Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #1951 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I'll be a little upset when Beckett BV goes away.

Had this thing at full book and somebody bought it from Amazon. I love Amazon.

How did you snag a parallel /50 for $0.09? Port purchase?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #1952 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
How did you snag a parallel /50 for $0.09? Port purchase?
Ya, Port purchase... a while ago, though. I think I got it from a port I bought in Dec 2012. I remember laughing when I saw the BV and what I got it for... I threw it up at full book because it was the only one on site and thought, "what the hell"

Never thought it would sell... was kind of pumped when it did!

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #1953 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll be a little upset when Beckett BV goes away.

Had this thing at full book and somebody bought it from Amazon. I love Amazon.

I think Skip Hicks mom bought the card! Amazon accept works!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #1954 (permalink)

Quote:
Ya, Port purchase... a while ago, though. I think I got it from a port I bought in Dec 2012. I remember laughing when I saw the BV and what I got it for... I threw it up at full book because it was the only one on site and thought, "what the hell"

Never thought it would sell... was kind of pumped when it did!
That's awesome! Once I sell enough stuff I'm hoping to buy a port or two

SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:57 AM   #1955 (permalink)

This upgrade fee that's now happening for cards crossing the $50 mark not initially processed under the $1 processing is atrocious. I see the logic for most everything on this site, but I just don't get this one.

Here's the scenario where I first saw this: I buy a card I kinda like that has what I regard as having good flipping value. I'm not terribly keen on selling it, it's the sort of thing I would like in my collection, but will move it if the right price comes along. This may sound stupid, but it's surprising how often people have hit that number for me and I've sold cards that I may have otherwise just kept. The card just found a home that wanted it more. I'm pretty certain I'm not the only user who does this. Regardless, now I try to do this with a card purchased this evening and am told that I need to pay a fifty cent fee for the privilege of listing the card higher than $50. I'm already not fantastically keen on moving the card, and now I have to actually pay a fee to relist it. To be honest, I think there's a really good chance that someone would have hit my number on that card, but now it's the sort of thing where I'm sufficiently discouraged to the point where if I do try to sell it I'll very likely do it on ebay.

I would be fine with this if that fifty cents was actively going towards something rather than just being an illusory fee. But it isn't. It's the privilege for selling at a certain price, basically retroactively paying for premium processing even if you're a flipper. I fail to see the connection between the speed of the listing service and the function of the flipping service, and have been unable to find information on the blogs or forums to illuminate this issue.

This is going to get really unpleasant for cards that have spikes in value, or anybody flipping cards with the thought of that in mind. It's a reason not to flip there, basically, and a tangible reason to take higher priced cards off the site so you don't get saddled with unnecessary fees, or keeping cards labeled not for sale rather than keeping them active and priced. That sort of thing can add up, and people don't like giving away money for an arbitrary fee.

What's unusually dumb about this whole thing is that the card in question isn't some junk common that I'm asking too much for. It's a 2013 Bowman Draft Red Paper, numbered to 5 of a legitimate prospect. Nobody's retiring off of these, but they absolutely aren't crap, and it's beyond my comprehension how COMC has been able to broadly decide that these cards are not worth more than $50 and wants to charge me extra for possessing the audacity to ask more than that for one of these.

Sure, I could have made fifty cents back in the time it took me to write this silly post, but it'll cost me long term, I just don't see the function of this as a permanent fee for using the site. I don't even know when this got added to the site or if I'm the only one irritated by this, but I figured I should mention this, if only to get some clarity on what exactly it is that COMC expects me to be paying for here.
hundley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #1956 (permalink)

Is anyone having trouble seeing images tonight?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #1957 (permalink)

Quote:
Is anyone having trouble seeing images tonight?
Im getting nothing and the site as a whole is running really slow.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:27 AM   #1958 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcrules View Post
Im getting nothing and the site as a whole is running really slow.
Running good now. I'm guessing there's been a bit more traffic this week on the site which might be taking its toll.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #1959 (permalink)

Anybody else not able to login this morning?
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #1960 (permalink)

I can't login....

85K Cards !!! Selling all my stuff in COMC, ANY OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Lots of High-end cards: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc
coolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #1961 (permalink)

They posted it as a provider issue - not a site issue last night. Not sure what the login stuff may be.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #1962 (permalink)

Odd. I haven't had any trouble logging in 3 or 4 times in the last 3 or 4 hours.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #1963 (permalink)

I had some brief issues about 2 1.2 hours ago, fine now
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #1964 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
They posted it as a provider issue - not a site issue last night. Not sure what the login stuff may be.
It didn't last long -- under an hour. Still unnerving since it read as if somebody changed your password or blocked your account. COMC seems pretty trustworthy but things like online poker scams, Mt. Gox bitcoins, etc. still flashed through my mind when I couldn't login.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #1965 (permalink)

I was talking about the pictures issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
It didn't last long -- under an hour. Still unnerving since it read as if somebody changed your password or blocked your account. COMC seems pretty trustworthy but things like online poker scams, Mt. Gox bitcoins, etc. still flashed through my mind when I couldn't login.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #1966 (permalink)

Anyone seen this before? I had two non-sport cards added to my port today and this is the title of them

2014 Unsupported #NNO
RETURN
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #1967 (permalink)

Yea, I had one ( an unlicensed Lemieux card) about a month ago and it is still stuck in there....I cant price it, I cant give it to charity. I don't want it and told them to throw it away and they haven't done anything with it yet.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #1968 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Yea, I had one ( an unlicensed Lemieux card) about a month ago and it is still stuck in there....I cant price it, I cant give it to charity. I don't want it and told them to throw it away and they haven't done anything with it yet.
The odd thing is that I am able to set a price for these two cards, but how on earth is a buyer going to find them?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #1969 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundley View Post
This upgrade fee that's now happening for cards crossing the $50 mark not initially processed under the $1 processing is atrocious. I see the logic for most everything on this site, but I just don't get this one.

Here's the scenario where I first saw this: I buy a card I kinda like that has what I regard as having good flipping value. I'm not terribly keen on selling it, it's the sort of thing I would like in my collection, but will move it if the right price comes along. This may sound stupid, but it's surprising how often people have hit that number for me and I've sold cards that I may have otherwise just kept. The card just found a home that wanted it more. I'm pretty certain I'm not the only user who does this. Regardless, now I try to do this with a card purchased this evening and am told that I need to pay a fifty cent fee for the privilege of listing the card higher than $50. I'm already not fantastically keen on moving the card, and now I have to actually pay a fee to relist it. To be honest, I think there's a really good chance that someone would have hit my number on that card, but now it's the sort of thing where I'm sufficiently discouraged to the point where if I do try to sell it I'll very likely do it on ebay.

I would be fine with this if that fifty cents was actively going towards something rather than just being an illusory fee. But it isn't. It's the privilege for selling at a certain price, basically retroactively paying for premium processing even if you're a flipper. I fail to see the connection between the speed of the listing service and the function of the flipping service, and have been unable to find information on the blogs or forums to illuminate this issue.

This is going to get really unpleasant for cards that have spikes in value, or anybody flipping cards with the thought of that in mind. It's a reason not to flip there, basically, and a tangible reason to take higher priced cards off the site so you don't get saddled with unnecessary fees, or keeping cards labeled not for sale rather than keeping them active and priced. That sort of thing can add up, and people don't like giving away money for an arbitrary fee.

What's unusually dumb about this whole thing is that the card in question isn't some junk common that I'm asking too much for. It's a 2013 Bowman Draft Red Paper, numbered to 5 of a legitimate prospect. Nobody's retiring off of these, but they absolutely aren't crap, and it's beyond my comprehension how COMC has been able to broadly decide that these cards are not worth more than $50 and wants to charge me extra for possessing the audacity to ask more than that for one of these.

Sure, I could have made fifty cents back in the time it took me to write this silly post, but it'll cost me long term, I just don't see the function of this as a permanent fee for using the site. I don't even know when this got added to the site or if I'm the only one irritated by this, but I figured I should mention this, if only to get some clarity on what exactly it is that COMC expects me to be paying for here.
I completely understand your irritation. I sent in a handful of nicer HOF Jersey, Patch cards and a couple Cut Autographs. I sent these in before the spring cleaning promo. I don't consider these the kinds of cards to mark down over 20% as they are nice cards which will have no problem moving. Since everything else is already discounted, I want to mark a few of these above $50, which prompts the $0.50 surcharge even though the net price after promo markdown is less than $50. Very annoying.

To be clear, I don't mark up my prices for a promo, but it's kind of frustrating when a free promo is running and new stock comes in, where I'm being punished to price nicer cards which are technically asking less than $50 after promo discount.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #1970 (permalink)

It's counterintuitive on COMC's part to upcharge higher dollar items. As evidenced by their Vault promotion, which they spent countless resources on and then abrubtly abandoned, they are trying to increase the number of higher dollar items on their site. So why shoot those efforts in the foot with this policy?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:34 AM   #1971 (permalink)

Fun fact by the way: When you get that upgrade for 50 cents notification, you need to just close the window or refresh the page or something if you still want to price the card without incurring the charge. Had it today where I picked up a card to flip, decided to price it slightly above $50, got the notification, decided before clicking on the update price button to change the listing price to 49.99 instead(since I was only going to price it at about $60 anyway) and actually got charged the 50 cent fee anyway because that notification was still active, regardless of what I was actually physically listing it for. It's definitely my fault for giving the coding of this too much credit, but it's fifty cents I've thrown away due to unintuitive design. If this charge is going to stick around long term, a NO THANKS button would be a pretty nice addition.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #1972 (permalink)

Quote:
Fun fact by the way: When you get that upgrade for 50 cents notification, you need to just close the window or refresh the page or something if you still want to price the card without incurring the charge. Had it today where I picked up a card to flip, decided to price it slightly above $50, got the notification, decided before clicking on the update price button to change the listing price to 49.99 instead(since I was only going to price it at about $60 anyway) and actually got charged the 50 cent fee anyway because that notification was still active, regardless of what I was actually physically listing it for. It's definitely my fault for giving the coding of this too much credit, but it's fifty cents I've thrown away due to unintuitive design. If this charge is going to stick around long term, a NO THANKS button would be a pretty nice addition.
That kind of happened to me also on a card yesterday morning. I've been on board with most of the new fees and rate hikes, but this one defies all logic IMO.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:06 AM   #1973 (permalink)

Quote:
That kind of happened to me also on a card yesterday morning. I've been on board with most of the new fees and rate hikes, but this one defies all logic IMO.
Yeah. I mean, at this point just an explanation would be nice. The upgrade link that appears just takes you to the fees page which only describes this service as "1-3 Business Days" and to just broadly state that this fee exists. I don't really know what that has to do with cards already in your possession. I'm pretty much left to assume that it's purely an arbitrary fee, not something we're actually paying for. I've always thought that the 20% cashout fee was already a pretty reasonable way for us to pay for the privilege of selling higher priced items on the site, I don't really understand what this extra fee is accomplishing beyond it being an easy excuse to squeeze a couple extra dollars out of us.

I'm with you, I get the way the rest of the site works fundamentally, but it's discouraging to see inexplicable fees like this starting to appear. I hope they reconsider choices like this in the future.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #1974 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi, Hundley. I've refunded you the $0.50 fee. I've been trying to replicate this bug this morning on my computer, but haven't had success yet. What was the item number and what browser were you using?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #1975 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, Hundley. I've refunded you the $0.50 fee. I've been trying to replicate this bug this morning on my computer, but haven't had success yet. What was the item number and what browser were you using?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Hey, thanks. It was 13575511 and I was using Firefox.

EDIT: Oh, I double-checked. I'm in advanced reselling mode and remember listing the item at 49.99(as I said) but according to the advanced pricing. I checked with another item and trying to price it at 49.99 still causes the upgrade notification to appear. I didn't factor that in. So that explains it.

I still think this confusion in the future could be averted with a popup though, like the one that occurs with the condition notes. A little harder to make a mistake with that.

EDIT2: Or just getting rid of the $50 card tax all together. That's probably the best way to avoid that sort of confusion.

Last edited by hundley; 03-24-2014 at 06:09 PM.