Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #1751 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Hello Robert,

This is Nathan Richards; I'm an account manager at COMC. I do apologize if you did not receive the email that we sent on March 17th regarding the problem you were having placing your Spring Cleaning Sales promotion.

When I looked further into your account, I saw that, while you did create a draft of this promotion, the promotion was never approved by you.

We want to help you get this promotion running. Please log into your account, and go to Promotions Manager. From there you will see the Spring Cleaning promotion. Click where it says Edit. On the next screen, click Save Changes & Continue. Finally, hit Approve Promotion. It should be up and running within two hours.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
(800) 517-3540 Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #1752 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,951
Default

Well there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogzman View Post
Wow! Never thought of that!.....and no they didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hello Robert,

This is Nathan Richards; I'm an account manager at COMC. I do apologize if you did not receive the email that we sent on March 17th regarding the problem you were having placing your Spring Cleaning Sales promotion.

When I looked further into your account, I saw that, while you did create a draft of this promotion, the promotion was never approved by you.

We want to help you get this promotion running. Please log into your account, and go to Promotions Manager. From there you will see the Spring Cleaning promotion. Click where it says Edit. On the next screen, click Save Changes & Continue. Finally, hit Approve Promotion. It should be up and running within two hours.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
(800) 517-3540 Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST
__________________

Check out the awesome COMC sale I am running!/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #1753 (permalink)
Member
 
dogzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: International Man of Mystery
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hello Robert,

This is Nathan Richards; I'm an account manager at COMC. I do apologize if you did not receive the email that we sent on March 17th regarding the problem you were having placing your Spring Cleaning Sales promotion.

When I looked further into your account, I saw that, while you did create a draft of this promotion, the promotion was never approved by you.

We want to help you get this promotion running. Please log into your account, and go to Promotions Manager. From there you will see the Spring Cleaning promotion. Click where it says Edit. On the next screen, click Save Changes & Continue. Finally, hit Approve Promotion. It should be up and running within two hours.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
(800) 517-3540 Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST
We are golden thanks!
__________________
Buying Red Wings Shields!!!!!
dogzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #1754 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 954
Default

I have an issue with false advertising as far as auto accept goes on people's sales. Today someone had a lot of cards priced cheap and I went in and spent a good hour picking and choosing cards to make the offer on, and then it doesnt auto accept..just went back on an checked the port was sold. Which is cool and all but don't lie to us and say auto accept when you're really just nitpicking offers!!!
__________________
check out my cards for sale on COMC, username dirtydistance.
dirtydistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #1755 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 312
Default

it was Nascargirl correct?...there may as many shady people on Comc as there is on Ebay
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #1756 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
I have an issue with false advertising as far as auto accept goes on people's sales. Today someone had a lot of cards priced cheap and I went in and spent a good hour picking and choosing cards to make the offer on, and then it doesnt auto accept..just went back on an checked the port was sold. Which is cool and all but don't lie to us and say auto accept when you're really just nitpicking offers!!!
Report them. COMC will do some policing.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #1757 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
I have an issue with false advertising as far as auto accept goes on people's sales. Today someone had a lot of cards priced cheap and I went in and spent a good hour picking and choosing cards to make the offer on, and then it doesnt auto accept..just went back on an checked the port was sold. Which is cool and all but don't lie to us and say auto accept when you're really just nitpicking offers!!!
are you making offers on people who are having sales? Those prices are different than asking prices and you can only make offers on the asking price and not the sales price. The auto accept is a little weird too depending if you are in advanced or simple mode. But there are sellers who will not honor their own ads so I would contact COMC if I were you and they will do something about it.

Comc makes it so easy now as it is free to set auto accept percentages so you don't even have to look if someone makes an offer in your auto-accept range. Mine is set for 20% off asking and anything over that I will have to look at, but nearly all my sales prices are more than 20% as I think my average sales % is 29% off of my asking right now. We had a good thread or 2 recently calling out comc dirtbags, buyers and sellers.
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #1758 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,951
Default

Was it a port sale or an auto accept ad? If the port sold, then obviously it would not accept the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
I have an issue with false advertising as far as auto accept goes on people's sales. Today someone had a lot of cards priced cheap and I went in and spent a good hour picking and choosing cards to make the offer on, and then it doesnt auto accept..just went back on an checked the port was sold. Which is cool and all but don't lie to us and say auto accept when you're really just nitpicking offers!!!
__________________

Check out the awesome COMC sale I am running!/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #1759 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,732
Default

I want to nominate Leaf Wrestling (and other wrestling related cards) for the hot list. Wrestlemania is coming up!
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1760 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 954
Default

It's a popular seller I was referring to, and it was a port sale ad that within it also said auto accepting 50% offers which I made and if they were truthful the offers would've gone through prior to the port sale. But I know exactly what I'm doing next time
__________________
check out my cards for sale on COMC, username dirtydistance.
dirtydistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #1761 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
it was Nascargirl correct?...there may as many shady people on Comc as there is on Ebay
Ha, good call, I had the same situation with the same ad/seller also.
_____________
On a different note, I wanted to ask what suggestions you all had for shipping? Last time I sent it in USPS and the package was lost for over 6 months, this time it's a much bigger and more valuable package. I can't afford to send it in insured at full worth overnight, the quote was like $300 for that. Thinking about going uninsured Commercial 3 Day UPS for $57.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #1762 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Hello Everyone,

This is Nathan with COMC. We have been notified about this ad and are reviewing the manner in which ads are approved to help prevent this from becoming a more common problem.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
(800) 517-3540 Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #1763 (permalink)
Member
 
rtcrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 647
Default

When you sell a card on Amazon does it show up in your store credit history as "Offer to Sell"? I sold a card I really dont remember listing at that price. Checked the history and said that for that transaction. I do not have an auto accept set so this is the only thing I could even imagine it is. Thanks
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #1764 (permalink)
Member
 
iam12fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcrules View Post
When you sell a card on Amazon does it show up in your store credit history as "Offer to Sell"? I sold a card I really dont remember listing at that price. Checked the history and said that for that transaction. I do not have an auto accept set so this is the only thing I could even imagine it is. Thanks
It shows up in your offer history as "accepted", with Amazon being the user.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #1765 (permalink)
Member
 
rtcrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam12fear View Post
It shows up in your offer history as "accepted", with Amazon being the user.
That was a brain fart not thinking to look in offer history and it was an amazon sale so thanks.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #1766 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Default

How do I change my emaill address on comc?
JerS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #1767 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerS86 View Post
How do I change my emaill address on comc?
I would suggest you are probably going to have to email them direct to ask them as I couldn't see it under the 'Profile & Options'
maccca3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #1768 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

So I am sending my first batch in shortly with my $20 coupon. I will be sending in about 150 cards, maybe 200. I don't have anything high-end at all, I have a lot of 2012 Bowman Draft color paper/refractor's, are these a good start to send in? I'm assuming hot players as well are good to send in (JBJ, Harper, Trout, ETC).
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #1769 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,951
Default

If I were you I would check to see if your cards are already on the site and how much they are priced for. Some of the Bowman Draft stuff is very low - just make sure you can make something on them when you send in. Same goes for anything else - supply and demand.
__________________

Check out the awesome COMC sale I am running!/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #1770 (permalink)
Member
 
washingtonmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
If I were you I would check to see if your cards are already on the site and how much they are priced for. Some of the Bowman Draft stuff is very low - just make sure you can make something on them when you send in. Same goes for anything else - supply and demand.
This is true to a point, don't always feel like you need to be the lowest on the site though. If you think a card has more value than you are free to ask your own price. If a player has an amazing feat their cards skyrocket on COMC in a matter of minutes.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/markatwashington


Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #1771 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 954
Default

Does anyone know if the bulk editor still works and is it easier than the manual way of pricing cards. Never used it, but have heard about it and am curious. Took a lot of my cards for sale down to save on fees over the months, but sales haven't been as good, so perhaps I might just throw everything up and gradually cut prices...just trying to boost my sales
__________________
check out my cards for sale on COMC, username dirtydistance.
dirtydistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #1772 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
Does anyone know if the bulk editor still works and is it easier than the manual way of pricing cards. Never used it, but have heard about it and am curious. Took a lot of my cards for sale down to save on fees over the months, but sales haven't been as good, so perhaps I might just throw everything up and gradually cut prices...just trying to boost my sales
Bulk Editor works well when it wants to, however, it does crash.

When it crashed on me, it screwed up my prices. Eventually, I will reprice everything (17,000+ cards) and it will be a PIA.
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #1773 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
If I were you I would check to see if your cards are already on the site and how much they are priced for. Some of the Bowman Draft stuff is very low - just make sure you can make something on them when you send in. Same goes for anything else - supply and demand.
Well most of the stuff is on there for $1+ and I wouldn't mind even getting $75 cents for most of them. So kind of worth it (helps I get a coupon).

It seems hot players fly off the shelves there, so I should probably send in any Harper, Strasburg, even JBJ lately.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #1774 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Bulk Editor works well when it wants to, however, it does crash.

When it crashed on me, it screwed up my prices. Eventually, I will reprice everything (17,000+ cards) and it will be a PIA.
do you still have to log into the old site to make it work? I know a few months back that is what we had to do. I don't really need to use it so I haven't tested it out since then. When the bulk editor works, it is a great tool.
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #1775 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
do you still have to log into the old site to make it work? I know a few months back that is what we had to do. I don't really need to use it so I haven't tested it out since then. When the bulk editor works, it is a great tool.
Yes - I use the program and it has the old interface.
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 05:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 03:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 12:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 01:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 07:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 08:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 10:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 02:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 02:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.