Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #1476 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
My sales have been dropping pretty steadily over the last 4 or 5 months. I think it's due to the increasing shipping costs for buyers. Also, we haven't had a shipping special in almost a year. I rarely see people buying whole bunches of cards like they used to. I'm worried this trend is going to be permanent.
I have had people buying in bulk alot more now than previously.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #1477 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
My sales have been dropping pretty steadily over the last 4 or 5 months. I think it's due to the increasing shipping costs for buyers. Also, we haven't had a shipping special in almost a year. I rarely see people buying whole bunches of cards like they used to. I'm worried this trend is going to be permanent.
Mine were great over the summer, but I have seen the decline in September and October.

I would attribute this to probably a number of reasons including

- The end of baseball season (my port is 80% baseball)
- The flooding of the market in September with the 5th anniversary (most of my stuff at lowest price when added, was no longer at lowest price. This, combined with a 60-72 hour work week and no time to update my prices probably was a reason for a slow down)

But it seems that about half of my sales have been Amazon over the past 2 weeks, which would make me think that there has been even less traffic on the site. I'm hoping the transition in sites doesn't ruin a good thing.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #1478 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
Anybody seeing a change in sales volume? I'm not sure if it is the new changes or the end of baseball season, but I'm seeing a severe dip in sales...
Same here. And I have mostly football cards.
immediex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #1479 (permalink)

Big dip last 3 days
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #1480 (permalink)

Number of cards sold has been lower but total sales seems right on track for me at the moment
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #1481 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immediex View Post
Same here. And I have mostly football cards.
And I have mostly basketball. I don't think seasons have much to do with it. The increased shipping costs are the cause. Not only was last month my worst sales month in a year, the average book value of cards sold was the highest I've had in two years. This makes sense because the cheaper cards are more adversely effected by increased shipping costs than the more expensive cards.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #1482 (permalink)

Things must be really slow on the card side. My last shipment just went live 11 days before they were due. First time anything I've shipped has done that more than a couple hours before they were due.
theacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #1483 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
Things must be really slow on the card side. My last shipment just went live 11 days before they were due. First time anything I've shipped has done that more than a couple hours before they were due.
Nothing here is slow. We have about a quarter million cards due on one day. We have to get a bunch done early in order to hit that deadline.
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #1484 (permalink)

Ok Tim...I gotta ask. Is there a reason you have a monopoly on all the Matt Maloney cards on COMC? One doesn't just acquire so many Matt Maloney cards, except through trying.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #1485 (permalink)

OK, I just do not get this new shipping charge and how it relates to making a 50% offer. Perfect example- was on the old site and saw a card selling by BigRed- 2004 Leaf Limited Lumberjacks #11 Darryl Strawberry. He has it listed for.60. Jump to the new site- same card listed for .85 cents. I get it, that has the .25 cent shipping built in. So I make an offer at .45 cents which is a little more than 50%, he has 50% auto accept enable and it comes back that I must make a minimum offer of .55 cents. Which if my math is correct the new price with the shipping built in plus another 25 cents. Someone please explain this to me.

Edit:

BTW- I just jumped back to the old site put in the 45 cent offer and it accepted it there.

All of my inventory is kept here- www.beckett.com/users/neckababy1 and updated daily.
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #1486 (permalink)

his price is 0.60, so the minimum offer is 50% or 0.30, then you add the 0.25 shipping so total minimum is 0.55
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #1487 (permalink)

yes that is it. On the new site, subtract .25, divide in half, add .25.

I haven't had this much fun with math since learning to how convert fahrenheit to celsius in grade school
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #1488 (permalink)

I have seen the same decrease in sales over the past couple of months. Basically, they have dropped in half. If not for new cards that were added in the anniversary special, I would probably have sold 100 cards this month. This compares to 400-500 just 3-4 months ago.

Been thinking about throwing everything up in a port sale instead of having the inventory sit with COMC.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #1489 (permalink)

I was wondering about shipping cards to COMC. I currently have my my cards (about 130) packaged in flimsy cardboard boxes and inside a 300 count cardboard box. It would cost me about $10-11 to send it.
Can you ship in a small flat rate box? the tiny cardboard boxes won't fit, but I can stack the cards. I dont have team bags to put the cards in, would putting them in ziplock sandwich baggies and taping around them be ok? Thanks
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #1490 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
I was wondering about shipping cards to COMC. I currently have my my cards (about 130) packaged in flimsy cardboard boxes and inside a 300 count cardboard box. It would cost me about $10-11 to send it.
Can you ship in a small flat rate box? the tiny cardboard boxes won't fit, but I can stack the cards. I dont have team bags to put the cards in, would putting them in ziplock sandwich baggies and taping around them be ok? Thanks
best way (and cheapest) is to order the flat rate padded mailers from the USPS...they are free to order and you can fit a 400 ct box in them easily, postage ios only $5.10 on them
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #1491 (permalink)

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but my sales really slowed down end of last week into the beginning of this week. All of a sudden the last three days I have been selling a bunch of stuff - lots of offers and straight purchases. I haven't added any new cards (do have around 700-800 coming in the next week or so, but everything else has been there a bit. Maybe things are picking back up.
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #1492 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflasvegas View Post
yes that is it. On the new site, subtract .25, divide in half, add .25.

I haven't had this much fun with math since learning to how convert fahrenheit to celsius in grade school
Should it really be this difficult to figure out a 50% offer?

This is one of the reasons I spent my remaining credit and having everything shipped to me (except for three cards because I messed up the amount of shipping on those too- LOL)

All of my inventory is kept here- www.beckett.com/users/neckababy1 and updated daily.
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #1493 (permalink)

Anyone else having trouble making offers thru the site? I have a big cart full of cards and can't get the offer through.
colls69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #1494 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but my sales really slowed down end of last week into the beginning of this week. All of a sudden the last three days I have been selling a bunch of stuff - lots of offers and straight purchases. I haven't added any new cards (do have around 700-800 coming in the next week or so, but everything else has been there a bit. Maybe things are picking back up.
It's really hard to gauge sales on small sample sizes. I thought my sales were down also. I'm currently having the slowest month in a year. However, I'm on pace to have more sales than last October. After looking at my month to month sales, I realized that historically, October is typically a slow month for me (based on three years of data).
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #1495 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Have their ads started running in Beckett yet?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #1496 (permalink)

I'm finally going to send out my cards to COMC, couple of questions first. If this can be answered ASAP, i'd appreciate it, I want to get them out tomorrow :
on the "submit items" page, it says to make sure you have at least "X" dollars of store credit. I have that $20.00 coupon for first time sellers, would I need to to add the full amount of store credit, or can I do less since I have that coupon?

Also I'm sending it via USPS, Priority with a DC. Do you guys put insurance on it? Im just curious if people do it or not.

Thanks !
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #1497 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
I'm finally going to send out my cards to COMC, couple of questions first. If this can be answered ASAP, i'd appreciate it, I want to get them out tomorrow :
on the "submit items" page, it says to make sure you have at least "X" dollars of store credit. I have that $20.00 coupon for first time sellers, would I need to to add the full amount of store credit, or can I do less since I have that coupon?

Also I'm sending it via USPS, Priority with a DC. Do you guys put insurance on it? Im just curious if people do it or not.

Thanks !

I believe with the coupon you should be fine submitting the cards, if you are looking for a quick sure answer I recommend calling COMC.

I use to use insurance for my shipments until I was told you must be able to provide proof of value to claim your insurance if cards are lost or severely damaged. So that means you would have to provide receipts for each card being claimed and wait forever to get your money I would rather keep the extra few dollars and take my chances (All have arrived just as a I sent them thusfar)

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #1498 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Put a note in with the cards and they'll adjust the totals (as well as adding the coupon).
Old 11-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #1499 (permalink)

Damn you Tim Getsch!! You will rue the day that you declined my offer on that Matt Maloney card
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #1500 (permalink)

I rarely buy cards from COMC that I won't flip, but decided to do some PC buying yesterday. The last offer was accepted today, and I entered the shipping details this morning. I already received confirmation that all my cards have been packaged and shipped!

Now that's great service!!! Thank you COMC.