Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
One thing that also I'm not to fond of is, like Freeman said, he makes values up like anything

KARL MALONE 1/1 $1500+ JAZZ AUTO HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL LEAF SIGNATURE ON CARD 1/1 | eBay

$1500? There is no BV on this card, its a 1/1.
Where does it say 'book value'? I can put any value on my auction title. Not sure how that helps someone find it in a search, but there is nothing wrong with it.

I own cards that the market says are $10, but I wouldn't sell for under $100.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmitt22mvp View Post
he buys at alot at the shows i set up at in ohio,(spends good money also) but he is shady trust me,if u guys remember the old ebay id wolverine24 its the same guy!!!!!!
This is not true.
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
he buys at alot at the shows i set up at in ohio,(spends good money also) but he is shady trust me,if u guys remember the old ebay id wolverine24 its the same guy!!!!!!
No sorry man Terry is not wolverine24 lol
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycardshows.com View Post
This is not true.
Correct. This false statement has been refuted several times.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
just alot of shill bidding,which means he probably has multiple accounts and has friends always bidding on his auctions to jack the price sky high.
Much Agreed here with my friend Scott. Big Boyd is An A Plus Turd- oops!

The best two words to describe this hobby. " CardBoard Crack"
Gore21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #31 (permalink)

In addition to the shill bidding,he also frequently "ends up" with a lot of backdoored and questionable stuff.

Amazingly, he "ended up" with a very large percentage of the print run of last years Leaf Purple Refractor autograph prospect cards, of every player. I'm sure he just got really lucky and pulled them all, though.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #32 (permalink)

He is a great guy. He always puts the value in his listings to help me out. When I pay $25 for a card than normally sells for $10, I take solace in knowing the card is really worth $300.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
In addition to the shill bidding,he also frequently "ends up" with a lot of backdoored and questionable stuff.

Amazingly, he "ended up" with a very large percentage of the print run of last years Leaf Purple Refractor autograph prospect cards, of every player. I'm sure he just got really lucky and pulled them all, though.
Dude I'm going to be honest with you, I personally can not see Brian Gray dumping singles to him. Possibly distributors FS but not a dealer. People always discuss " Back Dooring" but that's a pretty serious and damaging remark.. With out proof, I would edit your post... Also one must remember these are privately owned companies if the are : Back dooring: nothing you can do on it, however topps would be a different situation as they are a NYSE traded company.

The best two words to describe this hobby. " CardBoard Crack"
Gore21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

BigBoyd is a great seller, if you want someone to list an item for you and you get the maximum profit from it!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1909

He most likely did not want you coming due to the insane amount of high end items and consignments there.Could have been an insurance thing. I wouldnt care if someone picked there stuff up from me because they would just be coming to my shop lol
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i live about 20 mins away and offered to just swing by and pick up the card I won at auction and he declined
Like Boyd I have a wife and children and I wouldnt want someone from the Internet coming to my house for a $10 transaction. Im not sure why you would even mention something like that.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
BigBoyd is a great seller, if you want someone to list an item for you and you get the maximum profit from it!
Which is why I sell him alot of singles. He has huge visibility on eBay and can pay higher for items than the regular seller. I know you were attempting to go elsewhere with your comment but it is quite convenient dealing with him. Id MUCH rather take my singles and meet him for cash than dealing with the eBay hassle of returns, false claims of non-receipt etc etc etc etc etc etc
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

I have no idea if he does shill or not nor do I care as I dont do business with him. I think the thing that most people find strange about him is that he has numerous buyers who have a 95% or higher activity rate with just him. I have yet to meet a buyer on ebay who only buys from one person. Yet he has a bunch of people like this. I am not saying it could not happen, but the odds of it happening are astronomical.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Which is why I sell him alot of singles. He has huge visibility on eBay and can pay higher for items than the regular seller. I know you were attempting to go elsewhere with your comment but it is quite convenient dealing with him. Id MUCH rather take my singles and meet him for cash than dealing with the eBay hassle of returns, false claims of non-receipt etc etc etc etc etc etc

I was being serious. He has a lot of followers, and can offer a nice chunk of change on items.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I have no idea if he does shill or not nor do I care as I dont do business with him. I think the thing that most people find strange about him is that he has numerous buyers who have a 95% or higher activity rate with just him. I have yet to meet a buyer on ebay who only buys from one person. Yet he has a bunch of people like this. I am not saying it could not happen, but the odds of it happening are astronomical.
That is my biggest question, and only now. I always preach this, why would someone pay more for an item when they just need to go back a page, see a lower price and buy it? That's the only thing I don't get. It's not like something where you have to drive farther to get the good deal, all is done in a matter of seconds.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Here is swagcards his number 1 buyer. Now please explain to me how this guy runs a business by buying 100% of his cards on ebay from bigboyd. And everyone says they don't work together or anything along those lines. Sure. Swag only sells on comc and bigboyd only sells on ebay. Just because they have seperate tables at a show doesn't mean anything. Last time I checked best buy doesn't buy all their inventory from Comp usa. I will leave it at that,

Swagcards-bigboyds 100% buyer
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Like Boyd I have a wife and children and I wouldnt want someone from the Internet coming to my house for a $10 transaction. Im not sure why you would even mention something like that.
way to not read my later post on the subject.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore21 View Post
Dude I'm going to be honest with you, I personally can not see Brian Gray dumping singles to him. Possibly distributors FS but not a dealer. People always discuss " Back Dooring" but that's a pretty serious and damaging remark.. With out proof, I would edit your post... Also one must remember these are privately owned companies if the are : Back dooring: nothing you can do on it, however topps would be a different situation as they are a NYSE traded company.
I will not edit the post and stand by everything that was said. You clearly do not follow the baseball market...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Here is swagcards his number 1 buyer. Now please explain to me how this guy runs a business by buying 100% of his cards on ebay from bigboyd. And everyone says they don't work together or anything along those lines. Sure. Swag only sells on comc and bigboyd only sells on ebay. Just because they have seperate tables at a show doesn't mean anything. Last time I checked best buy doesn't buy all their inventory from Comp usa. I will leave it at that,

Swagcards-bigboyds 100% buyer
Swag cards looks like he is about to urinate himself in this video.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
way to not read my later post on the subject.
I guess I should have ignored your first one even though you felt it was relevant enough to type it? Heck his shipping costs are cheaper than driving 20-minutes. Notice Im not the only one in the thread who responded to that specific post of yours. Shows you what people pay attention to.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess I should have ignored your first one even though you felt it was relevant enough to type it? Heck his shipping costs are cheaper than driving 20-minutes. Notice Im not the only one in the thread who responded to that specific post of yours. Shows you what people pay attention to.
relevant to big boyd. yes. which is the title of the thread.

sheesh, go nitpick somebody else. i hear iMac is good for that.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar3504 View Post
He is a great guy. He always puts the value in his listings to help me out. When I pay $25 for a card than normally sells for $10, I take solace in knowing the card is really worth $300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Absolutely hilarious!

Quote:
relevant to big boyd. yes. which is the title of the thread.

sheesh, go nitpick somebody else. i hear iMac is good for that.
Having a conversation with Cruiser is an absolute impossibility, seriously, it is. He made it clear to me that I was in the wrong for having the means to spend the thousands of dollars to adopt a child that would have otherwise been dead, that I was literally ripping my son away from his drug addicted, negligent, good-for-nothing birth parents.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #48 (permalink)

Can bb3 just get a section on the boards -instead of a thread here and there

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #49 (permalink)

More evidence that Bigboyd is a Shiller.
eBay.com Item Bid History

DREW BREES 2001 TITANIUM $400 LOGO PATCH ADIDAS ROOKIE PRIVATE STOCK MINT /75 | eBay

I'm sure he will come up with some excuse but he makes it so obvious...
Bio: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/get-know-your-group-break-hosts/730763-pejarox7620.html
Pejarox7620 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

yet another
eBay.com Item Bid History

DREW BREES 2001 SP AUTHENTIC $2000 NFL LOGO SHIELD REAL ROOKIE PATCH RC /800 | eBay

100% bidding with the winner.
Bio: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/get-know-your-group-break-hosts/730763-pejarox7620.html
Pejarox7620 is online now   Reply With Quote