Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How are your COMC Sales on Amazon?

I was thinking just how few cards I have sold on Amazon through COMC in the past month. Out of the 193 cards that I have sold in the past month, just 4 of them were via Amazon totaling $14.97.

Does this match your experience? Maybe vintage is even slower on Amazon.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default amazon

Looking at my sales this month, 29 of my 314 sales were from amazon. So, a little less than 10%. Before I looked it up, I would have guessed under 5%.

Not a ton of action, but considering we only pay a fee for the service on the sales, I appreciated any sales it brings.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

It tends to go in spurts with me. I can go several days without selling any, and then I will sell several within a day or two. As Jeff has already said though, any sale is appreciated since there is no fee to use it if nothing sells. Just think of them as bonus sales.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

31 total sales here for September, 4 from amazon for just under $60. I posted somewhere else that it does go in spurts and sometimes I'm shocked what sells there. I've been happy w/the extra sales/exposure even if it averages only a few a month. It saves me from listing things on there and trying to keep inventory up to date and shipping - and paying some of the fees that amazon charges. COMC gets a nice discount it appears.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for everybody's feedback. I am appreciative of any extra sales that Amazon can bring my account. I was surprised my numbers were as low as they were.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I sold 221 cards on Amazon in September, out of 1,664 total on COMC, which is about 13% of the total number of cards. The average selling price of a card sold through Amazon was 163% higher than the average selling price of a card sold on COMC, so Amazon was about 29% of my COMC sales.

In my experience, the cards that typically sell on Amazon through COMC are much different than the cards that sell on COMC. There is a much heavier emphasis on non-sports, gaming, movie, tv, celebrity, superhero, rock n roll, pop culture type stuff. There is much less emphasis on condition. The types of cards that tend to sell on Amazon used to just sit gathering dust on COMC before they started cross-posting to Amazon, and most of them wouldn't be worth submitting to COMC, except with the expectation that they might sell on Amazon.

My impression is that many of the Amazon customers have never set foot in a card shop and that a lot of them might have not even been looking for cards at all. They might have purchased a 1955 card as a birthday present for somebody born in the year 1955. Or they might have been doing an internet search for Superman, and stumbled upon a trading card with Superman on it.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

I sell about 5-10% of my monthly sales through Amazon, but as posted earlier the prices are after the 20%, but is worth the extra exposure and cards.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

This should sum up the exposure Amazon provides.

Sold two cards through Amazon today. One of Richard Petty's car. One of Marta.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Amazon is strange. I've gone weeks without making sales and then do really well in stretches. About a quarter of the money I earned last month was through Amazon, possibly the best month I've ever had on Amazon, though I haven't been really tallying this. This is after having done rather poorly, probably somewhere south of the 5% range, the previous month.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it, Amazon sales are really random.
hundley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I was thinking just how few cards I have sold on Amazon through COMC in the past month. Out of the 193 cards that I have sold in the past month, just 4 of them were via Amazon totaling $14.97.

Does this match your experience? Maybe vintage is even slower on Amazon.
Yes that is about my experience as well. But who really thought people would buy cards on Amazon?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

Last month I averaged just over 6 cards a day on amazon. As others have stated they tend to be of the non sport variety. It would be nice if COMC changed the offers page back to the original set up listing 50 offers per page and allowing you to organize by the buyers and sellers again, they made what was a two minute job take 10 minutes.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

It would be nice if COMC changed the offers page back to the original set up listing 50 offers per page and allowing you to organize by the buyers and sellers again, they made what was a two minute job take 10 minutes.

I agree with that 100%. I wish they would go even farther, and let you see your trading history with a particular person. Like when an offer comes in, you could see that the person making the offer had purchased 50 cards from you in the past, or that you've purchased 50 cards from them. I'd love to run specials from time to time where I give sweetheart deals to frequent customers. Right now, I don't even know who my frequent customers are. If someone purchased 1,000 cards from me at full asking price, I don't even have a way to know who that person is.

I think they took away the ability to sort offers by other user when there was the big dust-up over giving strikes for rejected offers. You could sort your offer list and see that a particular buyer had made, say, 150 lowball offers and that none of them were accepted.

Even then it was like pulling teeth to get the information. The sort list doesn't have a "go to x page" feature, and the only way to do it was to sort by customer name and scroll page by page until you hit the letter "T" ERRR, I mean the letter that you're looking for.

As it is, I have an Offer History that's over 1,000 pages long, which contains almost no useful information. I can't even see the original asking price of the cards in the offer, which to me is the whole point of an Offer History. I want to see which dealers tend to accept 50% offers, which tend to accept 20% offers, which tend to reject all offers, etc.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

what I'd like, that I have never seen brought up before is the watch list, its all fine and dandy, but maybe something to show who the seller is before it changes hands (for offer reasons) or notification of pricing changes or if it is sold out. I use different computers all day/week and don't put things in my cart since it doesn't carry over, I use the watch list to "hold" cards, but then I forget who has what offers enabled, etc. I dont know how many people use or even remember the watch list, but if it was more like the ebay one it would be much better to just have a little extra information to go with it.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

I put my inventory on the Amazon platform on 10/7/2012 (as a result of reading this thread) and 25 of my 59 sales so far this month have come from Amazon. Most of my sales have been vintage stars/hofers and Ken Griffey Jr. inserts, but I have sold a few oddball items as well. I think Amazon sales will start to ramp up even more as the holidays approach.
vintagegem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

For October so far 104 of 422 cards sold have been on Amazon.
cocoscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

My update for October (and a little bit of November)

Cards Sold : 17 (10.6% of cards sold)
Sale Price : $93.73 (12.9% of value of cards sold)

A much better month for me. I am excited to see what Black Friday and the Christmas Shopping Season bring on Amazon.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Just wondering how they list the cards on amazon? Is it just like any other listing you search? Can someone post or let me search one of their cards to see what it looks like. COMC does the shipping? I see some cards and available from these sellers, is this where we would be?
bmlocal175 is offline   Reply With Quote