Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

And I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to save your time. Google eBay stealth, there is a forum with some crazy stories. If you post your story, these guys would say, "No duh you were banned."
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Weren't the constant string of Under 5 DSR's enough to grab your attention? You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
My point is I dont see this as a reasonable course of action. I also dont understand how no one on eBay's side had any real information, nor were really willing to help.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
4.56 is horrible. Again, I was banned for a 4.8. You need to realize that a 4.56 is real bad on eBay, it is unacceptable. You keep skipping the part they don't care about negatives, who cares about the no issues. No one will see this, you need a kick in the butt and face reality, you will never be able to sell on this account again, just face the facts.
Just curious,

How hard did you push once this happened to your account? Also did they say that they would be reviewing your entire history? I'm just curious if this is the usual or if this was unique for me.

You're very stern in your beliefs that my account is finished, but the phone call I had with eBay today made it seem like there maybe a small sign of hope for my account.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Just curious,

How hard did you push once this happened to your account? Also did they say that they would be reviewing your entire history? I'm just curious if this is the usual or if this was unique for me.

You're very stern in your beliefs that my account is finished, but the phone call I had with eBay today made it seem like there maybe a small sign of hope for my account.
I called every day for two weeks. Said I have improved, without this I will go homeless, made some BS up. Yes they reviewed my history, yes they said we will look into it. My hopes were raised, then crushed. Just trying to stop you from feeling the same thing.

I am stern because I have never heard of someone having their account reinstated after a restriction. Why would they be hope for your account yet accounts with good DSR's were banned? Again, go to the eBay stealth forum. They will laugh at you if you share your story.

Look, your numbers basically are 90% good, 10% bad for shipping. Basically the same as 10 negative feedbacks out of 100, because 10 out of 100 people were not satisfied with the shipping time. You think 10 negatives here out of 100 would be good? No.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I called every day for two weeks. Said I have improved, without this I will go homeless, made some BS up. Yes they reviewed my history, yes they said we will look into it.

I am stern because I have never heard of someone having their account reinstated after a restriction. Why would they be hope for your account yet accounts with good DSR's were banned? Again, go to the eBay stealth forum. They will laugh at you if you share your story.

Look, your numbers basically are 90% good, 10% bad for shipping. Basically the same as 10 negative feedbacks out of 100, because 10 out of 100 people were not satisfied with the shipping time. You think 10 negatives here out of 100 would be good? No.
I see your point.

Still perhaps I am a bit naive but I am going to wait until next week when I get in contact again with them to see what the outcome is. At that point I can re-evaluate what to do next (stealth & such).

There is a good chance I will be slowly making my way out of the hobby anyway. Grad school applications are coming soon and the time & money spent on cards really isnt fitting into my life at this time.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I see your point.

Still perhaps I am a bit naive but I am going to wait until next week when I get in contact again with them to see what the outcome is. At that point I can re-evaluate what to do next (stealth & such).

There is a good chance I will be slowly making my way out of the hobby anyway. Grad school applications are coming soon and the time & money spent on cards really isnt fitting into my life at this time.
That's the word I was trying to say, naive. You are being naive haha, you just refuse to believe this is possible, it is. eBay doesn't care about anything except what they feel is right. Sucks but them the rules.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
That's the word I was trying to say, naive. You are being naive haha, you just refuse to believe this is possible, it is. eBay doesn't care about anything except what they feel is right. Sucks but them the rules.
You & I will be in contact over the next few days. I'll either tell you that you're right and they said suck it, or that I was right to push it.

Regardless I'm not too sure on the whole stealth thing. I may just give all my stuff to someone to sell on consignment and be done with it all.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

I'm sorry this happened to you and I agree that many of their policies are idiotic. A 4.56 DSR could be the result of 56% of your customers rating you as "satisfied" and the rest of them rating you as "very satisfied".

I think it would be good for you to try to figure out why you want to sell on eBay at all. What are you trying to accomplish? Can you accomplish that with a different venue? As others have stated, if shipping in a timely manner is a problem for you, then COMC might be a better fit.

If you do figure out a way to sell on eBay (this particular account is cursed, and, unless you are using another ISP and bank account and email address and street address and possibly user name, any other account you attempt to sell on might also be shut down), then you you need to figure out how to make it work. Schedule 2 or 3 days per week as "shipping days", so that it never takes more than 2 or 3 weekdays for you to ship anything.

If that just doesn't fit into your schedule, then you should seriously rethink selling on eBay at this time. They've changed drastically in the last few years. I was a powerseller over there for 12 years, but I haven't sold anything at all on the site in about a year and a half. You don't need eBay anymore to run a successful internet business. But if you are going to be on eBay these days, you have to really commit to it, and comply with all their stupid new policies.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You & I will be in contact over the next few days. I'll either tell you that you're right and they said suck it, or that I was right to push it.

Regardless I'm not too sure on the whole stealth thing. I may just give all my stuff to someone to sell on consignment and be done with it all.
Stealth isn't wrong, it isn't illegal haha, many do it. Cosignment is a quick way but do you really wanna take a 25%+loss on your cards? Just do quick sales here or something.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #35 (permalink)

I agree with the OP that based on the details he has given that a suspention seems a bit overboard, harsh if you will. However, as a self admitted notoriously poor (read: slow) shipper, this should have not come as such a supprise to someone who has been on eBay for over a decade. They are overly biased towards buyers, and people that show a trend of being less that 5 star sellers routinely get the 'smack down'. Hopefully this will be used as a lesson not only to the op but to all. eBay hold all sellers to high standards and if you know you can not adhere to these standards then perhaps eBay is not for you...
matfanofold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

Yay send me your cards & prices you want on them, I will put on eBay since I know how to ship the next day after payment is made & I will sell & ship your cards to the buyers. I will want 33% of the sales price after the fees are taken out. Sound like a plan?
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I'm really not a bad guy, just a slow shipper. Ask anyone on here! If I ever take awhile with a package I always throw extra stuff in to make up for lost time.

Perhaps eBay isnt the right thing at this time. But we will have to see what the future holds. The more & more I read into the matter with others that have similar issues, the more I see that I'm screwed.

But lets hope for the best. I dont want to have to build up feedback again and tip toe around eBay/PayPal with everything I do.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments guys.

I'm really not a bad guy, just a slow shipper. Ask anyone on here! If I ever take awhile with a package I always throw extra stuff in to make up for lost time.

Perhaps eBay isnt the right thing at this time. But we will have to see what the future holds. The more & more I read into the matter with others that have similar issues, the more I see that I'm screwed.

But lets hope for the best. I dont want to have to build up feedback again and tip toe around eBay/PayPal with everything I do.
GL man BTW where do I find my DSRs? I thought it was under my account but can't find it.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
GL man BTW where do I find my DSRs? I thought it was under my account but can't find it.
Its on the seller dashboard
Old 10-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Its on the seller dashboard
Thanks I was looking there but didn't see so I called em up. Turns out I can't see it til I get 10 or some sh!t like that. I couldn't understand him really but whatever ya know I don't sell much on there anyhow!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Thanks I was looking there but didn't see so I called em up. Turns out I can't see it til I get 10 or some sh!t like that. I couldn't understand him really but whatever ya know I don't sell much on there anyhow!
I believe you need 10 transactions as a seller in the past 12 months.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Just to be a little more specific...it's 10 dsr's left in 12 months. If someone leaves feedback, but no dsr it won't count.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

We do not think that you are a bad guy! We are just trying to point out that you alone can control the feedback that you get for slow shipping.

Another member suggested COMC and that might be a great option for you. I would not be able to be ship on a regular basis because of my travel schedule so COMC's services are perfect for me.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Just to be a little more specific...it's 10 dsr's left in 12 months. If someone leaves feedback, but no dsr it won't count.
Yea I think the guy said that but between you, I & this idiot box I'm in front of some of their CSRs I can barely understand lol. I guess when I do sell on there I have no problems, ships next day after payment & use DC to know when the buyer receives the item.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #45 (permalink)

you don't suspended for your DSR's alone. If you have a 4.8 dsr, there must have been plenty of cases against you. BUyers can open a case against you without leaving feedback. There must have been a pattern going on that ebay didn't like
dwest13cavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwest13cavs View Post
you don't suspended for your DSR's alone. If you have a 4.8 dsr, there must have been plenty of cases against you. BUyers can open a case against you without leaving feedback. There must have been a pattern going on that ebay didn't like
The guy has 4.5. Me personally, had 2 cases opened against me, both resolved with positive feedback left.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #47 (permalink)

you could just send it to me (or better yet somebody that is a power seller) and have them sell on consignment for a percentage after fees.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #48 (permalink)

honestly bookyyyyyy, i bought something here from you on the 28th...its the 9th. i have nothing in hand. you really shouldnt be selling stuff if you can't get it out in a timely manner. this thread and the fact that i dont hate you is the only reason i havent opened a dispute. put youself in that situation...you would hate to wait 2-3 weeks to get something.

if you do get reinstated on ebay, they will limit your selling to a certain amount or items until you get better and higher ratings. good luck

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
honestly bookyyyyyy, i bought something here from you on the 28th...its the 9th. i have nothing in hand. you really shouldnt be selling stuff if you can't get it out in a timely manner. this thread and the fact that i dont hate you is the only reason i havent opened a dispute. put youself in that situation...you would hate to wait 2-3 weeks to get something.

if you do get reinstated on ebay, they will limit your selling to a certain amount or items until you get better and higher ratings. good luck
I waited well over a month for my stuff....

And I'm still waiting for the "lost" package

Last edited by Major_League; 10-09-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #50 (permalink)

get a new ebay ID and a new bank account and start over. Simple.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote