Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #1801 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 865
Default

I'm getting ready to submit my first COMC order and I was wondering what point size they consider to be extra thick cards. Are all memorabilia cards considered extra thick?
My-Coolectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #1802 (permalink)
Member
 
washingtonmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,351
Default

I believe only SUPER thick cards fall under that category, like Sweet Spot Helmet Autos and Super Thick Patch Autos.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/markatwashington


Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #1803 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 67
Default

Was curious if I could get hooked up with that $20 off coupon I've heard about. Thanks!
vikingscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #1804 (permalink)
Member
 
Redemption King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 421
Default

Is the bulk editor no longer working? It no longer downloads my inventory to update pricing. Taking forever just to change prices manually.
__________________
Collecting to avoid boredom.
Redemption King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #1805 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption King View Post
Is the bulk editor no longer working? It no longer downloads my inventory to update pricing. Taking forever just to change prices manually.
The editor used the login from the old site. They said they're working on it.
__________________
NeedChapmans Bought All My Ripken's
Jeramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #1806 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Coolectibles View Post
I'm getting ready to submit my first COMC order and I was wondering what point size they consider to be extra thick cards. Are all memorabilia cards considered extra thick?
Rule of thumb is if it is too thick to fit in a 130pt toploader (about 1/8 inch) then it is oversize. Bat barrel cards, helmet cards, etc are some of the most common ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingscards View Post
Was curious if I could get hooked up with that $20 off coupon I've heard about. Thanks!
The $20-off coupon is available to any first-time seller. You can email the CR team (staff@comc.com) and they can hook you up.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #1807 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,226
Default

Any ETA on coins? I think this was blogged about a year ago taking as long as possibly a year to get running. I have a bunch to send in, but I'm not particularly excited about waiting after sending in.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #1808 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,843
Default

Anyone know if you can block buyers somehow on COMC? Keep having the same guy offering 50% on a bunch of my .80 cards for the last two weeks now. Getting annoying.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,004 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #1809 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Anyone know if you can block buyers somehow on COMC? Keep having the same guy offering 50% on a bunch of my .80 cards for the last two weeks now. Getting annoying.
if you decline the same offer 3 times they are blocked from making offers on those cards. You can't directly block anyone. You may also want to contact them though here or by email and let them know of whoever keeps doing. maybe they can look into it.
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #1810 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
if you decline the same offer 3 times they are blocked from making offers on those cards. You can't directly block anyone. You may also want to contact them though here or by email and let them know of whoever keeps doing. maybe they can look into it.
Don't think they are a member here, as I tried my best to find them.

Only thing that sucks is I have 5 copies of the same card. So looks like I'll be getting 15 offers on that particular card haha.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,004 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #1811 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Don't think they are a member here, as I tried my best to find them.

Only thing that sucks is I have 5 copies of the same card. So looks like I'll be getting 15 offers on that particular card haha.
my bad...too many them and they..lol (I am horrible w/grammar and spelling)

I mean to contact comc here: jester, moe, etc or send an email directly though comc.

It stinks. I'm sure we might all be able to figure out who it is too. You could always pull the other card copies down to not for sale status and keep one or 2 active.
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #1812 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 297
Default

I would like to be able to run a sale with 20% off all cards currently priced at .75, and 40% off all other cards. Is there an easy way to do that?
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #1813 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I would like to be able to run a sale with 20% off all cards currently priced at .75, and 40% off all other cards. Is there an easy way to do that?
It looks like you have around 750 cards with asking prices under $0.75. There's not really a quick way of doing it, but the best way for you to do it is:

Set your sale % off at 40%
On the Create a Promotion page, sort by Highest list price and go to the end. You'll need to adjust each of the percentages off to 20%.

That will take a bit of time, but the good news is once you do it one time, you'll be able to use the setting on future sales if you want to.
Ghumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #1814 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Any ETA on coins? I think this was blogged about a year ago taking as long as possibly a year to get running. I have a bunch to send in, but I'm not particularly excited about waiting after sending in.
Just checking in...
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #1815 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
It looks like you have around 750 cards with asking prices under $0.75. There's not really a quick way of doing it, but the best way for you to do it is:

Set your sale % off at 40%
On the Create a Promotion page, sort by Highest list price and go to the end. You'll need to adjust each of the percentages off to 20%.

That will take a bit of time, but the good news is once you do it one time, you'll be able to use the setting on future sales if you want to.
Thanks. I was actually just worried about cards priced at .75 since a lot of them are already underpriced to avoid storage fees. I ended up moving all the .75 cards to $1, and then running the sale at 40% off everything. I will move them back after the sale. A bit of a hassle, but not too bad.

I do think it would be helpful to be able to automatically set percentages off based on price ranges as you suggest.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #1816 (permalink)
Member
 
premium1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Just checking in...
I would like an answer to that as well.
__________________
<-----Great deals to be found on my COMC!
premium1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #1817 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 310
Default

Hey all,

Curious how is this site as far as shipping goes?

I just signed up on COMC as I was bored yesterday and searched for certain cards I need and found several listed on this site.

I've never bought from them again new member there, I got all the information as far as adding store credit etc.

Is shipping pretty fast?

Also, these cards I have interest in are Bowman Chrome cards, are cards shipped securely and in sleeves/toploaders or how are they shipped?

In the past I have received Chrome cards scratched up because they were shipped without soft sleeves etc... NOT saying this will happen here but just curious how they ship cards and what they ship them in etc.

THANKS!!

Last edited by BIGRED666; 08-11-2013 at 10:35 AM.
BIGRED666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #1818 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrokepoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kalamazoo / Paw Paw
Posts: 1,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRED666 View Post
Hey all,

Curious how is this site as far as shipping goes?

I just signed up on COMC as I was bored yesterday and searched for certain cards I need and found several listed on this site.

I've never bought from them again new member there, I got all the information as far as adding store credit etc.

Is shipping pretty fast?

Also, these cards I have interest in are Bowman Chrome cards, are cards shipped securely and in sleeves/toploaders or how are they shipped?

In the past I have received Chrome cards scratched up because they were shipped without soft sleeves etc... NOT saying this will happen here but just curious how they ship cards and what they ship them in etc.

THANKS!!
Packaged very securely and shipped pretty fast . Sometimes it takes a little longer then I hope but most the time it's quick . Around a week on average I would say from my experience ... have had cards shipped home like 40 times now
__________________
TEAM CONNOR!! No Matter What
www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor
Like-Share-Pray-Positive Thoughts Only
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #1819 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Just checking in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
I would like an answer to that as well.
Coins. Right. We actually brought in a consultant some months back to give us a crash course on what the pitfalls and challenges of supporting coins would be. They are (unsurprisingly) hugely complicated. With comics we could get away with just scanning the fronts and backs, and even so there were a lot of differences with the market that we're still working on solving. With coins we don't feel like our current scanning technology and techniques will give people as good an experience as we want them to have. Our storage and shipping methods will need to be adapted as well. Then there's the challenge of valuable metals and being able to identify fakes etc.

On the plus side - and this is a serious plus - Mark Anderson in addition to being a card guy is also a coin guy. This would be Mark Anderson, Beckett's very first grading specialist, who we just hired.

Coin support IS coming, but I can't give a timetable. We really want to offer it, and we know that you really want us to offer it too. Now that the Vault is up and running we'll be returning to the list of features people are requesting and we'll figure out the most strategic allocation of our resources (I know that's a pretty business-y way to say it, but it's honest). People suggest stuff, we crunch numbers, and we get to work trying to build the site the community wants.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #1820 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Just used the new points system to get twice as much for one of my cards than what history suggested.

LOVE this new feature, even if I have to flex my COMC IQ to get there!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #1821 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Posts: 182
Default

Just out of curiosity what happens if COMC does not get my cards entered by the due date?
Jbjints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1822 (permalink)
Member
 
theacox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbjints View Post
Just out of curiosity what happens if COMC does not get my cards entered by the due date?
It's rare, but it can happen. My processing fees for the cards that were late were refunded to me in this case, and the cards were up within a couple days after the deadline.
theacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #1823 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Feature request -- I would like to be able to run a sale where the percentage off is set based on the length of time you have held a card on the site. So, you could do something like:
held > 2 years -- 60% off
held > 1 year --50% off
held > 6 months -- 40% off
everything else -- 30% off

In general, I would like the sales to be more customizable. I would also like to be able to set the percentage off based on asking price.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #1824 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 35,310
Default

Finally sending in my first batch. Quick question- is it okay if I put more than one card per penny sleeve or must I just place one card per sleeve? I think I know the answer but would just like to confirm. Thank you.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #1825 (permalink)
Member
 
washingtonmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Finally sending in my first batch. Quick question- is it okay if I put more than one card per penny sleeve or must I just place one card per sleeve? I think I know the answer but would just like to confirm. Thank you.
You should be fine putting 2 in a penny sleeve since most sellers don't put any in penny sleeves except expensive ones to save more room in their box.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/markatwashington


Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 04:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 03:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 12:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 01:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 07:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 08:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 09:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 01:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 01:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.