Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #2026 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA0 View Post
I just had a submission completed, but in the e-mail it is stated that three cards are being returned. Any way I can find out which cards they are right now?
I have not been able to find this out on more than one return. Also, I have had items returned as damaged with no damage whatsoever, so I don't know what the damage criteria are.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #2027 (permalink)

Quote:
I just had a submission completed, but in the e-mail it is stated that three cards are being returned. Any way I can find out which cards they are right now?
I've run into this in the past, and customer service has been able to look up the transaction and let me know. Try giving them a call or an email tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
Also, I have had items returned as damaged with no damage whatsoever, so I don't know what the damage criteria are.
I've had this happen as well, and it's very frustrating. Given that customer service is apparently able to tell what items were rejected, and given that [at least in my case] they're able to identify the damage by looking at the notes in the transaction record, it'd be great if COMC would just put this information in the notification email. For example:

"3 items are being returned. They are:
2014 Topps #123 John Doe [damaged corner];
2014 Topps #234 John Doe [crease in center of card];
Unknown card [unable to identify]."
mschub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #2028 (permalink)
GA0

Thanks all for the information, I went ahead and sent an e-mail. Hopefully after the catalog gets worked out, they can work on other things like more detailed submission reports.
John Wall sucks, send me all his autos for $5 a piece
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #2029 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Just passed the $10,000 mark in sales last night with a 2014 Topps Gold Troy Tulowitzki card. Thanks guys!
How much have you paid in listing fees to get there? I'm guessing $7-8 K?

Just curious.
kberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #2030 (permalink)

Umm...not even close. Probably around $2,000-$2,500 in listing fees up to this point and including everything I have in inventory. Nearing $11K in sales now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kberlin View Post

Just curious.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #2031 (permalink)
XL5

This number doesn't seem to be changing:
2015 [???] [???] Baseball Cards - COMC Online Marketplace
Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #2032 (permalink)

Just went in with a calculator really quick - figure it to be right around $2,331 and some change.

My favorite stat is:

Cards Added - 8,703
Cards Purchases - 2,837
Cards Sold - 8,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by kberlin View Post

Just curious.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:48 AM   #2033 (permalink)

If someone makes an offer on a card, I can see their username.

If someone buys the card without an offer, is there a way that I can see their username?

This would help me recognize if I have repeat buyers. If I see someone who regularly buys a card outright decides to make an offer on a card, I'd recognize the username and could be a little more generous when they make an offer on a card.

Thanks!
arashY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #2034 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

How does one cheaply have their entire inventory shipped to them? Things have come to a complete halt in sales, I guess I just have junk or it's just not low enough for people to bite.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #2035 (permalink)

Contact COMC for a bulk shipping rate - I would recommend being patient and definitely lowering some prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
How does one cheaply have their entire inventory shipped to them? Things have come to a complete halt in sales, I guess I just have junk or it's just not low enough for people to bite.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #2036 (permalink)

Not that I am aware of - only the offers show the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashY View Post
If someone makes an offer on a card, I can see their username.

If someone buys the card without an offer, is there a way that I can see their username?

This would help me recognize if I have repeat buyers. If I see someone who regularly buys a card outright decides to make an offer on a card, I'd recognize the username and could be a little more generous when they make an offer on a card.

Thanks!

Old 07-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #2037 (permalink)

It might be interesting to have a separate auto-accept category for "profit margin" or something, so you could set your auto-accept rules to be, say, "80% of my asking price or 200% of my purchase price." In the short run it would really only be useful for flippers, but if in the long run COMC were to create a user-editable "purchase price" field, it could save sellers (and buyers) a fair amount of time.
mschub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #2038 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

Quote:
Contact COMC for a bulk shipping rate - I would recommend being patient and definitely lowering some prices.
I spoke to a gentleman named Steve at COMC and he was very helpful. Thank you for suggesting I contact them.

I could sense he was frustrated that people are having issues finding stuff and sales being down.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #2039 (permalink)
GA0

Couple questions regarding storage fees:

1. If you buy cards to flip, are they subjected to storage fees if they are still within the 90 day free storage period for the original owner?

2. Storage fees are collected at the start of next month for the preceding month I believe. Can I price my cards to .75 or under or set my cards as "Not For Sale" before the first of the month to avoid storage fees?

3. Is there some extra fee associated with cards that are priced at $50 or over? I keep seeing that somewhere and i'm not sure if i'm misinterpreting.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #2040 (permalink)

1. No storage fees until the card has been on site for 90 days. Even if you bought it from someone else.

2. I believe they do some kind of average regarding the calculation for if a card qualifies. Not sure if the NFS is a work around, but the storage fee is a penny per card. I've never paid more than $5.63 in total.

3. If you price a card for more than $49.99 - they charge .25 to go over the card and take another higher res scan of the card. It's a source of contention with a lot of people - many people (myself included) are not sending stuff in to list if it is over $49.99.

Quote:

1. If you buy cards to flip, are they subjected to storage fees if they are still within the 90 day free storage period for the original owner?

2. Storage fees are collected at the start of next month for the preceding month I believe. Can I price my cards to .75 or under or set my cards as "Not For Sale" before the first of the month to avoid storage fees?

3. Is there some extra fee associated with cards that are priced at $50 or over? I keep seeing that somewhere and i'm not sure if i'm misinterpreting.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #2041 (permalink)

YES. If you buy a card 1 second before midnight on the 31st and price it at 76 cents, you will pay 1 cent storage fee for that card. Only the person who originally processed the card gets the 90 day free thresh hold.

YES. The storage fees are counted at midnight on the first day of the month. All other times are irrelevant.

YES. It is a one-time fee, assessed to the person who first priced the item above $50. So, if you buy an item for $51 and reprice it at $100, you won't pay the fee. If you buy an item for $25 and reprice it for $51, you will pay the fee.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #2042 (permalink)

Quote:
1. No storage fees until the card has been on site for 90 days. Even if you bought it from someone else.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that if you buy a card and keep it on site that it is immediately subject to storage fees.

Quote:
2. I believe they do some kind of average regarding the calculation for if a card qualifies. Not sure if the NFS is a work around, but the storage fee is a penny per card. I've never paid more than $5.63 in total.
Man I wish, I paid over $80 last month. I have just recently had to upgrade my account for $50 per month which I think is bs. All of my cards are the lowest or close to it and I shouldn't have to pay further fees on them. I get why storage fees are needed for people like JHS but if someone is 75% of SRP or less than they shouldn't be charged storage fees. It is stupid on COMC's part. They are penalizing the better and more valuable cards.

Quote:
3. If you price a card for more than $49.99 - they charge .25 to go over the card and take another higher res scan of the card. It's a source of contention with a lot of people - many people (myself included) are not sending stuff in to list if it is over $49.99.
The upgrade charge is .50 per card, not .25. This too is bs and is penalizing people that submit better quality cards.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #2043 (permalink)

If you want to calculate your storage fees quickly:

* Go to "My Dashboard", "Inventory Manager".

* Under "Show Items" select "Subject to Storage Fees".

* Count the number of pages and multiply by the number of items on the page.

You can also use this to quickly reduce a bunch of prices below the free storage thresh hold. Sort by "lowest price" and then consider if you really want to pay storage on all those 76 cent items.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #2044 (permalink)

not sure anyone from COMC reads this thread.....but if so.... Please do not mandate how much we can price our cards for now that we have this SRP I'm not allowed to price some cards at eight or nine cents and some cards I can. The cards aren't worth much and apparently other people agree that's why they don't sell 12 cents....
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #2045 (permalink)
GA0

Thanks for all the quick responses guys, kinda wished that the 90 days free storage remained with the cards through transactions, but no biggie. And thanks COMD for the tip, it looks like I have $1.30 due, which isn't too bad for my port size (About 500 cards).

As an offshoot of the upcharge question for $50+ items (which i'm not a fan of either), this doesn't apply for premium items, correct? I had some PC items shipped from eBay to COMC since I couldn't receive mail at the time (out of the country). I listed one for $80 (or twice of what I paid for) with no real intention to sell, but to take advantage of the free listing storage. Also, I was hoping that someone could bite so I could just rebuy the item and gain some extra money. I checked my credit history, and I didn't see a .50 upcharge associated with premium processing charge.

I just want to make sure, as I still want to send higher dollar cards in, but I might have to limit it to purchases directly from ebay.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #2046 (permalink)

I do stand corrected on number one. Here is the link for it.

Relisting Fees - COMC Online Marketplace

Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #2047 (permalink)
k13

Is blowout credit 20%?

I thought it used to be less like 16%??
k13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #2048 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13 View Post
Is blowout credit 20%?

I thought it used to be less like 16%??
It depends on how large of a GC you get. It should never be 20% or more as that is the "cash-out" rate. I don't have the exact link in front of me, but I believe it's $290 store credit for a $250 BO GC (13.8%).

Last edited by Chaddie84; 08-05-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #2049 (permalink)
k13

Yeah but a $100 is $120.....
k13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #2050 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13 View Post
Yeah but a $100 is $120.....
That would be 16.67% which still beats the 20% cashout. Granted its really only $4...
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote