Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #1501 (permalink)

anyone know...for sportkings cards that are in toploaders already...does COMC charge the additional fee for them since they are in a toploader (even if they are not removing from the toploader)
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #1502 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
anyone know...for sportkings cards that are in toploaders already...does COMC charge the additional fee for them since they are in a toploader (even if they are not removing from the toploader)
Each encased SK card will cost an extra $0.75 to process as it is considered "oversized".
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #1503 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Damn you Tim Getsch!! You will rue the day that you declined my offer on that Matt Maloney card
You will also rue the day that you raised its price on me
Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #1504 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Each encased SK card will cost an extra $0.75 to process as it is considered "oversized".
Oversized is actually $.50 now
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #1505 (permalink)

thank you for your reply

Last edited by repyourteam; 11-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.
repyourteam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #1506 (permalink)

Sales tax, no. But income is income. You have to account for it somehow, either as a "hobby" or as a "business". I'd recommend a discussion with a tax professional.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #1507 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
Oversized is actually $.50 now
Good deal. I guess they flagged the old fees page now

Fees - CheckOutMyCards.com
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #1508 (permalink)

this is what I love: checkoutmycards.com vs comc.com for shipping:

I have 10 cards I have been holding to ship:

On checkoutmycards:
Standard $7.20
Bulk $6.70, 10 card min.

On COMC for the SAME cards:
$7.75 Standard
$4.75 Bulk, 50 card min

These both are still different than what I was told before the newer site went live. I did get an email about black friday specials so I'll see if what the email said is true. I still don't see previously purchased cards before 9/1 being grandfathered in for the 0.25 additional shipping and my graded/jumbo cards which were 0.45-0.90 additional are all a flat $1 each.

I hardly ever get cards shipped to me, but these one I do actually want, but so many different prices and stories.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #1509 (permalink)

Anybody else getting this when they go to comc.com? I get it there and the blog, but not on checkoutmycards.com.

Flip_My_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #1510 (permalink)

No Warning going to the site for me...

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #1511 (permalink)

I was getting a bad content warning yesterday, though not that extreme. It seems to be fine today.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #1512 (permalink)

Smile Better than I would have dreamed

I only got back into trading cards, my favorite hobby as a youth, about 6 months ago. I stumbled upon checkoutmycards in my nonstop googling to see where the hobby had evolved in my absense. Heard some chatter on blogs and podcasts confirming it's legitamacy and gave it a go. Set up an account, flipped one card and immediately got hooked. I spent a week of free time digging through my childhood collection and pricing all my cards on the website to see what was worth sending in. The National Convention Speical came up and I found my opportunity. I sent every valuable card I owned at the time. Didn't insure the package and it just disappeared. Tracking showed it leaving a sort center and never arriving. I was really disparaged, my entire collection, my entire childhood gone. Of course I had fun since rebuilding, but I was completely crushed.

Smash cut to this morning, I get an email from COMC customer service, the package magically reappeared and got delivered. They say since it was mailed before August 6th that they'll honor the National Special pricing, no condition fees and get it done in two weeks so I can price it for black friday. Tears streaming down my face, this has to be the happiest the hobby can make someone. The feeling of not loosing something, is 1,000 times better then the feeling of winning something. Then the combination of the two best processing speicals in the sites history being enacted together(thanks so much COMC)!! Somebody pinch me.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #1513 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkaholic View Post
I only got back into trading cards, my favorite hobby as a youth, about 6 months ago. I stumbled upon checkoutmycards in my nonstop googling to see where the hobby had evolved in my absense. Heard some chatter on blogs and podcasts confirming it's legitamacy and gave it a go. Set up an account, flipped one card and immediately got hooked. I spent a week of free time digging through my childhood collection and pricing all my cards on the website to see what was worth sending in. The National Convention Speical came up and I found my opportunity. I sent every valuable card I owned at the time. Didn't insure the package and it just disappeared. Tracking showed it leaving a sort center and never arriving. I was really disparaged, my entire collection, my entire childhood gone. Of course I had fun since rebuilding, but I was completely crushed.

Smash cut to this morning, I get an email from COMC customer service, the package magically reappeared and got delivered. They say since it was mailed before August 6th that they'll honor the National Special pricing, no condition fees and get it done in two weeks so I can price it for black friday. Tears streaming down my face, this has to be the happiest the hobby can make someone. The feeling of not loosing something, is 1,000 times better then the feeling of winning something. Then the combination of the two best processing speicals in the sites history being enacted together(thanks so much COMC)!! Somebody pinch me.
Wow that went from really sad to really happy in one paragraph! Awesome customer service! Thanks COMC!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #1514 (permalink)

Why are some of the cards priced differently on comc.com vs checkoutmycards.com ???

55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #1515 (permalink)

Why are some of the cards priced differently on comc.com vs checkoutmycards.com ???

On COMC.com, the price includes the handling fee (usually 25 cents per card), so that if you get the cards shipped to you, you only have to pay flat rate postage (about $3 per order).

On Checkoutmycards.com, the price is just the price of the card. If you have the card delivered, you have to pay a handling fee plus postage.

If you're at COMC.com, you can switch to the old price by going to:

My Dashboard
My Profile & Options
scroll down to "Outgoing offers", and click "Advanced Reselling Mode".
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #1516 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkaholic View Post

Thank you for sharing! I am glad that my team is here to serve you. We always strive to do everything we can to help fellow collectors enjoy their hobby. It is stories like this that inspire me to work so hard.

Tim Getsch
COMC Founder & CEO
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #1517 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post

On COMC.com, the price includes the handling fee (usually 25 cents per card), so that if you get the cards shipped to you, you only have to pay flat rate postage (about $3 per order).

On Checkoutmycards.com, the price is just the price of the card. If you have the card delivered, you have to pay a handling fee plus postage.

If you're at COMC.com, you can switch to the old price by going to:

My Dashboard
My Profile & Options
scroll down to "Outgoing offers", and click "Advanced Reselling Mode".
thanks for the quick reply , that makes sense now.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #1518 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

Ok seriously, I have to tip my hat to COMC. I just shipped out a 180 card order the other day for one month service. I was in a rush and it slipped my mind about the special. Guess what? They emailed me that they got the cards and will process them at black Friday special.

You guys are phenomenal.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #1519 (permalink)

In 3 years I've only had 1 package lost by USPS. Of course it was 1000K worth of cards and I insured it for 100. They still haven't found it, but know where it was lost(last location).. I wonder if some nasty employee snagged it as they can clearly see where it's going.. oh well, just a bump in the road to massive wealth, fame and fortune.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #1520 (permalink)

ok so i have 5000 cards ready to go for my first COMC shipment. all inserts, #'d RCs, parallels and such...

QUESTION TIME!

1. should i be sending in numbered scrub rookies?

2. would they give me a discount if i did 5000 cards? paying $.25 per might make it a bad investment.

3. are thick exquisite cards considered oversized?

thanks in advance!

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #1521 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
ok so i have 5000 cards ready to go for my first COMC shipment. all inserts, #'d RCs, parallels and such...

QUESTION TIME!

Numbered stuff has done really well for me, though I usually do stars, and Hall of Famers

2. would they give me a discount if i did 5000 cards? paying $.25 per might make it a bad investment.
I don't think there's a volume discount, but you can contact staff@comc.com

not that I know of

thanks in advance!
Answers added. Best of luck with you cards. I've been on COMC for a little over 2 years and have been very pleased with everything.
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #1522 (permalink)

Quote:

QUESTION TIME!

thanks in advance!
1. No. Unless they are numbered parallels or from very recent product, etc.

2. No.

3. No. They didn't the last time I checked, but that was 2009 Exquisite FB. I'm not sure if the newer stuff is thicker and would qualify. As far as I know, it's only if the Height or Width is larger, not the thickness.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #1523 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
Ok seriously, I have to tip my hat to COMC. I just shipped out a 180 card order the other day for one month service. I was in a rush and it slipped my mind about the special. Guess what? They emailed me that they got the cards and will process them at black Friday special.

You guys are phenomenal.
Thanks, Y2Hood. Really appreciate the kind words. Credit ultimately goes to Tim for creating an atmosphere here of helping people and going the extra mile. We're in this biz because we love the hobby too. I'm going to let the team in processing know; they are all pretty amazing. =)

Quote:

QUESTION TIME!

thanks in advance!
Hi, dashcounter. Anything 130pt thickness or more is considered "oversized". There's an unofficial guide available here which you can print out for loose reference: http://www.checkoutmycards.com/StandardSize.pdf
Please note that the service levels reference on the doc are out of date though. Sending oversized stuff in is actually cheaper now. Thanks!

Jeremy, COMC
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #1524 (permalink)

Every so often, I'll have a card in my inventory suddenly not have pricing and I get the "need attention" notification in my dashboard. I assume this typically means the card was previously mislisted and now that it has been corrected thus needed new pricing but I'm not sure. Some of the cards this happens to, I can't imagine them being mislisted so I'm really not sure. Anyone know?
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #1525 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric88 View Post
Every so often, I'll have a card in my inventory suddenly not have pricing and I get the "need attention" notification in my dashboard. I assume this typically means the card was previously mislisted and now that it has been corrected thus needed new pricing but I'm not sure. Some of the cards this happens to, I can't imagine them being mislisted so I'm really not sure. Anyone know?
Yes, it's often due to a correction in the listed set or card number, but sometimes it's due to a significant change in book value. I think it's setup to protect you in case your asking price becomes far out-of-whack.

But other times it just doesn't make any sense and I have no idea why.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote