Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #1826 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 72
Default

Question on Port sales from a buyer's perspective?

If you agree to buy a port do you also have to pay the shipping/handling that is on the port? Or if you click buy it now (or agree on a price) is that the end of it?

Thanks!
kberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #1827 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,251
Default

If you buy the port, you own the cards in the port, but they are physically still at the COMC warehouse in Washington State.

You can reprice the cards or have them delivered to you physically. If you have them delivered, then you have to pay the handling fee for each card that is delivered (25 cents per card for standard sized cards).

IF you buy while in "Advanced Reseller Mode", then you do not pay the shipping fee while you are buying the cards. If you buy while in "Simplified Shipping Mode", then you probably do. But if you resell those cards, you will be rebated the extra 25 cents at the time of sale.

By default, everyone is in "Simplified Shipping Mode". To adjust your settings, go to "My Dashboard", "Profile And Options", and under "Outgoing Offers", "Buying Mode", click "Advanced Reseller Mode".
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 35% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #1828 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 72
Default

thanks for your help!
kberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #1829 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,425
Default

I'm having a recurring problem with offers. I made an offer, the guy countered.

From the offer history screen, no matter what I click on, I just get the proposal, no button to click to accept or reject or counter.


So I go here:






And click on any of the links with the arrows and get this:






On offers when I'm the seller I don't have this issue, only when I'm buying and get a counter.

Happens in both Chrome 29 and IE 10 on Win 7. And on IE 8 on Win XP and Chrome 29 on Win8.
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago

Last edited by XL5; 09-04-2013 at 12:11 AM.
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #1830 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,640
Default

Figured I'll ask here

Had a submission get to COMC on Saturday (delivered through USPS) and figured it would be in the system this morning and it isn't there, which is the first time it either wasn't uploaded on that Saturday or Monday morning.

If anyone else has had stuff get there on Saturday, when have you seen it get uploaded into your dashboard as "being processed"?
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1831 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,425
Default

I had stuff get there on Friday with 1 day and they said it should be added sometime today (Monday).
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #1832 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I had stuff get there on Friday with 1 day and they said it should be added sometime today (Monday).
Well, no I don't mean fully processed, I had stuff arrive for 1 month service on Saturday, just wondering when the store credit finally gets taken out of your account for it "getting there" so to speak, because in the past, they either took it out on the Saturday of or the Monday Morning after, and neither have happened yet, so kinda anxious.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #1833 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 912
Default

You should be fine, remember they're on West Coast time too. Also, in my experience, they will start the processing "clock" (30 days or whatever) from the actual date received rather than when it shows up on your account.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/parentc1
yazevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #1834 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
You should be fine, remember they're on West Coast time too. Also, in my experience, they will start the processing "clock" (30 days or whatever) from the actual date received rather than when it shows up on your account.
Hoping so, just odd to not see it in there yet.

Been a rough day so I'm a little on edge anyway haha.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #1835 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Hoping so, just odd to not see it in there yet.

Been a rough day so I'm a little on edge anyway haha.
Hey, Moe here...just wanted to jump in and backup what yazevans said; the processing clock starts when we receive your cards and initially generate a transaction number for your batch.

The fact that your batch arrived on a Saturday is the general exception as the processing team isn't usually in the office on Saturdays - just the shipping and receiving teams are here. When that happens, the cards don't start getting processed until the following Monday. And, if Saturday is a big mail day (it happens) then it's not until Monday afternoon until they get thru all the mail...

I hope this answer helps and I also hope your day gets better...take care!
__________________
Moe,
Customer Relations Agent for COMC
MoeCOMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #1836 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hey, Moe here...just wanted to jump in and backup what yazevans said; the processing clock starts when we receive your cards and initially generate a transaction number for your batch.

The fact that your batch arrived on a Saturday is the general exception as the processing team isn't usually in the office on Saturdays - just the shipping and receiving teams are here. When that happens, the cards don't start getting processed until the following Monday. And, if Saturday is a big mail day (it happens) then it's not until Monday afternoon until they get thru all the mail...

I hope this answer helps and I also hope your day gets better...take care!
Thanks, that helps, will get better most likely when I see the batch in there haha.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #1837 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
Default

I decided to send my first batch into COMC (I'm only a couple days into processing my batch). But I have had a ton of fun already building my Port (I've purchased and relisted 50 cards already). I really enjoy being able to search by %off as I've pretty much looked for really good deals to start off with on players I like for my personal collection or younger guys I think will have breakout years (I collect football).

here is my link if anyone wants to check out what I have.

smit5004's All Items - COMC
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #1838 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 601
Default

it looks like you bought a card or two from me. Thanks!
SunDevil2422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #1839 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
Default

Where can I find any new specials for sending in cards? Someone mentioned the 660 Box ct deal is over but I'm hoping there is a new special soon because I have another 1000 or so cards I'd like to put on there but would rather wait till another special as most of my stuff is lower level inserts/autos and .25 per card hurts a bit when you are only selling the card for $1.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #1840 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
Where can I find any new specials for sending in cards? Someone mentioned the 660 Box ct deal is over but I'm hoping there is a new special soon because I have another 1000 or so cards I'd like to put on there but would rather wait till another special as most of my stuff is lower level inserts/autos and .25 per card hurts a bit when you are only selling the card for $1.
Usually the only special they run is during the National, so you would have to wait until next year.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #1841 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Usually the only special they run is during the National, so you would have to wait until next year.
dang that would be some crappy timing to start but oh well, I'll still send the cards in. I'll probably wait a bit and see how my first 300 do for a month or so and than get the rest on their unless I can't help myself and just send them in.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #1842 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
Default

how accurate/often do they usually update the process status on submissions. Just curious because I'm on my first submission and it went to 5% right away and has stayed there for a couple weeks. I have little doubt it will get processed in the month's time, just curious.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #1843 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
how accurate/often do they usually update the process status on submissions. Just curious because I'm on my first submission and it went to 5% right away and has stayed there for a couple weeks. I have little doubt it will get processed in the month's time, just curious.
I've learned to just ignore the percentages. There is no procedural order to when the percentages will increase. The due date is only thing that matters. They will finish by, or on, that date. Count on it.

As for your other question on specials. They did another one around Black Friday last year as well.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1844 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
Default

I just emailed COMC so hopefully they get to it soon but I wanted to ask on here if anyone else has had this problem.

I am on a month to month renewal with beckett football. My subscription is active and just switched over for a new month today and I can look up prices on beckett.com but on the COMC site it says I need to subscribe to see prices. I'm really hoping it works it self out tonight because I have 300 cards that are supposed to be processed by tomorrow and it would be a lot easier to price them and quicker if I just have the beckett prices right there on the COMC site instead of having to look each card up on the beckett site. It is one of the features that I love about COMC.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #1845 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
I just emailed COMC so hopefully they get to it soon but I wanted to ask on here if anyone else has had this problem.

I am on a month to month renewal with beckett football. My subscription is active and just switched over for a new month today and I can look up prices on beckett.com but on the COMC site it says I need to subscribe to see prices. I'm really hoping it works it self out tonight because I have 300 cards that are supposed to be processed by tomorrow and it would be a lot easier to price them and quicker if I just have the beckett prices right there on the COMC site instead of having to look each card up on the beckett site. It is one of the features that I love about COMC.
Hey, this is Grant from COMC. I wanted to let you know that Beckett is aware of this issue and we're waiting on their fix. Hopefully it can get worked out for you very soon.

Also, if you're referring to using BV to price your cards, all of that information is still available to you from your Inventory Manager regardless of your subscription status as it is included in the processing fees you pay. Please let our Customer Support know if you're not seeing that data on the Inventory Manager page.
Ghumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #1846 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
I just emailed COMC so hopefully they get to it soon but I wanted to ask on here if anyone else has had this problem.

I am on a month to month renewal with beckett football. My subscription is active and just switched over for a new month today and I can look up prices on beckett.com but on the COMC site it says I need to subscribe to see prices. I'm really hoping it works it self out tonight because I have 300 cards that are supposed to be processed by tomorrow and it would be a lot easier to price them and quicker if I just have the beckett prices right there on the COMC site instead of having to look each card up on the beckett site. It is one of the features that I love about COMC.
When cards are added the Beckett value has been available to me as a reference and I do not have a subscription. I think the 1st time the card gets priced the pricing info is free
__________________
2014 Bowman Draft Hates Me
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1847 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Hey, this is Grant from COMC. I wanted to let you know that Beckett is aware of this issue and we're waiting on their fix. Hopefully it can get worked out for you very soon.

Also, if you're referring to using BV to price your cards, all of that information is still available to you from your Inventory Manager regardless of your subscription status as it is included in the processing fees you pay. Please let our Customer Support know if you're not seeing that data on the Inventory Manager page.


Grant is that BV in your inventory manager only if you process your own cards through COMC, I ask because I am waiting on my first batch of cards to go through and currently only have cards in my port that I purchased on the site. Those cards in my port now are not showing a BV even in my inventory manager screen.


BTW already got a response to my email as well, great customer service as always. Thanks.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #1848 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,291
Default

That first bv thing is only for the cards you send in, not if you buy cards from someone

__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #1849 (permalink)
Member
 
theacox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 1,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
That first bv thing is only for the cards you send in, not if you buy cards from someone

Yes. This. You don't get it when you flip.
__________________
"Please don't pm me again asking me why I'm responding to your thread. I responded because you're an idiot."
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #1850 (permalink)
Member
 
theacox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 1,946
Default

Hey Grant, can I still take a few cards from my regular account and put them in the Vault? How does that work? If I send in new cards, do I need to separate those that I think are Vault-eligible?
__________________
"Please don't pm me again asking me why I'm responding to your thread. I responded because you're an idiot."
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 05:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 04:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 01:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 02:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 08:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 09:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 10:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 02:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 02:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 09:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.