Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #1926 (permalink)
Member
 
theacox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 1,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
I haven't been getting emails on offers that I've sent or received. I'll log in and see that someone's offered me on a card or countered me on the buyer side. If I don't remember to log in for a few days then that could start to be not good.
I haven't had this problem, but I did log in and check out some port sales tonight. One in particular shows only baseball cards in the summary on the left side, but the pics and descriptions in the middle are all football. Something is a little haywire.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #1927 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,223
Default New Website Layout?

I noticed the look of the site changed slightly. Overall, it feels a bit cleaner, which I like.

I have a couple issues to note, but the primary one is I can't view zoomed images anymore. The screen goes gray, but there is no enlarged image.

I'm running IE 11 (Desktop Browser) Windows 8.1

Is anyone else having this issue?
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #1928 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,807
Default

Not that one, but when I try to use the drop down under my name (to view dashboard, inventory, etc.) the background menus keep popping up in the way.

I am noticing that searches are quite a bit faster it seems.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #1929 (permalink)
Member
 
rtcrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
I noticed the look of the site changed slightly. Overall, it feels a bit cleaner, which I like.

I have a couple issues to note, but the primary one is I can't view zoomed images anymore. The screen goes gray, but there is no enlarged image.

I'm running IE 11 (Desktop Browser) Windows 8.1

Is anyone else having this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Not that one, but when I try to use the drop down under my name (to view dashboard, inventory, etc.) the background menus keep popping up in the way.

I am noticing that searches are quite a bit faster it seems.
Im having issues with both of these as well.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 AM   #1930 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 165
Default

Thanks for letting us know. We are working on a fix for these issues.
Ghumbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #1931 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Thanks for letting us know. We are working on a fix for these issues.
They look fixed with the new site layout back up. Thanks!

Another issue:

If your browser zoom is 100%+, depending on your computer resolution, it is impossible to "Report Error" as the pop-up window is too large for the screen and scrolling does nothing but move the background. The "OK" button is actually below the working area of my screen.



While most users are smart enough to work around it, I think it may be something to look into making more "idiot proof".
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #1932 (permalink)
Member
 
ohiomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,982
Default

"Add to shipment" button broken for the last day or so.
__________________
Find me at SPORTLOTS.COM - OHIOMIKE
Domestic orders over 50 cards ship ABSOLUTELY FREE with me, copy and paste this URL:

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1933 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post

Another issue:

If your browser zoom is 100%+, depending on your computer resolution, it is impossible to "Report Error" as the pop-up window is too large for the screen and scrolling does nothing but move the background. The "OK" button is actually below the working area of my screen.
Was just going to complain about this. Happens on my netbook.

Another issue on the netbook -- when I search for cards and just view the text listings, I scroll down and get this annoying "TOP" gray box that obscures information about the cards. Anybody can scroll to the top of the screen without clicking on a TOP box. So, I would love to see that thing removed.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #1934 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
"Add to shipment" button broken for the last day or so.
It has been broken for several weeks. I have to go back to Inventory Manager to get a card placed in "Add to Shipment".
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #1935 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,807
Default

Just passed $7,000 in sales on the site (started selling in earnest September 2012) - thanks to the COMC crew for making it a great place to buy and sell!
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #1936 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 92
Default

I think a valuable tool that can be added to COMC is the ability to search for just SOLD OUT cards that have had past sales through the portal. For me, I have a PC of former Texas A&M baseball players, but I require the cards to mention Texas A&M somewhere on them. It is rather difficult to find adequate scans at times, especially for the harder to find minor league and independent league team issued cards. I have occasionally been able to find a backdoor through Google image search to see the old COMC scans of certain SOLD OUT cards, but having access to all of the cards that have come through the COMC system would be an immense help.

I also think other sellers could use this tool to quickly identify cards of certain players that they can send that would currently have no other competition.
HoustonCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #1937 (permalink)
Member
 
theacox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 1,774
Default

Soooo.... I kind of let my COMC account lag for awhile. I had almost all low end cards that had been on there a long time until just before the end of the year.

I decided to just send everything I had into COMC. Really December and January have been great months for me, after doing that. I have had everything priced realistically and the higher cards tend to sell themselves, while the lower ones seem to jockey for position. Still, the last 2 months in the 'dead zone" have been great for me (a small time seller) and I look forward to picking up a few more PC items and cashing out a BO certificate for a case later in the year.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #1938 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCPA View Post
I think a valuable tool that can be added to COMC is the ability to search for just SOLD OUT cards that have had past sales through the portal. For me, I have a PC of former Texas A&M baseball players, but I require the cards to mention Texas A&M somewhere on them. It is rather difficult to find adequate scans at times, especially for the harder to find minor league and independent league team issued cards. I have occasionally been able to find a backdoor through Google image search to see the old COMC scans of certain SOLD OUT cards, but having access to all of the cards that have come through the COMC system would be an immense help.

I also think other sellers could use this tool to quickly identify cards of certain players that they can send that would currently have no other competition.
For what it's worth, there's a workaround for this, assuming you have the card number; it just takes a bit of work. Navigate to an in-stock card from the same set, then edit the URL by replacing the card number with the number of the card you're looking for (and erasing everything else). For instance: if you want to see a picture of a 1998 Bowman Chrome Refractor Bronson Arroyo, card #145, just search for "1998 Bowman Chrome ref", click on one of the cards that's currently for sale (Cal Ripken, for instance), then replace the "222/Cal_Ripken/2213690" in the URL with "145" and hit enter. Hope that helps.
mschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #1939 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
Soooo.... I kind of let my COMC account lag for awhile. I had almost all low end cards that had been on there a long time until just before the end of the year.

I decided to just send everything I had into COMC. Really December and January have been great months for me, after doing that. I have had everything priced realistically and the higher cards tend to sell themselves, while the lower ones seem to jockey for position. Still, the last 2 months in the 'dead zone" have been great for me (a small time seller) and I look forward to picking up a few more PC items and cashing out a BO certificate for a case later in the year.
Congrats on the sales

I gave up on the whole "Jockeying for position" regarding low-end. If I'm out of the storage fee price range, I just let them sit. I only worry about cards with storage fees attached to them, and in most cases, there aren't nearly as many of them on the site to compete with on pricing.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #1940 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 92
Default

Thanks mschub. That trick helped me find some additional cards today. It's not perfect, but it's better than what I was using.
HoustonCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #1941 (permalink)
k13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: London,Ontario
Posts: 1,088
Default

Is the $20 first timer coupon gone now?

Is there a referral program?
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #1942 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,978
Default

Moe,
Could we please get an update on the NHL Office pool via COMC? There haven't been any updates on what it's for. I'm having a blast doing it, but just wondering what will come out of it.
Thanks.
__________________
Check out jonnyg1014 on COMC
Great prices, will listen to all offers!
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/jonnyg1014/
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #1943 (permalink)
Member
 
Tylerjo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 1,120
Default

I have a question about submitting, this would be my first time ever submitting any cards to COMC and was wondering what the best method to use is. Is it the standard or premium? I'm basicall going to be sending in some colored topps chrome refractors and some GPK chrome cards and maybe some low end autos, patches, and jersey cards. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am not all that familiar with the submitting or selling process on COMC.
Thanks
__________________
FOOTBALL:: Collecting All Atlanta Falcons mainly Robert Alford, Desmond Trufant, Levine Toilolo.
Baseball:: Josh Rutledge (Went to Highschool with him) & Dylan Manwaring, Jason Hursh, and Braves
Tylerjo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #1944 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,807
Default

I reserve premium service for higher end stuff and/or super star type players. Everything else would go for the basic. You have to think about the cost to get the items listed - $1.00 for premium and .25 for basic.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #1945 (permalink)
Member
 
rtcrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 641
Default

Testimonial time. There has been some discussion about ports today in other threads and it got me thinking. My COMC plan has always been to flip for PC items. For whatever reason it was mainly low end stuff I could make a few pennies on. But I never did the math to see if it was working. I've put $150 on the site. If I sold my whole port for 50% off and added my available funds I would make about $20 after cash out fees. But my 131 cards added to my PC at $144 Dlvd have made my time on the site worth it. Its taken a lot of time, and I'm sure there were better ways to do it but its been a rewarding experience.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1946 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,223
Default

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the site has been running frustratingly slow today?
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #1947 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Moe,
Could we please get an update on the NHL Office pool via COMC? There haven't been any updates on what it's for. I'm having a blast doing it, but just wondering what will come out of it.
Thanks.
Hi! Sam in our Vancouver office is running the hockey pool. I'll post an update from him as soon as I hear from him.
__________________
Moe,
Customer Relations Agent for COMC
MoeCOMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #1948 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,947
Default

When the Beckett BVs go away, how exactly are "suggested prices" going to be determined?
__________________


anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #1949 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 4,987
Default

I'll be a little upset when Beckett BV goes away.

Had this thing at full book and somebody bought it from Amazon. I love Amazon.

Attached Thumbnails
CheckOutMyCards.com Questions, Suggestions & Testimonials-skip-hicks.jpg  
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @85CaseBreaks

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #1950 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 14,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I'll be a little upset when Beckett BV goes away.

Had this thing at full book and somebody bought it from Amazon. I love Amazon.

So nice hahaha
__________________
COMC - Don Sutton Auto /10 in the port, taking offers on it!!!!!
http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html
Posted By For Type Date
Website Performance Update | COMC Blog This thread Refback 01-05-2014 04:13 AM
Save your favorite searches | COMC Blog This thread Refback 04-09-2013 03:27 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | COMC Blog Post #0 Refback 10-14-2012 12:29 PM
COMC.com Launch ? The Final Countdown | CheckOutMyCards.com Blog Post #0 Refback 10-01-2012 01:54 PM
Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows on Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 06-18-2012 07:14 PM
cardsrus1 @ check out my cards - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 09-18-2011 08:37 AM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 09:23 PM
Website question - The Bench...Sportscard Trading and Talk This thread Refback 01-04-2011 01:13 PM
DDearing launches 50-days-till-Christmas sale CheckOutMyCards.com Blog This thread Refback 12-13-2010 01:37 AM
Clyde's Stale Cards This thread Refback 03-17-2010 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.