Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #1876 (permalink)
Banned

Can someone explain COMC in a nut shell I know im really far behind on the times lol…..I have about 100 $2-$10 hits I need to sell. From what I understand ….You just send them your cards they post them and you get credit that can be used for COMC or BO…Can I cash out? Do they give you suggestions of what to price your cards at? What are the fees?
Zach23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #1877 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
I have a batch of ~300 cards due to go live today as well. The completion percentage has been at 35% since last Monday. Am I worried?

No.

Count on the batch to be ready for pricing between 4-5 PDT. Sometimes it's a little later. Sometimes a little earlier. But that's been the most common completion time for my batches.

finally went through, I noticed though 7 of my cards didn't and are getting sent back to me, do they give a reason for why they didn't process them or can some people here possibly help me with some reason's why an item would be returned?

Last edited by smit5004; 10-29-2013 at 12:27 AM.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #1878 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
Can someone explain COMC in a nut shell I know im really far behind on the times lol…..I have about 100 $2-$10 hits I need to sell. From what I understand ….You just send them your cards they post them and you get credit that can be used for COMC or BO…Can I cash out? Do they give you suggestions of what to price your cards at? What are the fees?
I have about 100 $2-$10 hits I need to sell. --Should sell well

You just send them your cards they post them and you get credit that can be used for COMC or BO --Yes, but you need to buy some comc credit to pay for processing fees

Can I cash out? -- Yes, for 20% fees to COMC

Do they give you suggestions of what to price your cards at? -- They gave you Beckett value (BV) , also you can see what other sellers price the same card

What are the fees? -- Check their website on different speed time of processing

85K Cards !!! Selling all my stuff in COMC, ANY OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Lots of High-end cards: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc
coolz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #1879 (permalink)

So is comc having any type of special for buyers during black friday? I know about the special for sellers but wondering about the buyers.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #1880 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
finally went through, I noticed though 7 of my cards didn't and are getting sent back to me, do they give a reason for why they didn't process them or can some people here possibly help me with some reason's why an item would be returned?
Hi! I'm so sorry I missed this question earlier.

There is a number of reasons why a card could be returned; it could be an unlicensed card (printed without authority of a league and/or players union), it could have an unverified autograph, or it could be damaged in someway (creases, scuffs, bad corners).

In the past, we've just returned cards to owners with no notations, but we're modifying our processes to include reasons why cards are returned, when they're returned.

I hope this helps, and feel free to hit me with any follow up questions. Again, I'm sorry it took so long to reply. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #1881 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1313 View Post
So is comc having any type of special for buyers during black friday? I know about the special for sellers but wondering about the buyers.
Yes we are; Tim is reviewing a blog post that should go out in the next day or so, which will feature our Black Friday plans. Thanks for your patience.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #1882 (permalink)

What is the best way to handle repetitive, idiotic, time wasting offers on port sales? And "ignore them" would not be an acceptable answer.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #1883 (permalink)

Just counter or reject...no other options really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Devil View Post
What is the best way to handle repetitive, idiotic, time wasting offers on port sales? And "ignore them" would not be an acceptable answer.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #1884 (permalink)

Is this an accurate description of the fees for selling on COMC?

1. Pay .20-$3 per card based on type of card, how many you have and how fast you want it posted
2. Pay .01/month after 90 days for anything .76 or more
3. Cash out 20% fee taken if you go that route

I've been reading about a .25 per card fee the seller is charged when a card sells but I don't see that on their website?
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1885 (permalink)

1 - Correct (I've never paid more than .50 myself).
2 - Correct
3 - Correct

The .25 is actually paid by the buyer - it is the shipping cost for each card. You don't pay that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
Is this an accurate description of the fees for selling on COMC?

1. Pay .20-$3 per card based on type of card, how many you have and how fast you want it posted
2. Pay .01/month after 90 days for anything .76 or more
3. Cash out 20% fee taken if you go that route

I've been reading about a .25 per card fee the seller is charged when a card sells but I don't see that on their website?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #1886 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

I have a question regarding the make an offer feature. Lets say I have multiple items in my cart from 3 different sellers. Seller A takes my offer right away, seller b declines, seller c takes my offer 2 days later.

How would shipping work? Will I have to pay for shipping from seller a and c separately? Or can I have them on hold until I have all my offers worked out even if it takes a few days?

Hope that made sense

Also, is store credit purchased to make offers refundable in case I get declined?
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #1887 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
I have a question regarding the make an offer feature. Lets say I have multiple items in my cart from 3 different sellers. Seller A takes my offer right away, seller b declines, seller c takes my offer 2 days later.

How would shipping work? Will I have to pay for shipping from seller a and c separately? Or can I have them on hold until I have all my offers worked out even if it takes a few days?

Hope that made sense

Also, is store credit purchased to make offers refundable in case I get declined?
You can hold on to your cards for as long as you like...days, weeks, whatever. You will pay the $0.25 S&H fee on each individual card, as your offers are accepted. When you're ready to have your cards shipped, then you'll see the $3.00 flat shipping rate, as long as you're buying these cards in "Simplified Shipping Mode" (Check your options/profile page).

And, any store credit that is bought and not used can be refunded within 30 days.

I hope this helps!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #1888 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
You can hold on to your cards for as long as you like...days, weeks, whatever. You will pay the $0.25 S&H fee on each individual card, as your offers are accepted. When you're ready to have your cards shipped, then you'll see the $3.00 flat shipping rate, as long as you're buying these cards in "Simplified Shipping Mode" (Check your options/profile page).

And, any store credit that is bought and not used can be refunded within 30 days.

I hope this helps!
Is that .25 fee already in the total on my cart page or is that extra for holding?

Thanks for the reply
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #1889 (permalink)

Assuming you haven't messed with your settings - you are in simplified shipping mode. Which means the .25 is included in the price.

If you are in advanced re-seller mode (for flipping on COMC) the .25 is not charged until you decide to ship the card.

Quote:
Is that .25 fee already in the total on my cart page or is that extra for holding?

Thanks for the reply

Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #1890 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for the reply
We don't charge for holding for cards before they're shipped; if a card is marked "not for sale" then there are no "storage fees" charged.

And, if you're buying cards in Simplified Shipping Mode, you won't have to deal with the $0.25 S&H fee. You'll be eligible for the $3.00 flat rate.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #1891 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Ok thanks. Yeah I'm in simplified mode as I don't use COMC for selling, usually just to get some cards for my PC.

Thanks again for the replies.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #1892 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes we are; Tim is reviewing a blog post that should go out in the next day or so, which will feature our Black Friday plans. Thanks for your patience.
Did this happen? Can't find anything on the blog..
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #1893 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
Did this happen? Can't find anything on the blog..
It hasn't happened yet, but we did just post about the new Bulk Editor. :-)
Old 11-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #1894 (permalink)

What is the Black Friday deal for sellers. I'm just starting up my account and sent in my first batch today.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #1895 (permalink)

Free four day promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmithwick View Post
What is the Black Friday deal for sellers. I'm just starting up my account and sent in my first batch today.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #1896 (permalink)

Would be nice to know what the rest of the Black Friday plan is - I have a stack of cards that I will send in for one week processing if it is worthwhile - otherwise they will go slow boat.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #1897 (permalink)

Please get rid of the max price allowed based on bv. First of all it makes no sense because one can't read bv. I just sold a Matt mcgloin upper deck rookie at 9.99 because it's the maximum price I could sell it for on comc based on its 1.25 bv. Look at eBay and they're going higher than that since its his only rc
Old 11-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #1898 (permalink)

will the comc guys be working on Thanksgiving, I would think not but I have a batch that is due to post on that day. I wonder if it will or not or will it be the day after because of the holiday.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #1899 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
will the comc guys be working on Thanksgiving, I would think not but I have a batch that is due to post on that day. I wonder if it will or not or will it be the day after because of the holiday.
mine is also due thursday. I have faith it will be done Wednesday or sometime Thursday so it can be added to the sale promotion. If it was done on Friday they would owe us back some listing fees for late processing, and I don't think I have seen them be late more than a handful of times if that many at all.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #1900 (permalink)

They got them done last year - should be good to go! I have a bunch processing and sending in one more bunch Monday for the hot list.