Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #1701 (permalink)

Seems to be a lot more random now than it used to be. I e-mailed COMC customer service a few weeks back about this very issue. I was told that if you want your classified ad to go live over the weekend you can set it to start (through the place an ad sequence) at a certain time or you can e-mail them to specifically get it going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Is it normal for COMC not to review/post new classifieds over the weekend? I thought they used to do this. I've had one hanging since Friday afternoon and I'll like to recoup some credit for a PC pickup. The last one before that (during the work week) took almost a full 24 hours. These used to have 2-3 hour turnarounds. I'm not complaining, I just am curious on what should be expected so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks!
-Chad

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
If you ask for a price/make an offer - please have the courtesy to respond.
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #1702 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Is it normal for COMC not to review/post new classifieds over the weekend? I thought they used to do this. I've had one hanging since Friday afternoon and I'll like to recoup some credit for a PC pickup. The last one before that (during the work week) took almost a full 24 hours. These used to have 2-3 hour turnarounds. I'm not complaining, I just am curious on what should be expected so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks!
-Chad
Hello, this is Nathan with COMC. Classified ads are reviewed at the beginning and end of each business day, Monday through Friday usually around 8am and 3pm PST. If you need your classified ad to begin at a specific time or on the weekend, please take advantage of the “Wait until specified date” option (located just above the “Preview” button when composing your ad).

We do have limited email coverage over the weekend as well so, if on a Friday after our business hours close you have a reason to list a port sale, please do so and also email us at Staff@comc.com letting us know and we'll try to have it up for you. This would also be a good place to take advantage of that specified date/time.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #1703 (permalink)

Is anyone experiencing issues with bulk editor? It was working fine for me the other day but today it is not downloading the inventory due to macro issues....
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #1704 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
What, in your opinion, is the buyer supposed to do?

There isn't a mechanism for alerting the seller to a potential listing / pricing error.

There isn't a mechanism for determining who you purchased a card from if you didn't make an offer.

If you did make an offer, there isn't a mechanism for finding a particular offer among all the thousands of offers you have ever made or received.

There isn't a mechanism for contacting a seller and asking if they want their card back.

There isn't a mechanism for allowing a particular seller to repurchase their card.

And how would the buyer know that the seller does want the card back? Lots of sellers would price a $60 BV card at $10 right off the bat. Or they might price it at $20 and advertise that they accept 50% offers. How are they to know that this was even an error?
What I do in such circumstances:
Pass on the card, and report the listing error.

What some buyers do, according to Steve at COMC:
Buy the card and report the listing error to COMC customer service so it can be transferred back to the seller. (IMO this is way above and beyond the call of duty.)

What I would not do:
Buy it.

What would you do?

FWIW, I disagree with your suggestion that "a lot of sellers" would list that particular card at $10 (or at $20 with a sale). Yes, some cards with a BV of $60 go for $10. This card, however, was released less than two months earlier, and is selling briskly on eBay at $45-$50 delivered. Nobody breaks a brand new product, goes to the trouble of shipping to COMC, and then prices a card for one fifth of what they can get on eBay.
pyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #1705 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Im with you Coco,I am stricly vintage and you cant really flip cards in the bad buckets.So i dont even look in them and probably never will. It is without question the worst idea/change COMC has come up....As for when they will be finished it looks like they are wrapping up the 1950's.So a long way from now
I don't deal with vintage a lot, but this setup is really confusing. Why do we need separate listings for the same card that nobody is going to look at? Why not just list the grade under each card in a single listing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric88 View Post
Am I going crazy or do we have book prices on the new COMC now? Is this going to stay?
I think we are still waiting on an explanation for this. We were told forever that book prices were going away. Now, book prices for every card have made their way into comc without explanation.

Separately, I would like to ask why sorting by "Highest Percent Off" is still completely broken. It feels like it has been broken for over a year now and doesn't seem like a hard thing to fix.

Last edited by mrwalken; 02-02-2013 at 09:06 AM.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #1706 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hello, this is Nathan with COMC. Classified ads are reviewed at the beginning and end of each business day, Monday through Friday usually around 8am and 3pm PST. If you need your classified ad to begin at a specific time or on the weekend, please take advantage of the “Wait until specified date” option (located just above the “Preview” button when composing your ad).

We do have limited email coverage over the weekend as well so, if on a Friday after our business hours close you have a reason to list a port sale, please do so and also email us at Staff@comc.com letting us know and we'll try to have it up for you. This would also be a good place to take advantage of that specified date/time.
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the info! I sent an email request today hoping to get this next port ad up early.

-Chad

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #1707 (permalink)

Quick Question- How come I occasionally log into my account and cards will randomly be set as not for sale and need to be priced, even though they previously were priced. At first, i thought it may have been due to bv changes or comc grading, but sometimes it seems as if there is no rhyme or reason for it?
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #1708 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Quick Question- How come I occasionally log into my account and cards will randomly be set as not for sale and need to be priced, even though they previously were priced. At first, i thought it may have been due to bv changes or comc grading, but sometimes it seems as if there is no rhyme or reason for it?
I have seen this with bv changes, and also when a card gets reported as being incorrectly identified.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #1709 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
I have seen this with bv changes, and also when a card gets reported as being incorrectly identified.
ahh, I realized the bv thing, misidentified could definately be another!
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1710 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
I wish there was an option to opt out of this. I'm not going to change my sell price because a cards "book value" went up 50 cents. And why do they update the book values randomly? Its certainly more than once a month. I had my Joe Flacco cards go "offline" three times in the past two weeks because the "book value" went up. Which is funny because no one is buying them at the old prices let alone higher prices.
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #1711 (permalink)

Quick question, on COMC the lowest price without a storage fee is $0.75. Is that for the card, or including the $0.25 shipping fee. ex to not have the storage fee, should I price the card at 0.75 (and then +0.25 SH) for a total of $1.00, or is it price the card at $0.50 (plus the 0.25 SH) for a total of $0.75. Thanks for the clarification!
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #1712 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
Quick question, on COMC the lowest price without a storage fee is $0.75. Is that for the card, or including the $0.25 shipping fee. ex to not have the storage fee, should I price the card at 0.75 (and then +0.25 SH) for a total of $1.00, or is it price the card at $0.50 (plus the 0.25 SH) for a total of $0.75. Thanks for the clarification!
The free storage is when your asking price is $.75 or below. Shipping does not factor in. Hope that helps!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1713 (permalink)

Just curious - has anyone received funds for referring new sellers? I sent out both of my referral cards with my name on them - also had a member send a note with a shipment that I referred him. Wondering if anyone has gotten the promised credit for referrals.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #1714 (permalink)

Does anyone know if there has been any talk about revamping the COMC watch list? I have tons of items in my watch list and it is pain to have to click on each one to see prices for all available. I would like to be able to save a card and be shown in my watch list the lowest priced card available not just the one exact item I clicked.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #1715 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam12fear View Post
Does anyone know if there has been any talk about revamping the COMC watch list? I have tons of items in my watch list and it is pain to have to click on each one to see prices for all available. I would like to be able to save a card and be shown in my watch list the lowest priced card available not just the one exact item I clicked.
that would be great. I do like the update they made where you can at least add notes such as the seller, date and price when you started to watch. that way you can see if it has changed hands or increased or decreased. but being able to have all cards added would be better than having to do all the individual ones.

actually thinking about it, the watch list does show current asking prices and if it is sold or not, but not the seller.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #1716 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
that would be great. I do like the update they made where you can at least add notes such as the seller, date and price when you started to watch. that way you can see if it has changed hands or increased or decreased. but being able to have all cards added would be better than having to do all the individual ones.

actually thinking about it, the watch list does show current asking prices and if it is sold or not, but not the seller.
I am not too interested in knowing the seller, but I want to be able to see if there is a lower priced copy available for the card I am watching. Example: There are nine copies of a card I want. I click watch this item on the lowest at the time. If one of the other eight copies is reduced in price or another copy is added, the only one that shows in my watch list is the one I clicked. I would like to be able to scan my watch list and have it show the lowest priced copy available, not just the one specific copy I "added to watch list".

I am not even sure if it is something that is possible, just something I wish I could do.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #1717 (permalink)

awesome job by COMC, asked for a shipment on thursday, packaged and sent on monday, received today...

Thanks guys
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #1718 (permalink)

Looks like we have a promo coming up! Was in looking at my promotional sales and it lists a free promotion for three weeks - Spring Cleaning. Hopefully we see something about this from COMC soon!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #1719 (permalink)

Spring Cleaning Promo Announced!

Free Promos for Sellers - Free Shipping for Buyers!

SPRING: TIME FOR SOME DEALS! | COMC Blog

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #1720 (permalink)

I like it. I'll be doing the promotions for sure. It'll be interesting to see how much movement we have, since SO many people will have a promotion, instead of say, 1 page
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #1721 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
I like it. I'll be doing the promotions for sure. It'll be interesting to see how much movement we have, since SO many people will have a promotion, instead of say, 1 page
True, but the lowest prices will win out in the end as when people search for the cards and players they want, the green sale font will trigger someone to look at the particular card.

In the end the lowest prices will be what is sold.
decabo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #1722 (permalink)

Nice promo. I'll be marking mine down to match up with the Amazon auto-accept rates. I'm more excited to pick up some singles for a good price. I was going to cash out for a Blowout GC, but now I might just do the singles thing.

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #1723 (permalink)

As always, it comes down to the best price - unless you're talking about vintage.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #1724 (permalink)

Like the promo, although some people seem to run one all the time, so it will be nice if there are some new sellers to join in on this. We will be running our first one since Black Friday, simply because we haven't had the need to run anything as sales in 2013 have been strong. Since they won't be taking 3% of the sales, and in addition to the shipping promo, we believe that will make this sale worthwhile. We will make it worthwhile to buyers too.

Also will be looking to buy for sure, again hope some new blood runs some sales (and not the jack up the price and make it 30%-60% off thing...)
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #1725 (permalink)

I plan on running sales through this. Going to start with mostly 40% off asking price (some will be less). Will have thousands of cards at 90% off book value.

Planning on looking for some PC items during this. Havent bought much in last 6-8 month on the site for myself.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote