Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default HELP eBay Seller Acount indefinitely suspended

Alright lets first establish a few things.

-I get lazy with shipping, being a full time college student away from home with a full schedule, lots of work, and a really crappy University Post Office poses its challenges.

-This eBay account has been active since 1999, there is only 1 negative feedback on the entire account

-My account has been "below standard" for a few months due to me 4.4/5 shipping rating. (4.56 in the last 12 months)

-I have had 2 cases in the last 12 months opened against me, I immediately refunded both transactions not wanting to deal with it.

I tried posting an auction yesterday and received a message that I no longer have selling eligibility on my account. I call eBay yesterday and was told "maybe eBay selling isnt for you" I requested more information as to why this happened, and how to receive selling eligibility back. I was told it can be sent to a review team which could take weeks.

I then requested to speak with a supervisor to see if any more information could obtained. I was repeatedly told he was busy and was asked to leave a call back number in which I would be contacted.

I still have not been contacted.

The account has a 1000+ feedback nearly 100% feedback rating. I honestly don't know what to do, this hobby is very difficult without selling on eBay.

Has anyone ever gone through this? or does anyone have any information that could be helpful?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe you should have gave up selling on eBay for awhile or @ least while you are @ college. They are sticklers when it comes to their DSR & shipping requirements. Sorry to be an as$ but it's no ones' fault but your own.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ebay is run by nazis. Find a new way to sell. Tell them to go to hell.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Get good grades so you don't have to sell on eBay for a living lol. I have the same struggles. Haven't been suspended for it yet though.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post

-I get lazy with shipping,

I call eBay yesterday and was told "maybe eBay selling isnt for you"
Kinda makes sense to me just saying.

taking a break from the hobby once I secure this card
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

To further clarify,

Lazy with shipping does not mean I dont send items. Sometimes it takes a week or so to get things shipped out.

NEVER have I sold something and not sent it.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I never claimed you had- but to be a seller and be on eBay one should treat it as a business.

taking a break from the hobby once I secure this card
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
To further clarify,

Lazy with shipping does not mean I dont send items. Sometimes it takes a week or so to get things shipped out.

We got it! Slow shipper right? When you sell on eBay you CAN'T be a slow shipper or you get dinged. Dinged is why your selling privileges were suspended. On a forum it may be tolerated but on eBay there is no way with all the buyers you are sure to get hung for slow shipping!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I never claimed you had- but to be a seller and be on eBay one should treat it as a business.
I was a powerseller for a few months.

My point is I dont see this as a reasonable course of action. I also dont understand how no one on eBay's side had any real information, nor were really willing to help.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I was a powerseller for a few months.

My point is I dont see this as a reasonable course of action. I also dont understand how no one on eBay's side had any real information, nor were really willing to help.
WTH? You aren't studying business are you? What if UPS/FedEx or the USPS got lazy in their shipping practices? Someone pays UPS for a 3 day service, shipment goes out on Monday & should arrive on Thursday but if it can't be delivered there better be a good damn reason right? Ebay expects you to fulfill you obligations the same way & it's called good business practice!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Taking a week or so to ship an item is just asking to get some DSR dings. You're actually lucky you haven't received more negatives or neutrals for being such a slow shipper. The person at eBay is basically right, you probably should quit selling on eBay until you can adopt a better shipping practice.

Last edited by MI Rob; 10-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

COMC sounds like a good option for you at this point in time.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

The numbers dont reflect poor buyer satisfaction. That is my problem with this.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

-I get lazy with shipping, being a full time college student away from home with a full schedule, lots of work, and a really crappy University Post Office poses its challenges.

I then requested to speak with a supervisor to see if any more information could obtained. I was repeatedly told he was busy and was asked to leave a call back number in which I would be contacted.
THis made me giggle.

You should respond with

"Then maybe working for Ebay isn't for the supervisor."

Bottom like is that Ebay only makes $$ with happy buyers. They don't care about you, your situation or anything else.

They only care that you get things to your buyer ASAP so they can get paid from the fees. No more. No less.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Time to go stealth and learn the way better. Or COMC, or just give up haha. I was banned for a 4.8 DSR rating. Having a 4.4 is real bad haha.

And btw this account will never be opened up again to sell.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
To further clarify,

I love how according to ebay policy the buyer gets a week to pay (despite all them needing to do is hit a couple buttons on their paypal account), while you can get suspended for taking a week to ship out a card
bigeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeric View Post
I love how according to ebay policy the buyer gets a week to pay (despite all them needing to do is hit a couple buttons on their paypal account), while you can get suspended for taking a week to ship out a card
I had someone take two weeks to pay, I opened a case an everything, I shipped next day from payment, they left me 1's everywhere. It was the straw that apparently made eBay's back break. It is a joke how the DSR rating can destroy a seller when it is all opinion.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

-My account has been "below standard" for a few months due to me 4.4/5 shipping rating. (4.56 in the last 12 months)

The account has a 1000+ feedback nearly 100% feedback rating. I honestly don't know what to do, this hobby is very difficult without selling on eBay
Quote:
To further clarify,

Quote:
The numbers dont reflect poor buyer satisfaction. That is my problem with this.
ebay has been doing this to sellers for some time now. 100% feedback is really irrelevant now. ITs all about DSR's and ebay doesn't want a seller taking a week or longer to ship an item. For all the reason's you were honest about your selling history is exactly the reasons ebay has been suspending sellers.

Nothing personal but I think they made the right call, maybe they shouldn't have indefinitely suspending your selling ability but as of now I think it fits. Maybe you just picked the wrong time in your life to sell on ebay.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Time to go stealth and learn the way better. Or COMC, or just give up haha. I was banned for a 4.8 DSR rating. Having a 4.4 is real bad haha.

And btw this account will never be opened up again to sell.

Exactly. Best way to go for selling, even if you have had no issues with your account.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Sad thing is, the OP still thinks he will get his account reinstated. If a 4.8 can't, how will a 4.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
ebay has been doing this to sellers for some time now. 100% feedback is really irrelevant now. ITs all about DSR's and ebay doesn't want a seller taking a week or longer to ship an item. For all the reason's you were honest about your selling history is exactly the reasons ebay has been suspending sellers.

Nothing personal but I think they made the right call, maybe they shouldn't have indefinitely suspending your selling ability but as of now I think it fits. Maybe you just picked the wrong time in your life to sell on ebay.
Exactly about the feedback. I always tell people, it isn't about the feedback, it is all about the DSR's. I changed one thing up in my sales to help DSR, no international sales. I have no issues now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post

Exactly. Best way to go for selling, even if you have had no issues with your account.
It really is. And is super easy to do it.

Last edited by nuccionino; 10-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

I don't see how suspending your account can help you or them in any way. I would think maybe a limited amount of listings until you show and prove your DSRs are right back to the 4.7-5.0 range would be better suited
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post

Appreciate the comment,

I still dont see how the punishment fits the crime. I could find you 10+ sellers in a very short amount of time with worse DSR's & multiple negative feedbacks.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
I don't see how suspending your account can help you or them in any way. I would think maybe a limited amount of listings until you show and prove your DSRs are right back to the 4.7-5.0 range would be better suited
Won't work, eBay doesn't care haha, once you are restricted, it's over. The point is to never get there.

Quote:
Appreciate the comment,

I still dont see how the punishment fits the crime. I could find you 10+ sellers in a very short amount of time with worse DSR's & multiple negative feedbacks.
Too late now, a 4.4 isn't good at all. Negative feedback doesn't matter. You can complain and try to get it back. It's gone, you are done with that account, period. It sucks, give it up, and go stealth.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

I've done a lot of research over the last 24 hours since this happened. Sounds like I'm screwed.

I still feel that if I keep calling and speaking to people higher and higher up (slow process I know) Someone will see that in the last 12 months my DSR for shipping is a 4.56 and both cases opened have been IMMEDIATELY resolved. I've had a longstanding account with practically no issues.

Like I said although the effort maybe futile I seriously think the punishment doesnt fit the crime, and eventually someone will see that.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've done a lot of research over the last 24 hours since this happened. Sounds like I'm screwed.

I still feel that if I keep calling and speaking to people higher and higher up (slow process I know) Someone will see that in the last 12 months my DSR for shipping is a 4.56 and both cases opened have been IMMEDIATELY resolved. I've had a longstanding account with practically no issues.

Like I said although the effort maybe futile I seriously think the punishment doesnt fit the crime, and eventually someone will see that.
4.56 is horrible. Again, I was banned for a 4.8. You need to realize that a 4.56 is real bad on eBay, it is unacceptable. You keep skipping the part they don't care about negatives, who cares about the no issues. No one will see this, you need a kick in the butt and face reality, you will never be able to sell on this account again, just face the facts.