Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Question about leaving feedback for a bad transaction on ebay

I won this card on July 26th.

1996 96 Marvel Masterpieces Double Impact Storm Mint!! - eBay (item 120450813037 end time Jul-26-09 17:55:09 PDT)

I usually wait ten days to two weeks for a card to arrive and then I will contact the seller. I contacted the seller and got no response. A few days after I tried to contact the seller I got an e-mail that a shipping label was printed. We are now about 18 days after the auction ended. I wait around 4 or 5 more days and still no card. I open a claim through Paypal and still no communication from the seller. A few days after I open the claim he replies to the claim with a tracking number. He mailed the card out after the claim and I just got it yesterday.

This guy has had all positive feedback except for the last one being neutral saying that the shipping was slow. I was planning on leaving neutral feedback with very bad DSR numbers since I did eventually get the card.

Just checking on the opinions of the board.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would simply show exactly how you feel about the transaction. If you think you had a negative experience, then a negative is warranted. If you are happy that you received the card and are sort of neutral about the whole thing, then a neutral is appropriate. Then do the same thing with the 4 DSRs.

This is exactly how I give out feedback. It matters not to me what their feedback is at the time. It doesn't matter if they have a zero rating or 20,000 rating. Nothing should weigh on your decision about this transaction other than the transaction itself.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Either way the guy will be fuming. Most people know that anything under a 5 star rating pretty much sucks. If you feel slighted? note it.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post

Just checking on the opinions of the board.

I do not see an issue with your approach. Had the seller had some open & honest communication during the process I would say let the delay go but that does not seem to be the case.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Here's one for you:

I just received a package today that had "postage due" on it for 27 cents. I had to pay 27 cents to receive it. I paid $3.00 in postage fees upfront when I paid for the Ebay item. The seller only paid 61 cents in postage!

I just finished writing the seller and told him that I would leave positive feedback this time, but if he continues this method of shipping packages and making buyers pay postage twice, he's going to get a lot of negatives and his DSRs are really going to suffer. His shipping DSR will get dinged a little today, but at least he won't be getting a negative.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just as an update I left a neutral feedback since I did get the card but dinged his DSR on communication since we never had any and on shipping time since it took a month.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

I got my feedback back from the guy. I guess here is one reason that it is good that he can not leave me anything besides a positive:

Only leaving + fdback to warn others that ifish communicates poorly + bad attitu Seller: doomgoat ( 489) Aug-31-09 13:37
-- (#120450813037) -- View Item

I sent him a message:

Please let me know how I had a bad attitude towards this transaction? You took one month to get me the card. I paid right away. Waited two weeks with no card. Got an e-mail that you made a shipping label after I asked where the card was. Waited again and still no card. Had to open a paypal dispute which you never actually commented on. This finally forced you to send me my card. And by looking at some of your current feedback I am not the only one.

I wonder if I will ever get a response.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

I think now the DSR's mean more to sellers than negative feedback. It's the DSR's that allow mean to get the 15% discount on the fees, not the feedback.
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote