Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #1976 (permalink)

I wonder if the 25 cents per card would trigger a 49.99 listing to be more than $50. Perhaps the new price to avoid that is 49.74

Rich
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #1977 (permalink)

When I click on my name the scroll down bar is showing up on the left hand side of the screen. Using IE7.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #1978 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcrules View Post
When I click on my name the scroll down bar is showing up on the left hand side of the screen. Using IE7.
Good Lord man. You may want to look into updating your browser. I'm pretty sure that one came out right around the time John Lennon was shot.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #1979 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
Good Lord man. You may want to look into updating your browser. I'm pretty sure that one came out right around the time John Lennon was shot.
Its what I have to use at work. One of the progams we still use is unable to work with higher upgrades.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #1980 (permalink)

Quote:
Its what I have to use at work. One of the progams we still use is unable to work with higher upgrades.
I hope the place you work at enjoys being hacked, among other things. I know it's not generally under your control, but it's just asking for trouble and likely the cause of a lot of problems with many websites, not just comc.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:03 AM   #1981 (permalink)

Quote:
I have the same problem ---- at home COMC is great. at work not so much
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #1982 (permalink)

Does anyone else have prices in your inventory showing up drastically different than what shows up for buyers?

Card A:

Inventory Price: $5.75/$6.00

Listing Price: $2.00

Obviously the price showing for buyers is correct but as I am updating prices in my inventory I have to stop and double check when I see a price like the one above that I know is too high, and even more baffling as I did not set it that high. Anyone else notice this?
chelseafc11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #1983 (permalink)

Quote:
If you cannot easily upgrade IE7 to latest IE 10/11 due to internal system requirement, please download Goolgle Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as COMC officially suggested on the top of page. Generally you can always have multiple browsers in one operating system.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox would automatically upgrade to their latest version without you worry about it.
BTW, microsoft's website don't even support IE7 and IE8 anymore, as well as many other sites on internet.
Samjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #1984 (permalink)

In case anybody missed it, starting now through the end of Monday the 31st we'll pay you $1 Store Credit for every 1000 points earned in the COMC Challenge!

Introducing the COMC Challenge - COMC

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #1985 (permalink)
Banned

spent $1500+ and getting 500 cards off the site and delivered this month so far. now comc please get my submission up faster so i can sell and spend even more this month.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #1986 (permalink)

I am hoping that I do not have to go thru 80 pages of posts for this answer but...what would the submission fee be for a "police" or other team issued card they are a bit taller then the standard card but about the same width...thanks
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #1987 (permalink)

If they are oversized, they have to go through the Premium service right now. I believe they define what oversized is on their site, so maybe the police issues sneak through as regular cards. I've held off sending in all the MLB Chipz I have, because I do not want to pay $1 processing on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
I am hoping that I do not have to go thru 80 pages of posts for this answer but...what would the submission fee be for a "police" or other team issued card they are a bit taller then the standard card but about the same width...thanks

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #1988 (permalink)

Suggestion:

Remove the $.50 fee when you price card above $50
Or at least change the threshold to $100 instead of $50

85K Cards !!! Selling all my stuff in COMC, ANY OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Lots of High-end cards: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc
coolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #1989 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Question A Few COMC Questions from a potential new seller.

Hey guys, have been considering trying COMC for some of my cards and have looked at some things but still have questions especially since they have currently been doing that huge update.

1. It seems they charge .25 per card you send in as the process fee. So when I go to price it is .26 the lowest I can go in terms of turning a profit or does COMC take something from that?

2. Processing takes 2-8 weeks on the basic package, does it always take until the 8th week or can it be quicker? When I submit to BGS it always seems like they wait until that last business day to grade.

3. Any card under .75 doesn't get charges a storage fee? Is that forever is is it some kind of extended window? I believe I read the first 90 days for any card is free. - Also it says the 1 cent fee is charged on items listed for sale only, so if I don't price it they don't charge the storage fee or is there other optins besides selling?

4. Do they have times when processing is free/discounted, if so when's the next promo

I'm pretty sure that's it right now, may have more once my cards get processed but will browse to see if anything has changes or is the same, thanks.
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #1990 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Hey guys, have been considering trying COMC for some of my cards and have looked at some things but still have questions especially since they have currently been doing that huge update.

1. It seems they charge .25 per card you send in as the process fee. So when I go to price it is .26 the lowest I can go in terms of turning a profit or does COMC take something from that?
They take 20% if you cash out. But as far as COMC credit, yes, $0.26 would mean you made $0.01 on the sale. However, keep in mind you pay to ship the cards to them so depending on the batch size and how much shipping cost you, you're probably looking at at least a few cents per card in shipping costs. Also, most buyers will see the price as $0.51 since they have $0.25 tacked on for shipping in simplified shipping mode. Most flippers will still see $0.26 though, as they opt not to pay the $0.25 shipping up front.

Quote:
2. Processing takes 2-8 weeks on the basic package, does it always take until the 8th week or can it be quicker? When I submit to BGS it always seems like they wait until that last business day to grade.
Supposed to be quicker and they do it in bunches so almost certainly some of your cards will go up much quicker. Unfortunately, right now things are all f'd up with the catalog update/change so there's no telling at the moment.

Quote:
3. Any card under .75 doesn't get charges a storage fee? Is that forever is is it some kind of extended window? I believe I read the first 90 days for any card is free. - Also it says the 1 cent fee is charged on items listed for sale only, so if I don't price it they don't charge the storage fee or is there other optins besides selling?
Free forever (as long as the policy doesn't change). Correct on not-for-sale items. No fee.

Quote:
4. Do they have times when processing is free/discounted, if so when's the next promo
I think the $20 off for 1st time submissions is always going on. Otherwise usually around Nationals and Black Friday.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #1991 (permalink)

"They take 20% if you cash out. But as far as COMC credit, yes, $0.26 would mean you made $0.01 on the sale. However, keep in mind you pay to ship the cards to them so depending on the batch size and how much shipping cost you, you're probably looking at at least a few cents per card in shipping costs. Also, most buyers will see the price as $0.51 since they have $0.25 tacked on for shipping in simplified shipping mode. Most flippers will still see $0.26 though, as they opt not to pay the $0.25 shipping up front."

That's what I was wondering as well, that's .25 that goes to COMC then? What are the other options besides simplified shipping and is there a difference or is it just the flipper/reseller mode?

Thanks for all the answers.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #1992 (permalink)

COMC gets the shipping fee - they then offer the flat $3.00 to buyers in simplified mode. At least with me, they end up losing money on shipments - not sure about others.

Advanced mode is the other option, it is the "flipping" mode where you purchase cards without paying the .25 up front.

Quote:
That's what I was wondering as well, that's .25 that goes to COMC then? What are the other options besides simplified shipping and is there a difference or is it just the flipper/reseller mode?

Thanks for all the answers.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #1993 (permalink)

Thanks Swipe, guess I'm going to get my stuff together and send in a batch of about 2K cards to start, time to see what all the fuss is about
Old 04-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #1994 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks Swipe, guess I'm going to get my stuff together and send in a batch of about 2K cards to start, time to see what all the fuss is about
COMC is solid. I give them my backing (for what it is worth )
Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #1995 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
COMC is solid. I give them my backing (for what it is worth )
Yeah, been pondering it a while, especially now with that new break I'm doing, gonna have a lot more to sell lol.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #1996 (permalink)

I emailed them about the $20 first time seller credit I keep reading about here.

They repied back and said that promo ended in December of 2013 dohhhh oh well
arashY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #1997 (permalink)

New question.

I was wondering how soon does my seller account open so I can go into the advanced seller mode to shop for cards? I'm just finalizing what I'm sending in and will likely ship my first batch tomorrow if not Monday.

Just some cards I really want and will just buy them instead now if I'd have to wait the 4+ weeks for processing.

Also when I do go into reseller mode and grab cards or just have cards of my own that I want sent to me is the shipping charge the same as it is for buyers?

Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #1998 (permalink)

You can buy cards at any time - just need funds in the account to do so.

Shipping is .25 per card for any card that you did not buy in simplified mode. So, if I read your question correctly - you would get charged the .25 per card to have it shipped to you.

Quote:
New question.

I was wondering how soon does my seller account open so I can go into the advanced seller mode to shop for cards? I'm just finalizing what I'm sending in and will likely ship my first batch tomorrow if not Monday.

Just some cards I really want and will just buy them instead now if I'd have to wait the 4+ weeks for processing.

Also when I do go into reseller mode and grab cards or just have cards of my own that I want sent to me is the shipping charge the same as it is for buyers?

Thanks again.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #1999 (permalink)

Quote:
New question.

Thanks again.
If you're buying stuff to be shipped to you, you want it in simplified buying mode, which is what it is now for you. Just create an account and put some credit on the account and buy stuff up!

The other selling mode is really only if you want to flip cards, because it doesn't make you pay the $0.25 shipping and handling fee up front so you save that fee. But if you have the card shipped you then have to pay that $0.25.

So basically...buy 10 cards in simplified mode, when you ship you pay $3 shipping.

Buy 10 cards in advanced reseller mode, at first they're $2.50 cheaper which is cool but when you ship you'll pay $5.50 ($3 plus $2.50) to ship the cards. And even though it's the same money, some people get freaked out by all that money on the back end, so it's easier to just stay in simplified mode if you're buying stuff to ship to you and not resell on COMC.
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #2000 (permalink)

Regarding Sportkings, may COMC add print run?