point? Not every collector can afford to take time off to travel across the country to visit the national.

Thanks,
-Chad
There is, actually, Chad. We just started running one today.

Magic 2013 Pre-Release Processing Special CheckOutMyCards.com Blog
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #1396 (permalink)
Member
 
Bottom9th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Land O Lakes, Florida
Posts: 1,231
Default

I guess that would be a good deal if I had any Magic cards.
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #1397 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
There is, actually, Chad. We just started running one today.

Magic 2013 Pre-Release Processing Special CheckOutMyCards.com Blog
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm looking to process some Sports Cards . -Chad
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #1398 (permalink)
Member
 
dogzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: International Man of Mystery
Posts: 591
Default

I posted an ad and I have yet to see it. It is now the 7th. I went to the help page but only nothing in there for ad help. Any ideas? Below is the info:

Is Approved: Yes
Start Showing: Monday, June 4th 8:03 AM PDT
Show Until: Monday, June 11th 8:03 AM PDT
Home Page Views: 5,501
Classifieds Page Views: 12,342
Details Page Views: 98
__________________
Buying Red Wings Shields!!!!!
dogzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #1399 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogzman View Post
I posted an ad and I have yet to see it. It is now the 7th. I went to the help page but only nothing in there for ad help. Any ideas? Below is the info:

Is Approved: Yes
Start Showing: Monday, June 4th 8:03 AM PDT
Show Until: Monday, June 11th 8:03 AM PDT
Home Page Views: 5,501
Classifieds Page Views: 12,342
Details Page Views: 98
Email the staff. They will help you out.
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals: Raviry
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #1400 (permalink)
Member
 
dogzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: International Man of Mystery
Posts: 591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Email the staff. They will help you out.
Yeah I did that but no response yet...I would call but I'm currently not in the US right now and don't want to eat through my credit while I'm on hold listening to elevator music for god knows how long.

Hopefully will notice the email and run the ad for the selected 7 days.
__________________
Buying Red Wings Shields!!!!!
dogzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 04:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 03:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 12:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 01:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 07:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 08:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 09:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 01:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 01:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.