Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #1576 (permalink)

Got mine too, but noticed that I don't see anything on my main page about it. Evidently we need to remember and note it when sending in cards.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #1577 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Will the "Sale" functionality be available going forward after today? If so, is there an added cost involved and will there continue to be front page exposure to sellers who are running sales (as compared to the advertisements which have been available)?
I am still curious on this. I think this would be a great tool to use perpetually.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #1578 (permalink)

This is right out of the email sent to me:
Thank you for posting a Black Friday Weekend Promotion! Next week we will start allowing you to post more promotions. Keep an eye on the blog for more details.

I sent a note with the Voucher # on my latest batch for processing. Nice and easy.
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #1579 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom9th View Post
This is right out of the email sent to me:
Thank you for posting a Black Friday Weekend Promotion! Next week we will start allowing you to post more promotions. Keep an eye on the blog for more details.
Good deal.

Side note: I was blown away with how quickly my BF orders were shipped out. They must be working OT to get those out with all the orders they had.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #1580 (permalink)

So I've never encountered this on COMC, but today I got an email with a Returned Item Notification. Didn't know you could get such a thing but apparently someone bought a card off me and somehow didn't want it and had it returned to my account for a full refund. I'm really not liking this...are we suddenly turning into Ebay where if someone buys a card in the middle of the night because they're drunk they could return it the following morning...hey, once you make that mistake, it's with you the rest of your life!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1581 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
So I've never encountered this on COMC, but today I got an email with a Returned Item Notification. Didn't know you could get such a thing but apparently someone bought a card off me and somehow didn't want it and had it returned to my account for a full refund. I'm really not liking this...are we suddenly turning into Ebay where if someone buys a card in the middle of the night because they're drunk they could return it the following morning...hey, once you make that mistake, it's with you the rest of your life!
I didn't know about this. I would like to know the conditions that would allow this to happen.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #1582 (permalink)

I got the same thing. It was a cheap card but I'm with mwheeler. What are the conditions for this?
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #1583 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure these returns are in the case of Amazon purchases per their policies. Normally COMC just ate it when it came to these returns, but maybe the volume is getting a tad to high to continue that policy.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #1584 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm pretty sure these returns are in the case of Amazon purchases per their policies. Normally COMC just ate it when it came to these returns, but maybe the volume is getting a tad to high to continue that policy.
I'm not sure I like the idea of someone else handling my cards, shipping them out, then getting charged back for returns...Amazon or otherwise.

Hopefully these instances are few and far between. As of right now, I have never had one of these that I remember, "knock on wood".
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #1585 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I'm not sure I like the idea of someone else handling my cards, shipping them out, then getting charged back for returns...Amazon or otherwise.

Hopefully these instances are few and far between. As of right now, I have never had one of these that I remember, "knock on wood".
I woke up to this today also. 3 cards (all cole hamels purchased at same time) for about 100 bucks. THe orig sale was just on tuesday, so there is no way the person got them and shipped em back already. And yes, they were amazon sales.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #1586 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
I woke up to this today also. 3 cards (all cole hamels purchased at same time) for about 100 bucks. THe orig sale was just on tuesday, so there is no way the person got them and shipped em back already. And yes, they were amazon sales.
Hopefully this clears it up some:

Getting ready to list your items on Amazon | COMC Blog

I'm wondering if these were cancelled orders through Amazon rather than returns.

Per Tim Getsch:

We have had the same return policy for a few years, and it hasnít changed for Amazon. Buyers get one week to once they receive their items to let us know if they want to return anything. They then have another week to actually send it back to us. We have a very low return rate, so we nearly always absorbed that cost instead of passing it back to the seller. We have had only a couple high dollar cards returned in the past 4 years that we had to put back into the original sellerís account. Everything else, we absorbed.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #1587 (permalink)

Hadn't heard of this previously - I've sold well north of 2,000 cards now and never had it happen. Makes me want to rethink the whole Amazon thing as they are a small part of my business.

Quote:

I'm wondering if these were cancelled orders through Amazon rather than returns.

Per Tim Getsch:

We have had the same return policy for a few years, and it hasnít changed for Amazon. Buyers get one week to once they receive their items to let us know if they want to return anything. They then have another week to actually send it back to us. We have a very low return rate, so we nearly always absorbed that cost instead of passing it back to the seller. We have had only a couple high dollar cards returned in the past 4 years that we had to put back into the original sellerís account. Everything else, we absorbed.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #1588 (permalink)

Quote:

Yep, you are correct. This was a canceled Amazon order. The buyer made a $300 order and canceled it the same day. Per Amazon's return policy (and ours) we have to honor that. Since that rarely happens on our site, we used to always absorb returns like this. However, Amazon returns/cancellations are nearly 10 times more common. So I finally wrote the code last night to reverse the order and put the items back into our inventory system.
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #1589 (permalink)

Any word on if there'll be another submission special soon a la the one we had around the time of the National?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #1590 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Any word on if there'll be another submission special soon a la the one we had around the time of the National?
Nothing planned at the moment. However we are working on some new technology that might help us reduce some of our processing costs. If we find success, we will try to pass that along.
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #1591 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgetsch View Post
Nothing planned at the moment. However we are working on some new technology that might help us reduce some of our processing costs. If we find success, we will try to pass that along.
Very cool! Looking forward to it
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #1592 (permalink)

Quote:
Buyers get one week to once they receive their items to let us know if they want to return anything. They then have another week to actually send it back to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timgetsch View Post
Yep, you are correct. This was a canceled Amazon order. The buyer made a $300 order and canceled it the same day. Per Amazon's return policy (and ours) we have to honor that. Since that rarely happens on our site, we used to always absorb returns like this. However, Amazon returns/cancellations are nearly 10 times more common. So I finally wrote the code last night to reverse the order and put the items back into our inventory system.
So basically someone can buy something on Amazon and have what amounts to 2 weeks to either try to flip it, get it graded, or whatever else they want to do with it and if they can't make a profit, or if the card doesn't grade as high as they hoped, or if that player goes down with a major injury, they can return it with no repercussions?
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #1593 (permalink)

On Amazon, anyone can return anything for any reason. The dynamic there is very different than on eBay. Amazon itself is the seller. They do not consider themselves to be a "venue". They are the internet's largest retailer, and they have a catalog of items for sale. They allow "third party merchants" to create listings and fill gaps in their catalog, but as far as they're concerned, it's their site and the customer is king.

It's kind of like if Wal-Mart were to let you sell stuff on a shelf in the back of their store. They would pay attention to what's selling, and if they saw you making a lot of money off a particular, repeatable product, they would figure out where you were getting the stuff and start selling it themselves, cutting your profit off at the knees. If they can't stock the item themselves, they will let you sell it, and take a cut of your sales. They still make money, and you help to populate their catalog with a wider variety of items.

Something like 1/3 of all items sold on the internet are sold through Amazon. They are like the Borg. They will assimilate you into the collective and then move on to assimilate others.

Last edited by checkoutmydeals; 12-07-2012 at 03:21 PM.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #1594 (permalink)

Random selling question, is it smart to sell complete base sets on COMC, or better to do the full set on ebay? I have a few basketball base sets like Legends, Jordan Athlete of the Century set. The singles on COMC are listed about a dollar on average.
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #1595 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
Random selling question, is it smart to sell complete base sets on COMC, or better to do the full set on ebay? I have a few basketball base sets like Legends, Jordan Athlete of the Century set. The singles on COMC are listed about a dollar on average.
if the individual cards will bring more than the set as a whole then it is probably worth it. just compare what each could possibly bring after fees are factored in and if you need the quick sale or have no issues letting them sit on comc.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #1596 (permalink)

If they're listed for $1 on COMC, figure conservatively that you could readily get 50 cents on average. Then figure that it will cost you 25 cents to process. So, you'll have 25 cents profit. But if you cash out the 50 cents, you'll get 40 cents cash, so it will be a 15 cent profit if you're paying cash to process and getting cash from COMC. (As opposed to using existing COMC Credit for the processing fee and using the COMC credit to buy additional cards).

So, when the smoke clears, you'll have about 15 cents per card more than you have now. If you assume eBay / Paypal fees of 12%, you'd need to sell the card lot for an average of about 18 cents.

If you figure that the cards will sell, on average, for 70 cents, then you'd need to sell the eBay lot for an average of 35 cents to reach parity.

If you already have COMC credit in your account, and value it the same as cash (because you can use it to purchase items that you would otherwise use cash to obtain), then the breakeven point with eBay would be about 28 cents to about 52 cents per card.

You don't have to choose between trying to sell on eBay and trying to sell on COMC. You could do both. You could list the lot as a bulk lot on eBay first, as a fixed price with best offer or as an auction with an opening bid that's at least as much as you would clear on COMC. Then, if it doesn't sell, you can submit the cards to COMC.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #1597 (permalink)

I wonder when promotions will be available - would like to run pre-Christmas sales starting this weekend.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #1598 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I wonder when promotions will be available - would like to run pre-Christmas sales starting this weekend.
Agreed. That would be some sweet timing.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #1599 (permalink)

it's been pretty quiet over at COMC. Lots of hoopla around Black Friday and rolling out the new site in the last 2 months. But since Black Friday nothing has happened. Weird figuring that it is the Christmas buying season.
decabo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #1600 (permalink)

I bought some cards for the Black Friday sale they had but nothing since then waiting for another promo. I figure as soon as I make another purchase they will have another promo. If I keep waiting I may not get the cards in time for Christmas.
I am collecting LeBron James 2010-11 cards in general. 100 different 2010-11 cards and 100 total LeBron cards reached on May 11, 2012. 191 total LeBrons cards now. I got 177 certified autographed cards with 100 being reached on 10-11-12, 150 reached on 3-25-13 and 1 Manute Bol "non-certified" autograph. (none of LeBron of course)
dxtrfn80 is offline   Reply With Quote