Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bigboyd?

I've been seeing this name on the boards more frequently. I'm assuming your talking ebay seller bigboydsportscards? I have boughten many things from this seller and never had a problem. Is there something that I should know?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Subscribed...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Subscribed...
just alot of shill bidding,which means he probably has multiple accounts and has friends always bidding on his auctions to jack the price sky high.
emmitt22mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

People hate him because he shill bids his auctions and people just think his business practices are shady in general.

People also defend him because he always sends quickly and you know you’re getting what you paid for (even if you paid to much)

That’s about the summary of it - for me at least - I've never read the entire threads before.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah just google his name if you're curious. You'll find plenty of info.

High volume seller, has a lot of made up values for his cards, and more often than not, his cards will sell for more than similar cards not sold by him.

He'll appear every once in a while denying the allegations, others will defend him. There's never been solid proof one way or the other.

But these allegations have stuck with him for years so take it for what you want. If you enjoy buying from him, then nothing to worry about.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

The threads about him usually get really long and pointless to an extent, and he comes in here to defend himself that he doesn't shill bid (when there seems to be pretty obvious evidence that he does).
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
The threads about him usually get really long and pointless to an extent, and he comes in here to defend himself that he doesn't shill bid (when there seems to be pretty obvious evidence that he does).
Oh I never knew there was evidence. I wanna see, share plz.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
I didn't mean like its right there, but if you look at his auctions that go for crazy high prices, and see the bid activity, they're pretty obviously shilled.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
People hate him because he shill bids his auctions and people just think his business practices are shady in general.

People also defend him because he always sends quickly and you know youíre getting what you paid for (even if you paid to much)
Thatís about the summary of it - for me at least - I've never read the entire threads before.
See all the times for the bolded above, it has taken atleast a week to get my items, and I live in WI and he's in OH
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
Just Google his name. It's been discussed and dissected on every card forum across the internet.

He does major volume so he uses that as his reasoning why it appears shill bidding is taking place.

There are quite a few 60-70 % bids with him, maybe higher and the fact that his cards always wind up selling more than others.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

One thing that also I'm not to fond of is, like Freeman said, he makes values up like anything

KARL MALONE 1/1 $1500+ JAZZ AUTO HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL LEAF SIGNATURE ON CARD 1/1 | eBay

$1500? There is no BV on this card, its a 1/1.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Never have had any problems buying from Boyd.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyftblstar54 View Post
See all the times for the bolded above, it has taken atleast a week to get my items, and I live in WI and he's in OH
i live about 20 mins away and offered to just swing by and pick up the card I won at auction and he declined

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

People also defend him because he always sends quickly and you know youíre getting what you paid for (even if you paid to much)

Thatís about the summary of it - for me at least - I've never read the entire threads before.
I have bought from him a couple of times and in those instances it always took at least 10 days to get to me. That's not fast in my opinion. Although, the sheer volume of auctions he has going at any given time could delay shipping.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i live about 20 mins away and offered to just swing by and pick up the card I won at auction and he declined
Maybe because you would discover his team of shill bidders. I imagine a room of computers with shillers working on them. LOL
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I have bought from him a couple of times and in those instances it always took at least 10 days to get to me. That's not fast in my opinion. Although, the sheer volume of auctions he has going at any given time could delay shipping.
You are right - I wouldn't consider it "fast" either - but I suppose I have an expectation of around 3-5 days on here and like 7-10 days on eBay just because eBay is notoriously slower.

I don't usually get into the Boyd discussions - but I can say I've bought a few things from him, and even if it was a tad slow, I at least knew I was getting my item, that I wasn't worried about - so that's at least a good thing when buying.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyftblstar54 View Post
I've been seeing this name on the boards more frequently. I'm assuming your talking ebay seller bigboydsportscards? I have boughten many things from this seller and never had a problem. Is there something that I should know?
what does this mean?
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
You are right - I wouldn't consider it "fast" either - but I suppose I have an expectation of around 3-5 days on here and like 7-10 days on eBay just because eBay is notoriously slower.

I don't usually get into the Boyd discussions - but I can say I've bought a few things from him, and even if it was a tad slow, I at least knew I was getting my item, that I wasn't worried about - so that's at least a good thing when buying.
I agree with you on the last point. If one is an informed consumer, then they know what they are getting. I always expect to pay more for Boyd auctions, not because of the "schilling" but because of his high visibility on Ebay. He has always delivered the item as described to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioU View Post
Maybe because you would discover his team of shill bidders. I imagine a room of computers with shillers working on them. LOL
haha. nah, it was probably more along the lines of him not wanting to give out his address to a random that could at any time share it or break in and take all of his stuff I guess.

either I'm more trusting, or I just don't have a lot of money's worth of cards around because I'll let anybody swing by my place if they want

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
creepy I would not want some strange ebayer coming by either lol. I have a wife and 2 girls who the frack knows now a days.

edit
Quote:
haha. nah, it was probably more along the lines of him not wanting to give out his address to a random that could at any time
I was posting just as you were. I agree with this

Last edited by wheeler281; 10-03-2012 at 12:51 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
haha. nah, it was probably more along the lines of him not wanting to give out his address to a random that could at any time share it or break in and take all of his stuff I guess.

either I'm more trusting, or I just don't have a lot of money's worth of cards around because I'll let anybody swing by my place if they want
I just wanted to start the outlandish claims that always pop up in these threads.

PM me your info and I'll send over some Kuechly stuff I have.
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
creepy I would not want some strange ebayer coming by either lol. I have a wife and 2 girls who the frack knows now a days.

edit

I was posting just as you were. I agree with this
yeah I didn't think it was weird or anything that he didn't want me over. just would have been convenient at the time to save on shipping.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

he buys at alot at the shows i set up at in ohio,(spends good money also) but he is shady trust me,if u guys remember the old ebay id wolverine24 its the same guy!!!!!!
emmitt22mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmitt22mvp View Post
just alot of shill bidding,which means he probably has multiple accounts and has friends always bidding on his auctions to jack the price sky high.
And this causes my 100s and 100s of purchases from him to come in below the going rate? hmmm

Goose chase?

Threads like this CREATED and CONTINUE the problem.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmitt22mvp View Post
he buys at alot at the shows i set up at in ohio,(spends good money also) but he is shady trust me,if u guys remember the old ebay id wolverine24 its the same guy!!!!!!
Oh, he was wolverine24? Didn't know that.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote