Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #1751 (permalink)

Hello Robert,

This is Nathan Richards; I'm an account manager at COMC. I do apologize if you did not receive the email that we sent on March 17th regarding the problem you were having placing your Spring Cleaning Sales promotion.

When I looked further into your account, I saw that, while you did create a draft of this promotion, the promotion was never approved by you.

We want to help you get this promotion running. Please log into your account, and go to Promotions Manager. From there you will see the Spring Cleaning promotion. Click where it says Edit. On the next screen, click Save Changes & Continue. Finally, hit Approve Promotion. It should be up and running within two hours.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
(800) 517-3540 Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #1752 (permalink)

Well there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogzman View Post
Wow! Never thought of that!.....and no they didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hello Robert,

This is Nathan Richards; I'm an account manager at COMC. I do apologize if you did not receive the email that we sent on March 17th regarding the problem you were having placing your Spring Cleaning Sales promotion.

When I looked further into your account, I saw that, while you did create a draft of this promotion, the promotion was never approved by you.

We want to help you get this promotion running. Please log into your account, and go to Promotions Manager. From there you will see the Spring Cleaning promotion. Click where it says Edit. On the next screen, click Save Changes & Continue. Finally, hit Approve Promotion. It should be up and running within two hours.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC

Check out the awesome COMC sale I am running!/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #1753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hello Robert,

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
We are golden thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #1754 (permalink)

I have an issue with false advertising as far as auto accept goes on people's sales. Today someone had a lot of cards priced cheap and I went in and spent a good hour picking and choosing cards to make the offer on, and then it doesnt auto accept..just went back on an checked the port was sold. Which is cool and all but don't lie to us and say auto accept when you're really just nitpicking offers!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #1755 (permalink)

it was Nascargirl correct?...there may as many shady people on Comc as there is on Ebay
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #1756 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
I have an issue with false advertising as far as auto accept goes on people's sales. Today someone had a lot of cards priced cheap and I went in and spent a good hour picking and choosing cards to make the offer on, and then it doesnt auto accept..just went back on an checked the port was sold. Which is cool and all but don't lie to us and say auto accept when you're really just nitpicking offers!!!
Report them. COMC will do some policing.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #1757 (permalink)

Quote:
are you making offers on people who are having sales? Those prices are different than asking prices and you can only make offers on the asking price and not the sales price. The auto accept is a little weird too depending if you are in advanced or simple mode. But there are sellers who will not honor their own ads so I would contact COMC if I were you and they will do something about it.

Comc makes it so easy now as it is free to set auto accept percentages so you don't even have to look if someone makes an offer in your auto-accept range. Mine is set for 20% off asking and anything over that I will have to look at, but nearly all my sales prices are more than 20% as I think my average sales % is 29% off of my asking right now. We had a good thread or 2 recently calling out comc dirtbags, buyers and sellers.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #1758 (permalink)

Was it a port sale or an auto accept ad? If the port sold, then obviously it would not accept the offer.

Quote:

Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #1759 (permalink)

I want to nominate Leaf Wrestling (and other wrestling related cards) for the hot list. Wrestlemania is coming up!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1760 (permalink)

It's a popular seller I was referring to, and it was a port sale ad that within it also said auto accepting 50% offers which I made and if they were truthful the offers would've gone through prior to the port sale. But I know exactly what I'm doing next time
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #1761 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
it was Nascargirl correct?...there may as many shady people on Comc as there is on Ebay
Ha, good call, I had the same situation with the same ad/seller also.
On a different note, I wanted to ask what suggestions you all had for shipping? Last time I sent it in USPS and the package was lost for over 6 months, this time it's a much bigger and more valuable package. I can't afford to send it in insured at full worth overnight, the quote was like $300 for that. Thinking about going uninsured Commercial 3 Day UPS for $57.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #1762 (permalink)

Hello Everyone,

This is Nathan with COMC. We have been notified about this ad and are reviewing the manner in which ads are approved to help prevent this from becoming a more common problem.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Account Manager, COMC
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #1763 (permalink)

When you sell a card on Amazon does it show up in your store credit history as "Offer to Sell"? I sold a card I really dont remember listing at that price. Checked the history and said that for that transaction. I do not have an auto accept set so this is the only thing I could even imagine it is. Thanks
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #1764 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcrules View Post
When you sell a card on Amazon does it show up in your store credit history as "Offer to Sell"? I sold a card I really dont remember listing at that price. Checked the history and said that for that transaction. I do not have an auto accept set so this is the only thing I could even imagine it is. Thanks
It shows up in your offer history as "accepted", with Amazon being the user.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #1765 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam12fear View Post
It shows up in your offer history as "accepted", with Amazon being the user.
That was a brain fart not thinking to look in offer history and it was an amazon sale so thanks.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #1766 (permalink)

How do I change my emaill address on comc?
JerS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #1767 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerS86 View Post
How do I change my emaill address on comc?
I would suggest you are probably going to have to email them direct to ask them as I couldn't see it under the 'Profile & Options'
maccca3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #1768 (permalink)
Banned

So I am sending my first batch in shortly with my $20 coupon. I will be sending in about 150 cards, maybe 200. I don't have anything high-end at all, I have a lot of 2012 Bowman Draft color paper/refractor's, are these a good start to send in? I'm assuming hot players as well are good to send in (JBJ, Harper, Trout, ETC).
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #1769 (permalink)

If I were you I would check to see if your cards are already on the site and how much they are priced for. Some of the Bowman Draft stuff is very low - just make sure you can make something on them when you send in. Same goes for anything else - supply and demand.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #1770 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
If I were you I would check to see if your cards are already on the site and how much they are priced for. Some of the Bowman Draft stuff is very low - just make sure you can make something on them when you send in. Same goes for anything else - supply and demand.
This is true to a point, don't always feel like you need to be the lowest on the site though. If you think a card has more value than you are free to ask your own price. If a player has an amazing feat their cards skyrocket on COMC in a matter of minutes.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #1771 (permalink)

Does anyone know if the bulk editor still works and is it easier than the manual way of pricing cards. Never used it, but have heard about it and am curious. Took a lot of my cards for sale down to save on fees over the months, but sales haven't been as good, so perhaps I might just throw everything up and gradually cut prices...just trying to boost my sales
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #1772 (permalink)

Quote:
Does anyone know if the bulk editor still works and is it easier than the manual way of pricing cards. Never used it, but have heard about it and am curious. Took a lot of my cards for sale down to save on fees over the months, but sales haven't been as good, so perhaps I might just throw everything up and gradually cut prices...just trying to boost my sales
Bulk Editor works well when it wants to, however, it does crash.

When it crashed on me, it screwed up my prices. Eventually, I will reprice everything (17,000+ cards) and it will be a PIA.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #1773 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Well most of the stuff is on there for $1+ and I wouldn't mind even getting $75 cents for most of them. So kind of worth it (helps I get a coupon).

It seems hot players fly off the shelves there, so I should probably send in any Harper, Strasburg, even JBJ lately.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #1774 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Bulk Editor works well when it wants to, however, it does crash.

When it crashed on me, it screwed up my prices. Eventually, I will reprice everything (17,000+ cards) and it will be a PIA.
do you still have to log into the old site to make it work? I know a few months back that is what we had to do. I don't really need to use it so I haven't tested it out since then. When the bulk editor works, it is a great tool.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #1775 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
do you still have to log into the old site to make it work? I know a few months back that is what we had to do. I don't really need to use it so I haven't tested it out since then. When the bulk editor works, it is a great tool.
Yes - I use the program and it has the old interface.