Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsheroes View Post
we have time, tim's not here, here is his phone # 1-800-517-3540, but rumor has it he is not taking your calls either.
I take it you work for COMC?

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #177 (permalink)
Banned

no i am a professional wise guy
sportsheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #178 (permalink)
Banned

if i did they would have fired me a long time ago.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #179 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
As I stated earlier their customer service is..., to be nice, lacking. I PM'ed Tim through here and I contacted them through their site a few times as Tim requested we do on here. I have yet to hear back from them at all.
Maybe they only reply the last week of the month.
Agreed. Right now, Tuesday afternoon will have a disgruntled phone call made. I see no reason for emails to go beyond 48 hrs, and I have two of those, both of which I feel were important enough to send. As a seller, I very much care what goes on at COMC. But the biggest way to loose faith is to loose out on what was very good customer service and we all know communication is a huge part of that. As a buyer, I feel I have a vested interest in the site. I was very happy to meet and talk to the guys at COMC in Cleveland. And have enjoyed adding to my Boggs PC, but I can pretty much assure you that if I pull my port, I wont have the funds on the site to buy cards, which now effects guys.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #180 (permalink)

Anybody else been stuck at 80% for at least two weeks now? This may be how they "processed" over 100,000 cards last month. I still have not reached their quoted date but when I first saw that my order was 80% processed, I thought that they may get them up early.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #181 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
Anybody else been stuck at 80% for at least two weeks now? This may be how they "processed" over 100,000 cards last month. I still have not reached their quoted date but when I first saw that my order was 80% processed, I thought that they may get them up early.
Yeah I've been stuck too. Yeah I was thinking the same thing that they processed so many to get there end of the month numbers up. Really sucks though cause I have a Mark Sanchez Chrome Auto that I thought was going to be listed early.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #182 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Agreed. Right now, Tuesday afternoon will have a disgruntled phone call made. I see no reason for emails to go beyond 48 hrs, and I have two of those, both of which I feel were important enough to send. As a seller, I very much care what goes on at COMC. But the biggest way to loose faith is to loose out on what was very good customer service and we all know communication is a huge part of that. As a buyer, I feel I have a vested interest in the site. I was very happy to meet and talk to the guys at COMC in Cleveland. And have enjoyed adding to my Boggs PC, but I can pretty much assure you that if I pull my port, I wont have the funds on the site to buy cards, which now effects guys.
For the record..Tim answered my questions directly and got the problems fixed. Thanks Tim!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #183 (permalink)

Just sent in my first batch of 500 cards to COMC. The wait is on.

I've been looking around on the site this morning. Is there anyway to see what cards have sold in the past? Like a completed search on ebay?

If not it would be a suggestion I'd like to make to the COMC staff. I think that it would really amp up people trying to flip cards. It would also help the sellers see what moves. I was fairly conservative with what I sent in to get started.

If we could see what moves. I'm sure we as sellers could increase our inventory and sales. Which in turn would be good for COMC also.
ballcards23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballcards23 View Post
Just sent in my first batch of 500 cards to COMC. The wait is on.

I've been looking around on the site this morning. Is there anyway to see what cards have sold in the past? Like a completed search on ebay?

If not it would be a suggestion I'd like to make to the COMC staff. I think that it would really amp up people trying to flip cards. It would also help the sellers see what moves. I was fairly conservative with what I sent in to get started.

If we could see what moves. I'm sure we as sellers could increase our inventory and sales. Which in turn would be good for COMC also.

There is no way to see completed transactions, and the idea has been suggested before but I highly doubt we'll ever see it. I got the impression that the company viewed this as proprietary information that it will (or perhaps is already) utilizing as an asset. In other words its information that a company like Beckett will pay (or at least exchange services) to receive. If it were freely available to anyone, it would no longer be a company asset.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Is there anyway to see what cards have sold in the past? Like a completed search on ebay? If not it would be a suggestion I'd like to make to the COMC staff.
I don't think it's needed by sellers anyway. You already get the book value laid out for you, so what does it really matter? I think it would only further devalue cards if you ask me. Everyone is constantly trying to undercut everyone else. This would make it worse in my opinion.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I don't think it's needed by sellers anyway. You already get the book value laid out for you, so what does it really matter? I think it would only further devalue cards if you ask me. Everyone is constantly trying to undercut everyone else. This would make it worse in my opinion.
I wholeheartedly agree. Port sales and blowout sales to raise credit seem to be normal occurrences and would just lead to the numbers being skewed.

I do agree with the OP's desire to want to know what kind of cards are being sold to better guide what a seller would send in though. Maybe some kind of generic sales numbers would be appropriate. Like if I wanted to know how many Alex Rodriguez cards have sold in the last year/month/week/day I could click on the player name and those numbers would show up somewhere. Same could go for individual sets. No $ amounts from sales, just the raw quantities sold.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. Port sales and blowout sales to raise credit seem to be normal occurrences and would just lead to the numbers being skewed.

I do agree with the OP's desire to want to know what kind of cards are being sold to better guide what a seller would send in though. Maybe some kind of generic sales numbers would be appropriate. Like if I wanted to know how many Alex Rodriguez cards have sold in the last year/month/week/day I could click on the player name and those numbers would show up somewhere. Same could go for individual sets. No $ amounts from sales, just the raw quantities sold.
Maybe they could do like sportlots and list the last sold price and the average sold price and when the last card was sold or some variation of it. A full listing would only slow down the site and add more cost. I personally like the change Tim made by adding all the listings of a particular card when you are changing the price. I find it more important to know what is currently selling rather than what has sold. My hope when sending cards in is to be the only seller with that card.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post

I agree completely with this idea. That couldn't hurt in any way, but could definitely help.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #189 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Couldnt they just post a "whats hot" list sorta like they did in every issue of beckett awhile back? This would let everyone know what cards should be top priority when sending in while still keeping the selling prices private. Maybe just list like the top selling 25 players and top 25 selling sets?
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
For the record..Tim answered my questions directly and got the problems fixed. Thanks Tim!
What method did you use to get a hold of Tim? I haven't been able to contact him since March.
DFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #191 (permalink)

they do have a list of top sellers. it is in this blog post

Graded Cards & Lower Processing Fees CheckOutMyCards.com Blog
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Tim also replied to my concerns this week.

Sales are really picking up! I have had a lot of multiple card sales of players the last couple days.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #193 (permalink)

I have sold a lot of cards this week too. Looks like the cold weather is starting to have it's affect on sales.

mwheeler27's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com

Thank you to all that have purchased from me and for those that have just stopped by to look. I sincerely appreciate it.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
I have sold a lot of cards this week too. Looks like the cold weather is starting to have it's affect on sales.

mwheeler27's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com

Thank you to all that have purchased from me and for those that have just stopped by to look. I sincerely appreciate it.
Sick bunch of cardboard you have there. BV is close to the cost of my house. Unreal.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Sick bunch of cardboard you have there. BV is close to the cost of my house. Unreal.
Thanks! When I first started sending cards to COMC early this year, I think $25,000 in BV would have put me into the top 3. I didn't think I had a chance of getting there. Then as cards kept getting posted, and I kept finding more to send in, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see my BV climb so fast.

I have sold just under $18,000 in cash worth of cards so far, and honestly, I wasn't sure I'd ever get that much worth of cards listed on the site let alone sell that much. It's been fun.

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks! When I first started sending cards to COMC early this year, I think $25,000 in BV would have put me into the top 3. I didn't think I had a chance of getting there. Then as cards kept getting posted, and I kept finding more to send in, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see my BV climb so fast.

I have sold just under $18,000 in cash worth of cards so far, and honestly, I wasn't sure I'd ever get that much worth of cards listed on the site let alone sell that much. It's been fun.

Thanks for looking!
That's great. Last week I sent in my first batch of about 550 cards. I can't wait for them to get processed and posted to the site.

I've been buying and selling on ebay since 01'. After crunching the numbers and weighing all the time I spent scanning and packing cards up to ship. COMC clearly seems be a better choice.

I can see there is plenty of traffic on the site. I put an extra $50 in my account above what I needed to get my first batch processed, and made a few buys last week with the intent to flip them. I've been lucky enough to make around $30 the last few days on what I've bought and sold... Thanks to Miles Austin and Knowshon.

Check ya later ebay.... This cats making the jump.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Tim also replied to my concerns this week.

Sales are really picking up! I have had a lot of multiple card sales of players the last couple days.
How did you get a hold of him?
DFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #198 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That's great. Last week I sent in my first batch of about 550 cards. I can't wait for them to get processed and posted to the site.

I've been buying and selling on ebay since 01'. After crunching the numbers and weighing all the time I spent scanning and packing cards up to ship. COMC clearly seems be a better choice.

I can see there is plenty of traffic on the site. I put an extra $50 in my account above what I needed to get my first batch processed, and made a few buys last week with the intent to flip them. I've been lucky enough to make around $30 the last few days on what I've bought and sold... Thanks to Miles Austin and Knowshon.

Check ya later ebay.... This cats making the jump.
your story on ebay is similiar to mine, over 9,000 in cash in a year and with a slow start on comc. never a card sent except for boxes to comc., i used to spend 8 hours a day shipping and packing and collecting too, now zero for ebay, full time sellers on ebay are just slaves or employees without health care.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #199 (permalink)

I wish COMC had more buyers, some stuff takes a while to move.

Otherwise, I just dropped my prices a bunch, everything 80%+ off, someone buy my port!
anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
I wish COMC had more buyers, some stuff takes a while to move.
Ebay wishes they had more buyers too.

Doesn't COMC have like 9,000 buyers already? I think they are growing quickly enough. If they grow too quickly, a disaster could strike. Slow and steady wins the race.