Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #1926 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
I haven't been getting emails on offers that I've sent or received. I'll log in and see that someone's offered me on a card or countered me on the buyer side. If I don't remember to log in for a few days then that could start to be not good.
I haven't had this problem, but I did log in and check out some port sales tonight. One in particular shows only baseball cards in the summary on the left side, but the pics and descriptions in the middle are all football. Something is a little haywire.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #1927 (permalink)

Default New Website Layout?

I noticed the look of the site changed slightly. Overall, it feels a bit cleaner, which I like.

I have a couple issues to note, but the primary one is I can't view zoomed images anymore. The screen goes gray, but there is no enlarged image.

I'm running IE 11 (Desktop Browser) Windows 8.1

Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #1928 (permalink)

Not that one, but when I try to use the drop down under my name (to view dashboard, inventory, etc.) the background menus keep popping up in the way.

I am noticing that searches are quite a bit faster it seems.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #1929 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
I noticed the look of the site changed slightly. Overall, it feels a bit cleaner, which I like.

I have a couple issues to note, but the primary one is I can't view zoomed images anymore. The screen goes gray, but there is no enlarged image.

I'm running IE 11 (Desktop Browser) Windows 8.1

Is anyone else having this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Not that one, but when I try to use the drop down under my name (to view dashboard, inventory, etc.) the background menus keep popping up in the way.

I am noticing that searches are quite a bit faster it seems.
Im having issues with both of these as well.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 AM   #1930 (permalink)

Thanks for letting us know. We are working on a fix for these issues.
Ghumbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #1931 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Thanks for letting us know. We are working on a fix for these issues.
They look fixed with the new site layout back up. Thanks!

Another issue:

If your browser zoom is 100%+, depending on your computer resolution, it is impossible to "Report Error" as the pop-up window is too large for the screen and scrolling does nothing but move the background. The "OK" button is actually below the working area of my screen.

While most users are smart enough to work around it, I think it may be something to look into making more "idiot proof".
Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #1932 (permalink)

"Add to shipment" button broken for the last day or so.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1933 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post

Another issue:

If your browser zoom is 100%+, depending on your computer resolution, it is impossible to "Report Error" as the pop-up window is too large for the screen and scrolling does nothing but move the background. The "OK" button is actually below the working area of my screen.
Was just going to complain about this. Happens on my netbook.

Another issue on the netbook -- when I search for cards and just view the text listings, I scroll down and get this annoying "TOP" gray box that obscures information about the cards. Anybody can scroll to the top of the screen without clicking on a TOP box. So, I would love to see that thing removed.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #1934 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
"Add to shipment" button broken for the last day or so.
It has been broken for several weeks. I have to go back to Inventory Manager to get a card placed in "Add to Shipment".
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #1935 (permalink)

Just passed $7,000 in sales on the site (started selling in earnest September 2012) - thanks to the COMC crew for making it a great place to buy and sell!

Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #1936 (permalink)

I think a valuable tool that can be added to COMC is the ability to search for just SOLD OUT cards that have had past sales through the portal. For me, I have a PC of former Texas A&M baseball players, but I require the cards to mention Texas A&M somewhere on them. It is rather difficult to find adequate scans at times, especially for the harder to find minor league and independent league team issued cards. I have occasionally been able to find a backdoor through Google image search to see the old COMC scans of certain SOLD OUT cards, but having access to all of the cards that have come through the COMC system would be an immense help.

I also think other sellers could use this tool to quickly identify cards of certain players that they can send that would currently have no other competition.
HoustonCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #1937 (permalink)

Soooo.... I kind of let my COMC account lag for awhile. I had almost all low end cards that had been on there a long time until just before the end of the year.

I decided to just send everything I had into COMC. Really December and January have been great months for me, after doing that. I have had everything priced realistically and the higher cards tend to sell themselves, while the lower ones seem to jockey for position. Still, the last 2 months in the 'dead zone" have been great for me (a small time seller) and I look forward to picking up a few more PC items and cashing out a BO certificate for a case later in the year.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #1938 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCPA View Post
I think a valuable tool that can be added to COMC is the ability to search for just SOLD OUT cards that have had past sales through the portal. For me, I have a PC of former Texas A&M baseball players, but I require the cards to mention Texas A&M somewhere on them. It is rather difficult to find adequate scans at times, especially for the harder to find minor league and independent league team issued cards. I have occasionally been able to find a backdoor through Google image search to see the old COMC scans of certain SOLD OUT cards, but having access to all of the cards that have come through the COMC system would be an immense help.

I also think other sellers could use this tool to quickly identify cards of certain players that they can send that would currently have no other competition.
For what it's worth, there's a workaround for this, assuming you have the card number; it just takes a bit of work. Navigate to an in-stock card from the same set, then edit the URL by replacing the card number with the number of the card you're looking for (and erasing everything else). For instance: if you want to see a picture of a 1998 Bowman Chrome Refractor Bronson Arroyo, card #145, just search for "1998 Bowman Chrome ref", click on one of the cards that's currently for sale (Cal Ripken, for instance), then replace the "222/Cal_Ripken/2213690" in the URL with "145" and hit enter. Hope that helps.
mschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #1939 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
Soooo.... I kind of let my COMC account lag for awhile. I had almost all low end cards that had been on there a long time until just before the end of the year.

I decided to just send everything I had into COMC. Really December and January have been great months for me, after doing that. I have had everything priced realistically and the higher cards tend to sell themselves, while the lower ones seem to jockey for position. Still, the last 2 months in the 'dead zone" have been great for me (a small time seller) and I look forward to picking up a few more PC items and cashing out a BO certificate for a case later in the year.
Congrats on the sales

I gave up on the whole "Jockeying for position" regarding low-end. If I'm out of the storage fee price range, I just let them sit. I only worry about cards with storage fees attached to them, and in most cases, there aren't nearly as many of them on the site to compete with on pricing.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #1940 (permalink)

Thanks mschub. That trick helped me find some additional cards today. It's not perfect, but it's better than what I was using.
HoustonCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #1941 (permalink)
k13

Is the $20 first timer coupon gone now?

Is there a referral program?
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #1942 (permalink)

Moe,
Could we please get an update on the NHL Office pool via COMC? There haven't been any updates on what it's for. I'm having a blast doing it, but just wondering what will come out of it.
Thanks.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #1943 (permalink)

I have a question about submitting, this would be my first time ever submitting any cards to COMC and was wondering what the best method to use is. Is it the standard or premium? I'm basicall going to be sending in some colored topps chrome refractors and some GPK chrome cards and maybe some low end autos, patches, and jersey cards. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am not all that familiar with the submitting or selling process on COMC.
Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #1944 (permalink)

I reserve premium service for higher end stuff and/or super star type players. Everything else would go for the basic. You have to think about the cost to get the items listed - $1.00 for premium and .25 for basic.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #1945 (permalink)

Testimonial time. There has been some discussion about ports today in other threads and it got me thinking. My COMC plan has always been to flip for PC items. For whatever reason it was mainly low end stuff I could make a few pennies on. But I never did the math to see if it was working. I've put $150 on the site. If I sold my whole port for 50% off and added my available funds I would make about $20 after cash out fees. But my 131 cards added to my PC at $144 Dlvd have made my time on the site worth it. Its taken a lot of time, and I'm sure there were better ways to do it but its been a rewarding experience.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1946 (permalink)

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the site has been running frustratingly slow today?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #1947 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Moe,
Could we please get an update on the NHL Office pool via COMC? There haven't been any updates on what it's for. I'm having a blast doing it, but just wondering what will come out of it.
Thanks.
Hi! Sam in our Vancouver office is running the hockey pool. I'll post an update from him as soon as I hear from him.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #1948 (permalink)

When the Beckett BVs go away, how exactly are "suggested prices" going to be determined?

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #1949 (permalink)

I'll be a little upset when Beckett BV goes away.

Had this thing at full book and somebody bought it from Amazon. I love Amazon.

Attached Thumbnails
CheckOutMyCards.com Questions, Suggestions & Testimonials-skip-hicks.jpg  

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #1950 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I'll be a little upset when Beckett BV goes away.

Had this thing at full book and somebody bought it from Amazon. I love Amazon.

So nice hahaha

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote