Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #1651 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKHMERICA View Post
I have a question, Can I send in a single shipment of cards with different processing services?

Say I had 50 cards. 5 of these I wanted to be processed in a week and the others in a month. Would I be able to send all the cards in a single shipment? If so, how? Thanks!
Yes, I've just packed stuff separately but in the same box and labeled what I want 1 week processing and what I want for a month processing
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #1652 (permalink)

I normally just put a slip of paper in team bags for each service. Note you'll be charged the batch fee on each type of service.
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #1653 (permalink)

Say I had 50 cards. 5 of these I wanted to be processed in a week and the others in a month. Would I be able to send all the cards in a single shipment? If so, how? Thanks!

Send them in the same shipment, but keep them separate from each other. So, you might send a Flat Rate Priority Box with 3 card boxes in it. One box might have 1 month processing cards, one box might have 1 week processing cards, and one box might have oversized processing cards. Label the outside of each box with your userid, and the processing service that you want for each box. It's probably prudent to print 4 invoices, and include one with each box and one with the entire shipment, but that's probably not strictly necessary.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #1654 (permalink)

There aren't batch fees anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwoodford View Post
I normally just put a slip of paper in team bags for each service. Note you'll be charged the batch fee on each type of service.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #1655 (permalink)

Here is what I do - hasn't been an issue over the course of 7-8 shipments sent in. I use one 200 count box and put all the 1 week processing cards together on one end. I use a divider and place a post it not saying 1 week processing with an arrow pointing in the direction those cards are. The other cards are placed on the other side of the divider with a separate sticky saying 1 month processing. I only print one order form with both types of processing included...it's a lot simpler than it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKHMERICA View Post
I have a question, Can I send in a single shipment of cards with different processing services?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #1656 (permalink)

Awesome! Thanks for the responses guys!
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #1657 (permalink)

Im with you Coco,I am stricly vintage and you cant really flip cards in the bad buckets.So i dont even look in them and probably never will. It is without question the worst idea/change COMC has come up....As for when they will be finished it looks like they are wrapping up the 1950's.So a long way from now
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #1658 (permalink)

Am I going crazy or do we have book prices on the new COMC now? Is this going to stay?
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #1659 (permalink)

Is COMC not letting anyone else log on?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #1660 (permalink)

I noticed a few days ago and posted - no one responded so I wasn't sure. It's been going on this past week - no announcement from COMC about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric88 View Post
Am I going crazy or do we have book prices on the new COMC now? Is this going to stay?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #1661 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Is COMC not letting anyone else log on?
I've noticed that it depends on what browser I am using if the sign in link shows up or not. sometimes i have to go into someones cards to get the sign in page to work. I've noticed this issues for a while but it used to be hidden for some reason, now it doesnt even show up on the main page (mainly w/IE8)
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #1662 (permalink)

Yesterday I got in a batch that I had shipped with the old checkoutmycards.com bulk shipping. Very nice job by the way guys. Got a personally signed thank you letter from Tim, COMC stickers, some referral cards for my friends and a COMC mousepad. I did get about 30 cards returned to me from previous batches I had sent in. A lot of stuff with some small surface wear and slightly dinged corners. I have to make a comment though about black or colored cards, that they chip and show wear very easily so I think you guys need to be a little more lenient on allowing those cards onto the site as it is very common with these cards and many are pulled straight from the pack in that condition. Your scans help greatly and nowhere you buy cards from everything is going to be 100% gem mint.

Also had a Paris Warren mirror gold auto/15 returned to me that does have some significant chipping. Wouldn't a card like that be accepted just because of how rare it is? A Paris Warren supercollector or mirror gold collector might pick it up on the cheap. Wouldn't exactly say it's garbage.

And the last thing, I got a couple Topps rookie premiere autos returned to me. First one is a Jerryd Bayless which I know is a legit auto and in mint condition because I pulled it from a Topps jumbo box back in 08-09. The other is a Jason Smith red ink auto from 2009 football. I know there's been issues with these cards and fakes, and I didn't pull it myself but picked it up in a lot off a pretty reputable seller. Just wondering what your thoughts are on these topics?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #1663 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
Got a personally signed thank you letter from Tim, COMC stickers, some referral cards for my friends and a COMC mousepad.
We want!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #1664 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
I've noticed that it depends on what browser I am using if the sign in link shows up or not. sometimes i have to go into someones cards to get the sign in page to work. I've noticed this issues for a while but it used to be hidden for some reason, now it doesnt even show up on the main page (mainly w/IE8)
It started working again when I used my laptop. I was on my iPad when the issues occurred.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #1665 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

How does one go about offering their entire port up for sale at one time?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #1666 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
How does one go about offering their entire port up for sale at one time?
You can run a classified ad for "port sale" which will provide statistics and allow offers on the whole port. I believe this type of feature will be added to the new "promotion" section of the site in the near future as well.

If you just want to sell the port outright without paying for advertising, a buyer can choose "add all cards from this seller" through their shopping card under "make offer" after adding a card from that seller to their cart.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #1667 (permalink)

Just curious how others are faring with Promotions. I've run two now and my stats are:

12/28-12/29 (1 Day) - 34 Cards Sold - $45.30 (30% Off)
1/08-1/09 (1 Day) - 47 Cards Sold - $63.75 (35-40% Off)

I ran a three day auto accept last weekend and sold a lot of lower end stuff at 30% off AA. If I'm not running an AA ad or Promotion my sales have been pretty slow so far this month. I'm averaging $14-15 per day in comparison to the previous three months of sales averageing $18-20 per day.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1668 (permalink)

Looking at my sales history for the past three years, January and February are much slower than November and December. I've probably bought more this month than I've sold. That being said, I think your numbers are in line with what I've been averaging.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #1669 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Just curious how others are faring with Promotions. I've run two now and my stats are:

12/28-12/29 (1 Day) - 34 Cards Sold - $45.30 (30% Off)
1/08-1/09 (1 Day) - 47 Cards Sold - $63.75 (35-40% Off)
185 cards, $92.15 (1 day, 40% off). I think about 90% of the sales were to flippers. I'm not sure how many buyers who actually want the cards delivered are tuned in to the sales.

I will say, as a buyer myself, the sales are way more useful than the old auto-accept sales. I don't have to pick through each person's inventory separately. I just run one general search and I don't even notice the people having sales that are not competitively priced.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #1670 (permalink)

I've done a handful of promotions, each with slowly increasing discounts (started at 25% and went up about 5% with each successive promo). Here's the damage:

3098 Sale $12.96 6 12/28/2012 12/29/2012 12/28/2012 View
3128 Sale $94.03 22 12/31/2012 1/1/2013 12/31/2012 View
3151 Sale $15.20 12 1/2/2013 1/3/2013 1/2/2013 View
3169 Sale $124.22 108 1/4/2013 1/5/2013 1/4/2013 View
3188 Sale $125.53 120 1/6/2013 1/7/2013 1/6/2013 View

On a side note, since then, I've done two 2-day advertisements at 50% auto-accept and have had relatively better success, not to mention no 3% added commission.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #1671 (permalink)

I will say, as a buyer myself, the sales are way more useful than the old auto-accept sales. I don't have to pick through each person's inventory separately. I just run one general search and I don't even notice the people having sales that are not competitively priced.

I agree with that 100%. Especially because, on the new site, it's very cumbersome to search through thousands of cards from the same seller.

I can kind of see their point about not watering down the site with too many sales, but I also think the current price structure favors large sellers at the expense of smaller sellers.

Here's my suggestion to counteract that: give everyone one free "Promotional Sale" per month, regardless of how small their account is. Let them choose the day they run the sale.

Let's say 750 dealers end up participating in that. That means, on any given day, you'd have an average of 25 dealers having free sales, on top of the 10 or 15 dealers that are running paid sales. And it would be different sellers with different cards on sale at different markdowns every day.

So the buyers would have an incentive to come to the site frequently to see what's on sale. And the sellers would get to move some cards they wouldn't have otherwise sold, and they get to test out the Promotional Sale feature to see if it's something they'd like to pay for. And COMC has more sales and more buzz. It's win-win-win.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #1672 (permalink)

So i was given some non-sports cards today that I think might be worth it to send to COMC, but there are currently no cards of that type on the site. If I send them, will they just add the category or do they only accept cards that are already there?
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #1673 (permalink)

So i was given some non-sports cards today that I think might be worth it to send to COMC, but there are currently no cards of that type on the site. If I send them, will they just add the category or do they only accept cards that are already there?

It depends. If the cards are in Beckett's database, they will add them no problem. If not, then they will usually add them if they are mainstream cards from a mainstream US card manufacturer (Topps, Upper Deck, etc).

If they're foreign issue cards, especially foreign language cards, then they might put them on the back burner or opt to return them to you. If they have pictures of naked ladies, or other racy content, they won't accept them at all. (This includes things like fantasy art cards and cheerleader type cards).
Old 01-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #1674 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post

It depends. If the cards are in Beckett's database, they will add them no problem. If not, then they will usually add them if they are mainstream cards from a mainstream US card manufacturer (Topps, Upper Deck, etc).

If they're foreign issue cards, especially foreign language cards, then they might put them on the back burner or opt to return them to you. If they have pictures of naked ladies, or other racy content, they won't accept them at all. (This includes things like fantasy art cards and cheerleader type cards).
I wish they would take benchwarmers
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #1675 (permalink)

When will 2012 Becket prices be posted?

The product has been out over a month now. Beckett still gathering all this critical information? If the prices aren't out yet I understand, thats on Beckett. But if they are, from my understanding is that cards that are sent in for consignment were to get Beckett value as part of the up front consignment cost.

Would be helpful as I price 1000 cards and not have to look each one up on ebay.
decabo43 is offline   Reply With Quote