Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #1451 (permalink)

Did COMC just change their prices or am I flashin? Could of sworn it was 25 cents per card earlier this week but when I logged on tonight to do the add cards calculator its at 35. Someone just tell me if Im an rtard
Old 09-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #1452 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Did COMC just change their prices or am I flashin? Could of sworn it was 25 cents per card earlier this week but when I logged on tonight to do the add cards calculator its at 35. Someone just tell me if Im an rtard
i dont think the 20/25 cent option is availavle this month. just the 1 week 35 cent option.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #1453 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
i dont think the 20/25 cent option is availavle this month. just the 1 week 35 cent option.
10% of 5 years in 2 weeks CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #1454 (permalink)

Quote:
The 20 cent option is back until the end of the month, no 4 week guarantee though.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #1455 (permalink)

I love the site, but man their customer service just isn't there anymore. I sent two emails last week and no response to either one of them. I remember when they would respond within a few hours at the latest. I know they say you can call, but some people do not have the time to stay on the phone discussing things. I only takes a few seconds to send an email. I really hope their customer service improves after the site change.

PS.....They still have not fixed the sort function. Doesn't look like they plan on doing so.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #1456 (permalink)

Is the sort problem a bug or a feature? My understanding is that, in the future, the asking price displayed on COMC will include a handling fee of 25 cents per card, and that the percentage off sort is based on the asking price with the handling fee added.

It still isn't clear to me how offers, flips, port sales and the like will be conducted, but it sounds like, after the change, they'll all be either a bit more complicated, or a lot more complicated than they are now.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #1457 (permalink)

That being said, my personal preference would be the ability to filter a COMC search by several parameters. If I could weed out cards of a certain book value, cards of a certain asking price, cards where the asking price is a certain percentage of guide, and other factors, then it wouldn't matter so much that the percent off sort is a little bit off.

For that matter, the ability to filter cards of a certain team, or just of All-Stars / Hall of Famers, or just memorabilia or auto cards, or certain print runs, would also make the site a lot more effective.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #1458 (permalink)

Default COMC Ads

Takes these for what they're worth:

Classified Ad Details - CheckOutMyCards.com

Classified Ad Details - CheckOutMyCards.com

2nd one states all offers accepted, but he has max 30% auto accept on or at least it was over the weekend.

1st one could go how you read it or how you think it should read...all offers accepted but......
I put in for some decent cards which at 1/2 of asking would be ebay prices ($460 asking...offered $230) I got countered at $390 and that was after I took out another $300 asking in cards from my original cart because they would be cheaper on ebay.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #1459 (permalink)

yea i had the same problem with the guy...I really try not to look at the ads to much on COMC..Seems to be where the snakes and liars hang out
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #1460 (permalink)

So after looking at several sellers on there, I'm wondering how does it benefit them to sell cards at $0.20 or less considering shipping/insertion fees would make the card more than that?? I'm thinking it may have to do with them submitting cards worth more in value to equal out selling a card that low, but then when I search their highest value card, it's only $30....

What am I missing here??...

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #1461 (permalink)

2nd one states all offers accepted, but he has max 30% auto accept on or at least it was over the weekend.

I noticed that too. "Accepting all offers" but the account was set to automatically reject offers that were 30% off. I wasn't sure if that was intentional on their part or an oversight.

The first one states "no offer rejected", which is to say that they will accept or counter any offer. I imagine most dealers could say the same thing. I don't personally like to use that kind of phrasing, but I do think it's good manners to at least counter a buyer's offer rather than reject it outright. At least, their first offer. If the buyer counters the counteroffer and counters the counter counter offer and counters the counter counter counter offer, then at some point, the dealer might want to stop the process.

I do think that the ad system should be overhauled. If a port is for sale, then every card in the port should be removed from COMC until the port is sold. And I would prefer that it was some sort of auction process where you could actually see what you're bidding against - at least the highest bidder with actual cash in their account and the highest bidder that is using a Request For Proposal.

I also think that, now that everyone has auto accept / auto reject / minimum offer available to them for free, that an account MUST be set to accept x% off if the ad states that the seller will accept all offers of x% off.

I also think that every seller should have 140 characters or so to make an ad, like a Facebook status and that the ads should simply be a list of everyone's status. The ad might read "Go Cubs" or it might read "Accepting all 50% offers". And everyone should have one, and only one.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #1462 (permalink)

So after looking at several sellers on there, I'm wondering how does it benefit them to sell cards at $0.20 or less considering shipping/insertion fees would make the card more than that??

COMC just ran a listing special where members could send in up to five 550 count boxes and have the entire box processed for a flat rate of $55. About 700,000 cards were submitted through this special, and they've been hitting the site for the past couple of weeks. Some people might have included some filler cards, since the price was the same whether the box was half empty or completely full.

In other cases, a seller might be submitting hundreds or even thousands of cards at a time, and some cheap ones accidentally get thrown in. Suppose you pick up 1500cards at a show, and most of them look like they would do well on COMC, but a couple of them are duds. It might be easier to sell the duds for 10 cents, even when you paid 20 cents to process it, than it would to spend hours weeding them out before submitting.

In other cases, a card might have been on the site for a long time and the seller would rather let it go for a cheap price than hang on to it.

In other cases, a seller might have picked up a bunch of cards from a port sale. Maybe they took physical delivery of some of the more expensive cards, and maybe they were able to get their money back on the mid-range cards, and they're willing to blow out the rest.

In other cases, it could be that the card was originally submitted a long time ago, when the submission fee was 15 cents, or during some sort of listing sale when the submission fee was 10 to 15 cents or so.

In other cases, the person submitting the cards might actually work for COMC, and they are allowed to process cards to their account on their own time as a perk of their job.

In other cases, a person might have picked up a bunch of cheap cards from another seller in one of the scenarios above, and they might be trying to flip the card for a couple cents profit. That won't make them rich, but it can be a fun activity, like playing a video game or something.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #1463 (permalink)
Banned

I was curious if COMC still had there special for first time sellers? if so, I'd love to submit some stuff in. Still may anyway.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #1464 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I was curious if COMC still had there special for first time sellers? if so, I'd love to submit some stuff in. Still may anyway.
yep, but you need the coupon. if you email them, they may add the discount anyway.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #1465 (permalink)

My next question would be why has shipping gone up significantly considering they're not even shipped top loaded for protection?? I was going to ship 10 cards and it would have been $5.50. I would get poor feedback through eBay if I had such a high shipping charge. With the amount of cards comc deals with, I would think just a slight change in shipping charges would make huge difference for them...I'm sure a lower shipping charge would attract a much larger audience considering they may just buy 2-3 cards a month and want them shipped. Just my thoughts on it...

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #1466 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
My next question would be why has shipping gone up significantly considering they're not even shipped top loaded for protection?? I was going to ship 10 cards and it would have been $5.50. I would get poor feedback through eBay if I had such a high shipping charge. With the amount of cards comc deals with, I would think just a slight change in shipping charges would make huge difference for them...I'm sure a lower shipping charge would attract a much larger audience considering they may just buy 2-3 cards a month and want them shipped. Just my thoughts on it...
I was a little shocked also that they implemented the change before the new site went live. The new shipping increase was supposed to go along with the "free" shipping tied to COMC.com and the quarter added to each card at the point of sale.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #1467 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
I was a little shocked also that they implemented the change before the new site went live. The new shipping increase was supposed to go along with the "free" shipping tied to COMC.com and the quarter added to each card at the point of sale.
I think the real issue besides the hike, is that it is much higher than what it was supposed to be. We were all aware of a change come 9/1 but it was supposed to be the flat 3.99 (or 2.99) plus the 0.25 on the purchases. I mentioned somewhere else, that I had a few cards I was holding to ship, they were going to be like $4.84 under the old and around $5.69 with the new, but it is showing now at $7.50 for me. Even the "oversized" were raised from the additional 0.45 or .90 to a flat $1 extra. I also thought the old cards were going to be grandfathered for shipping out.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10

Last edited by Cactuspies; 09-23-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #1468 (permalink)

does anyone know if its allowed that i ship my cards (from my inventory) to a different adress then to my own? for example to a friend in canada?
got_Sheed? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #1469 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_Sheed? View Post
does anyone know if its allowed that i ship my cards (from my inventory) to a different adress then to my own? for example to a friend in canada?
Yes you can. When preparing to ship, change the "ship to" address to wherever. It does not change your default address.

I ran a contest and gave away cards from my COMC account. Shipped to 3 different addresses flawlessly!

EDIT: Did not try to ship to Canada, but Ooosh gets cards from there all the time so should work the same.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #1470 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes you can. When preparing to ship, change the "ship to" address to wherever. It does not change your default address.

I ran a contest and gave away cards from my COMC account. Shipped to 3 different addresses flawlessly!

EDIT: Did not try to ship to Canada, but Ooosh gets cards from there all the time so should work the same.
cool.thanks for the quick answer
got_Sheed? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #1471 (permalink)

I'm curious on what items are being considered for "beta test" submissions for COMC. I'm thinking collectible coins, paper money, comics, magazines are being considered. Primarily item which can be scanned/catalogued relatively easily and shipped at a resonable price-point. What about items such as bottle caps, autographed 8x10s (I assume COA is necessary) and stamps? If COA is required for autos, who are the acceptible authenticators?

-Chad

Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #1472 (permalink)

Anyone know the rules for sending comic books in? Are we allowed to send them with the cardboard behind the comic in the bag? that sounds similar to being in a top loader so wanted to ask before sending

All of my inventory is kept here- www.beckett.com/users/neckababy1 and updated daily.
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #1473 (permalink)

Anybody seeing a change in sales volume? I'm not sure if it is the new changes or the end of baseball season, but I'm seeing a severe dip in sales...

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #1474 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
Anybody seeing a change in sales volume? I'm not sure if it is the new changes or the end of baseball season, but I'm seeing a severe dip in sales...
I can't compare as I just had 4 larger batches go live, so there is still a good flow of sales from them, but prior to them going live, it did seem sales have stunted a bit IMO.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #1475 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
My sales have been dropping pretty steadily over the last 4 or 5 months. I think it's due to the increasing shipping costs for buyers. Also, we haven't had a shipping special in almost a year. I rarely see people buying whole bunches of cards like they used to. I'm worried this trend is going to be permanent.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote