Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #1826 (permalink)

Question on Port sales from a buyer's perspective?

If you agree to buy a port do you also have to pay the shipping/handling that is on the port? Or if you click buy it now (or agree on a price) is that the end of it?

Thanks!
kberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #1827 (permalink)

If you buy the port, you own the cards in the port, but they are physically still at the COMC warehouse in Washington State.

You can reprice the cards or have them delivered to you physically. If you have them delivered, then you have to pay the handling fee for each card that is delivered (25 cents per card for standard sized cards).

IF you buy while in "Advanced Reseller Mode", then you do not pay the shipping fee while you are buying the cards. If you buy while in "Simplified Shipping Mode", then you probably do. But if you resell those cards, you will be rebated the extra 25 cents at the time of sale.

By default, everyone is in "Simplified Shipping Mode". To adjust your settings, go to "My Dashboard", "Profile And Options", and under "Outgoing Offers", "Buying Mode", click "Advanced Reseller Mode".
Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #1828 (permalink)

thanks for your help!
kberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #1829 (permalink)
XL5

I'm having a recurring problem with offers. I made an offer, the guy countered.

From the offer history screen, no matter what I click on, I just get the proposal, no button to click to accept or reject or counter.

So I go here:

And click on any of the links with the arrows and get this:

On offers when I'm the seller I don't have this issue, only when I'm buying and get a counter.

Happens in both Chrome 29 and IE 10 on Win 7. And on IE 8 on Win XP and Chrome 29 on Win8.

Last edited by XL5; 09-04-2013 at 12:11 AM.
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #1830 (permalink)

Figured I'll ask here

Had a submission get to COMC on Saturday (delivered through USPS) and figured it would be in the system this morning and it isn't there, which is the first time it either wasn't uploaded on that Saturday or Monday morning.

If anyone else has had stuff get there on Saturday, when have you seen it get uploaded into your dashboard as "being processed"?
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1831 (permalink)
XL5

I had stuff get there on Friday with 1 day and they said it should be added sometime today (Monday).
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #1832 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I had stuff get there on Friday with 1 day and they said it should be added sometime today (Monday).
Well, no I don't mean fully processed, I had stuff arrive for 1 month service on Saturday, just wondering when the store credit finally gets taken out of your account for it "getting there" so to speak, because in the past, they either took it out on the Saturday of or the Monday Morning after, and neither have happened yet, so kinda anxious.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #1833 (permalink)

You should be fine, remember they're on West Coast time too. Also, in my experience, they will start the processing "clock" (30 days or whatever) from the actual date received rather than when it shows up on your account.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #1834 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
You should be fine, remember they're on West Coast time too. Also, in my experience, they will start the processing "clock" (30 days or whatever) from the actual date received rather than when it shows up on your account.
Hoping so, just odd to not see it in there yet.

Been a rough day so I'm a little on edge anyway haha.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #1835 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Hoping so, just odd to not see it in there yet.

Been a rough day so I'm a little on edge anyway haha.
Hey, Moe here...just wanted to jump in and backup what yazevans said; the processing clock starts when we receive your cards and initially generate a transaction number for your batch.

The fact that your batch arrived on a Saturday is the general exception as the processing team isn't usually in the office on Saturdays - just the shipping and receiving teams are here. When that happens, the cards don't start getting processed until the following Monday. And, if Saturday is a big mail day (it happens) then it's not until Monday afternoon until they get thru all the mail...

I hope this answer helps and I also hope your day gets better...take care!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #1836 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hey, Moe here...just wanted to jump in and backup what yazevans said; the processing clock starts when we receive your cards and initially generate a transaction number for your batch.

The fact that your batch arrived on a Saturday is the general exception as the processing team isn't usually in the office on Saturdays - just the shipping and receiving teams are here. When that happens, the cards don't start getting processed until the following Monday. And, if Saturday is a big mail day (it happens) then it's not until Monday afternoon until they get thru all the mail...

I hope this answer helps and I also hope your day gets better...take care!
Thanks, that helps, will get better most likely when I see the batch in there haha.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #1837 (permalink)

I decided to send my first batch into COMC (I'm only a couple days into processing my batch). But I have had a ton of fun already building my Port (I've purchased and relisted 50 cards already). I really enjoy being able to search by %off as I've pretty much looked for really good deals to start off with on players I like for my personal collection or younger guys I think will have breakout years (I collect football).

here is my link if anyone wants to check out what I have.

smit5004's All Items - COMC
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #1838 (permalink)

it looks like you bought a card or two from me. Thanks!
SunDevil2422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #1839 (permalink)

Where can I find any new specials for sending in cards? Someone mentioned the 660 Box ct deal is over but I'm hoping there is a new special soon because I have another 1000 or so cards I'd like to put on there but would rather wait till another special as most of my stuff is lower level inserts/autos and .25 per card hurts a bit when you are only selling the card for $1.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #1840 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
Where can I find any new specials for sending in cards? Someone mentioned the 660 Box ct deal is over but I'm hoping there is a new special soon because I have another 1000 or so cards I'd like to put on there but would rather wait till another special as most of my stuff is lower level inserts/autos and .25 per card hurts a bit when you are only selling the card for $1.
Usually the only special they run is during the National, so you would have to wait until next year.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #1841 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Usually the only special they run is during the National, so you would have to wait until next year.
dang that would be some crappy timing to start but oh well, I'll still send the cards in. I'll probably wait a bit and see how my first 300 do for a month or so and than get the rest on their unless I can't help myself and just send them in.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #1842 (permalink)

how accurate/often do they usually update the process status on submissions. Just curious because I'm on my first submission and it went to 5% right away and has stayed there for a couple weeks. I have little doubt it will get processed in the month's time, just curious.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #1843 (permalink)

Quote:
how accurate/often do they usually update the process status on submissions. Just curious because I'm on my first submission and it went to 5% right away and has stayed there for a couple weeks. I have little doubt it will get processed in the month's time, just curious.
I've learned to just ignore the percentages. There is no procedural order to when the percentages will increase. The due date is only thing that matters. They will finish by, or on, that date. Count on it.

As for your other question on specials. They did another one around Black Friday last year as well.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1844 (permalink)

I just emailed COMC so hopefully they get to it soon but I wanted to ask on here if anyone else has had this problem.

I am on a month to month renewal with beckett football. My subscription is active and just switched over for a new month today and I can look up prices on beckett.com but on the COMC site it says I need to subscribe to see prices. I'm really hoping it works it self out tonight because I have 300 cards that are supposed to be processed by tomorrow and it would be a lot easier to price them and quicker if I just have the beckett prices right there on the COMC site instead of having to look each card up on the beckett site. It is one of the features that I love about COMC.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #1845 (permalink)

Quote:
I just emailed COMC so hopefully they get to it soon but I wanted to ask on here if anyone else has had this problem.

I am on a month to month renewal with beckett football. My subscription is active and just switched over for a new month today and I can look up prices on beckett.com but on the COMC site it says I need to subscribe to see prices. I'm really hoping it works it self out tonight because I have 300 cards that are supposed to be processed by tomorrow and it would be a lot easier to price them and quicker if I just have the beckett prices right there on the COMC site instead of having to look each card up on the beckett site. It is one of the features that I love about COMC.
Hey, this is Grant from COMC. I wanted to let you know that Beckett is aware of this issue and we're waiting on their fix. Hopefully it can get worked out for you very soon.

Also, if you're referring to using BV to price your cards, all of that information is still available to you from your Inventory Manager regardless of your subscription status as it is included in the processing fees you pay. Please let our Customer Support know if you're not seeing that data on the Inventory Manager page.
Ghumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #1846 (permalink)

Quote:

When cards are added the Beckett value has been available to me as a reference and I do not have a subscription. I think the 1st time the card gets priced the pricing info is free
Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1847 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Hey, this is Grant from COMC. I wanted to let you know that Beckett is aware of this issue and we're waiting on their fix. Hopefully it can get worked out for you very soon.

Also, if you're referring to using BV to price your cards, all of that information is still available to you from your Inventory Manager regardless of your subscription status as it is included in the processing fees you pay. Please let our Customer Support know if you're not seeing that data on the Inventory Manager page.

Grant is that BV in your inventory manager only if you process your own cards through COMC, I ask because I am waiting on my first batch of cards to go through and currently only have cards in my port that I purchased on the site. Those cards in my port now are not showing a BV even in my inventory manager screen.

BTW already got a response to my email as well, great customer service as always. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #1848 (permalink)

That first bv thing is only for the cards you send in, not if you buy cards from someone

Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #1849 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
That first bv thing is only for the cards you send in, not if you buy cards from someone

Yes. This. You don't get it when you flip.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #1850 (permalink)

Hey Grant, can I still take a few cards from my regular account and put them in the Vault? How does that work? If I send in new cards, do I need to separate those that I think are Vault-eligible?