Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #1901 (permalink)
Banned

Problem resolved, COMC is the best!

Last edited by AllenWilliams87; 12-01-2013 at 12:57 PM.
AllenWilliams87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #1902 (permalink)

Nevermind, must have just been an error. Love this site!

Last edited by JShrader01; 12-01-2013 at 06:27 PM.
JShrader01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #1903 (permalink)

When you look at your shipment history and click on a specific shipment. Are the photos on the left specific photos of the card you recieved? The reason I ask is I got a Ryan Braun jersey card to fill out a shipping order for the BF Sale. I got it yesterday and there was a couple creases around the jersey. If I click on the item it takes me to the items for sale, but if I click on the photo to the left it zooms in on a card and that card doesnt have any creases. Also, the card in question isn't #'d and the card I recieved and all those for sale have the same colored jersey piece.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #1904 (permalink)

Anybody else having issues on comc with beckett. My subscription is active on beckett.com but comc is telling me I need to subscribe. This happened before and it took a couple days but its been almost a week. I only use beckett mainly for comc so it is quite annoying
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #1905 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit5004 View Post
Anybody else having issues on comc with beckett. My subscription is active on beckett.com but comc is telling me I need to subscribe. This happened before and it took a couple days but its been almost a week. I only use beckett mainly for comc so it is quite annoying
Hi! We're really sorry for the inconvenience - we're having some communication issues with Beckett's servers, and there's no ETA on this right now. Rather than have people locking up their store credit on Beckett subscriptions, we've taken the link for that down until we can get a resolution.

As soon as this gets fixed, we'll be telling people. Thanks for your patience.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #1906 (permalink)

I'm having my best month EVER on COMC - nearing $1,000 in sales this month. Not bad for a hobby/side thing. Have been buying some amazing cards!

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #1907 (permalink)

Question

Anyone heard of COMC will be having a Christmas/New Years Promotion like they did with Black Friday?
Old 12-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #1908 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcrules View Post
When you look at your shipment history and click on a specific shipment. Are the photos on the left specific photos of the card you recieved? The reason I ask is I got a Ryan Braun jersey card to fill out a shipping order for the BF Sale. I got it yesterday and there was a couple creases around the jersey. If I click on the item it takes me to the items for sale, but if I click on the photo to the left it zooms in on a card and that card doesnt have any creases. Also, the card in question isn't #'d and the card I recieved and all those for sale have the same colored jersey piece.
I would think you do because each card has a number in the listing and those are probably filed by that number to pull when they are purchased. It would seem like multiples of the same card submitted at different times would be no where near each other. I guess if the card was submitted with similar by the same seller they could be next to/near each other and the wrong one pulled.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #1909 (permalink)

Haven't heard anything - doubtful at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahadum View Post
Anyone heard of COMC will be having a Christmas/New Years Promotion like they did with Black Friday?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #1910 (permalink)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Haven't heard anything - doubtful at this point.
Well that sucks.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #1911 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi gang, I've been holding off as long as I could, but I haven't heard anything about a COMC "holiday" special for 2013.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks. If this changes, I'll let you know...
Old 12-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #1912 (permalink)

Did they run one last year?

I'm sure some folks will be running specials on their own leading up to and after Christmas. I might run one or two just to clear some stock.

Quote:
Well that sucks.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #1913 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm sure some folks will be running specials on their own leading up to and after Christmas. I might run one or two just to clear some stock.

Was not a member last year. Just tired so spending $3 a pop and not really getting any sales. Just hoping for a special or something that might help with sales.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #1914 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe they ran Black Friday, Spring Cleaning, and the National promos only last year.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #1915 (permalink)

If you want sales - you need to price your cards so people will buy them. I've only run two promos (other than Black Friday) in the last 6 months. Both were well worth the $3 as I sold a good amount of cards and made a few hundred each time.

Quote:
Was not a member last year. Just tired so spending $3 a pop and not really getting any sales. Just hoping for a special or something that might help with sales.
That's all I could remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
I believe they ran Black Friday, Spring Cleaning, and the National promos only last year.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #1916 (permalink)

Quote:
If you want sales - you need to price your cards so people will buy them. I've only run two promos (other than Black Friday) in the last 6 months. Both were well worth the $3 as I sold a good amount of cards and made a few hundred each time.
Most of the cards I have 50 - 60% off book already plus every week or so drop the prices a bit and have been running a few 10% and 20% with nothing . So if I am basically going to give them away I have just been getting cards sent back to me and donating them to a charity of my choice. Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #1917 (permalink)

Quick question - Does the Bulk 10-week processing include subsets, inserts and parallels as long as they are not numbered to hit the minimum quantity?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #1918 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Quick question - Does the Bulk 10-week processing include subsets, inserts and parallels as long as they are not numbered to hit the minimum quantity?
Anyone?
Old 12-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #1919 (permalink)

Quote:

Hi! Sorry for the delay in replying here - there are some restrictions when it comes to the Bulk 10-week service:

Cards must be grouped in lots of 100 or more items from the exact same set.
- No penny sleeves
- No serial numbered items
- No vintage (pre-1980)

Other than that, you'll be good to go. If you have enough subsets/inserts/parallels to meet the minimum, have at it
Old 01-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #1920 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Cards must be grouped in lots of 100 or more items from the exact same set.

Other than that, you'll be good to go. If you have enough subsets/inserts/parallels to meet the minimum, have at it
Thanks for the reply. I guess that's my question. When you say "Exact Same set", does that include the parallels and subsets to get over the 100?

IE: Let's say for 2012 Score Football, I have 75 cards from the base set, 50 glossy parallels and 25 cards from insert subset, can I send these together for the reduced rate, or do I need 100+ base, 100+ glossy, 100+ from any insert subset to qualify?
Old 01-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #1921 (permalink)

I changed my prices with the bulk editor a few days ago, and it appears search results still have not been updated (the prices show up correctly only after you click to view a particular card). Is this a bug?
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #1922 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I changed my prices with the bulk editor a few days ago, and it appears search results still have not been updated (the prices show up correctly only after you click to view a particular card). Is this a bug?
I've also noticed this. Some expired sale pricing also shows up when searching, but is no longer present when clicking on the specific card. When viewing my port, my sales prices were still showing in green a couple days after my sale ended. My guess is it's temporary. Maybe something to do with the holiday or year end?

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I guess that's my question. When you say "Exact Same set", does that include the parallels and subsets to get over the 100?

IE: Let's say for 2012 Score Football, I have 75 cards from the base set, 50 glossy parallels and 25 cards from insert subset, can I send these together for the reduced rate, or do I need 100+ base, 100+ glossy, 100+ from any insert subset to qualify?
Anyone?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #1923 (permalink)

My understanding is that "exact same set" means "exact same set" for bulk purposes. So, if you have 50 of a base set and 50 of an insert set, that wouldn't count as 100 from the "exact same set" for the purpose of the bulk deal.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #1924 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
My understanding is that "exact same set" means "exact same set" for bulk purposes. So, if you have 50 of a base set and 50 of an insert set, that wouldn't count as 100 from the "exact same set" for the purpose of the bulk deal.
Perfect. Thank you for the response. Funny as it sounds, that $0.05 makes all the difference when determining if a card is worth sending in or not.

I remember back when the fees were lower, I was sending in paper BDPP cards of scrubs, now I'm being a bit more selective .
Old 01-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #1925 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

I haven't been getting emails on offers that I've sent or received. I'll log in and see that someone's offered me on a card or countered me on the buyer side. If I don't remember to log in for a few days then that could start to be not good.